Old 12-30-2012, 10:00 PM   #326
DungeonsOfDread
Dungeon Master

"Uh no. I guess the thought never crossed my mind. Is there some kind of technology you use whilst on the surface?" he mused.

Old 12-30-2012, 10:03 PM   #327
SinisterSpiders
Meow

Leah "Flit" Cross

"Not technology like you're thinking." Flit said with a shrug. "It is an injection. They put a drug in my system which blocks the radiation of my psionic energy. How long it lasts depends on the dose. It is a great creation, but there is one problem; it only works properly on certain people. Me? I have no trouble with it, but give it to someone like Patch and they are vomiting up their stomach lining for a week. They aren't sure what the problem is with it, only that there is something in the genetics of people that it works on that keeps the side effects away."

Old 12-30-2012, 10:09 PM   #328
DungeonsOfDread
Dungeon Master

Some of the piece of the puzzle were now fitting together, although Scraps had little knowledge of genetics he was well aware of the uniqueness of each Derivate; registered or otherwise.

"I'm guessing that Hawkeye is also fine with the drug and that's why he's going up to." he asked rhetorically.

"So it doesn't look like there's any other way then. Now that I've become so much a part of this society and culture I cannot in good conscience allow you to decline their mission. It's not just about us anymore Flit, it's about our whole existence. If The Government develops this weapon on a mass scale we wont be able to stop them." he replied with resignation.

Last edited by DungeonsOfDread : 12-30-2012 at 10:12 PM.

Old 12-30-2012, 10:15 PM   #329
SinisterSpiders
Meow

Leah "Flit" Cross

Flit groaned as she leaned back against the wall.

"I know, I know." She said through gritted teeth, her anger (unlike Scraps's) not yet transformed to resignation "I understand that and considering the circumstances I don't think I can decline. I just wish I could. As much as the idea of being in Intelligence is awesome, if it means missing out on being with you it will mean nothing to me."

Flit closed her eyes and tried to calm her mind for a few moments before she spoke again.

"I just need time to adjust to the idea." She said.

Old 12-30-2012, 10:21 PM   #330
DungeonsOfDread
Dungeon Master

Now that both of them were on the same page they would just need time to get used to the idea. Scraps no longer wanted to talk about her upcoming mission or the fate of their existence he only wanted to spent what little time they had left together enjoying each other.

He pulled her into a deep kiss trying to drown away their worries with passion. She responded with equal enthusiasm and Scraps pulled them toward his bed knocking the data pad aside.

Old 12-31-2012, 07:40 AM   #331
SinisterSpiders
Meow

Leah "Flit" Cross

Flit welcomed the distraction of Scraps's body against her own, his lips working hers passionately. The third time they made love was just as wonderful as the first two. Feeling his skin pressed against hers as their bodied moved in synchrony was truly incredible. Despite the complete pleasure of it all, Flit had to focus on what was happening between them, and try to forget about the fact that it would only last for another month. After that? She didn't even want to consider it.

~*~

Flit had waited until she and her parents arrived at their house in The Hub before letting them know the news. They took it better than she had expected, but were visibly shaken by the news that their nightmares were coming true. They were so shocked, in fact, that they didn't even bother taking it out on her. Instead they looked at each other desperately and told her that they couldn't believe it was actually going to happen. They knew that she would need to fake her death on the surface, and each member of the Cross family knew that her parents mourning would only be partially false. Losing her identity in the Hub meant that she could never come back as herself, that her parents would never be able to talk about their daughter as if she was still alive.

Before Flit had gone to sleep her mother had even asked about what Scraps thought of the arrangement. Tinker was not surprised to learn that her daughter's lover was just as apprehensive about the new assignments as she was. Even though they had warned Flit against him, her parents were slowly starting to come to terms with the relationship. Even though they weren't too pleased about it, they knew it made their daughter happy and were genuinely disturbed that this new mission would get in the way of her joy.

~*~

The next day passed quickly for Flit. Now she felt as though she were living her psuedolife on borrowed time, and it was already starting to slip through her eager fingers. She had trouble concentrating on her tasks knowing that soon, her identity would be dead. She knew that she would have to fake her death and her mind raced with the possibilities.

When Flit arrived in the Underground she made her way through the labrynthine tunnels that belonged to Intelligence. When she got to the meeting room and opened the door she couldn't stop herself from rolling her eyes.

"Come in Flit. We have a lot to discuss." Shadow said with a smooth smile. Flit looked a the other occupant of the room and glared at him as he gave her a broad grin. "Did you get a chance to look at your file?"

"Nope." Flit said as she walked to the opposite side of the large round table to Hawkeye and Shadow.

"That's okay, there is nothing in there that I can't tell you myself." Shadow said, the disappointment in his tone thinly veiled. Normally that would have made Flit feel bad, but she would never feel guilty for enjoying her time with Scraps, especially as it would soon be in short supply.

