Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > How To...

Old 11-06-2012, 07:35 AM   #1
erotica_n_s
Really Experienced

Free access to "Archives of Sexual Behaviour" (scientific journal) until 30-Nov-12

So yes, that's right, the Archives of Sexual Behaviour, published by Springer, is available free-of-cost online for a limited period, until the 30th of November 2012.

If, like me, you're interested in scientific research into human sexuality, you might be interested in reading up papers published in this journal.

Here's the link.

To be fair, most of the really interesting papers seem to get published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine, however they aren't offering free access. I've been intending to subscribe to the Journal of Sexual Medicine, unfortunately it's way too expensive :-(.

As a writer, I like to try and do my research. In the absence of personal sexual experience, this kind of data-gathering seems to be the best alternative I have.

They are all "vanilla" stories, with the female protagonists being from India.

I don't expect I'm ever going to find the time to develop the ideas into fully written stories, so I'd be grateful if anyone would like to do that (i.e. develop the ideas into fully-written stories).

Most of the female protagonists in my stories are based on women I've been attracted to in real life... female friends, female acquaintances, female colleagues, etc.

If I could get them to read my stories, and if they felt GENUINELY flattered, or even sexually aroused, then I've succeeded as a writer.

Do visit my blog, folks... (Actually, I haven't updated my blog in a loooooooong time... and it's almost certainly going to a long time yet before I get round to doing so... but you're still welcome to visit my blog)...

Old 11-08-2012, 06:02 PM   #2
haurni
Literotica Guru

Thanks for the link!

Old 11-10-2012, 03:40 PM   #3
BongoGal
Invisible exhibitionist

Thanks!

Old 11-13-2012, 02:03 PM   #4
KWAL
Experienced

Thanks good lookin out.
I love the person who can smile in trouble, gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection. Tis the business of little minds to shrink: but those whose heart is firm and whose conscience approves their conduct will pursue their pricables unto death. - A Thomas Paine quote reworded to include both sexes.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:01 PM   #5
FavoriteDream125
Virgin

Thumbs up Hi

Thank you for sharing this link. Please, if you find any thing else useful like that, the community will be grateful.

Thanks again.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:58 PM   #6
MatthewVett
Jahansuz

I'm going through their archives and seeing what I can find. Already, I've noticed a few regarding erotica.

Old 11-14-2012, 06:29 PM   #7
erotica_n_s
Really Experienced

Okay, bear in mind this is only available for the next couple of weeks or so.

My suggestion would be, if you find any papers that you might like to discuss later, then download the paper, and also suggest it here so that the rest of us might also download the paper(s), and discuss it in the days/weeks/months to come.

As an example:

"Evidence to Suggest that Copulatory Vocalizations in Women Are Not a Reflexive Consequence of Orgasm"

Now I think that's an interesting paper, maybe we can discuss it some time. Ideally, those of you who might be interested in joining/participating in the discussion should download that paper while it's available for free! Then, over the coming days/weeks/months, we can discuss the data...

If I'm honest, though, this isn't quite how I intended to do it... I was hoping to write and publish some erotic fiction first, before I got round to formally discussing sex research... but hey...

They are all "vanilla" stories, with the female protagonists being from India.

I don't expect I'm ever going to find the time to develop the ideas into fully written stories, so I'd be grateful if anyone would like to do that (i.e. develop the ideas into fully-written stories).

Most of the female protagonists in my stories are based on women I've been attracted to in real life... female friends, female acquaintances, female colleagues, etc.

If I could get them to read my stories, and if they felt GENUINELY flattered, or even sexually aroused, then I've succeeded as a writer.

Do visit my blog, folks... (Actually, I haven't updated my blog in a loooooooong time... and it's almost certainly going to a long time yet before I get round to doing so... but you're still welcome to visit my blog)...

Old 11-15-2012, 10:30 AM   #8
MatthewVett
Jahansuz

I liked How (Un)Important Is Penis Size for Women with Heterosexual Experience?

It looked at a survey of Croatian women, and found a few general trends.

Penile girth is more important than length.
Penis size is more important to more experienced women.
Penis size is more important to young women.

Now I know what sort of cocks to give future characters...

Old 11-15-2012, 10:32 AM   #9
MatthewVett
Jahansuz

Would anyone like to set up a "book club" thread for people who've read a specific article to discuss the papers? I'd be interested.