Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Editor's Forum

Old 01-03-2016, 08:21 PM   #1
_Lynn_
Literotica Guru

A reminder for those who edit

I understand Lit can be confusing to newcomers. However, I would like to point out two sections with submission guidelines, especially to those who volunteer to edit but list certain stories they will not do.

From here: No sexual activity involving bestiality (you can write stories about supernatural beasts like ghosts, unicorns, werewolves, etc.) or underage persons will be considered. For the purposes of this site, the minimum legal age is 18. This site does not publish stories, articles, essays, or other material supporting, encouraging, or defending child abuse and/or exploitation.

And here: Your story was too extreme for our guidelines. These judgments are subjective, and thus we can't give an exact definition of what exactly is "too much". Certain "violence" in a BDSM situation between consenting adults may be allowed, while the same "violence" between strangers in a non-consentual situation will not. Tone and respect for characters, as well as the "violent" scene within the context of the story, are what we make our judgments upon. If your story is rejected for this, feel free to send the story back with a polite request for an explanation and we will tell you why it was rejected. If you disagree with our assessment, you are more than welcome to publish your story elsewhere rather than alter it to our guidelines. We respect your rights as authors to write on whatever you like, however you like.

Added by Laurel for clarification: While we do accept submissions with graphic violence, we don't accept "snuff" - i.e. death & extreme torture with the aim of sexual titillation. We generally do not accept submissions of nonconsensual sex in which the "victim" gets absolutely no sort of thrill or enjoyment from the acts, or is seriously and /or permanently physically harmed/abused.

Smashwords
. . .
A Little Girl's Legacy ~ by JaeLynn Topper
Pay It Forward ~ by JaeLynn Topper

My Page
FAWC 2 Winner

Kink Bingo
Romance Bingo