Almost an hour later Shadow dismissed Flit and Scraps. Flit was to go to one of the Intelligence operatives, Trojan, and work on the details of her upcoming death. Hawkeye (much to Flit's dismay) volunteered to show her the way, as he had something to discuss with Killjoy whose office was next to Trojan's.

"So, looks like we're partners, eh?" Hawkeye said as soon as they were out of earshot of the office.

Flit ignored him.

"I'm glad we get to go up together. I don't trust anyone but myself to cover your arse." He said, oblivious to her mood. "I went on patrol with Scraps today, he doesn't seem to be taking it too well." The thinly veiled smugness in his tone set Flit on edge.

"Hawkeye?" Flit growled through gritted teeth.

"Yeah?"

"Shut the fuck up."

~*~

It turned out that Trojan was fond of Flit's plan for her death. A hover-speeder crash in the wild would be the perfect way to ensure that there was no suspicion. The flames would be enough to destroy most of "her body" and they would be able to use some remains from The Nest to fake her charred corpse. Trojan would be able to mess with the DNA test without much trouble. The next task was to set a date. Trojan had asked for two days and Flit had agreed. It was much sooner than she expected, but she guessed that it was best done before she had too much time to think about it.

After the long meeting with Trojan it was dinner time, so Flit made her way to the Mess Hall. Trojan had given her a lot of extra information as well, and now Flit had a good idea of what she was getting into. When she got to dinner and saw Scraps sitting at the table her heart fluttered, and she dreaded telling him the details of her mission.

Last edited by SinisterSpiders : 12-31-2012 at 05:23 PM.

Old 12-31-2012, 08:12 AM   #332
DungeonsOfDread
Dungeon Master

As their bodies coalesced in the heat of passion. All of their former worries and concerns seemed to wash away in a sea of blissful pleasure. With the whole evening together, Flit and Scraps took their time to explore each other fully, the contact of the naked bodies cementing the memory of each other for all time.

The next day was his first patrol during the day and without Flit, he would have felt a lot more positive about his new responsibility and position had it not been with Hawkeye. It had been a few days since they had last conversed, the incident in the dining hall left a gaping chasm between them. Hawkeye spent most of the patrol boasting about his vast knowledge of the sewer system in the zone. Scraps mostly kept to himself, all he could see were images of Hawkeye and Flit together on the surface and it made him feel slightly sick.

Hawkeye caught him not paying attention on several occasions and unlike Scraps, Hawkeye was in a particularly happy mood. Scraps knew that deep down there would be nothing to worry about with the two of them together but since they had no time frame for her mission there was always the possibility that Hawkeye and Flit may become a lot closer than intended, they were after all, already best friends.

When their patrol finished Hawkeye turned to him with a face of concern.

"Look, I know how you're feeling. That night when I found out that you and Flit were...well together, I just felt like my whole world fell apart. Like everything I'd ever cared about had been taken from me. " he began. When they crossed the threshold of the residence Hawkeye took a seat and motioned for Scraps to join him.

"I just want to let you know that I'm not going to try and take Flit from you, I've accepted that you two are together now and there's nothing I can do about it." he continued and placed a hand on Scraps's shoulder.

"Scraps, you can trust me okay. I know we haven't really spoken much since the other night but I can assure you the only thing that Flit and I will be focused on is the mission. I promise that I will look after her, I always have and I always will." Hawkeye explained, with a friendly gesture Hawkeye held his hand out to Scraps.

Scraps wasn't a mind-reader and couldn't be sure if Hawkeye was being truthful but he seemed so genuine he couldn't deny his trust. There was one thing he was certain about, if anybody was as good at looking after Flit as himself, it would be Hawkeye. With a short grunt and slight smile Scraps thanked Hawkeye and shook his hand.

Hawkeye and Scraps parted ways and Scraps returned to his room. He still needed to study the maps further as his patrols would transcend several different zones of the underground.

Later that evening Scraps headed to the Mess Hall for dinner. Acumen and the other spoke to him about the new assignment and offered him small comforts, even Swipe it seemed had gotten over their tiff and gave him a warm hug without the usual innuendo. Halfway through dinner Flit entered the room and joined them for dinner, Scraps greeted her with his usual smile and loving hug.

"How was the meeting today? I hope they weren't too angry you didn't do any study last night" he asked with a wink. Scraps had learned that making jokes even at a time like this lightened ones mood and he endeavored to do it as often as possible.

Old 01-01-2013, 05:01 AM   #333
SinisterSpiders
Meow

Leah "Flit" Cross

Flit rolled her eyes at Scraps's cheeky comment, but laughed all the same. Ever since he had begun to settle in his natural sense of humour had come out, and she noticed that he seemed to have a way of making her feel better without even really trying.

"Not really." Flit replied, sinking into her seat.

Dinner went by without incident and as they stood after their meals Flit asked if she could go back to Scraps room with him so that they could chat. It was more out of habit of being polite that she asked, because she knew he wouldn't refuse her.

