Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Story Feedback

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old 01-28-2013, 01:25 PM   #51
sr71plt
Literotica Guru
 
sr71plt's Avatar
 
sr71plt is offline
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mid-Atlantic, USA
Posts: 33,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by laffalot View Post
I just went to check on the status of my edited version, which I submitted over a week ago, and it seems to have gone missing. No mention of it being disapproved or anything, just gone. Don't know what is going on, but I've gone ahead and re-submitted the edited version a second time with a note explaining what happened.
I just went through an edited submission myself for the first time. I took it that when the "edit" version disappears, the original (which was listed too) has been fixed. Did you check the version there on whether or not it had been replaced by the edited version? I assumption is that it has.
__________________
______________________


  Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2013, 01:31 PM   #52
RedMonkeyButt
Literotica Guru
 
RedMonkeyButt's Avatar
 
RedMonkeyButt is offline
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The Great Nation of Texas
Posts: 1,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by laffalot View Post
No, but I've read a lot of Stephen King.
If you check out the original version on pages 5 and 6 and I think page 9, you'll see the empty spaces where the text was left out. I typed the whole thing in Google docs (125 pages btw) and used italics to show the typed text messages between the characters. All the italicized words were omitted, but the space is still there, so the edited version will still be 16 pages.
I use Google docs for my stories as well because that way I can work on stuff on my phone when I don't have my computer with me. I've gotten in the habit of putting the HTML tags <i> around the italic text and then copy/pasting the story into the body of the submission form. I haven't had any problem with Lit messing up the formatting when I do this as opposed to attaching it as a file. It took a while for it to become a habit, but now I rarely even format in the actual italic text. Just make sure to warn your editor if you're using one so they don't edit out the tags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffalot View Post
I just went to check on the status of my edited version, which I submitted over a week ago, and it seems to have gone missing. No mention of it being disapproved or anything, just gone. Don't know what is going on, but I've gone ahead and re-submitted the edited version a second time with a note explaining what happened.
If you submitted the story with "EDITED" in the title, the edited submission won't show in your view page. Check the stats box of the original submission and see if it changed to the novels/novellas, and then go to the link to make sure the edited text took.
__________________
You never know how strong you can be, until being strong is the only choice you have.
Soon, nobody'll believe you even existed.
Honey badger doesn't give a shit!
My Stories | AH profile | SRP Profile
How long can you pretend to be perfectly happy before someone starts seeing the cracks?
The FAWCking authors have been revealed! Did you guess them right?

Last edited by RedMonkeyButt : 01-28-2013 at 01:33 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2013, 01:35 PM   #53
sr71plt
Literotica Guru
 
sr71plt's Avatar
 
sr71plt is offline
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mid-Atlantic, USA
Posts: 33,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMonkeyButt View Post
If you submitted the story with "EDITED" in the title, the edited submission won't show in your view page. Check the stats box of the original submission and see if it changed to the novels/novellas, and then go to the link to make sure the edited text took.
Yes, it does. I've just been through that. Both the original and the edited version show on the view page. after five days my edited version disappeared. I assumed that this meant the substitution was accomplished.
__________________
______________________


  Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2013, 01:54 PM   #54
RedMonkeyButt
Literotica Guru
 
RedMonkeyButt's Avatar
 
RedMonkeyButt is offline
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The Great Nation of Texas
Posts: 1,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71plt View Post
Yes, it does. I've just been through that. Both the original and the edited version show on the view page. after five days my edited version disappeared. I assumed that this meant the substitution was accomplished.
Yes, that's what I meant. You just beat me to it. The edited one stays on the view page until the original is edited and replaced. You keep the original stats from the initial submission, but once the edit is approved and done the edited stats box leaves your view page.
__________________
You never know how strong you can be, until being strong is the only choice you have.
Soon, nobody'll believe you even existed.
Honey badger doesn't give a shit!
My Stories | AH profile | SRP Profile
How long can you pretend to be perfectly happy before someone starts seeing the cracks?
The FAWCking authors have been revealed! Did you guess them right?
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2013, 05:57 PM   #55
we4urplzure
Virgin
 
we4urplzure is offline
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Blaine, Washington
Posts: 16
can we block them????

