Old 02-02-2017, 09:48 AM   #1
princesssexci
Shameless flirt

Princess Who? ~Closed~

Princess Who?
A Twisted Fairytale
Written by Firmhanded_Daddy and PrincessSexci

Once upon a time there was a princess, a very curious princess. She was much too curious for her own good, in fact. Princess Madeline was a very inquistive princess even from the day she was born. She eventually grew to be the most beautiful of girls in the land with dark hair and brown eyes. She always got everything she'd ever wanted. However, her curiosity never ceased.

One day, Princess Madeline had been wandering through the forest when she saw a little cottage. She'd never seen the cottage before in her life. Curious to see what she'd seen, Madeline slowly walked towards the cottage and opened the door. It was unlocked! How strange!

"Hello? Anyone here?" She called

"Hello, come in child!" An old woman said. The old woman had warts, was fat and hideously ugly.

"I uh...I've never seen you before. Are you new here?" She asked

"Hmm..." The old woman looked her over and tilted her head. "You are the princess, yes?"

"Yes." the Madeline said with a bright smile. She hadn't thought anyone would recognize her in her civilian clothes.

"Ah but who could not recognize such a beautiful girl?" the woman said as if she'd heard the girls thoughts.

"What are you doing?" Madeline asked, stepping closer to the woman who was sewing. Was she sewing?

"I am sewing, dear princess! Would you like to try?" the old woman asked, grinning almost evily, but not quite.

"I ah, I really don't know. I would rather not mess up your beautiful works!" Madeline gave a nervous giggle.

"Oh, whats the harm in trying? Besides, I can always start all over again. Go ahead, try it." She said, pushing the girl down. "Go ahead.." the woman prompted.

Madeline bit her lip and began sewing. It seemed like she was getting the hang of it! "Look, look I'm sewing!" She said to the old woman, not really paying much attention to where the needle went. She hardly noticed that the woman was muttering something under her breath until it was too late.

"OUCH!" Madeline screamed

The woman laughed evily, "Oh did you hurt yourself? You poor poor girl! I should have mentioned that the needle you are using is cursed. You are going to fall into a deep sleep..." the woman spoke in a soft hypnotic voice, "and when you wake, you will no longer remember your name, let alone your past. You will be as common as any other peasant.." Evil laughter filled the cottage.

The old woman had been a witch, one whom despised the queen and king of Alain. She had been right as well because the princess had woken up in a state of confusion at a palace far from where she had originated from with no memory of anything.

Her name had been changed to Madi.

"That's so cute, you think you're scary!"

Last edited by princesssexci : 02-02-2017 at 07:29 PM.

Old 02-02-2017, 07:14 PM   #2
Firmhanded_Daddy
reborn in flame

Robert

Blood clotted the left nostril where a lucky footman had struck his visor and managed to dent it enough to bloody his nose, and his ribs were sore, possibly bruised from a flail strike to the right side of his body when he had been flanked after several of his guardsman had been lost in a Calvary charge.

Despite the losses and even the personal injuries to the Prince of Keldsidor, the Alani soldiers took triple the losses at every turn. To their credit they had yet to break their lines and run. He had already spotted the flag of their banner general and he suspected he knew the reason they hadn’t run yet, they were trying to end the war right here and now. Sending that old bear Kah’Rahdim out here meant one thing, they were trying to capture the him. The thought made him laugh as he carelessly turned away a clumsy spear thrust, pivoted on his feet and struck the young man square on the helm with the counter weight of his bastard sword. The boy sunk like a stone with a sickening crack. He couldn’t tell if that was his skull, or his helm splitting, nor if he had killed the whelp, nor did he care one way or the other.

They were trying to capture him? Most of the Alani soldiers were scared to death when they saw him out on the battle field. Only the most battle hardened soldiers wielded their blades with any confidence. Them he treated with respect, though even they stood no chance. He was the most naturally gifted warrior the realms had seen in a hundred years. He struck like a coiled viper at times, and other times like an avalanche sometimes with terrible and unpredictable speed, other times with force enough that it seemed he was inhuman. Hearing these rumors unnerved boys before a battle, but seeing them to be true on the field shook field commanders; still to their credit they did not run. He already decided he would let the old bear live. It was his will that kept this army fighting.