When they were settled comfortable on Scraps's bed, Flit seating between his spread legs as he leant back against the wall, Flit decided that she had to share what she knew with him now. Holding information back from him wouldn't be helpful to either of them, no matter how much she wished she didn't have to tell him.

"So," Flit said slowly "I'm not really meant to talk about the mission too much, but there are some things that I can tell you... and even if I wasn't allowed to I would anyway."

There were a number of things about the mission that made it even harder for Flit to agree to go along with the assignment.

"I guess the worst part is that we don't know how long it will be. If it were just a matter of finding the blueprints for the guns and hightailing it back here it mightn't be too hard, but they want us to stay up there and have a very good snoop around before letting them know what they might have missed. After that? It is up to them to recall us. It could be a month, or a year... or longer. We just don't know."

Flit's voice turned from matter-of-fact to downright sad as she spoke. Saying the words that Shadow had spoken to her only made it more real.

Old 01-01-2013, 05:30 AM   #334
DungeonsOfDread
Dungeon Master

The reality of their situation crashed down upon him more violently than the explosion in the sewer a few nights prior. Even though he already knew that the length of time for her mission was indeterminate he still held onto a strand of hope that she would be done and dusted well before he would get the chance to miss her.

Of one thing he could be certain of was that she wouldn't have time to loiter around on the surface, the fact that The Government already had a working prototype meant they were very close to mass production. On the downside, it meant that Flit would probably have to take a lot more risks to get the information they required and if in the event she was too late, then the possibility of a sabotage mission was very likely.

Scraps strongly disliked the idea of her in such immediate danger without his assistance. He knew that Hawkeye was a skilled combatant but without an active ability, he may not be as effective. Scraps felt a nagging feeling at the back of his neck that something was wrong with the whole situation.

"Will you be able to send messages to me directly when you're up there?" he asked.

Last edited by DungeonsOfDread : 01-01-2013 at 05:38 AM.

Old 01-01-2013, 05:42 AM   #335
SinisterSpiders
Meow

Leah "Flit" Cross

Flit frowned.

"I don't think I will even be able to do that." She said, "I will be in touch with Shadow; he's asked for a check in every twenty-four hours. However, the messages will be heavily coded and may contain sensitive information. He has stressed that we have to be as discreet as possible. I am worried that if I send too many messages back and forward, The Government might pick up on it." She explained.

Old 01-02-2013, 12:34 AM   #336
DungeonsOfDread
Dungeon Master

Scraps nodded slowly. The thought of not seeing her was bad enough, but the thought of not even being able to communicate with her was even worse. He felt as if this was a pivotal turning point in their freshly new relationship and it wasn't a positive one either.

"Just promise me that you'll look after yourself Flit. I cannot bare the thought of loosing you. My life began with you and I don't want it to end." he replied sadly touching her cheek.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:55 AM   #337
SinisterSpiders
Meow

Leah "Flit" Cross

"Of course I'll look after myself." Flit said with a sense of bravado she didn't really feel, "I have no intention of letting you off the hook that easily. You're stuck with me buddy, like it or not." Flit sighed heavily and leaned back into Scraps's strong embrace.

"There is some good news at least." Flit said, trying to find light in a depressingly bleak situation. "I get to fake my death in less than thirty six hours. Goodbye Leah Cross and hello just Flit! It means that I will be down here between then and when I have to leave for the mission. It isn't much time, all things considered, but at least we will have more time to be together before..."

Flit couldn't finish the sentence, for the words were still painful to speak. She tried to be excited about what she had told him, but she had already begun to feel a little bit of loss for the life she had come to resent. Her death in The Hub would signal a snowball of change that would lead her somewhere that was still a mystery. Somewhere completely uncertain. Somewhere, perhaps, without Scraps by her side.

Old 01-02-2013, 11:08 PM   #338
DungeonsOfDread
Dungeon Master

Scraps beamed at the news of being able to spend more time together before she moved to the surface for her mission. Although he was getting used to not seeing her during the week day he always wished they could spend more time together. Hopefully even with his busy patrol scheduale and her new training they would find more quality time.

"Well I suppose, we shouldn't waste what we have." he said cheekily. With quick flicks of his wrists he used his ability to slowly unbutton her top.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:53 AM   #339
SinisterSpiders
Meow

Leah "Flit" Cross

The buttons on Flit's shirt popped open and so did her mouth.

"Scraps!" She said, surprised. She gave him a wicked grin. "Really? You, mister, are insatiable!"

Flit closed the distance between them as she shrugged off her shirt eagerly. As her lips pressed against his her hands searched eagerly for the hem of his top. When she found it she broke their kiss so that she could pull it over his head and toss it across the room. The next item of clothing to join the pile was her bra.

