Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Editor's Forum

Old 09-12-2012, 09:10 PM   #1
xelliebabex
Weird Aussie Chick

Red face Considering an editor - Non-consent/reluctance series.

Hello,

I am Australian and as such have the British English style of spelling and grammar for the most part, though we accept both styles here.

I have been nervous about seeking out an editor as I want my work to be just that my work, but I also realise as I edit myself that I often read what I believe is there rather than what the actual words on the page are and my punctuation is definitely below par.

I find my stories are well received and that my writing has improved over time as anyone who wishes to compare my early attempts with more recent will see.

I guess my stories are fairly predictable and people can see where they are headed as I guide them in certain directions pretty heavily.

I would really like someone who uses British English as opposed to American English to help with my grammar and punctuation without interfering with my storyline too much.

I have no aspirations to be a professional writer, I have a full time job that I love, but I enjoy writing here and would like to improve.

thanks ~ellie
aka xelliebabex

Old 09-13-2012, 04:28 AM   #2
snoopercharmbrights
Was charmbrights, snooper

You might get a better response if you switch on your Private Messages. Go to User CP (top left of this page) then click on Edit Options (in the left hand column) and then tick Enable Private Messaging in the second box down. Make sure that the next box down (Receive Private Messages only from Buddies and Moderators) is NOT ticked. Finally click Save Changes at the bottom of that page.

I am not a "qualified" editor, ex-pilot, ex-diplomat, or ex-CIA operative, or expert on literary derivations, nor do I post ten times a day on Lit; I am merely ?
As Asimov said, I am merely a merely.

Old 09-13-2012, 04:50 AM   #3
xelliebabex
Weird Aussie Chick

Red face Thank you.

You tip is much appreciated.