Help! My screen shrunk!

glynndah

good little witch.
I've accidentally held the mouse wheel down somehow {I've done that before but always caught it and reversed the rotation before it was "permanent".} and shrunk the size of the font on this site. None of the other windows are affected so changing it via the control panel isn't going to work. I've tried logging on and off ~ no luck.

So, how do I get it back?

A :kiss: from the squinting good little witch.

Edited to add: Hey! Somehow I managed to get the size corrected so my need isn't quite so urgent. I would, however, like to know what happened and how to correct it without relying on serendipity.

Last edited:
CTRL+ and CTRL- will increase or decrease, respectively, the font size on your browser page. Pressing CTRL while moving the mouse wheel will do the same.CTRL 0 will reset it to the default size.

CTRL+ and CTRL- will increase or decrease, respectively, the font size on your browser page. Pressing CTRL while moving the mouse wheel will do the same.CTRL 0 will reset it to the default size.

Cool! I knew there was some combination of keys to make this happen but I couldn't remember what it was. By the way, my hand was nowhere near the CTRL key ~ this was all mouse-caused ~ but that's good to know.

Now to just remember this the next time it happens.

A thank you :kiss: from the good little witch.

Sometimes the Zoom Level controls in the lower right corner of the screen is useful for us people who never bothered to learn the keyboard shortcuts.

Looks like a magnifying glass with a +sign in it.

yeah, that only works on text...

that square in the top right or holding the left click button with the cursor on the edges or top works most of the time.

If all else fail...restart.

Last edited:
Next time use cold water and tumble dry on fluff.

I've accidentally held the mouse wheel down somehow {I've done that before but always caught it and reversed the rotation before it was "permanent".} and shrunk the size of the font on this site. None of the other windows are affected so changing it via the control panel isn't going to work. I've tried logging on and off ~ no luck.

So, how do I get it back?

A :kiss: from the squinting good little witch.

Edited to add: Hey! Somehow I managed to get the size corrected so my need isn't quite so urgent. I would, however, like to know what happened and how to correct it without relying on serendipity.

It sounds like your computer is in need of a minor hardware upgrade.

After installing this, your screen should be able to maintain size. ;)

tumblr_lf5akzBNwU1qfejh0o1_500.jpg

Back