Flit's breathing was heavy as she straddled her Lover's lap eagerly. She had to stop herself from thinking about what it would be like to say goodbye to him, and take his advice and focus on the present. It was easy to do when his rigid member was pressing up against her so deliciously.

"We don't have long." Flit muttered reluctantly, pulling her lips away from his barely enough to allow her to talk. "But seeing as you are such a quick learner," she pecked his lips "and oh so enthusiastic, I thought we could try something new... do you want to give it a go?" Flit asked with a grin.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:10 AM   #340
DungeonsOfDread
Dungeon Master

Scraps was pleased the Flit was in good enough mood to forget about their previous topic of discussion. He especially enjoyed the way she discarded the remainder of her clothing with such careless ease.

"Try something new ah? Sure why not? " he responded by using his ability to mimic the shape of hands and caress her supple breasts. Ever since his control chip had been removed he gained a greater amount of precision with telekinesis.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:49 AM   #341
SinisterSpiders
Meow

Leah "Flit" Cross

Flit moaned through slightly parted lips as a ghost force caressed her breasts gently. Her eyes locked with Scraps's and she felt desire pooling between her legs. Hating the fact that she had to move she slid off his bed and kicked off her shoes before carefully peeling her pants and underwear down her legs eagerly.

"Lose the clothes, I want you naked." She said before climbing back on the bed. She gave Scraps a wicked smile before she turned away from him, getting on her hands and knees and throwing him a suggestive look over her shoulder. "Stay on your knees and enter me from behind. I think you'll like this one." She said with a wink.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:31 AM   #342
DungeonsOfDread
Dungeon Master

The combination of Flit's sultry commands and the sight of her bent over, presenting herself so openly perked Scraps's arousal strongly, so much in fact that he nearly lost himself right then and there. Not wanting to disappoint her he stepped back and stood up, he swiftly discarded the remainder of his clothing.

Scraps took his swollen member in hand and approached Flit slowly, he stroked himself as he moved ensuring that he attained his maximum firmness. Slowly he sunk to his knees and placed the his tip right at her entrance, the welcoming moist tightness engulfed him and he hummed a small grunt of satisfaction. Normally he would take his time to fully enter her but in his desperation he was unable to hold back and thrust into her awaiting center with a mighty force.

The feeling of breaking through her initially constricting passage sent a wave of pleasure all the way from his manhood throughout his body and caused his nails to dig into her sides.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:56 AM   #343
SinisterSpiders
Meow

Leah "Flit" Cross

Having Scraps slam into her from behind was pleasurable enough without his fingers digging into her sides and letting her know just how good it felt for him. It seemed as though the first thrust shocked him a little, his body tensed inside and behind her and she smile as her fingers clawed at the sheets. Her desire thrummed through her body and she ground her hips against him suggestively, desperate for more.

When Scraps complied with her carnal suggestion she moved one hand down to her womanhood and pressed a finger against her clit. She waited for a few minutes, until Scraps had built a regular pace, before she begun to stroke herself. With the slightest movement of her fingers her inner channel contracted around Scraps and she cried out.

Old 01-09-2013, 06:18 AM   #344
DungeonsOfDread
Dungeon Master

As Scraps managed to find a suitable rhythm he was better able to admire the view from his vantage point. The sight of her curvaceous body below and in front of him was completely at the mercy of his continued onslaught. That was until she decided to up the ante.

Flit reached between her legs and began massaging her sweet spot, the effect was overwhelming. She tightened around him in small yet enticing waves, each one brought him closer and closer to his climax. Scraps held strong and even had to slow his thrusts to keep himself from a premature release.

When he felt that his body couldn't hold on any longer she screamed out with pleasure, her small squeezes transformed into a vice like grip as she reached her peak. Scraps exploded deep within her simultaneously and increased the strength and speed of his work, driving into her with wild abandon.

When his final seed had been spent, his body slumped over in exhaustion. He felt his once glorious member slowly soften inside her as his heart raced within his heaving chest.

Last edited by DungeonsOfDread : 01-09-2013 at 06:23 AM.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:03 AM   #345
SinisterSpiders
Meow

Leah "Flit" Cross

Scraps exploded deep within her just as her orgasm went super nova, sending bone-shaking pleasure shooting through her entire body. Flit's fingers and toes went numb and curled as she threw her head back and cried out her pleasure. She could feel Scraps's member pulsing eagerly inside her, filling her with his hot seed and making her cry out all the louder for it.

When Scraps collapsed against her back she relished the feeling of his hot skin against hers as he softened inside of her. She waited for a few minutes before carefully shifting so that she was on her back and he fell down against her body. She kissed him softly, closing her eyes and focusing on how wonderful he tasted. Flit broke the kiss with a long sign and pulled her face back from his.

"I have to go now." She said, "I have to go and tell Mum and Dad about the speeder crash."

Flit jumped out from under Scraps and threw him a cheeky grin as she bent over and gathered her discarded clothing, making sure he got a good chance to look at her naked body as she did so. She pulled her clothes on quickly, making sure to comb her fingers through her hair so that she looked mildly presentable before she leant over and brushed a light kiss over his Government marked forehead.

