Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Sexual Role Playing

Old 04-15-2014, 02:32 PM   #1
NekoMata
Storyteller Demon

Forget Me Not [CLOSED for gearhead73]

Lisette sighed pulling her legs up to her chest as she gazed up at the sky. Dusk had begun to paint it vivid shades of red, pink, and purple and she had a beautiful view from where she floated above the rooftops. As the sun slowly sank out of sight she lowered herself towards the roof of a funeral parlor. As she drifted lower and lower she gazed at her hand. It was still vaguely transparent but her body was slowly becoming solid again. She remembered the first time this had happened to her; she had been frightened out of her mind. Who wouldn't be, when they found out they were dead. She had only been a ghost for a short time but it wasn't all that hard to figure out she wasn't normal. I mean, she had never heard of ghost that could become tangible again, and it seemed she could only do it at night.

The other strange thing was she had absolutely no idea how or when she died. She couldn't even remember much about what she had done when she was alive. She had just came to one day, floating out over the buildings and all she could remember was her name. Everything else was an absolute blank. With the last few minutes of intangibility she had left before the sun set she sank through the roof and into the main room of the funeral home. Once the sun went down completely her body resumed it's solid form.She had taken to hanging around the funeral parlor for a while. It was the only place she was assured peace and quite. The last thing she needed was someone freaking out when she made her reappearance. A wry smile curved her lips and she stretched lazily.

Moving to stand in front of a wide mirror she ran her hand through her brunette colored locks. Her hair was slightly messy and she ran her fingers through it rearranging the long waves that hung to her lower back and that framed her face before falling over her right eye. She guessed she was pretty enough...even for a ghost. She was relatively short, standing at only 5'4" and she was rather slender. Her outfit was simple and consisted of a loose fitting black half shirt with the image of a cat on the front and a pair of black ripped skinny jeans. Satisfied with her appearance she headed towards the exit.

Walking out of the back door Lisette made her way down and alley and out onto the main streets. As always she spent her nights wandering about, hoping to eventually find someplace familiar. After a while she ended up moving further and further into the city. It was pretty crowded, New York City always was. Her gaze alternated between the ground and the outsides of the many buildings that still glowed, buzzing with late night activity. As she walked one of the shops caught her eye. It was a quaint little coffee shop, tucked between to other larger buildings. For some reason she felt like she recognized the place. She was so caught up in thought that she didn't notice the male in front of her until she ran directly into him. The impact caused her to stumble slightly and she started to apologize as soon as she regained her balance.

"Oh crap... I'm totally sorry..."

http://forum.literotica.com/showthre...9#post42823459

Old 04-16-2014, 01:56 PM   #2
gearhead73
Hi-tech Redneck

Night had begun to fall in the city and as most every evening before Cody Hennings was roaming the streets of midtown Manhattan. The stifling humidity of the afternoon was beginning to wane, giving way to the still warm but much more comfortable summer night. Cody had walked the very same circuit from his apartment, to the Hudson, through Times Square and back again almost every night for the last four years since moving to The Big Apple. He had taken a job at an engineering firm on the upper east side just shortly after college and had fallen in love with the city almost instantly. The hustle and bustle of sightseers and shoppers moving about the hot spots that were listed on every travel websight and map always seemed strangely comforting to him. In some starnge way, being surrounded by thousands of people that were most like only there for the day made him feel like he wasn't alone, and that had been a rarity before coming here.

His life now was a stark departure from what it had been when he was young and still in school. He had come from an affluent family, lived in an affluent neighborhood, and had other affluent teens as friends. He had played football and baseball in high school, lettering in both and becoming captain of the Mighty Dogs. He had enjoyed a multitude of girfriends and there was never a time when he wasn't invited to all of the cool hangouts or parties. He had always gotten good grades, and even with his busy social calendar, had managed to be on the honor roll every semester. His academic achievments, coupled with a sizeable donation from his father had earned him a full ride to Columbia University, where he had pursued wealthy coeds and an engineering degree. Things seemd like they couldn't get any better, and Cody was looking forward to very bright future. Then, without warning, everything changed.

Three months after graduation, all of his family's assets and property was frozen and impounded by the SEC. It turned outh that his father had made the bulk of his fortune by skimming from the wealthy clients at the investment firm that he had worked at. His father was sentenced to 25 yrs years for embezzelment and fraud, and in the blink of an idea he and his mother were homeless. They ended up moving in with his grandparents, until they could get back on their feet, but his mother had never recovered. Cody had found her lifeless body after returning home from an evening run. She had left him a note saying that she was sorry, but that she couldn't face the shame of going. She had taken a bottle of sleeping pills and thought Cody had tried for as long as his body would allow, he was unable to revive her.

After that, Cody felt the need to leave what was left of his shattered life behind and seek out a fresh start someplace new. His grandfather had a friend who was a partner in a small engineering firm in New York, and although Cody new he would never be able to afford the life of his youth, he was able to eek out a modest living that paid for a decent apartment in Brooklyn.

He had given up running and instead walked the streets at night to stay active and fit. His 5' 11" frame has lost some of the muscular definition of his youth, but at 185lbs he still thought he looked in pretty decent shape. He stopped at a small cafe that he frequented on these walks and got his customary hot cocoa. It was an odd drink for this time of year, but the young barista behind the counter always seemed happy to make it for him. He loved the way the smell and warm silky taste reminded him of when things were better. His mother and him had always shared steaming cups of it during the winter nights at his grandparents. He remembered sitting there, sipping quietly, and how it always made things seem like they might get better.

Cody was about to take a sip from his cup when he felt someone slam into his back and it went flying out of his hand.

"Oh crap... I'm totally sorry..." and small female voice said from behind him as he regained his footing.