He sensed a change on the wind, despite being fully encased in plate and chain the hair on the back of his neck stood on end. He lifted his visor to let his voice be heard above the din of the dying, screaming and the clatter of steel. “Ambush! Fall back!”

His men were disciplined to change formation at a moments notice, no panic, no disorder, even dragging those too wounded to stand with them. Several forming a shield wall to protect the wounded as they retreated at their Prince’s command. “Halt!” He barked” Only one problem, the Prince had not retreated with them. He stood alone and for the moment his sheer force of confidence bewildered the enemy forces into shock and they just stood there in stunned silence. Then the trap sprung. Horsemen riding double came thundering up the hill that had been covered by shrubs. Carrying men lightliy armored with short spears. Robert didn’t wait for them to get into position; if they were going to ambush and flank his men, and now just one man then to hell with a ‘fair fight’. Gripping his bastard sword he pulled it back, his men murmured, a few chuckled they had seen him do this on a few occasions; he hurled the blade as if it were a spear. The weapon turned end over end like it were a throwing blade and struck one of the oncoming horses with devastating effect. Horse and riders never made a sound, other than to go down in a discordant death. That stopped the entire charge up short. A few of them got sick. They all looked up at their general, but they then spurred their horses on more cautiously. They all now wore a mask of men about to die for their homes.

This was the first time he turned to look at them and waited for them to dismount. The first time he treated them with honor and respect. He pulled off his helm and set it on the ground. He turned to look at all of the men surrounding him, his voice boomed. “This is the first time you have shown me the courage I have been looking for in you, my neighbors. You know that facing me surely means your death, yet you put yourselves between me and your homeland and your families with no hesitation, no regret no fear.

He pointed up on the ridge where Kah’Rahdim stood overseeing the battle. “That man up there was worthy of my respect before this battle began. A few of your old salts earned it too. Most of your soldiers though were untested boys who were farmers a week ago. They never had to make the choice you just did. It is not an easy choice to make. You have ea-“

One of the boys, overtaken by the strain bellowed in rage and charged forward with the spear outstretched as if it were a battering ram; it was a simple matter to snatch the spear, twist the momentum and sent the boy twisting in the air to the ground, before he could recover, and quick strike to the side of the head, just enough to keep him down and out. Then the Prince dropped the spear. “He’s not dead. Just knocked out. As I was saying, you have earned my respect. I have no desire to take another Alani life this day. I wish to talk with General Kah’ Rahdim; and no, not in chains. Enough of your farmers have died today, don’t you think General?”

He turned his head up to Kah’Rahdim.

The two talked long into the night and finally he won the general over to his way of thinking and promised to take it to the King of the Alani. He doubted that the king would agree to plans to unite the two kingdoms under one kingdom and continue to conquer all the neighboring kingdoms all the satisfy the Princes desire for a lasting peace for all. A noble gesture for certain and he may be the man to do it, the only one, but the lives that would be lost would be immeasurable.

It was about half a day’s ride before they were back in Keldsidor. They had left at first light and were back around lunch time. Some pomp welcomed them back, and the King gave a speech about a successful campaign Many a noble woman stopped and spoke to the Prince about his poor battle wounds which he politely and cooly declined their advances of ‘care’ for. He just wanted a proper meal. He could care for a bloody nose and some sore ribs himself.

The servants knew his routine, knew that he wanted a meal, and bandages, maybe someone to help him clean hard to reach cuts and get out of his armor. He fully expected this time to be no different. When he made his way to his chambers and the room was empty he just paused in his room in silence for a moment and stared. He let out a soft breath and began to make his way down to the servant’s quarters. They made their proper bows and curtsies with a “M’lord” but he did not even see them. He found the office of the Steward and gave three swift terse knocks. After a moment the steward answered the door and then stepped aside ”Please come in M’lord. What can I do for you?”

He entered the Stewards office and in a measured tone that the Steward recognized was as good as the Princes’ yell “My chambers are empty of bandages, food, cleaning supplies, and a bath. This has not happened in quite some time Malcom. Is there something I need to know?”