"Love you. See you tomorrow." She said before heading out of the sanctuary of his room and into the tunnels beyond, trying hard not to think that the amount of times she had left to do this would no be in double digits.

~*~

The reflective glass surfaces of the tall buildings of The Hub passed in a blur of light and shadows as the speeder passed them. The air inside the speeder was cool, the climate control set to help cool Flit's nerves and ensure that she remained calm. She had been in the hovercraft for around half an hour and was only now journeying out towards the outer reaches of The Hub. The buildings were not as tall here, and the streets and airways were mostly free of congestion.

To Flit, it felt as though the past two days had gone by faster than the speeder. Everything she did, she had done like she was on borrowed time. She knew that her death was going to be fake, but there were some serious ramifications that had surrounded it. Perhaps the most saddening was that her parent's mourning wouldn't entirely be in vain. They knew that their daughter would survive the crash; they had no doubt that she would be able to make the jump. They did, however, know that her mission is what would take her away from them.

Something else that had made this whole experience very real to Flit was the knowledge that she wouldn't see her co-workers again. Even though she and her parents had lived quite a compartmentalized life, she still held some of her co workers in high esteem. Knowing that she wouldn't be able to see them again, and not being able to say farewell, wasn't a very nice feeling.

"Flit, you hear me?" Trojan's voice pierced through her thoughts thanks to the earpiece she was wearing and she jumped out of the pilot's seat.

"Yup." She said.

"Good. You will reach jump point in twenty seconds. Nineteen. Eighteen. Seventeen."

The countdown continued in her mind as she made her way over to one of the large windows on the side of her speeder. The buildings had given way to sparsely distributed trees and patches of shrubs when she had gotten lost in her thoughts. The speeder continued to follow it's pre-set path. A path that would see it crash into the side of a hill.

Sixteen. Fifteen. Fourteen. Thirteen. Twelve.

Flit looked out of the window and she could see the rock formation approaching quickly. The concentrated on the spot and tried to think of nothing other than Trojan's voice in her mind as she took slow, deep breaths.

Eleven. Ten. Nine. Eight. Seven.

The rocks were clearly visible now. She could see the patch of grass in front of them and focused on that instead. Her swift reconnaissance of that area the previous evening had told her that the spot she now focused on was the safest to jump to. About a meter in front of the rock formation and free of branches and debris. It was as safe a spot as it got for this sort of jump.

Six. Five. Four. Three. Two.

One.

Flit felt her feet land on the spongy grass and a split second later she hear a loud crash as the speeder impacted with the nearby hill. She turned quickly, watching as a mushroom cloud of smoke and fire billowed out of the catastrophic collision site.

The next thing that she heard were several pairs of footsteps, her heart leapt into her throat as she turned, but relief washed over her.

"Trojan. Shadow." Flit said, her mind still trying to comprehend what had just happened.

"You look great for someone who just died. What's your secret?" Trojan asked her with a grin. Flit laughed and felt some of her nerves slowly begin to fade.

"Let's get you back Underground." Shadow said, looking at the speeder which was now lodged in the hillside and engulfed in hungry flames. "Your parents are so nervous that I'm worried that they'll give themselves heart attacks." Shadow said.

Flit nodded in acknowledgement and watched as Trojan stepped behind Shadow and wrapped his arms around the taller man's waist. Had she not been a teleporter Flit would have been puzzled by the move, but in the next instant Shadow proved to be as graceful and elusive as his namesake as he filtered out of existence in one spot and faded into one about thirty meters away.

Flit had no trouble keeping up with Shadow as they made their across the land and then descended into the tunnels. They had gone over the escape route the previous night when they had checked out the site so none of it was new to Flit. As she descended deep into the bowels of the Underground the fact that she no longer had to return to her duplicitous life finally dawned on her. Despite her misgivings, a smile crept onto her face.

Shadow and Trojan stopped their journey at the entrance to the nest of tunnels that belonged to Intelligence. They both favoured her with smiles and nods as they said their official welcome to their team. Shadow then told Flit that she had better go and see her parents before they caused a medical emergency. Funnily enough, Flit had been eager to comply. So it was that, when she arrived at the door to her mother's medical bay, she found herself biting her lip with anticipation. The moment the door opened to reveal her parents she launched herself at them, wrapping an arm around each of their necks and taking comfort in the solidness of their bodies.

"Leah, you're alright!" Her mother said breathlessly, her arms tightening around Flit.

"Of course I am." Flit said, pulling herself out of the embrace and crossing her arms over her chest. "The jump was easy. It was the waiting that damn near killed me." She said matter-of-factly. "Now, can we please get something to eat? I'm starving?"

