Old 05-14-2012, 11:15 AM   #1
danigrl84
Literotica Guru

Without a trace

How do you cope when a fellow litster goes AWOL? Especially one you have grown close to, spilled your heart to, shared everything with and promised one another to never just disappear without at least a good bye.... I knew this was probably inevitable. Internet affairs/relationships are a complicated thing, especially when the people involved are in serious relationships irl. I guess I'm looking for how other people have dealt with this....no lectures on not chatting with married men, please.
Maybe misery will love company and we can find comfort in one anothers voids...

Old 05-14-2012, 11:23 AM   #2
danigrl84
Literotica Guru

I should be clear that although I am heartbroken for my own selfish reasons, I have been a bit overwhelmed with concern and worry as to what has caused his absence. Hoping and praying that communications weren't discovered and the reason for the abrupt disappearance.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:50 PM   #3
SweetErika
Work in Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by danigrl84 View Post
I should be clear that although I am heartbroken for my own selfish reasons, I have been a bit overwhelmed with concern and worry as to what has caused his absence. Hoping and praying that communications weren't discovered and the reason for the abrupt disappearance.
There's a fair chance that IS the case. People don't seem to be particularly smart when it comes to hiding their cheating, do they?

If his wife did find out, I'd say you should focus on feeling really sorry and compassionate towards her. What you're going through is nothing in comparison to the heartbreak she's experiencing.

Old 05-14-2012, 03:56 PM   #4
KlaytonFrost
Literotica Guru

Sometimes real life gets in the way. Maybe he hasn't gone, but is just taking a break to deal with some stuff. Give him some time to return before starting to worry.

Old 05-14-2012, 05:50 PM   #5
query
Loquacious Sesquipedalian

Last edited by query : 08-08-2014 at 02:09 AM.

Old 05-14-2012, 07:05 PM   #6
anne22
Literotica Guru

Quote:
How do you cope when a fellow litster goes AWOL? Especially one you have grown close to, spilled your heart to, shared everything with and promised one another to never just disappear without at least a good bye.... I knew this was probably inevitable. Internet affairs/relationships are a complicated thing, especially when the people involved are in serious relationships irl. I guess I'm looking for how other people have dealt with this....no lectures on not chatting with married men, please.
This is my own personal nightmare. I am so very very sorry that you're living it right now.

How long has it been, and what's the longest time he's been away previously? Also, how long have you been together? All of those are factors in what might be happening.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:12 AM   #7
AudioFilly
Virgin

I'm open & above board with my husband on my end, but I'm his secret friend on his end. I know that there will be temporary absent times. The worst have been during a couple of different hospital stays & me with no way to check on him. I just have to wait it out while going out of my mind.

I don't have a solution for you, but know you are not alone in such a situation.

How long has it been since you've heard from him? It could just be that something came up on his end. The absence could be temporary.

Old 08-06-2014, 06:16 PM   #8
happymizer
Virgin

slightly different situation for me

Had a long distance gf for 3 years that I had originally met on Y chat. One day she just never contact me again. Horribly painful but nothing I could do. Good Luck

Old 08-06-2014, 06:31 PM   #9
TROLLSACK
Loves Spam

Oh god... I just don't get how someone can fall in love with someone they have never met. Haven't you guys seen catfish? The broad that you are heartbroken over is probably just some fat sweaty dude fucking with you... If it is a real female, I bet that she never looked at you the way you looked at her. You were probably nothing more than just a distraction for her. I suggest that you never consider someone to be your girlfriend unless you have touched her vagina.

Cheers,
The Troll

Last edited by TROLLSACK : 08-06-2014 at 06:36 PM.

Old 08-07-2014, 02:26 AM   #10
obstinate fawn
Experienced

Quote:
The same thing happened to me several years ago. He just suddenly disappeared. I held my peace for about 2 weeks, then started searching Lit for other posts and replies to other posters. Finally found someone one else he was talking to quite a bit and wrote her to see if she had heard from her (she also lived closer to him, in the same state at least). She had not and said she would try to contact him to let him know I was trying to find him. Finally, after about 5 or 6 weeks, he did come back on line and had had a major heart attack requiring bypass. It turned out well for us, but we did eventually mutually agree to go our separate ways.

Old 08-07-2014, 02:53 AM   #11
pfflyerhot
Literotica Guru

Funny...

Quote:
Here's a recent post I made in the "Let's Hear Your Voice" thread, on this very topic...
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0qM3CDk8hh7
I'm still twisting about this one... and we hadn't gotten anywhere near heart-spilling promises... I felt we were just becoming friends and he wasn't married... so he said. It's fucking rude to not say goodbye... or even fuck you... I'd be happy with fuck you, even. But, then again... what if they're dead..?

Last edited by pfflyerhot : 08-07-2014 at 02:57 AM.

