Old 01-10-2013, 06:45 PM   #1
NippleMuncher
Masticatus Nipplicanis

Calling All Chefs

Can someone explain to me how to pound a chicken breast to 1/4" without turning it into Swiss cheese and/or hamburger?

And what is the advantage of pounding a chicken breast over simply butterflying it to add filling?

For what it's worth, I don't have a meat pounder. I do know that the rolling pin and a rubber mallet don't work.

Old 01-10-2013, 06:48 PM   #2
DemianBiros
Really Really Experienced

Location: Corrupting folks everywhere by asking them to think
Use the bottom of a heavy bottle like a wine bottle.The fibers soften an allow more integration of the spices into the meat.

"A kind word does turn away wrath,friend;but the idea of your scalp swinging on my belt tickles me just as much".
from the memories of a much younger man,Western Wyoming,ca. 1985

Old 01-10-2013, 06:50 PM   #3
hamburgerhelper
Literotica Guru

Cover the meat with plastic wrap before you start beating it. Keeps it from ripping to shreds. Trust me, I am a chef.(Then again covering your meat before beating could be anyones tip here.)

Old 01-10-2013, 06:56 PM   #4
NippleMuncher
Masticatus Nipplicanis

I've gone to using a ziploc bag rather than plastic wrap, it's easier to use and it contains the shrapnel.

And yes, on this site, beating meat and playing with breasts does mean a whole different thing! LOL

Old 01-10-2013, 06:59 PM   #5
NippleMuncher
Masticatus Nipplicanis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemianBiros View Post
Use the bottom of a heavy bottle like a wine bottle.The fibers soften an allow more integration of the spices into the meat.
Not much for spice in this recipe, it's saute'd onion, garlic, spinach, and mild soft cheese. The chicken is wrapped around it, then dredged, seared, then baked.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:03 PM   #6
Porkwarrior
Midlife Man Whore

You also beat chicken breast so it's a more uniform thickness & cooks evenly, otherwise the thin half will be overcooked & rubbery.

A cast iron skillet works well to pound chicken if you don't have a mallet. Or a rolling pin. You don't need to pulverize it, just even it out.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:56 PM   #7
ElenaMaple
Experienced

When a recipe instructs to do that, I'll sometimes butterfly it and then pound it uniformly thin. Stretches the meat a little further for my budget. Also, a towel around it can help keep it from shredding. I don't have a meat mallet either and sometimes just carefully use my thumbs.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:23 PM   #8
MsQuote
Polite Depraved Dame

Hmm ... no cracks about beating your meat?

http://agoodwomansdirtymind.com
Erotic Stories - Pleasures in Photography - Relationship Ramblings - Seductive Soundtracks - Seriously Sexy Fun

A Masterful Seduction by the Book, Taking Flights, Taking Rides , and A Good Woman's Dirty Mind available at Smashwords

Stories on Literotica

Old 01-11-2013, 12:31 AM   #9
JustaSCOUNDREL
Literotica Guru

Well there was one, but it was a little bit obtuse. (G)

Mike

Old 01-11-2013, 02:14 AM   #10
NippleMuncher
Masticatus Nipplicanis

I used a 1.5 liter bottle of Sake, seemed to do the trick fairly well. The first three breasts turned out pretty good, the last was a little worse for wear, but still usable. Dinner was a hit, no pun intended.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:26 AM   #11
heavyhitter01
Loves Spam

I'm late to the party, but...

I use two sheets of wax paper and a wide rubber mallet. Butterfly the chicken first, then use the mallet to simply flatten them out a bit more. Start in the middle and work out in circles to avoid "shrapnel."

A wooden mallet also works well. Avoid the metal mallets...those are a travesty that should never be allowed in a serious kitchen.

Old 01-11-2013, 03:52 PM   #12
NippleMuncher
Masticatus Nipplicanis

I considered butterflying last night but I didn't like the way the breasts would turn out, so I stuck with pounding them. And, as I said earlier, a gallon sized ziploc bag works great and keeps the mess to a minimum. The heavier plastic doesn't wad up or stick to itself like plastic wrap or wax paper.

Old 01-13-2013, 05:21 PM   #13
oxphocker
Really Really Experienced

A few drops of oil on either side of the chicken before it goes into the plastic might help lube things up a bit as well to keep it from catching on the plastic and causing tears.

(wow, after rereading that...sex and cooking aren't too far apart at times...)