For the past fourteen years Flit had been having an early dinner with her friends in the Underground and her parents had taken their meals in their apartment in The Hub. The previous evening her parents had expressed their desire to spend time with her before she left for her mission, and they had agreed that having meals as a family would be a good place to start. Even though there were still some contentious issues between them, Flit's parents seemed to have calmed down of late. Flit wasn't sure whether they had finally realised that she was a grown woman now and could call her own shots, or whether they were tired of arguing. Either way, Flit wasn't about to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:52 PM   #346
DungeonsOfDread
Dungeon Master

The amorous high of their passionate coupling was suddenly replaced by a deep melancholy low. It seemed the distraction of sex was only a temporary solution to the loneliness of their separation. Scraps observed as Flit slowly moved around the room to pick up the remainder of her clothing, he tried to memorize every line and curve, every single detail lest he never saw them again.

No.

He would not allow himself to think that way, the thought of not seeing her again in any way was too great for him to bare.

"I love you too." He replied to her with false happiness.

The next two days went by painfully slow. He and Hawkeye had come to a silent agreement not to talk about the upcoming mission on the surface and instead focused on their patrols. He couldn't help but notice the way Hawkeye happiness was inversely proportional to his own despair.

Their patrol for today took them into the lower levels beneath the Residence. They were very close to the sections of his orienteering exercise and so he felt relatively comfortable. Hawkeye's voice echoed in the dank sewer tunnels as he recalled a prank he played on Acumen.

"You'd think that a mind reader would be able to tell she was playing him for a fool but I suppose we were a bit younger then and Acumen hadn't been laid in a good long while. Boy, you should have seen the look on his face when we dumped the soup all over his clean shirt. I laughed so hard my sides hurt." Hawkeye reminisced. Scraps couldn't help but smile, the thought of Acumen, who seemed so in sure of himself all the time in that situation would have been highly amusing.

"Poor Acumen, I really felt for the guy. I apologised of course but to this day I don't think he ever forgave me. I guess even for the best of us, things can turn to shit pretty quickly ah?" Hawkeye commented. Suddenly Scraps was reminded of the recent turn of events in his own life.

"No matter how hard we try, it seems some things are just out of our control." Scraps commiserated. Hawkeye noticed and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Nothing will happen to her, okay. You have my word, I will put myself in harms way to make sure she comes back safe to ya." Hawkeye said honestly. Scraps looked at him directly, it was the first time he felt sorry for him. He realised then and there that although Hawkeye was the one going with Flit he could now see the sadness in his eyes. Flit would never be anything more than a friend to Hawkeye and he knew it, everyday on the surface with her would be as torturous to Hawkeye as everyday away from her was to Scraps.

"Thank you Hawkeye, I know you would. Just make sure the both of you make it back." Scraps replied. Hawkeye nodded with understanding. They continued their patrol each with a greater respect for one another.

They continued on their designated route with Hawkeye in the lead, suddenly he stopped and turned around. His eyes were wide with fear and before Scraps could ask him, Hawkeye pushed him back forcefully sending him crashing to the ground. A nearby explosion rocketed the tunnel walls and the floor beneath Hawkeye gave way, he disapeared into the abyss below and Scraps quickly got up to investigate. Scraps peered over the edge of the newly formed gap in the tunnel floor, the lighting below was insufficient and he was unable to see Hawkeye.

"Hawkeye! are you okay?" Scraps yelled. He heard a soft groan from below followed by a cough.

"Hey Scraps, you have to get out of here; a leaky gas pipe in the tunnel next to us exploded, this whole area is unstable." he explained with difficulty. As if to verify his claims more of the floor below Scraps broke apart, he quickly shifted back to avoid falling in. Scraps heard a louder groan from below and surmised that the rubble had most likely collapsed on Hawkeye's position again.

"Are you still there Hawkeye?" Scraps called down again. With no response he became increasingly concerned. Normally in this situation he was required to find a shelter and report back for aid. Unfortunately the nearest shelter could not be reached with the collapse of the tunnel and so Scraps would need another option.

Scraps unclipped the emergency climbing gear from his backpack and set himself up. With careful deliberation he lowered himself into the pit, as the light faded, Scraps quickly lit up a glow stick to better see his surroundings. Hawkeye had fallen into a natural chasm the rocky walls of the cave were slick with sewer water and the ground below seemed to be made up of hardened dirt. When Scraps landed himself on solid ground he searched about for his companion.

He spied the limp form of Hawkeye buried under a mass of rubble near the edge of the cave, Scraps quickly ran over to him to assess the situation. Most of Hawkeye's upper half was unburried but he sported a long gash across his forehead and his clothes were torn in several different places. Scraps placed two fingers to the side of his neck to check for his pulse. He felt the faint beat of blood flow and breathed out a sigh of relief. Hawkeye awoke upon feeling his touch.

"What are you doing? you have to get out of here, this whole place is going to cave in." Hawkeye weakly commanded.