My hubby and I share an account. We also share the writing. The line between fantasy and reality is shifting for us and we are enjoying the exploration and celebration of our fantasies through flesh and literature.

We get an inordinate amount of hateful 'vitriol' (as one commentor described it) to our Loving Wives stories. It is as if they think everything described REALLY happened. If I delete vile attacks they just come back and rant about that. There is one guy in particular that I would like to block as I have disabled the anonymous comments. I actually suggested that he might find better company at the Westboro home page than in reading our stories! LOL!

I go to Erotic Couplings for the romance and Loving Wives for the dutiful or fantasy fulfilling/extra-marital stuff. Do these trolls harass the people that write about alien sex or is it just us that like to write about/have extra-marital consensual fun?

~HoneyShugar of we4urplzure
__________________
~we4urplzure~
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2013, 06:32 PM   #56
PennLady
Literotica Guru
 
PennLady's Avatar
 
PennLady is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by we4urplzure View Post
My hubby and I share an account. We also share the writing. The line between fantasy and reality is shifting for us and we are enjoying the exploration and celebration of our fantasies through flesh and literature.

We get an inordinate amount of hateful 'vitriol' (as one commentor described it) to our Loving Wives stories. It is as if they think everything described REALLY happened. If I delete vile attacks they just come back and rant about that. There is one guy in particular that I would like to block as I have disabled the anonymous comments. I actually suggested that he might find better company at the Westboro home page than in reading our stories! LOL!

I go to Erotic Couplings for the romance and Loving Wives for the dutiful or fantasy fulfilling/extra-marital stuff. Do these trolls harass the people that write about alien sex or is it just us that like to write about/have extra-marital consensual fun?

~HoneyShugar of we4urplzure
If you didn't know before, you do now, that LW attracts a disproportionate share of trolls in the comments. At least, so I've heard, as I don't poke around there much. So you need a thick skin, at the very least.

The easiest thing to do is to disallow anonymous comments, which you can set when you submit a story. This probably won't eliminate vile comments, since people may still post them with user names, but it would likely cut it down considerably. You can also disallow anonymous private feedback. There is also the option to disallow comments at all. So you have some options, depending on how important the feedback is to you.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2013, 06:57 PM   #57
we4urplzure
Virgin
 
we4urplzure is offline
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Blaine, Washington
Posts: 16
what do you do with this garbage?

by ythebadger
01/28/13
Poor is the author who thinks it

as you were obviously upset enough to delete my comment (and you'll no doubt do the same with this one), I shan't bother to comment on any further entries - I'll merely award them the same single star that this sickening mess deserved and move along.

by we4urplzure
01/28/13
if this offends you...

I think you would prefer the company at the Westboro Baptist Church Page. Here is the link. http://www.godhatesfags.com/?COLLCC=3888091786&
Stop torturing yourself by reading things you don't like.

Thanks and have a nice day!

by calclover
01/28/13
Wow

Did you forget your meds? So nobody is allowed to not like your story or you go off the deep end? Will never read anything you write again. Not because its poorly written because your a fucking psycho Jesus what's with you Wow Have a nice life Crazy bitch.

by tazz317
01/28/13
A "SLICE OF PIE" OR A "PIECE OF ASS"

its all the same...semantics dont change the act. TK U MLJ LV NV

by snakes454
01/28/13
one star for deleteing comments

I hate thin skinned authors who can't stand to see their crappy story criticised. The comments are the only entertainment value in a fucked up story like this. Written by trolls for trolls. You also don't have balls enough to allow anons to post? Loser!


