Old 11-24-2012, 06:03 AM   #76
DungeonsOfDread
Dungeon Master

He felt the electric spark of awareness as Flit touched him squarely on the chest, she paused for a moment. He realised that although she may have positive bearings through the shelving, she would need to feel around him to get to the panel. He placed his hand gently on hers and he felt her jump slightly but she didn't resist, he then pulled the rest of her body close to his chest toward him. After he had secured her he maneuvered himself around her so she could get past.

Old 11-24-2012, 06:17 AM   #77
SinisterSpiders
Meow

Leah "Flit" Cross

Flit's breath caught in her throat and she jumped as she felt Scraps's hand cover hers, and his arm wrap around her shoulders and bring her closer. As much as it frustrated her, her breathing was slightly ragged as he slowly turned her around so he could get past him. Because she was so close to him she could smell his musky masculine scent and it sent a wave of appreciation through her. She had to try very hard not to sigh longingly.

Then it was over almost as quickly as it had begun. His arm slowly dropped down from around her, but his hand held hers to his chest for a few moments longer than he needed to. When he did take his hand off hers she moved at away and turned around regretfully, reaching out for the left shelf again and walking towards the panel.

The wall of the vault was icy to the touch as she felt around for the control panel. After a few seconds her fingers brushed the smooth glass screen. Flit messed around with it for a bit, but the lights would not come on. However, the faint glow of the panel was just enough to help her eyes adapt to the darkness.

"Right, well we have the light of the panel at least. Let's see if we can get the door open, shall we?" Flit tried a number of different combinations of commands to get the door open, but it remained firmly closed. "Looks like we're stuck." She eventually conceded, her shoulders drooping.

Last edited by SinisterSpiders : 11-24-2012 at 06:25 AM.

Old 11-24-2012, 06:37 AM   #78
DungeonsOfDread
Dungeon Master

Although she was wearing a large overcoat and her warmth was mostly self contained he could certainly tell the difference between when she was pressed against him and when she had moved away. After a few moments he heard her frustrated sighs, it seemed she was having no luck with the emergency lighting. She was now attempting to get the door open. Although Scraps wasn't an expert in electrical devices he did have minimal training from the surface which might suffice in this situation.

He moved toward the sounds of her voice slowly, cautiously with his hand extended in front of him. After a short while he made contact with her right shoulder, again she started slightly with his surprise contact.

"Sorry, I wanted to see if I could help." He explained. He could now see the faint glow of the panel in front of her but still needed to use her body to get his bearings. He slowly moved his hand down her shoulder along her extended arm toward the panel, she remained completely still. By the time he reached the end of her fingers, he was pressed up against her back. Using her fingers he was able to feel around the panel. Now more confident with his positioning he maneuvered his other arm around her other side so he could work with both hands. He tried to reactivate the system but to no avail it seemed it did require the scheduled maintenance.

"Hmm, I don't think I can fix it either." He stated flatly.

Old 11-24-2012, 06:44 AM   #79
SinisterSpiders
Meow

Leah "Flit" Cross

Don't move, don't move, don't move.... Was the mantra going through Flit's mind as Scraps slowly ran his arm along hers. Despite the toasty warm over coat her body erupted with goosebumps and he shivered under his touch. He is only using me as a guide, she told herself as she felt his body press against her back. Two times in as many minutes was too much for her to handle. Her stomach was churning and she had that wonderful build up in her lower regions. Stop it, she snapped at herself, he is trying to fix the damn panel.

"Hmm, I don't think I can fix it either." He stated flatly.

Even though he admitted defeat he still remained against her, his arms resting light on top of hers.

"I told you so." She said. She meant it to come out petulantly, but instead it was just a nervous squeak. Damn it, she thought, get your act together. Her internal monologue was interrupted by the feeling of his body shaking ever so slightly against hers. "Oh Scraps! You're freezing!" She said, turning in his arms and slowly bringing her bare hand up to his face. It was indeed cold.

Old 11-24-2012, 06:56 AM   #80
DungeonsOfDread
Dungeon Master

He didn't actually notice the cold until she mentioned it. She turned in his arms and he felt the warmth of her hand rest against his cheek; an inferno against a wall of ice. With her so close to him now he could also feel the warmth of her breath hot against his face. Her scent which he had paid little attention to before was strong in the air, a subtle scent that caused a tingle in his lower regions. It was not a familiar feeling but at the same time it wasn't a negative experience. His arms had fell naturally to her sides after she turned, he placed them gently on her lower back, something gesture seemed right.

