The Official Author's Hangout Halloween Contest Support Thread

PennLady

Literotica Guru
Wow, I'm late! Sorry, everyone! Here it is, nearly midway through September and the Halloween contest begins on October 1!

Here's the basic info:

Halloween

themes: scary stuff, costumes, Halloween traditions (trick-or-treating, etc.), etc.
starts: October 1
closes: October 22
winners announced: October 29

So get to thinking about all those spooky, scary, eerie -- and sexy and erotic things you can write about for fall, Halloween, Samhain, etc. Good luck!

Holy shit! Is it that time already!? I still have a final act to write!

*Locks self away with dried preserves and bottled water.*

I'm not sure I'm ready for another contest to enter in so quickly following the summer lovin' contest. Plus, I'm nowhere near able to write a short right now, considering life outside is a tad busy. Best of luck to everyone though :)

I don't think I have any ideas either, but then that's why it's a support thread, right? :) We'll keep encouraging those that have the ideas.

Should we have a pool on how many stories use the similar costume/mistaken identity theme?

I'm considering throwing my hat into the ring this year- not sure what exactly I want to write about yet, though. Maybe spiders. I hate spiders....

Man, so soon... I'm not sure I'd have anything ready for it, but I'd like to... Maybe we'll see what I can accomplish...

Got two under construction. :eek:

One is looking like a novel and the other is looking like a novel.

:rolleyes:

Uh, ok!

I don't think I have any ideas either, but then that's why it's a support thread, right? :) We'll keep encouraging those that have the ideas.

Should we have a pool on how many stories use the similar costume/mistaken identity theme?

Most definitely! And hands down, the pool is a must. Mistaken identity and or 'I didnt know they were a vampire'. What could the wager be..****-sized snickers? The shops are already putting out the sugary goods.

I'm considering throwing my hat into the ring this year- not sure what exactly I want to write about yet, though. Maybe spiders. I hate spiders....

Spiders, clowns, yikes!!! Not a fan either. Now a spidey costume, that's something else entirely.

Ah yes... I have one in progress. A few days ago I was confident I could make it, but I just got a load of work from uni, so not as sure.

Anyway, in case I do sneak this piece in, I wonder how it will be received. This piece is the result of a bet with a fellow author who said a straight male such as myself can't write a Gay Male story. The more I write it, the more I think I'm proving her right. :(

Right now whatever I have written looks like this-

storystorystory....... [insert rough sex here] storystorystory...... [insert tender sex here].... and so on.

Hope it turns out better than I think it will.

Most definitely! And hands down, the pool is a must. Mistaken identity and or 'I didnt know they were a vampire'. What could the wager be..****-sized snickers? The shops are already putting out the sugary goods.

Spiders, clowns, yikes!!! Not a fan either. Now a spidey costume, that's something else entirely.

Spiders are so cute, though! I've always liked them. Last time I saw someone in a Spiderman costume, at Universal Studios, my ex's older sister commented on his package, so apparently it's an appreciated costume.

Hmm... gonna be Halloween Contest Scrooge here...

Might be nice to have a break from the contest-groupie 1-bombers so everyone else's stories aren't regularly dragged through the mud for no good reason other than that they exist.

*sigh*

I've heard much about these Lit contests and think I may have a try.
Just to prove my green-ness though how the "Bloody Hell..." do I go about it in regards to entering and the like. Can I use an editor?

Would someone be so kind as to point me in the direction of the rules please?

what a bad little girl - always trying to jump the gun...

[size=+2]ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS (A.I.R.)[/size]

2012 Halloween Contest

sexy-halloween.jpg

year #3 on a.i.r…

You can begin submitting your stories on Sunday, September 30th and up until October 21st. We encourage all contestants to submit their stories as early in the submission window as possible. Those authors who try to abuse the system by entering their stories at the very last hour (using the infamous darkboy technique) will risk having their stories disqualified.

The winners will be announced on or around October 31st

You can discuss this special contest on the tigerlady’s AHland toady thread, or of course here on the A.I.R. thread.

PLEASE NOTE:
While the LITEROTICA Halloween Contest runs at the same time as the A.I.R. Contest the two are totally separate and run under a different set of rules.​

RULES (for the A.I.R. section of the contest):
(see the QUEEN for this weeks LITEROTICA Rules and their interpretation)

- All submissions must be stand-alone stories created for this contest theme. We will not accept individual chapters of a larger work submitted separately.