"No, hey, no problem!" Cody spat as he started to turn. The agitation was clear in his voice. "I mean, I was only fuc..." he stopped himself as he looked down at the young woman that had run into him.

He stood there looking at her and noticing the sincerity of the apologetic look on her face. The one eye that wasn't covered by her flowing brown hair was wide, with what he imagine was a mixture of embarassment and fear as he looked down at her.

"It's fine, I'll just get another." he said trying to muster a smile.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:21 PM   #3
NekoMata
Storyteller Demon

Lisette ran her hand through her hair, fiddling with the ends of her hair. She vaguely recalled it as being a nervous habit even when she was alive. If there was one thing she was sure she wasn't going to miss in the afterlife it was getting yelled at by people on the street. She was pretty sure that she had been as shy and non-confrontational in life as she was now. After a moment she nervously lifted her gaze to look at the person she had run into. For a quick moment a look of confusion flashed on her face. Something about the male she had ran into seemed vaguely familiar but she couldn't place it. After a second she realized she had began to stare and dropped her gaze to the ground again. She decided that it would simply be best to just dismiss the feeling and, muttering another apology, she moved past him.

She headed into the cafe, still feeling a bit nervous. Stepping in side she looked around, breathing in the sweet but slightly sharp scent of coffees brewing. The cafe was rather quaint, a small place done in neutral colors with a sort of modern chic style to the decorating that had become quite popular in cafe's in the city. Still there was something about the place that seemed warm and comfortable, for the first time in quite a while she felt at ease. Picking a table in a sort of secluded corner she took a seat, deciding to study the menu for a while.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:09 AM   #4
gearhead73
Hi-tech Redneck

Cody stood there and watched as the young woman walked into the cafe. As soon as the door closed with the fading jingle of bells that were hung above it, he cursed himself. It wasn't like him to snap at someone like that. It was clearly an accident and she had apologized not once but twice, and both had seemed genuine. Taking a deep breath he bent to pick up his cup and walked to a nearby trash can to throw it away. He couldn't help thinking about the look on her face. A mixture of fear, confusion, and in the brief moment that she had seemed to stare at him, recognition. He didn't think they had ever met, but then again he couldn't be sure. He had been quite the socialite in his former life so it was possible that their paths had crossed once before.

He still wanted his evening drink, and felt that it was his turn to say he was sorry so he headed for the door to seek her out. He walked in and scanned tha small romm of patrons looking for her. He saw her sitting in a far corner and slowly made his way to the table where she was seated. She was looking at the menu and hadn't seemed to see him approach, so he cleared his throat softly trying to get her attention.

"Excuse me." he said in a soft voice. "I'm sorry about earlier. It was an accident clearly and I shouldn't have snapped at you. I've had a long day and..."

He stopped midsentence deciding that it didn't matter why he had acted the way he had, so instead he extended his hand and started over.

"My name's Cody. Can I buy you a cup of coffee or something?"

Old 04-19-2014, 04:16 AM   #5
NekoMata
Storyteller Demon

Lisette had only been half studying the menu as she sat in the cafe. Her thoughts seemed to be wandering rather freely and she was absentmindedly tracing the swirling pattern on the table with the fingertips of her left hand. She was so off in her own world that when she heard someone clearing their throat right beside her she flinched slightly in surprise. The action was so swift and slight that it was virtually unnoticeable. She turned her gaze towards the source of the noise and was surprised to see the guy she had bumped into earlier standing by the table.

"I'm sorry about earlier. It was an accident clearly and I shouldn't have snapped at you. I've had a long day and..."

Lisette glanced at him tilting her head to the side. He was apologizing it seemed, and from the sound of it he was pretty sincere. He paused for a moment seeming to think about further trying to justify his earlier temper. After a moment it seemed like he had decided against it. Instead he introduced himself and held out his hand. For a moment she looked at his hand, but nervously she extended her own to shake his. Her hands were ice cold despite the warm night and the warmer temperature inside the cafe. She only kept his hand for a second before releasing it and returning to tracing patterns on the table. She gave him a faint smile before she spoke.

"It's fine really...and I'll have a frappe if you don't mind... My name's Lisette by the way..."

Old 04-21-2014, 01:03 PM   #6
gearhead73
Hi-tech Redneck

"Lisette, got it." Cody said with a grin. "One frappe coming up."

He turned on his heels and headed to find a spot in the ever lengthening line. The cool touch of her skin still tingled in his hand. It had struck him as odd, given the heat of the night, but then again it always seemed girls were cooler than guys, especially someone as small as she. He kept repeating her name over and over in his head as he waited for the patrons in front of him to get their orders. He had always been terrible at remembering names, so he would say them over and over in his head trying his best to commit them to memory.

'Lisette...Lisette' he thought over and over and after a few times around he was pretty sure he had it. Then again, as he said it each time, it seemed a little more familiar to him as well. He was fairly certain that he had at least heard it before, but as he turned to look at her once more, he couldn't place her face. She was young, and beautiful, with long flowing hair and though he couldn't think of a time when they had ever met, he was sure that he would have remembered her if they had. His eyes couldn't help but pan lower across her petite frame, taking notice of her well proportioned features. Though her shirt was loose fitting, it didn't take away from her charms and her fitted jeans outlined her lower half perfectly.

"Excuse me, are you in line?" a small voice roused him back to the task at hand, and with a quick apology, he stepped to the counter to place their order. A few moments later he was heading back to her table, and without wanting to startle her again, he sat the cup in front of her gently.

"There you go, one frappe." he was thinking of just apologizing again and leaving, but he didn't want to. There was just something about her that drew him to ask if he could stay.

"Do you mind if I join you?" he said pointing to the seat on the opposite side of the table.