WOW! They just keep coming back for the attack. I don't care if they don't like it but if it is so offensive move on down the road. Is there ANY WAY to block these people that have nothing of any value to contribute? Should I just delete my account? It isn't that I am thin skinned. I can take criticism if it is intended to better my writing. Random hateful attacks have no place here. NONE! So how do I block them? Also, I notice they don't submit any stories. They just go around being hateful. BTW: their spelling and grammar are atrocious!!!
__________________
~we4urplzure~
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2013, 07:02 PM   #58
sr71plt
Literotica Guru
 
sr71plt's Avatar
 
sr71plt is offline
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mid-Atlantic, USA
Posts: 33,365
You do whatever you want with it. You can just erase it, if you like. This is not a revelation on the forum. As PennLady posted, this is what happens in Loving Wives and has been happening for years. You're just coming late to the party. If you post your stories there, this is what you're going to get. Adjust, tolerate it, erase it, play with it, or just post elsewhere. It's not news.
__________________
______________________


  Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2013, 07:14 PM   #59
PennLady
Literotica Guru
 
PennLady's Avatar
 
PennLady is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by we4urplzure View Post
WOW! They just keep coming back for the attack. I don't care if they don't like it but if it is so offensive move on down the road. Is there ANY WAY to block these people that have nothing of any value to contribute? Should I just delete my account? It isn't that I am thin skinned. I can take criticism if it is intended to better my writing. Random hateful attacks have no place here. NONE! So how do I block them? Also, I notice they don't submit any stories. They just go around being hateful. BTW: their spelling and grammar are atrocious!!!
First off, I have to say that you can't take too seriously what anonymous people are posting about your story. Really, why do you care? And don't go down the "they don't submit stories" road. Again -- who cares? Would it really make a difference that a total stranger had submitted stories in addition to trolling yours?

I told you above how to block the comments -- turn off anonymous comments and/or anonymous private feedback, or turn off commenting completely. You can delete the comments as well; in fact, you can go to the page to view your submissions and turn off public comments even after you submitted the story. If they post more, delete the next set. It's all up to you.

Many people leave these up as something of a badge of honor, and also to show the trolls that they don't care. If you do care, you have options to take care of it.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2013, 07:22 PM   #60
lovecraft68
Bad Doggie
 
lovecraft68's Avatar
 
lovecraft68 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Closer than you think.
Posts: 18,372
Of course as always each author handles things differently, but I think the beginning of post #57 validates my personal theory.

Many people here will say delete the comment, you don;t have to leave it here and it shows the troll who has the power.

My idea is by leaving it there that way you show the troll you don't care. They took their shot, you pretty much ignored them.

Now you remove it and now this asshat has more ammo to attack you with and will now keep coming back harsher and harsher as you keep removing his remarks, it will also fuel the other idiots.

Remember, sticks and stones, why do you care what these morons think? You don;t know them, you'll never meet them, who cares if they say "hateful things"

Just deal with it, or if you can't, block comments, but remember if you do you won;t get the positive ones are any actual constructive ones.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2013, 07:37 PM   #61
we4urplzure
Virgin
 
we4urplzure is offline
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Blaine, Washington
Posts: 16
Exactly my point! I welcome the feedback if it was constructive. I don't care if someone dislikes my subject matter or my characters. That is fine; to each their own.

The trolls have made comments on how they would beat the shit out of their old lady if that happened to them blah blah blah. The level of rage and violence is frightening. That is what I want to avoid. I have had wonderful conversations with people that did not like my story but have not been hostile and threatening. I know I am virtually anonymous and the likelihood of anybody "tracking me down to beat me up" is minuscule. That does not reduce the feelings that can be brought on by that level of hostility.

I know how to delete and block comments. That isn't my question. Can specific users be blocked? I am on several other sites (never had the kind of treatment these trolls dish out) and they ALL have rules of conduct and the option to block or ignore certain users. I have had many positive comments from anonymous so I don't want to block them all, nor do I want to turn of comments entirely.

I see that some writers have a disclaimer at the start of their story. Is this a good idea or does it draw more assault?
__________________
~we4urplzure~
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #62
sr71plt
Literotica Guru
 
sr71plt's Avatar
 
sr71plt is offline
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mid-Atlantic, USA
Posts: 33,365
OK, the answer to your specific question, then. No, not that I know of. PM Laurel, the editor and ask her directly. She (or Manu, the tech administrator), are the only ones who could do it anyway. Here, it's just a tired old record.

