Old 11-06-2017, 03:41 PM   #1
EroticLiteracy
Literotica Guru

Modern Romance

Today was the day

He got up early the excitement of the event proving to much to bear. The last week was spent preparing for it from buying new clothes to getting a much needed haircut. Even after the preparations Richard once more ran through everything as he paced his small bedroom.

His phone was cradled in his large hand his nimble finger scrolling through the multitude of messages between he and the woman he met online. Two months worth of messages that was finally culminating in a meeting tonight.

A knocking on his door stopped him mid pace.

"Dick I can hear you pacing from the living room" His roommate Thomas shouted "Its just a date"

"Just a date" Richard murmured shaking his head and moving over to the mirror he had attached to his closet.

He eyed himself taking stock of his short brown hair, bright blue eyes, and pointed chin. He poked his belly checking his gut and tan skin as he stood there in his boxers. He probably was overly freaking out about the date but it was only because after so long talking he really liked her and didn't want to mess it up.

They met on a dating website. He joined as a way of putting himself out there and combating the social anxiety he was diagnosed with at a young age. He was never going to be the type to meet an attractive girl in person and facilitate a date that way. Hell even large crowds in the super market still tended to freak him out!

It was worse when he was a kid. Bad enough his parents had to go from being city lovers to enjoying small town living. He grew up in the suburbs of New York enjoying the fresh air and forests and keeping to himself.

It wasn't until his parents finally got sick of it and found him a new psychiatrist that things began to change for Dick. she helped him deal with his anxiety to refine and use it for his hobbies and love of photography. He began to take pictures of people surrounding his wall with them and using them as a tool.

His parents were surprised when he elected to go back to the city that once drove him away for college. It was a hard battle one with its share of loses and wins. Eventually however he made it work and even excelled in college.

And now this was the next step.

"I hope your ready" Dick said fixing the mirror with a steely resolve "Cause I sure as hell am!"

Old 11-06-2017, 05:12 PM   #2
WildMagik
Experienced

Andrea looked at herself in the mirror one last time. Her small frame looked good in the dark jeans and long sleeved burgundy shirt that hugged her curves, the slight heel on her boots raising her stature to all of 5'1". Slipping the dark coat along her shoulders, she settled her long curls over it and fixed the glasses that framed her rich chocolate eyes. Grabbing her purse, she almost forgot to reach for the teal- colored scarf that would identify her out of the other people in the restaurant for him.

Anxious, she fussed and bit her lip all throughout her train ride. Would he like her? Would he think she was too short? Too geeky looking? Too simple? Too curvy? Too-

Take a breath, she chastised herself, calming some once she finally arrived at the restaurant they had agreed to. She still couldn't believe they had finally decided to meet. Richard had been just letters on her screen for two months now. Admittedly, those words tended to make her feel more connected to whomever was sending them than to the people she interacted with almost daily.

Sitting at a table by a big window, Andy decided to order herself a hot cup of tea while she waited. Draping her coat over the back of the seat, she bunched her long hair over a shoulder, allowing the untied scarf to be visible from the entrance.

Let's see what happens.

Old 11-06-2017, 05:19 PM   #3
EroticLiteracy
Literotica Guru

"Andrea?"

Dick was standing behind her his eyes wide as he took her in. After having talked for so long and exchanging a few pictures he could not believe they were meeting in the flesh! His eyes traveled up and down her form taking her in once more and coming to the conclusion she was just as pretty as she was in her pictures.

"Its me" He said even though he knew she would be able to tell "Its such a pleasure to meet you!"

He stepped forward wanting to shake her hand bust instead bumping the table and jostling her.

"Shoot" He said reaching out with one big hand to grab the table and keep it from spilling onto her "Ugh guess I put my clumsy shoes on today!"

Old 11-06-2017, 05:38 PM   #4
WildMagik
Experienced

"Andrea?"

