Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Editor's Forum

Old 01-27-2013, 02:23 AM   #1
duckandbunny79
Really Really Experienced

Request for an editor.

Hi there,

We would like to request an editor to help us out. Marcus has submitted parts 1 and 2 of our story on the site and I have had a go at writing part 3.

However, the story has been rejected for

...Please break up & fix the punctuation of your dialogue. The convention is one speaker per paragraph, so whenever someone new says something, start a new a paragraph. Also, with dialogue you include periods, commas, exclamation points, or question marks inside the quotes. The essay "How to Make Characters Talk" in our Writer's Resources section has more information on the paragraph formatting of dialogue if you have further questions....

I have gone over the story again and tried to pick out the speech where I can. My style of writing is different to that of my hubbies and so a lot of the speech is told in the first person, so does not need speech marks.

I'd just like someone to look over the story and see if it now complies with the rules.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Mwah!

Liz.

Old 01-27-2013, 03:17 AM   #2
_Lynn_
In search of 'soon'

It would be helpful it you included the word count and category for the story. The additional information is useful for someone considering your request.

Old 01-27-2013, 03:44 AM   #3
duckandbunny79

opps

Sorry Mistress.

The word count is 4157 words.

It fits into the group sex category.

It follows on from parts 1 and 2, basically a couple on holiday with limited swinging experience discover (amazingly) they have accidentally booked into a swingers hotel. Who would have thought!

Anyway, they are getting over the shock and now settling into the fun and games.

Old 01-27-2013, 04:47 PM   #4
duckandbunny79

Just to let people know I've had an editor offer to take a look at my work, thank you very much for taking the time to have a look