Poetry Feedback & Discussion Official Guidelines
Welcome to the Literotica Poetry Feedback and Discussion Forum. We're here because we love poetry and want to help each other write and learn in a supportive, respectful environment.
1. You must be 18 years or older to read or participate at Literotica.
2. You may not post sexually explicit pictures or stories featuring anyone under 18 years old. Literotica does not allow the posting of underage or animal sex pictures on the forum.
3. Do not post /hotlink copyrighted images or articles in their entirety. Fair use laws allow some posting of copyrighted material, such as excerpts from articles and screen captures from movies, under certain circumstances. Please do a Google search under "Fair Use" if you want to understand this issue better.
4. You may not post personal information of other members or, for that matter, anyone else. We do not allow phone numbers, email addresses, private messages or quotes from private emails to be posted on the forum. This rule also covers real names, employment info, and any other personal information that we deem inappropriate.
5. Do not threaten other users. Treat other users respectfully and do your best to make the poetry forum a supportive and welcoming place for everyone. Do not harass or belittle other users because they don't agree with you. Posts or threads that berate others may be moved at the moderators' discretion.
6. Any posts made with the intent of promoting another site or a product will be removed. You may not send unsolicited PM's or emails to other users trying to promote other websites or products. Literotica is not a place to promote other websites, and we are very strict on this issue. If you abuse this policy, you will be banned.
7. Please do not blatantly "advertise" for other websites in your signature. We allow non-commercial links to other people's personal websites in sigs, but please do not beg people to click on your link, make it huge and/or flashing, or otherwise be obnoxious.
We do not allow links to any adult pay sites. We also reserve the right to remove signatures which link to sites with numerous annoying pop-ups, viruses, or anything else potentially harmful to people's computers. If you turn your signature into an advertisement, we will ask you to change it. Do not start threads with the URL in the header.
8. You cannot use a URL/site address as your membername. If you do so, we will ask you to change your name.
9. Please do not post audio that automatically plays itself on the forum. There are people who access Lit from various locations, and in some locations they prefer to be discreet. We reserve the right to edit or remove any post or signature which automatically plays audio.
10. Please post content in the appropriate forum. The main Poetry Feedback and Discussion forum should include content focused on poetry, while the Poets Hangout may include content of a more general nature. Remember to keep content on both forums respectful and supportive of all users. Failure to do so may result in your post or thread being moved to a more appropriate forum or off the main forums entirely. We do not believe in censorship, but your posts will be moved or removed if you do not read the forum title before hitting "SUBMIT". Personal ads should be posted in the "Personals" forum, story ideas in the "Story Ideas" forum, BDSM issues in the BDSM forum, random nonsense on the General Board, roleplay (sexual or non) in the roleplay forums and so on.
11. We will not remove posts for you. You have the ability to edit out any text and remove any attachments on your own. The administrators will not delete your posts just because you changed your mind about what you said. You can edit your own posts as you see fit. Please do not contact us about removing your posts.
The various poets here represent many different views about what constitutes good poetry, but anyone can disagree respectfully. Please avoid personal insults and flame wars-- they just waste everyone's time.
If you have a personal problem with someone else on the forum, please deal with it privately in a PM or an email or use the ignore feature.
Please feel free to contact the Poetry Forum Moderators with questions or suggestions.
"A great future doesn't require a great past." - William Chapman