"I'm not leaving you here."Scraps replied with a strong resolve. Just then, more of the tunnel above collapsed down upon them. Scraps used his ability to quickly deflect all of the falling debris keeping it away from himself and Hawkeye.

"Just leave me Scraps, its hopeless." Hawkeye groaned with pain.

"No. You told me you would give your life to save Flit. I believe you, I wont let you die here Hawkeye. Now are you going to fight or give up?" Scraps replied. Hawkeye nodded and tried to move some of the rubble of his legs, the action caused him significant pain and he nearly fainted with the strain.

"Don't worry, I'll take care of that. You just stay awake for me okay?" Scraps encouraged him. He used his ability to deftly remove each stone one by one off Hawkeye's broken body, he was worried that if he tried to move too much too quickly it would make things worse. Sweat beaded on Scraps's forehead whilst he worked, the strain of keeping the falling debris above them away and removing the rubble off his friend was taking its toll. In his exhaustion Scraps also received several solid blows on his back and shoulders whilst trying to keep Hawkeye safe. His painstaking work paid off and he managed to free Hawkeye from his rocky prison.

"Can you stand?" Scraps asked him gingerly. Hawkeye leaned forward but screamed out in pain when he tried to add weight to his legs.

"Stop, its okay. I'll carry you." Scraps commanded. Carefully he lifted him onto his shoulders with aid of his telekinetic abilities Scraps dragged Hawkeye away from the danger zone and deeper into the cave. Before he continued Scraps cracked another glow stick to illuminate the area ahead.

"We can't go back up buddy and I'm not sure where this leads. Just hold on and well be fine." Scraps reassured him. Hawkeye closed his eyes briefly then opened them quickly.

"I can see were we are, I'll guide us to a nearby tunnel. You'll have to break through the wall when we get there but I'll tell you how." Hawkeye responded, all despair from his voice was gone. The determination in his eyes coupled with the renewed confidence in his voice guided them through the dark dank cavern.

After a slow and painful journey the pair finally made it, they stood in front of a man-made wall that made up one side of the cave.

"You have to use your ability break through here, any explosives may cause the whole thing to fall down on us." Hawkeye directed him to a specific portion of the wall. Using a precision guided push Scraps opened a gap in the wall allowing them to enter through. Hawkeye lost consciousness as soon as he broke through, luckily Scraps recognised the tunnel and hauled the two of them through the tunnel system toward the Residence.

By the time they arrived at the gate Scraps had used almost all of his remaining energy. He barely managed to complete the security check system before the two of them collapsed at the entrance. The last thing Scraps remembered was a group of people rushing toward them before he blacked out.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:12 PM   #347
SinisterSpiders
Meow

Leah "Flit" Cross

Flit and her parents were nearing the end of their meal when the door to the Mess Hall flung open loudly. Flit looked up, mouth full of rice and meat, and saw Patch looking around wildly. For a moment she felt sorry for whoever he was trying to locate; when someone from the Health team burst into a room with an expression like that it meant trouble.

Patch's eyes found Flits and the look that he gave her made her entire body turn to ice. Her sense of pity for whoever it was that he was looking for suddenly drained away, to be replaced by an all-consuming concern.

"Flit, Tinker, we need you both." Patch said over the eerie silence in the room. Flit didn't need telling twice. With a difficult gulp she swallowed her food and teleported across the room to stand beside him.

"Scraps?" She asked quickly. Patch nodded gravely.

"And Hawkeye." He confirmed. Flit had to cover her mouth as it fell open in dismay.

"Where?"

"Ward C." Flit could vaguely hear the sound of her mother's rushed footsteps as she bolted across the room.

"Thanks." Flit said to Patch. As soon as her mother stood beside her, Flit wrapped her arms around her. "Hold tight." She said.

In a matter of minutes Flit completed the last jump that put her and her mother just outside the door to Ward C. Flit let go of her mother and pushed the door open, the bright lights from within the sterile smelling room dazzling her for a a moment and making her reflexively close her eyes. When she opened them again she saw both Scraps and Hawkeye passed out on adjacent beds, both looking worse for wear. Between them stood Hack, one of the more talented microkinetic healers. Flit's next teleport set her down between the two beds and directly beside Hack.

"What happened?" Flit asked, her voice coming out as a choked half sob. She reached out and cupped Scraps's cheek, looking at him for any sign of how bad he was. His chest was rising and falling steadily, and his skin was warm against her.

"They turned up at the gate to the residence. Scraps was carrying Hawkeye. As soon as he saw Patch he just collapsed. Judging by Hawkeye's injury we think that a tunnel has collapsed, but we need to wait for them to wake before we can confirm this." Hack said, his fingers tapping away at the screen of the handheld device he was holding.

"Hakweye's injuries?" Flit's body went rigid as she moved her hand of Scraps's warm cheek and turned to her oldest friend. Now that she looked at him, really looked, he looked much worse off than Scraps. His skin had paled significantly and taken on a sickly green tinge, and even passed out, his eyes were tightly scrunched as if in terrible pain.

