Trick or Treat!
This is one of the biggest Special Contests of the year. The competition may be fierce! Write a shockingly original, frighteningly hot and readers may just choose your story as one of the three cash prize winners!
-->If you'd like to participate in this contest, please read this entire post. If you don't read the whole thing, you may miss out on important rules and your story may not be eligible for the contest!<--
You can begin submitting on (or a little before): October 1
The last day to submit is: October 22
Winners will be announced on: October 29
This contest will coexist with the usual monthly contest. Stories may only win one or the other, not both contests simultaneously. The prizes for the top 3 stories will be the same as those awarded in the monthly contests:
First Place: $150 Cash Prize
Second Place: $100 Cash Prize
Third Place: $75 Cash Prize
You can discuss this special contest at Ogg's Special Contest Support Thread(TM) Presented by the Lovely & Talented PennLady
for the monthly contests are in place. The only exceptions to the rules are:
- All submissions must be stand-alone stories created for this contest theme. We will not accept individual chapters of a larger work submitted separately. If you have a multi-chaptered contest-themed submission, please submit all chapters together as one story submission.
- We will allow authors who have won in our monthly contests within the last 6 months to win in this special contest. However, if you have won a prize in another theme contest within the last 6 months, you are not eligible to win in this one.
- A story has only to accrue 25 votes to be eligible, rather than the 50 required for the monthly contest.
The following guidelines also apply:
- All contest stories must be submitted via our online form. If you are a WebTV user or have difficulty with the form, follow the instructions here.
- Author must copy and paste the phrase "HALLOWEEN STORY CONTEST 2012" in the "Notes" field of the submission. Please do not forget to put this EXACT phrase IN THE NOTES FIELD - NOT the description field or anywhere else. In fact, we recommend that you COPY & PASTE it into the NOTES field to avoid typos. If it is not in the NOTES field – or if it's typoed - we cannot easily find your story and it may not be approved in a timely manner to be entered into the contest!!
- Story must have a Halloween theme: scary, supernatural, Trick or treat, costumes, etc. Be creative! Please don't just submit a normal story with a couple Candy Corn Oreos (*blech*) thrown in. That would not be in the spirit of the contest, and readers (aka voters) would probably punish you for your trickiness.
Any story that meets the above criteria will be automatically entered into the contest. Winners will be decided by reader input (aka votes). The prizes for the top 3 stories will be the same as those awarded in the monthly contests.
: Once your story is submitted, it may take over 72 hours for it to be posted. We strongly
suggest that you do not wait till the last day of the contest to submit your story. The sooner you submit, the better chance your story has of accruing the votes necessary to be eligible.
The full 2012 Special Contest schedule can be found here
Good luck, and have fun!