Let's talk about you...

Story_Daddy

Literotica Guru
I've been in a funk lately- been spending a lot of time telling people about my life, my changes, my excitements and disappointments.

But now I am ready to do some listening. So stop in, and tell me a bit a out you. Tell me what gets you out of bed in the morning, what song I should know about, what scares and excites you- or the last time something beautiful made you cry.

Inspire me.

I enjoy signing on to Literotica Forums Playground to be jovial & lighthearted, yet positive for all who choose to interact with me (most of the time, when I am not a whiny little Bitch myself)

Hi L8tinIt--

Thanks for stopping in! How 'bout telling me something interesting. Did you do anything fun today? You off tomorrow? (I didn't notice- are you in the US?)

Hi Story_Daddy, I don't think we've met.

I'm in a funk today too. Hell if I know why though. People make things too complicated, ever notice that?

I try not to cry. My motto of late seems to be "feelings are stupid" so I try to sort of live around that.

I get out of bed because my alarm says I have to and my kid will be late for school if I don't. :rolleyes:

Hi Playfullittle1-

Thank you for introducing yourself! The pleasure is all mine- I have to tell you, your post made me both laugh out loud, while making me just a little sad at the same time.

Trust me when I say I know EXACTLY how you feel- and I am going to steal that motto, because those F!@$ing feelings just don't quit, do they? Even when we don't understand them... but I digress.

Do tell me more! Please! Oh- I know... in the spirit of getting to know you more (because I see you are not an early riser, but instead a pragmatic one) What sound is it that interrupts your sleep? The "buzz" of an alarm? The radio? Or one of those phone sounds like "Marimba"????

Hi Playfullittle1-
\What sound is it that interrupts your sleep? The "buzz" of an alarm? The radio? Or one of those phone sounds like "Marimba"????

It is the buzz of an alarm clock across the room.

Which makes me get out of bed, hit the snooze, and climb back into bed for 9 more minutes...

...several times before I actually get out of bed for good. :rolleyes:

Oh dear-- you are one of those people! :D Do you actually fall back asleep? 9 minutes... not 8? not 10?

THAT makes me laugh-- though, it seems painful. Growing up, my parent's room was directly across the hall from me. My mom would always hit the snooze button. Consequently, I was woken up at least 3 times before she got out of bed (then, my alarm would go off soon thereafter)

I guess I got my revenge when I got to HS and started having sports practices at 5:30 AM...

So-- what sound(s) put you to sleep at night? [if any?]

It is the buzz of an alarm clock across the room.

Which makes me get out of bed, hit the snooze, and climb back into bed for 9 more minutes...

...several times before I actually get out of bed for good. :rolleyes:

what is it about alarms that they all seem to have a 9 minute snooze?

Oh dear-- you are one of those people! :D Do you actually fall back asleep? 9 minutes... not 8? not 10?

THAT makes me laugh-- though, it seems painful. Growing up, my parent's room was directly across the hall from me. My mom would always hit the snooze button. Consequently, I was woken up at least 3 times before she got out of bed (then, my alarm would go off soon thereafter)

I guess I got my revenge when I got to HS and started having sports practices at 5:30 AM...

So-- what sound(s) put you to sleep at night? [if any?]

Yeah, 9 minutes unless I've slept through the first few minutes of buzzing, which I've done quite often.

I don't think any sounds put me to sleep. The soft "shush"ing noise of my buckwheat pillow maybe? And the ceiling fan over the bed.

what is it about alarms that they all seem to have a 9 minute snooze?

Very Observant, MaxSmith- but I have to note that you didn't share anything. Inspire me! Would love to know what gets you out of bed in the morning. Or any other interesting tidbit you might be willing to share.

Yeah, 9 minutes unless I've slept through the first few minutes of buzzing, which I've done quite often.

I don't think any sounds put me to sleep. The soft "shush"ing noise of my buckwheat pillow maybe? And the ceiling fan over the bed.

See- such a little detail. (or two) I love it.

So can I assume you are more of a night-owl than a morning person?

My alarm clock on my Kindle is set for a 5 min. interval for the first snooze....then one minute less after each one. I get mad, but I haven't changed it...yet.