The PM message system is found at the top right of this page. Addressing it to "Laurel" would get it to the site editor.
__________________
______________________


  Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2013, 07:45 PM   #63
we4urplzure
Virgin
 
we4urplzure is offline
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Blaine, Washington
Posts: 16
Thanks!
__________________
~we4urplzure~
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2013, 07:47 PM   #64
lovecraft68
Bad Doggie
 
lovecraft68's Avatar
 
lovecraft68 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Closer than you think.
Posts: 18,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by we4urplzure View Post
Exactly my point! I welcome the feedback if it was constructive. I don't care if someone dislikes my subject matter or my characters. That is fine; to each their own.

The trolls have made comments on how they would beat the shit out of their old lady if that happened to them blah blah blah. The level of rage and violence is frightening. That is what I want to avoid. I have had wonderful conversations with people that did not like my story but have not been hostile and threatening. I know I am virtually anonymous and the likelihood of anybody "tracking me down to beat me up" is minuscule. That does not reduce the feelings that can be brought on by that level of hostility.

I know how to delete and block comments. That isn't my question. Can specific users be blocked? I am on several other sites (never had the kind of treatment these trolls dish out) and they ALL have rules of conduct and the option to block or ignore certain users. I have had many positive comments from anonymous so I don't want to block them all, nor do I want to turn of comments entirely.

I see that some writers have a disclaimer at the start of their story. Is this a good idea or does it draw more assault?
Okay, well understand something. LW is full of pure woman haters. These are losers who have either never been married or their wives cheated on them.

They use these stories to vent their rage and impotence and try to use them as some form of voyeuristic revenge.

They comment about putting the wives in whore houses, selling them into sexual slavery seeing them gang raped etc.... that's all okay.

Now do what I did and "take the woman's side" and see what you get, but to me its just funny as well as pathetic.

If it makes you feel better the average LW toad is a fat needle dicked loser who obviously couldn't satisfy a woman if his life depended on it, hence the angst.

Its not you or your story its just their sad lack of self esteem.

Worst thing you can do is take it personally and let them get to you.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2013, 07:56 PM   #65
we4urplzure
Virgin
 
we4urplzure is offline
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Blaine, Washington
Posts: 16
LOL! I am a woman!
__________________
~we4urplzure~
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2013, 07:59 PM   #66
lovecraft68
Bad Doggie
 
lovecraft68's Avatar
 
lovecraft68 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Closer than you think.
Posts: 18,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by we4urplzure View Post
LOL! I am a woman!
Well if they know that you'll get it even more.

I'll tell you what's funny, I wrote a total man bashing basically femdom story and check the comments and see how many off these assholes think I'm a woman, just because I gave it to the husband.

http://www.literotica.com/s/how-do-we-look-baby

I like the one that says "may your issues be resolved"
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2013, 08:16 PM   #67
we4urplzure
Virgin
 
we4urplzure is offline
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Blaine, Washington
Posts: 16
LOL! The badger was my biggest hater! Hypocrite? I think the kettle knows not his color!
__________________
~we4urplzure~
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2013, 08:37 PM   #68
lovecraft68
Bad Doggie
 
lovecraft68's Avatar
 
lovecraft68 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Closer than you think.
Posts: 18,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by we4urplzure View Post
LOL! The badger was my biggest hater! Hypocrite? I think the kettle knows not his color!
See look, now you're laughing at these idiots. That's the best way to handle it.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2013, 09:06 PM   #69
Dream_Operator
Really Experienced
 
Dream_Operator is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Here, there and everywhere, mostly here of late.
Posts: 113
I got an anonymous comment sent to me on my latest story saying that because I didn't include "Ch. 1" in the title (even though it was in second line of the story heading), he had the right, no the duty to give me a one star rating.

I have to admit it made me laugh. What sad lives these people must lead.
__________________
My stories
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2013, 09:26 PM   #70
we4urplzure
Virgin
 
we4urplzure is offline
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Blaine, Washington
Posts: 16
Husband here

Thanks everybody for the info. I have been reading stories on here for years and just started posting stories on this site. Now that we know about the LW category we will find another area to post our stories. I think I will also include a "this story contains" disclaimer so nobody is surprised by the contents. I guess no where is safe from mean and hateful people.
__________________
~we4urplzure~
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2013, 10:39 PM   #71
luvthedesserts
luvherdesserts
 
luvthedesserts's Avatar
 
luvthedesserts is offline
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 10,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by we4urplzure View Post
Thanks everybody for the info. I have been reading stories on here for years and just started posting stories on this site. Now that we know about the LW category we will find another area to post our stories. I think I will also include a "this story contains" disclaimer so nobody is surprised by the contents. I guess no where is safe from mean and hateful people.
Found and read your story from this thread. I enjoyed your writing. I know itís tough to have thick skin when youíre first starting out. Eventually, youíll realize which comments are real and which are trolling. Take them for what theyíre worth.