”The fault is entirely mine sire. I hired a new girl and it seems that I was not being told the entire truth. She was not the girls father. She was under some sort of sorcery and has no memory of her former life. Now she is refusing to work. She seems to think she is above good honest work.” At this Malcom Sniffed which was a close to what he would come to spitting on the ground in the presence of royalty. Outside of their presence the man swore like a sailor. Something the Prince was actually quite aware of and found hilarious.

“So what does this have to do wit- You assigned her to me because she’s pretty didn’t you.”

The older man flushed guiltily.

The Prince cut him off before he could defend himself. “I have already told you I do not need a match maker. If I want a paramour I’ll take one. I’ve had my share and that is enough. My energy is better spent in other area’s women are a distraction.”

”Shall I let the girl go then?

“And do what? Starve to death, or worse? No. Send my previous maid with the things I normally request to my quarters, and this new girl as well. If she is to be my new maid she might as well see what her new duties are to be.”

Old 02-03-2017, 12:07 PM   #3
princesssexci
Shameless flirt

Madi didn't know much about her life but she knew she didn't being here. She didn't remember exactly where she belonged, but not here. All she remembered was being held in chains while the auctioneer yelled out prices for her servitude.

She'd been bought by a steward for the cheapest price any slave had been sold for. Now she stood in the servants quarter of a ship. A dirty grimy room which ironically if everyone were servants here they should've kept their areas clean.

The steward rushed in ordering one of the older females to grab some bandages and towels. " 'Ere, you take 'is food. I got the rest."

Madi stared at the plate full of various fruits and cheeses. Her stomach grumbled and she realized she wasn't sure of the last time she'd eaten. She reached for one of the yellow pieces of cheese and felt a slap on her wrist.

"What're ye doin? You can't be eatin the princes food. Servants only get left oer's! Come, we can't keep 'im waitin!"

Madi frowned and stared at the food hungrily, "But I'm not a servant girl and..."

"You've been sayin that all day. We are late. Ye aint a servant girl, but ye don't know what ye are. Let's go, now!" The old lady snapped before kicking the door open. Madi followed behind her ignoring the lecherous glances she got from the sea men.

They eventually reached the prince's quarters on the other side of the ship. The older women opened the door and then instantly curtsied in front of the prince. Madi felt the woman pinch her ankle.

"Get down!" She hissed, "forgive me your highness. She's new and ain't got no manners yet. We will whip her into shape though, promise."

Old 02-03-2017, 04:23 PM   #4
Firmhanded_Daddy
reborn in flame

He was standing in front of the armor rack when the two women entered. Still clad in his battle suit he had the dented helm taken off, the vambraces, boots, grieves, and boots all removed. This is where he was currently stuck however. So he looked just a touch undignified when the two women entered the room and the older maid launched into her hurried explanation as to why things were late.

Here was the Prince clad in sweat soaked padding, a chain skirt and a dented plate chest breast plate. He nodded his head to the two women. His voice was not hard, it was almost devoice of emotion, but when he spoke, the older woman seemed to relax her tense shoulders. “It is fine Grace. I already spoke to the Steward about the matter. If you would please help me out of this chest plate? Normally I could get it, but there may be some busted ribs beneath which make the required bending a bit uncomfortable.”

Of course your highness!”

Ignoring the girl she went quickly to her duty with practiced, and efficient hands, but was especially ginger around the areas that around the damage. She knew not to make the Princes’ pain any worse, no reason to poke the bear. While she worked he asked “So what is the girl’s name?”

”Madi, Highness”

“Alright Madi, so it seems we have a breakdown in communication. You claim that you are not a servant and this may very well be true. The Steward explained the circumstances of how you came to be here to me and they are unfortunate. The problem is a complex one; first you have little memory of who you are, and no real skills yes that anyone knows of thus no way to earn a living, two we paid for your release and as such you are in debt to the crown for your freedom, third if we released you now your only outcomes are starvation, recapture, prostitution, or banditry; none of which we can allow. You see why we cannot simply release you, yes?”

He turned to Grace and nodded his head. “Go ahead and begin fetching the water for the bath if you would?” Without a word she bobbed her head and bobbed her head and with a final hard look for the pretty young girl departed the room.