"It's not that bad." He tried to explain unconvincingly. Where she was fully suited for prolonged exposure to this environment, Scraps was still in the light training gear, a singlet top and thin pants. His voice and body shivered uncontrollably against her.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:03 AM   #81
SinisterSpiders
Meow

Leah "Flit" Cross

"You won't get any points for being tough if you freeze to death." Flit said, rolling her eyes in the darkness as Scraps tried to deny the physiological evidence. "Well, the bad news is that I only have one coat." She said, looking up at the outline of his face and trying to make out his features.

Flit tried hard to remember the layout of the room despite the distraction of Scraps's body so close to her own.

"The cooling vents are at the back, so that area will be the coldest... And we can't hover near the door, because if it opens it will his us. Here, follow me." She ran her hand down his cheek, then over the muscles of his neck, before tracking over the curve of his shoulder and down his firm arms. When she finally reached his fingers she doubted that she would need the jacket to keep warm.

Flit slowly entwined her fingers with Scraps's and stepped away from him, careful not to release a disappointed sigh. She led him carefully about a meter away from the door. She felt around with her foot and was pleased to feel that the floor was covered there with old packing boxes.

"There are some boxes on the floor just in front of me. Sit down on them." She directed, using his hand to pull his body around hers so that he was standing on the boxes.

Last edited by SinisterSpiders : 11-24-2012 at 07:06 AM.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:10 AM   #82
DungeonsOfDread
Dungeon Master

His body savoured in the warmth of her fingers as they guided their way down his chest and arms. Her hands locked with his and she guided him to what she described as a some flattened boxes on the floor. He felt the change in texture on the ground and proceeded to sit himself down, the boxes blocked most of the cold emanating from the ground. She stood in front of him and he could hear her fumbling in the dark.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:15 AM   #83
SinisterSpiders
Meow

Leah "Flit" Cross

When Flit heard Scraps settling down on the flattened packing crates she moved so that she was standing in front of him. She reached up and grabbed the zipper tab, then pulled it down slowly, gasping as the coldness of the room played with her skin through her thin clothing. The sound of the zipper was loud against the dull hum of the cooling fans.

Slowly Flit lowered herself, reaching her hands below her and placing them carefully on Scraps's thighs as she sat down.

"Open your legs slightly so I can sit between them." She said. She moved her hands off him and he complied. When the noise of his movement stopped she sunk the rest of the way and peeled the coat off her body. "I will put this jacked over the both of us, it should be able to keep us both warm if we stay close enough." She explained, doing as she said.

Luckily the jacket was made for people that were a variety of sizes, and, unzipped, managed to sit over their huddled bodies easily.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:28 AM   #84
DungeonsOfDread
Dungeon Master

She settled herself in between his legs comfortably. He could now feel the searing heat of her whole body without the barrier of the jacket, he was sure it wasn't just the slight skin to skin contact that warmed his center though. She positioned the jacket around them to preserve their combined heat. Flit leaned back against him with her head now almost directly next to his, her pleasant feminine scent filled his nostrils again. He placed his hands around her mid-section and although he would later convince himself it was to generate more heat, the truth was, the gesture felt natural, almost as if his body subconsciously knew what to do even though his mind didn't.

"Are you comfortable?" He asked, the question seemed pointless as sitting in a freezing cold room on a pile of boxes was probably the least comfortable situation he could think of at the time, but he felt the need to inquire about her well being.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:36 AM   #85
SinisterSpiders
Meow

Leah "Flit" Cross

"Probably a little too comfortable..." Flit muttered under her breath before she could stop herself. The way that his arms were wrapped around her made her breathing come faster; the warmth of his body and hers combined under the jacket and created a pocket of heat in the darkness. Flit desperately needed something to distract her from the inappropriate things that she was thinking and feeling.

"So, are you enjoying it down here?" She asked in the most light and conversational tone she could muster.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:52 AM   #86
DungeonsOfDread
Dungeon Master

"Yes definitely, I mean, I believe I am. I can honestly say that I'm learning something new everyday." he responded, changing words quickly realising he initially answered a different question unintentionally.

They stayed still for several moments longer, as his body relaxed he found it more comfortable to lean against the nearby shelf behind them. Flit in turn also relaxed against him, he could feel the subtle changes in her breathing. The stirring in his lower regions grew and he could feel a pressure building in his penis, the feeling wasn't completely unfamiliar but The Government had trained such reactions out of him. He suspected at his point that the control chip did more than limit his psychic abilities, it definitely explained the recent new sensations he had been experiencing since his capture. Flit moved against him presumably to get comfortable, however it only made his predicament worse. He could be certain of one thing, it wasn't a negative feeling but without further knowledge and experience he wasn't entirely sure what to do about it.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:47 PM   #87
SinisterSpiders
Meow

Leah "Flit" Cross

"That's good to hear." Flit said, settling back against him carefully. "I know it's only early days, but do you think you'll be staying with us?" Flit asked, throwing her entire mind into the conversation to avoid facing the intoxicating sensation of his chest rising and falling against her back.