The voice that called to her was a rich tone, one that made her shiver. Looking up into the blue eyes that greeted her, she couldn't help but smile shyly. Her eyes took him in, just as he was doing to her at the moment, and she silently agreed with her previous assessment. He was cute. The table bumping against her side caught her by surprise, but she recovered quickly, a hand holding her mug of tea safe.

"Thats alright. I'm clumsy too, as you well know," she replied with a laugh, referring to one of the many times they had been chatting and she had mentioned bumping into something or other. Placing her hand in the offered one, she shook it lightly, feeling slightly awkward "It's nice to finally meet you too, SG."

Offering him a seat and reclaiming her own, she bit her lip. And now the usual awkward silence while they both decided what to talk about. Why had it been so easy to strike up a conversation when they were typing, but not here?

Old 11-06-2017, 05:57 PM   #5
EroticLiteracy
Literotica Guru

"The pleasure is all mine" He said smiling back at her warmly and moving to take his seat. He sat across from her opening his mouth to speak and found himself cut off by the waitress who rushed to get their drink order.

"Uh a beer" Dick said to the waitress "and a water please"

Dick waited for Andrea to give her order and took the time to study her. He found her to be even more striking in person possessing a alluring bueaty that kept drawing his eyes.

"I'm so glad we're doing this" He said reaching out to take her hand "Its a little awkward but getting to see and touch you beats a computer screen any day of the week"

Old 11-06-2017, 06:13 PM   #6
WildMagik
Experienced

The young girl had been about to speak when she was interrupted by the waitress. Waiting for him to make his order, she ordered them bread sticks for an appetizer and ordered herself a glass of white wine and water. Tucking her hair behind her ear in an unconscious gesture, she returned her eyes to the man in front of her. His touch startled her for a second before she relaxed, her hand turning slightly to runs her fingertips along the side of his.

"I'm glad we are too," she replied with a smile, finally relaxing in her seat "You're taller than I imagined."

Andy blushed at the words, and looked down at the table while avoiding his gaze. Great, now I sound like a spaz, she thought with an inward groan. Scrambling to change the subject, she remembered the flyer she saw inside the train that had caught her eye.

"Saw there's a carnival close by. We could swing there after dinner, if you like."

Old 11-06-2017, 06:17 PM   #7
EroticLiteracy
Literotica Guru

"I am" He said beaming a bit at that and puffing his chest out "Well you always did say you wanted a man taller than you!"

She mentioned the carnival and he hesitated. A carnival meant a bunch of people and the danger of them pressing close to him. He wasnt a big a fan of that idea but did like the idea of getting to talk to her and maybe even win her a big stuffed animal of some kind.

"That sounds good" He said as the breadsticks came and he took them.

"did you find the restaurant all right?" He asked her as he munched on a breadsticks.

Old 11-06-2017, 06:47 PM   #8
WildMagik
Experienced

"Well you always did say you wanted a man taller than you!"

Andrea chuckled and ran a slightly nervous hand through her hair, "I did mention that, yeah."

She had picked up on his hesitation at the mention of the carnival before she remembered the reason behind it. Stupid, how could I forget that? Shrugging lightly at his reply, she shook her head, "We can see if from the other side of the river. No need to go deep into the crowds if we can help it."

"I found it ok. It was closer than I thought, so I just took a train." she replied while grabbing a breadstick for herself. Dumping it in the cheesy sauce that came with them, she took a bite and made a soft sound. It was delicious.

Old 11-06-2017, 07:15 PM   #9
EroticLiteracy
Literotica Guru

"Theres no reason we cant" Dick said his voice rushing out as he noticed the disappointment in her eyes.

He noticed a few of the patron starring at his sudden outburst and made a point to quiet his voice before continuing.

"I dont see why we can go as long as its for a little bit" He siad watching her as she ate "It would give me the chance to test myself and I can go ahead and win you a big stuffed bear"

He smiled at the thought and settled back as their main course came.

"I dont even know what to talk about!" He said chuckling softly "how many long nights have we spent talking and chatting into the night? What do we even talk about now!"