Old 01-21-2016, 10:02 PM   #1
Omnilore
Experienced

Medieval Marvel/DC (OOC)

My idea for this is that we take the modern day superhero setting and recast it as a story set in a magical fantasy world. It could focus either on Marvel or DC, or blend elements of both together. S.H.I.E.L.D. could be re-envisioned as The Black Shield, a network of spies for the Xandarian Empire. While the Black Shield takes care of the behind-the-scenes work, the Imperial Avengers are the heroic warriors and the face of the Empire's strength. Empress Adora entrusted command of the Black Shield to Lord Commander Nicholas Fyurin -- her Minister of Intelligence -- who ends up taking control of the entire Empire when the Minister of War, Lord Commander Victor Vonduum, stages a coup and attempts to seize power for himself, leaving the Empress deep in a magical slumber.

Vonduum is ultimately defeated and flees with his followers, though one of them is captured and interrogated, revealing that the traitorous lord has formed an alliance with a foreign entity known as The Red Skulls. Another unfortunate result of this treachery was the tampering of potions and chemicals in the lab of the Empire's top alchemist, David Bannister. This causes him to turn into a troll-like monster whenever he gets angry. To stop him, Sir Anthony Stark creates a set of enchanted armor.

My idea is for this story is to start out with our characters being new initiates at the Imperial Academy, instructed by Commandant Charles Xavier. After we've had some time to develop our characters at the school, Vonduum's betrayal takes place, and then we learn that the Red Skulls have taken control of several foreign powers, most notably Asgard to the north -- Loki, the adopted son of Highlord Odin, betrayed his family and gained command of the Frost Giants, transforming most of the Asgardians into Ice Wraiths under his control. A handful of survivors led by Thor managed to escape and make it to Xandar.

A similar fate occurred in the Kree Empire when Ronan the Accuser seized command of the military. The characters eventually learn that the Red Skulls are commanded by a sorcerer named Thanos who seeks gather the fabled Infinity Gems so that he may open a doorway to the Underworld and summon the ancient Dark Lord En Sabah Nur. To inspire his followers, Thanos publicly revers Nur as a god, operating the Red Skulls much like a religious cult. In reality, though, this is an illusion as he has no intention of bowing down to Nur -- he intends to steal the power for himself and become the new Dark Lord.

The action really starts for our characters when we are graduated early from the Academy and sent to Xandar's northern border, where an army of Frost Giants and Ice Wraiths are gathering in the mountains, led by Loki. They soon realize this battle was just a distraction while Vonduum leads Ronan and a legion of Kree Battlemasters in an assault on the Imperial City.

Ultimately, our story tells of an epic war spread out across various locations, and can eventually lead into other sagas, such as Ultron and the Sentinels in the form of enchanted sets of armor that move on their own. I'm open to ideas.

Old 01-22-2016, 12:14 AM   #2
Felix80
Literotica Guru

This looks interesting.

Old 01-22-2016, 01:03 AM   #3
Omnilore
Experienced

Sweet. Thanks .

Old 01-22-2016, 08:00 PM   #4
Omnilore
Experienced

Now we just need two females and we can roll with that.

Old 01-22-2016, 08:31 PM   #5
Felix80
Literotica Guru

So which characters are we pulling from for this. The Avengers and X-Men?

Old 01-22-2016, 09:22 PM   #6
Omnilore
Experienced

Yeah, pretty much. I'll probably use Thor, Stark, Bannister, and Xavier as sort of mentors/NPCs, and then choose one of the younger characters as my main student persona. I'm actually thinking of running two students -- one who is heroic and plays by the books, and one who is kind of a rogue and only attending the Academy because it was the only way to keep him out of the dungeons. I think I'd like to make that rogue Gambit and the hero Cyclops, thought I would change up their abilities some.

Instead of just shooting lasers from his eyes, Cyclops would release his life energy from anywhere on his body, though mostly he uses his eyes and hands to fire the beams. Gambit can still charge physical objects with energy, and wears an amulet to store excess power to use in a time of need. He also has a collection of magical artifacts that he has stolen during his short life, stored in several hidden liars spread around the world. Commander Fyurin wants Gambit to join the Black Shield and become a spy and assassin.

Old 01-23-2016, 01:06 AM   #7
Felix80
Literotica Guru

I'll think about it and see if someone jumps out at me.

Old 01-26-2016, 12:26 AM   #8
Felix80
Literotica Guru

Maybe a male version of Skids. Sal. Personal forcefield. Either that or a telekinetic.