Old 11-24-2012, 09:15 PM   #88
DungeonsOfDread
Dungeon Master

In her continued effort to get comfortable lying on him, she seemed to settle into a spot that was comfortable for both of them. She pressed most of her weight on his upper body which relieved some of the pressure on his erect member. Her question also helped him to remain focused on keeping warm rather than the feelings of arousal.

"Before meeting you, I never knew there was a possibility of another life. Now that I've had a taste for it I have no inclination to return to my previous engagement. Have others returned to the surface? And if so how can you let them go with all the knowledge they gain down here?" he asked

Old 11-24-2012, 09:22 PM   #89
SinisterSpiders
Meow

Leah "Flit" Cross

Flit's stomach flip-flopped at the news that Scraps planned on staying down there with them. Even in the short amount of time they had spent together she had decided that she liked him. She could quite easily see him becoming good friends with Hawkeye and herself.

"Some others like you haven't been able to adapt to life down here. After a while either Acumen or Divvy will get a good idea of their intentions. If they are having a miserable time we wipe their memory of what they learnt about us and send them back up. We aren't in the business of forcing recruits or keeping prisoners." She explained.

Old 11-24-2012, 09:37 PM   #90
DungeonsOfDread
Dungeon Master

"I see, I know that The Government and other Registered Derivates might seem like remorseless Dictators but its not all bad. When I wasn't on a retrieval mission I was assigned to the streets as law enforcement. On many occasions I managed to intervene and prevent many crimes." he recounted. At the time he didn't think much of the things he had seen citizens do to each other but now without The Government brainwashing his every thought, the idea that horrors like that existed on the surface made him sick.

"I do remember one time though, I was on a patrol at night and I heard a woman's screams coming from a darkened alleyway. When I got there, four men were gang raping her, I managed to dispatch of them quickly but the damage had already been done. They had beaten and abused her to the point of no return, I don't know why but I held her in my arms and watched her die. Later my superiors reprimanded me for not being quick enough, I was physically punished and blamed for her death. I never thought to question their decision but now I'm not so sure." He told her somberly

Old 11-24-2012, 09:44 PM   #91
SinisterSpiders
Meow

Leah "Flit" Cross

Flit knew that all of the things on the surface weren't horrible, she lived up there after all. She could almost call some of her citizen colleagues at work, friends. She also knew of the crime that existed, the crime that The Government hushed up and then swept under the carpet. That wasn't to say that there wasn't any form of crime in the Underground, but at least they were open about what was happening and how they wanted to try and prevent it.

Flit listened as Scraps's voice turned sombre and he told her of a time where he was too late to rescue a woman. The story itself made her feel unwell, but when she heard of Scraps's punishment it made her angry.

"You might have gotten there late but you still tried. You were not responsible for the actions of those bastards." Flit said passionately, keeping her voice soft and soothing. She leant her head back against his chest and turned her cheek so that it was against the fabric of his singlet, hoping that the contact would comfort him.

Last edited by SinisterSpiders : 11-24-2012 at 09:46 PM.

Old 11-24-2012, 09:50 PM   #92
DungeonsOfDread
Dungeon Master

Flit's response helped him reevaluate his thoughts on the incident. Her soothing tone also helped him come to terms with the fact that it wasn't his fault. The gesture of her head against his chest thought seemed to offer the most comfort, through her body language he felt the emotional support.

"Have you ever had a bad day down here?" he inquired. Even though their conversation had turned to a less positive topic and his former arousal had evaporated he was truly interested in her past.

Old 11-25-2012, 06:03 AM   #93
SinisterSpiders
Meow

Leah "Flit" Cross

"Have I ever had a bad day down here?" Flit asked with a small laugh. "I've had plenty... pretty much every day I am forced to be anywhere near Swipe is a bad day by my reckoning." Flit laughed again and then shook her head, even if Scraps couldn't see the movement he would feel it.

"Seriously though, yes, there have been quite a few bad days. I've had days where we went out on a patrol or a mission and not all of us came back. We've had days where we got terrible news from the Hub about one of our agents. There have been time where one of us has let our power overwhelm us...

"Even though mostly everyone down here is great and we have a lot of fun, the knowledge that things can turn from good to devastating in a split second is never far away." Flit said sadly, trying not to let the memories overwhelm us.

Flit sat in silence for a few moments as the recollections came to her, despite her best efforts to keep them shut away. One of them stood out, and at that moment she thought that it was important to share it with Scraps.

"There was one day just after I started were all us newbies were sent out on a patrol together with Post-Hoc. It was supposed to be a routine round of some of the deepest and darkest tunnels in the Underground. We went into one and heard this horrible screeching sound- I'll never forget it. It sounded like pain and death and it made my heart leap from my chest. A few seconds later there was this other sound, like birds trying to flap against a strong wind, and the next sound was a scream. That time I knew the sound... I recognised the voice...."