Old 08-07-2014, 03:45 AM   #12
TheJestersAdvocate
;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfflyerhot View Post
Here's a recent post I made in the "Let's Hear Your Voice" thread, on this very topic...
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0qM3CDk8hh7
I'm still twisting about this one... and we hadn't gotten anywhere near heart-spilling promises... I felt we were just becoming friends and he wasn't married... so he said. It's fucking rude to not say goodbye... or even fuck you... I'd be happy with fuck you, even. But, then again... what if they're dead..?
That could very well be...or their internet access could be, anyways. I try my best to ensure saying goodbye when conversing with folks...and unless it's an emergency, won't leave without doing so. Who knows what is going on with some folks.....I give everyone the benefit of the doubt.....as much as it sucks, life does get hectic at times.

*smirks and chuckles a bit* Heh....sorry, just found it funny how you think NOT saying fuck you is rude. I like the way you think.

If you take sexual advantage of her, you're going to burn in a very special level of hell. A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater.
- Shepherd Book to Capt. Mal Reynolds.

"If someone tries to kill you, you try and kill them right back."

Quote from Firefly episode "Serenity"

Wash: "Everything looks good from here... (beat...playing with plastic dinosaurs over his console) Yes. Yes, this is a fertile land, and we will thrive."

(as Stegosaurus) "We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... 'This Land'."

(as T-Rex) "I think we should call it...your grave!"

(Stegosaurus) "Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"

(T-Rex) "Ha ha HA! Mine is an evil laugh...now die!"

Old 08-07-2014, 06:50 AM   #13
RawHumor
Literotica Guru

Sadly, it's one of the realities of online relationships (romantic or platonic), and not just with married people. With married people, you obviously have that huge extra variable... their spouse can be the "easy" reason that the person you're talking to suddenly disappeared. Sickness (or worse) is another possibility, as was mentioned above. Then, this being the net, there is the scenario of "online death", where someone just creates a new username and possibly a new persona, and the old one disappears without a trace (similar to the catfish scenario that my idiotic friend mentioned above).

It happens. 90% of the time you never get an answer to your question. You just try to hope/pray for the best for the person and hope that you DO find some resolution at some point, knowing that you very well might not.

Exchanging cell numbers and talking on the phone can bring two people closer and reduce the risk of them disappearing without a trace or without reason, but can have its own inherent risks.

Don't be a douche! Click here.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:12 AM   #14
JtohisPB
BAMF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLLSACK View Post
Oh god... I just don't get how someone can fall in love with someone they have never met. Haven't you guys seen catfish? The broad that you are heartbroken over is probably just some fat sweaty dude fucking with you... If it is a real female, I bet that she never looked at you the way you looked at her.You were probably nothing more than just a distraction for her. I suggest that you never consider someone to be your girlfriend unless you have touched her vagina.

Cheers,
The Troll
You seem to have become confused in the middle of a sentence. Are you suggesting that he is a fat, sweaty dude or that he is pretending to be female (WTF?).

Also, while cat fishing is a very real thing, so is forming bonds with people over the Internet. For many, the benefit of the interaction with others outweighs the alarm at fake people. If he's not asking her for money or other items of monetary value, he's not catfishing her. This doesn't mean he's genuine, I realize.

To the OP, I do know how you feel and the heartbreak is real. With no other means of contacting him, you will have to go through this without answers to your questions. He may or may not return, and you may or may not ever understand why. It is likely he was caught or became ashamed of cheating and needed to stop. Maybe he or a member of his family has health concerns. Who knows. I suggest you focus on healing your heart and trying to move on.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:56 AM   #15
GiggLeGasm
June Cleaver Wannabe

Location: Clevelandish, Ohio... A great place to live; I wouldn't want to vacation here.
To directly answer your question, you handle it as you would handle any breakup. In real life, if you get involved with someone who is already involved, you run the risk that that person may wake up one day and make a choice between the two of you. One of you may feel heartbreak.. two of you.. three of you..
If that's what happened, then the only heartbreak that you can work on is your own.

The fact that this relationship happened on line didn't make it that much different than if it would have happened in real life. You might have still fallen head over heels for a guy who wanted the best of both worlds.. or who doesn't know how to close one book before opening another.. or is just lost and using relationships as therapy.. or.. or.. or

So the question is.. how would you handle it if he was some guy who lived 30 minutes away and just stopped returning your calls?

Old 08-07-2014, 01:35 PM   #16
Primalex
能ある鷹は爪を隠す。

Quote:
How do you cope when a fellow litster goes AWOL?
You pick some lonely guy and have sex with him. He will feel better and this will make you feel better.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:18 PM   #17
pfflyerhot
Literotica Guru

Time...

Time, and knowing that I was always sincere has helped me.