"His legs were crushed from the upper thighs all the way down. Almost completely shattered." Hack explained. Flit stepped past him and put a hand on Hawkeye's slightly shaking shoulder. She moved her hand to the sheet that was pulled up to his chest, but she felt a hand cover hers.

"Not a good idea." Hack said softly "It's a mess down there. Not something you need to see."

"Will he be allright?" Flit asked, looking at Hack over her shoulder, and trying to shake herself out of the consuming shock she felt.

"He will live, but the real question is if he will walk. His injuries will take a long time to heal, and even longer for him to get back to the way he was before. If he can."

A tear rolled down Flit's cheek as she pictured the Hawkeye she knew in her mind and compared him to this unconscious creature on the bed. He looked so sullen, so lifeless, as he just lay there. More like a shadow of himself rather than the actual Hawkeye.

"And Scraps?" Flit asked, her hand reluctantly sliding from Hawkeye's shoulder as she turned around and looked at her Lover.

"He'll be fine in no time." Hack said. Flit couldn't help but let out a sigh of relief. "He has some scratching and bruising, but nothing major. What has knocked him out is that he over exerted himself- whatever happened to them down there, coupled with the fact he carried Hawk back, really took it out of him. He is probably lucky that his abilities didn't backfire on him.

Flit nodded as she reached down and took Scraps's limp hand in her own. She looked back and saw her mother smile at her sadly as she gently pushed a stool against her. Flit fell into it gratefully and rested her head on Scraps's bed, her eyes schooled on him for the first hint of any change in his condition. As she did she was vaguely aware of the low buzz of a hushed conversation behind her as her mother took stock of Hawkeye's injuries. Flit knew that she should pay attention, but the shock of seeing two of the three men she loved the most on hospital beds had taken its toll. So, instead, she continued to memorise the handsome features of Scraps's face and tried not to think about what the injuries would mean for Hawkeye.

Last edited by SinisterSpiders : 01-14-2013 at 04:38 AM.

Old 01-14-2013, 05:52 AM   #348
DungeonsOfDread
Dungeon Master

Images and voices flashed in Scraps's mind, his body felt like a dead weight; unmoving, unresponsive.

Slowly awareness crept back into him, the first thought that hit him was the intense pain he felt all over. It felt like a million needles were pricking at his skin whilst a large metallic hammer pummeled his head relentlessly. The pain from his physical injuries paled in comparison but their dull thud against his skin was still uncomfortably present. He knew that the majority of his pain was due to the over exertion of his abilities, it was the downside of being a Derivate. Without the training he received from his underground companions he would not have survived the ordeal.

He opened his eyes gingerly and the light of the room blared painfully in. He turned his head slightly to see Flit sitting next to him.

"Flit? Where am I? Where is Hawkeye?" his voice croaked with strain.

Old 01-14-2013, 06:01 AM   #349
SinisterSpiders
Meow

Leah "Flit" Cross

Flit's eyes were drooping heavily and she was struggling to stay upright. After the initial shock had worn off her mother had taken her aside and given her a more detailed and technical run down of Hawkeye's and Scraps's condition. For Scraps everything looked good; he was recovering well already, and once he woke it would be a simple matter of keeping an eye on him for a couple of days. Hawkeye, however, was a different story. Her Mother had confirmed what Hack had told her, it would be lucky if Hawkeye would be able to walk after his legs healed. Both Hack and Tinker believed that his legs could be saved, but neither was willing to make a commitment as to how well they would function.

Her mother had kissed her on the forehead softly before she left, and Flit had resumed her position between Scraps and Hawkeye. Hack had told her to go and get some sleep three times before he decided to give up, Flit refused to leave. She wanted to be there when one or both of them woke. So it was, that four hours after she had found them in the ward, Scraps began to stir and Flit's droopy eyes snapped open, zeroing in on him hopefully. The sound of his voice sent a soft pulse of relief through her system. He was awake, now he should be fine.

"Flit? Where am I? Where is Hawkeye?"

"You're fine." Flit said in a hushed tone. "You're in one of the wards in the Residence and Hawkeye is just over there." She pointed to the unconscious Hawkeye.

Old 01-14-2013, 06:50 PM   #350
DungeonsOfDread
Dungeon Master

After hearing Flit's voice a massive relief washed over him. Hawkeye had spent the last part of their journey unconscious. Scraps wasn't a doctor and had no idea what his friend's condition was. He sat up slightly and leaned forward, the pain cause him to groan loudly but he needed to see for himself. Sure enough on the bed next to his lay Hawkeye.

The bright illumination of the hospital ward revealed how bad his injuries truly were. His exposed upper body were covered in bandages and his skin was sickly pale, only the rise and fall of his chest presented signs of life.

"Flit, I'm so sorry I tried to get him out as fast as I could but....how is he?" Scraps asked with concern.