- Nor will stories featuring characters, locales, plot lines, etc., etc., that have been previously used by the author be accepted.

- Prizes will be awarded in the following categories (a story can only win one prize in each contest):

1) Best Overall Story
2) Most Views
3) Most Comments
4) Most Votes
5) Highest Score
6) Most Favorites (both author and story favorites)

- A story has to accrue a minimum of 250 votes to be eligible (higher in some categories). The vote, comment, view, favorite, and score numbers that are reported by LITEROTICA will be used subject to final verification by the A.I.R. Computer Center.

- Authors are prohibited from voting or commenting on their own stories. Their votes on competing stories will also be swept away.

- Story must have a Halloween Day Theme.

- It must be erotic in content.

- Non-Human/Science-Fiction category stories will not be accepted in this contest.

- Story must not exceed 5 LITEROTICA pages in length (20,000 words).

- Each author is allowed only one submission (under his name and his various ALTS – ie lovergirl (yes the convicted cheat) and the condiment ALT are allowed only one entry - not two) per contest.

-An exception to this rule has been made for Top 25 “Most Favorited” authors – they are allowed two or three depending upon their ranking.

- No character may be named Pauletta.

- Don’t just submit some rehashed story you’ve been working on for years. We want something fresh. Be creative!

- The "least viewed" story in the contest has absolutely no chance of winning a prize.

- A.I.R. reserves the right to disqualify without notice or explanation any story in which any kind of cheating or vote-tampering is suspected.
lovergirl (yes the convicted cheat), due to previous infractions of this rule, has been suspended for this contest as she is in the process of serving her 3 contest suspension.

- Every story that meets the above criteria and is submitted to LITEROTICA during the contest period will be automatically entered into the A.I.R. contest. No special submission form must be filled out. We believe in inclusivity!

- If you have any questions regarding any of the above or anything pertaining to our contests, feel free to contact me by PM or email, or post any questions you have on this thread.

Good Luck!!!

Damn candy's been in the stores since the middle of August!! How can you not think of a Halloween story?

Forgive me for asking such a newbie question but how is the submission process for a contest story different from any other submission? Is there a special link, etc...?

I think I may make this my first contest entry here...

Forgive me for asking such a newbie question but how is the submission process for a contest story different from any other submission? Is there a special link, etc...?

I think I may make this my first contest entry here...

There are "official" words you have to put in the Notes section when you submit your story. You have to have a total of 25 votes for it to be counted as eligible as a contest entry.

All the rules and such will post when Laurel posts the contest is starting. (unless she's done that and I've missed it).

----

For me... I've been sitting on a Halloween humor story for a couple years, something written on a whim. I think I'll work on it, and either enter it in the contest, or just as a Humor/Satire story. We'll see, either way if I don't enter that one in the contest, I'll write something else and submit it strictly for the contest.

Yes, I know I can enter both, but I don't want to do that.

Halloween personally for me is NOT my favorite holiday. I only tolerate it because I have kids. :rolleyes:

I've been well advised to stay away from a Scouries/Scouries world competition. And told off twice.

Last edited:
I've been well advised to stay away from a Scouries/Scouries world competition.

Plus, it's REALLY unnecessary to fully quote his post in warning against it.

My entry is ready to go--if I can remember where I've tucked it away. Horror this year.

To me, it's only a holiday if you have the day off, so Halloween is just a festival. I only like it for the candy, and now that I'm diabetic, not so much.

Spiders are so cute, though! I've always liked them. Last time I saw someone in a Spiderman costume, at Universal Studios, my ex's older sister commented on his package, so apparently it's an appreciated costume.

How can 8 legs be cute?? I am concurring with the costume statement. Shameless.

Spiders are sooooooooooo not cute.*shudders* I think the temperature change in our area is causing them to come out of the woodwork, more so than normal.

Cutest costume I saw was a young boy dressed as an Indian. He looked adorable. :D

Enjoy the contest and have fun folks.

Spiders are sooooooooooo not cute.*shudders* I think the temperature change in our area is causing them to come out of the woodwork, more so than normal.

Cutest costume I saw was a young boy dressed as an Indian. He looked adorable. :D

Enjoy the contest and have fun folks.

You'd HATE sitting at my home desk. Every year a spider's web appears under it. I never remove it: It keeps the other bugs away!

Back