Flit bit her lip, using the pain as a distraction to stop the tears.

"It was one of my friends, Crush. A whole group of mutant bats the size of small hovercrafts swooped down and attacked us. They went for him. Post-Hoc ordered us to run... But I was so close to him- I could've reached out and touched him. Then Swipe grabbed my arm and began to run. I had no choice. By the time I realized that I should have teleported back to get him the light source was gone and his had cries faded. All I could hear was the sound of flesh being torn from bones as those bastard bats ate him."

A tear managed to squeeze out of Flit's tightly closed eyes.

"Sometime I still hear his screams in my mind. It's like I should have done something, like I could have saved him but didn't...." She trailed off. "So, you ask if I have bad days? Yes... I do. But thankfully they are outweighed by the good ones."

Old 11-25-2012, 06:17 AM   #94
DungeonsOfDread
Dungeon Master

After she finished retelling her story Scraps could only remain silent. He detected the change in her body and tone of voice and knew her mood had dropped into a depression. Scraps had witnessed briefly from the other's in The Underground and also those on the surface the embrace used for positive reinforcement. He attempted to do the same by pulling her further into his body mimicking the embrace, as an addition he also moved his head closer to hers imitating her own gesture of comfort.

He felt her body relax slightly and decided that he had helped a small amount. He wasn't sure if he wanted to continue the train of thought but a great deal of him had to know the answer.

"Is that why you saved me? Even though there was the likelihood of being killed or captured yourself?" He asked quietly.

Old 11-25-2012, 09:06 PM   #95
SinisterSpiders
Meow

Leah "Flit" Cross

Flit relaxed into his comforting embrace, suddenly thankful for the darkness that surrounded them. She knew that it was only the coldness and lack of light that allowed her to get so physically close to him; higher up in a training room she would never have been so daring. Despite the myriad of thoughts running through her mind due to their predicament, she was quite pleased to be in his presence.

"I guess that is why I saved you." She said wish a small shrug "I didn't really think about it at the time. All I could hear were the screams and the gunshots and I needed to help. I knew that while the guns were still firing there was hope, but knowing the nest I also knew it wouldn't last for long. The thought of what would happen beyond going in all gun-ho didn't really occur to me..."

Flit was silent for a few moments, trying to recall her thoughts and feelings of that particular morning.

"Plus, it wasn't like you had any chance of capturing me anyway." She added, with a slight laugh at the end.

Old 11-25-2012, 09:16 PM   #96
DungeonsOfDread
Dungeon Master

It was a relief to know that Flit wasn't just an erratic and unpredictable person without care for her own safety or others. A part of her did feel it necessary to make up for past wrongs. Her mood lightened slightly and he got the hint she didn't particularly want to talk about past failings.

"I'm glad you came, I'm sorry I tried to capture you. They trained us to only complete the mission so I didn't even think about the fact that you risked your life for me. Sorry again about your leg." He apologised and reached lower to feel his way to her injury, her thin pants made it easier to find the bandage. He gently stroked the outside.

"We have yet to see what the outcome of our duel, if you're friends hadn't arrived I'm sure I would have come up with something to get you." He sniggered.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:25 AM   #97
SinisterSpiders
Meow

Leah "Flit" Cross

“My leg’s fine, its healing well. No hard feelings.” Flit said, breath catching in her throat as Scraps gently stroked her thigh. After their earleir encounter Flit decided that she couldn’t let this go on- it was too much for her poor body to handle.

“Regardless of whether my friends came- you had no chance. Swipe still hasn’t managed to catch me yet.” She said boisterously, slicing through the mood. “I didn’t get my name for no reason.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:35 AM   #98
DungeonsOfDread
Dungeon Master

Her acceptance of his apology was a relief, a part of him was concerned that she would always hold their first encounter as a negative memory, his intention was never to harm her directly, only to incapacitate.

"Maybe I'll get another chance if we ever train together." he teased.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:36 AM   #99
SinisterSpiders
Meow

Leah "Flit" Cross

"Oh, I look forward to it!" Flit returned with a grin. "That is if Swipe lets you go. I'm not sure if she will now she's her claws in you."

Old 11-26-2012, 03:42 AM   #100
DungeonsOfDread
Dungeon Master

Scraps didn't quite understand the claw comment, Swipe didn't have long nails that he knew of but he assumed it was underground slang of sorts.

"Today is our last training session, at least just on telekinesis. I'm certain that survival training will continue though." he recalled how Swipe's physical closeness was uncomfortable but being here with Flit now was the complete opposite. He was sure of one thing, he liked this better.