HA- that's really clever of them! But kinda mean if you ask me! Is it a "buzz" or a "noise" or a "song"

What sound rouses you from your slumber?

Hey Daddy-O! :kiss::kiss:

Can I throw my morning ritual into the mix? I also am a chronic snooze hitter. But it is both music and a buzz that wakes me up. I have 2 alarms on my clock, so one is set to radio and the other to buzz.

So yeah for about 30 minutes every morning it is an alternating cacophony of music...buzz...music... buzz...music...until "BLU get the hell out of bed already!"

So maybe hubby is actually the noise that wakes me up? :eek:

I'm not having such a great night now.. Something just came over me out of nowhere :(

Illness? Sadness? Other?

I am assuming it is the former, only because a LOT of my friends are getting sick right now (and I had it last week)

I am SOOOO sorry you are not well (regardless of why)

By choice, yes, I'm a night owl. I hate morning enough that I generally sleep through it if I can. :rolleyes:

Don't be a hater ;) So, if you could set an ideal schedule at work, what would it be?

I tried music....I woke up late. So it is a buzz sound.

LOL-- It's funny how we have to find all these tricks to get ourselves going, eh? But that seems SO unpleasant!

Very Observant, MaxSmith- but I have to note that you didn't share anything. Inspire me! Would love to know what gets you out of bed in the morning. Or any other interesting tidbit you might be willing to share.

What gets me out of bed in the morning? There are 3 alarms set on my cell phone and one on my night stand... Three different tones (2 music, one a classic alarm bell sound) and a freakishly annoying sounding alarm on the one on the night stand. I am the queen of sleeping through alarms. Ugh... so not a morning person.

Share something... I got totally shot down over the weekend. I'm more than a little pissed about it because of who it was.

Hey Daddy-O! :kiss::kiss:

Can I throw my morning ritual into the mix? I also am a chronic snooze hitter. But it is both music and a buzz that wakes me up. I have 2 alarms on my clock, so one is set to radio and the other to buzz.

So yeah for about 30 minutes every morning it is an alternating cacophony of music...buzz...music... buzz...music...until "BLU get the hell out of bed already!"

So maybe hubby is actually the noise that wakes me up? :eek:

Two alarms... Wow-

That POOR MAN.... I sympathize with him! ;) My Ex was like that-- I HATED it. (so maybe I am projecting here onto your husband- I am sure he is far more sympathetic and understanding than I)

Fortunately, I woke up before her most of the time. (which meant, she woke up to the sound of me singing in the shower, ironing clothes, and being generally jovial-- poor woman)

So Blu, what helps you nod off at night?

What gets me out of bed in the morning? There are 3 alarms set on my cell phone and one on my night stand... Three different tones (2 music, one a classic alarm bell sound) and a freakishly annoying sounding alarm on the one on the night stand. I am the queen of sleeping through alarms. Ugh... so not a morning person.

Share something... I got totally shot down over the weekend. I'm more than a little pissed about it because of who it was.

That sucks-- I'm sorry. Being rejected is horrible, regardless of who it is. You take a risk, put yourself out there... *sigh* Bastard. If you wanna stop by, we can eat ice-cream, watch chick flicks and complain about our different rejections...

Thanks for being "real" and sharing.

Two alarms... Wow-

That POOR MAN.... I sympathize with him! ;) My Ex was like that-- I HATED it. (so maybe I am projecting here onto your husband- I am sure he is far more sympathetic and understanding than I)

Fortunately, I woke up before her most of the time. (which meant, she woke up to the sound of me singing in the shower, ironing clothes, and being generally jovial-- poor woman)

So Blu, what helps you nod off at night?

[laughs]

Hey it's only fair. I have to try and get to sleep while he snores. So he gets to try and stay asleep through my massive alarm clock debacle.

Actually my alarms go off while he is normally in the shower. So when I hear his voice what really gets me moving is the knowledge that something wet will probably hit me if I don't hurry. [laughs]

At night, being so damn tired and having the TV on loud enough to drown out his snoring helps me drift off. :rolleyes:

Back