As others have said, ignoring them is probably the best option. Deleting them or fighting back only adds fuel to the fire. If you enjoy writing and itís a healthy exercise for both of you, please donít let anyone run you off.

The disclaimer is an okay idea, but not really necessary unless you have something really shocking. Like trying to shoehorn a rape fantasy into the Romance section. Telling people what fetishes are involved in the story is sometimes beneficial. If youíre clever, the description will tell people what to expect.

Just my two cents on a free site. Hope you continue writing.

Luvs
__________________
Disclaimer: Read all posts tongue in cheek, not head up ass. Itíll go oh so better for you in the long run.
Oh, and if I've annoyed you, remember, you started it.


My Stories: Are here.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2013, 11:05 PM   #72
laffalot
Virgin
 
laffalot is offline
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New England
Posts: 29
Well apparently sr71plt and RedMonkeyButt are right about the edited version disappearing and the original changing to the edited version, as it seems that's what happened to my story. Funny though, because this morning I checked it and it hadn't changed, but the edit had disappeared. I guess when the edit was approved, it took some time to change the original to the edit. So anyway, if anyone cares, the story is finally fully there.

http://www.literotica.com/s/an-affair-of-the-heart
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2013, 02:01 PM   #73
AdjectiveNounVerb
Really Experienced
 
AdjectiveNounVerb is offline
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: East coast USA
Posts: 221
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by we4urplzure View Post
Exactly my point! I welcome the feedback if it was constructive. I don't care if someone dislikes my subject matter or my characters. That is fine; to each their own.
My favorite comment I ever left was along the lines of "I hate your subject matter but your story was too cursory and uninvolving to be able to upset me. Here's some ways to flesh out your next story and give it some oomph so it's properly upsetting."
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2013, 02:34 PM   #74
The_shadow_rising
Really Experienced
 
The_shadow_rising's Avatar
 
The_shadow_rising is offline
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: The Shadow
Posts: 114
As a writer of 'cheating' stories, here's what I've found. In addition to the usual fools and trolls, you get a lot of people who hate women who cheat but are ok with guys that cheat. You get a lot who hate anything involving (women)'cheating'/'cuckold', and it doesn't matter whether you post it in LW or any other area - I've had the same, even death threats, in pretty much every category I've posted a story in (which I think is about five or six), all because it's that particular topic in that particular way. So if your story was about anything like that, that may be why.

I just tend to laugh at those people and write what I want anyway, don't let it reflect on your opinion of your work. Write what you want, fuck what anyone else thinks, and ignore those who are too stupid to realize that just because something is different from what they enjoy/agree with that it shouldn't be voiced on Lit.
__________________
~Ahi Hay Lilitu~

-The Shadow Aflame-


...All Hail the Princess of Lust, All Hail the Dark Mother...



"I'm a fear from a shadow land, I seduce you all..." W.A.S.P., 'Charisma'

"Be obscene, be be obscene, be obscene baby..." Marilyn Manson, 'mOBSCENE'

"There's no time to discriminate; hate every motherfucker that's in your way" Marilyn Manson, 'The Beautiful People'

"There's a party over here, party over there. Rebels, throw your fists in the air. Bitches, throw your tits in the air" (Hed)P.E., 'Crazy Legs'
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2013, 02:45 PM   #75
sr71plt
Literotica Guru
 
sr71plt's Avatar
 
sr71plt is offline
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mid-Atlantic, USA
Posts: 33,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_shadow_rising View Post
and ignore those who are too stupid to realize that just because something is different from what they enjoy/agree with that it shouldn't be voiced on Lit.
This could be cut and pasted to threads over on the AH about twice a week (perhaps a bit more gently stated, of course).
__________________
______________________


  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:32 AM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.