Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Old 12-31-2012, 06:21 PM   #26
bronzeage
I am a river to my people

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlieplum View Post
do you write the whole thing and start to post or write bit by bit and post as you go?

After my first experience writing a multi-parter, I had some gaps in the timing, and I get pissed off when I get into a story and the author drops it without completing it (quite a few I can think of in that category) or leaves it for months without an update. But I've been working on this one story for freaking ever.

I've got 30,000+ words written and the rest of the plot mapped out, but I'm stalled. I'm tempted to post the first few parts to light a fire under my own ass, but...
When you intend for a work to be fairly long, it's best to have it all down before you post the beginning. A lot of the time, a really great plot line becomes apparent, which requires a change in an earlier chapter.

Lesbian Schoolgirl Enema Bondage, Something for everyone.
"Mama help me. I'm looking at a naked blue eyed man." Good clean fun with the Shower Girl.
Security provided by a well armed dancing peanut.

Quote:
Originally posted by LostBaby
My beloved is perfect. He is strong, smart, well read, can & will do anything, tender, and totally adores me. The only thing that could make him better is if he was freak'n wealthy beyond words.
On the floor of a small room near the city wall, they found the source of the many fragments of wisdom this civilization had left the world.http://bronzeageworks.blogspot.com/

Old 12-31-2012, 06:51 PM   #27
carlieplum
Really Really Experienced

thanks for all the feedback folks

As crazy as my life is, I think I am best off finishing the whole thing. It worked okay writing piece by piece on my first multipart, but for a variety of reasons, I think it's not the best approach for me now.

I really appreciate everyone who took the time to put their .02 in. It was really helpful.

Old 12-31-2012, 07:47 PM   #28
jomar
chillin

Unless you want a "novel" that is a mess go ahead and finish it...later ideas may mean rewrites for earlier chapters.

If you want a soap opera that is ongoing and flexible, you'll have to take notes and be internally consistent.

Old 01-01-2013, 02:15 AM   #29
TimothyM
Really Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlieplum View Post
As crazy as my life is, I think I am best off finishing the whole thing. It worked okay writing piece by piece on my first multipart, but for a variety of reasons, I think it's not the best approach for me now.

I really appreciate everyone who took the time to put their .02 in. It was really helpful.
You're welcome. It was one of the more interesting questions asked here at AH and I also found the various responses useful. Wouldn't mind seeing more inputs on this thread.

Good luck with the writing and let us know when the story is ready to take off.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:25 PM   #30
SusanPark
Virgin

I'm currently writing my first story, and it will probably encompass multiple parts, so this has been an interesting thread to read. The "broad strokes" of my story are actually not that hard since I know what I want to write about (and many of the things in it are true), but I find myself having difficulty when it comes to how I want to express and present the many details.