Old 12-30-2016, 05:23 PM   #1
Compmaxtec1965
Really Experienced

Why do people not respond?

I'm new to the boards and am curious. I'm a 51 yr old male just looking to make new friends. I lost my left leg in August so I'm kind of stuck in the house without the ability to get out and meet new people. I've opened a couple threads in the personals and PM'd a few people but have gotten almost no responses. Does the fact that I am disabled turn people off? Does talking to a gimp scare people? Let me know what you think.

Jim

Old 12-30-2016, 05:25 PM   #2
Ricky_Champagne
Flirtatious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compmaxtec1965 View Post
I'm new to the boards and am curious. I'm a 51 yr old male just looking to make new friends. I lost my left leg in August so I'm kind of stuck in the house without the ability to get out and meet new people. I've opened a couple threads in the personals and PM'd a few people but have gotten almost no responses. Does the fact that I am disabled turn people off? Does talking to a gimp scare people? Let me know what you think.

Jim
Interact more here in for the threads so people can get to know you a little better.

Old 12-30-2016, 05:26 PM   #3
LadyJS
Fucking Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_Champagne View Post
Interact more here in for the threads so people can get to know you a little better.
What he said.

You might also think about filling out your profile a bit more. At least it isn't blank, but you might consider telling people more about yourself.

Old 12-30-2016, 05:27 PM   #4
Deprived_in_AZ
Call me Dee :)

Quote:

Jim
Welcome to Lit!

Give people a chance to get to know you by interacting with them on the boards, and you'll soon make friends.

Old 12-30-2016, 05:29 PM   #5
may_I_please
Literotica Guru

Welcome to lit

On here you are just what you care to share, so personality, attitude, humour, ability to type count

People are wary of new posters because many are Alts

Settle in play in the playground and just be for a bit

Connections come with time they can't be forced

Old 12-30-2016, 05:30 PM   #6
Compmaxtec1965
Really Experienced

What more should I put in my profile? I've tried interacting with people but get no response.

Old 12-30-2016, 05:31 PM   #7
ydahecnot
Sun of a gun

For maximum humor, no one should have responded

But seriously, what they said. People want to see you on the boards before they see you in their boxes

I'm a sinner, I'm a saint, I do not feel ashamed.

Libby for mayor of Lit!

Old 12-30-2016, 05:38 PM   #8
LadyJS
Fucking Literotica Guru

Quote:
What more should I put in my profile? I've tried interacting with people but get no response.
Let's see...

Single? Married? Separated? Divorced? Complicated? You like reading... what? What kind of movies? What about computers interests you? Games? Programming? I'm guessing at this 'cuz I know shit about computers. Is that the extent of your interests?

Do with this as you may, these are just suggestions. Use your imagination, look at some of the profiles of others. I'm no expert at this shit, so I'm not the best to give you examples. Maybe it's best you DON"T follow any advice I give you!

Old 12-30-2016, 05:52 PM   #9
Compmaxtec1965
Really Experienced

I updated the profile a bit, perhaps that will help

Old 12-30-2016, 06:03 PM   #10
Imperfect_Guy
Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyJS View Post
Let's see...

Single? Married? Separated? Divorced? Complicated? You like reading... what? What kind of movies? What about computers interests you? Games? Programming? I'm guessing at this 'cuz I know shit about computers. Is that the extent of your interests?

Do with this as you may, these are just suggestions. Use your imagination, look at some of the profiles of others. I'm no expert at this shit, so I'm not the best to give you examples. Maybe it's best you DON"T follow any advice I give you!
Between your posts and your profile, you just can't help but be entertaining. Gotta love this lady!