“Stand, Madi. I’ve no wish to humiliate you.” He spun and begun shrugging out of the padded undercoat and breeches that fit beneath his armor. There were places on his right rib cage where blood had soaked through his shirt, the flail head had punctured his armor and the skin. Still he carried himself with a quiet dignity and an aura of self-assuredness that some might call cocky. When he turned back around his voice changed just slightly, but there was an imperceptible edge that brooked no argument.

“We will not keep you as a slave or captive, but you will work off your debt to the crown, in return for doing so you will be given meals and lodgings far better than those most people in your situation get. You will be kept safe, you will be fed, and when you will earn valuable skills. When your debt has been settled you may go and do as you wish. You may stay on, you may move on, you may even catch a noble eye, you certainly are not without your charms.” The last was said with cold impassion when most men may have said it with a chuckle or a leer and a grin, it was an observation, not a come on; he continued. “However since I consider you to be a ward of the kingdom and something of a flight risk you will be serving me. If I find that you neglect your duties or attempt to escape I will put a pallet on the floor for you right where you stand now and post armed guard on the door. Questions?”

Old 02-03-2017, 07:38 PM   #5
princesssexci
Shameless flirt

Defiance made Madi want to stay on the ground as she'd been forced to do by the old woman but the look on his face despite how handsome said obedience was necessary, she pursed her lips and stood. His voice had been gentle though but in a matter of moments it switched from gentle to a tad bit more domineering.

"We will not keep you as a slave or captive, but you will work off your debt to the crown, in return for doing so you will be given meals and lodgings far better than those most people in your situation get. You will be kept safe, you will be fed, and when you will earn valuable skills. When your debt has been settled you may go and do as you wish. You may stay on, you may move on, you may even catch a noble eye, you certainly are not without your charms.” This was stated in a matter of fact way instead of grossly lewd.

"However since I consider you to be a ward of the kingdom and something of a flight risk you will be serving me. If I find that you neglect your duties or attempt to escape I will put a pallet on the floor for you right where you stand now and post armed guard on the door. Questions?"

At the very least, she wouldn't have to be a service girl for the rest of the crew which she was pretty certain they'd wanted to do just that when she was brought aboard the ship.

And it wasn't as though the prince would be so terrible to look at. Her jaw clenched, however, because she'd been silently planning her escape until his final words were spoken.

"As you wish, your highness." She mumbled begrudgingly as she curtsied.

Old 02-04-2017, 02:33 AM   #6
Firmhanded_Daddy
reborn in flame

He watched her with an intense gaze. His dark brown eyes were reflective pools that gave nothing away but seemed to drink everything in. It was like he was reading every little twitch and movement, breaking it down, judging her mood, her body language. Obviously what he read confirmed what he heard, because he relaxed his stance and nodded his head once firmly.

“Good. Now I know that look. You’ve yet to have a decent meal. For today we will break protocol. Sit down, eat something. Slavers are not known for giving a damn about the condition their product makes it to the final destination in. Have they given you quarters, proper clothes?”

His tone didn’t exactly soften, but the edge of firmness dropped from it once more. Still it was not a warm, compassionate tone; it was straight to the point, an arrow fired from a bow.

As he spoke he pour hot water into the wash bowl and pulled off the sweat and blood soaked shirt gingerly. He made no sound of discomfort despite the obvious pain that it caused him to do it on his own. He splashed the water over his face and short cropped hair. Washing the blood from his sealed nostril, the dirt from his streaked face and a patch or two from his sun bleached hair; the droplets dripped down his sun darkened shoulders and neck and accented the thick ropey muscles hardened by his art; war.

He patted his face dry and let out a soft sigh as he rubbed his hair dry. A soft thump at the door and he bellowed “Come!” A flurry of red faced girls came in carrying steaming buckets of hot water. They began pouring the water into the large tub off to the side of the room. When Grace returned with her bucket and saw Madi sitting down eating she nearly went into an apoplectic rage. Robert forestalled her with a raised hand. “I told her to, Grace. She hasn’t had a decent meal in some time” The old servant didn’t like it, but she couldn’t very well argue the point. She made a show of a graceful bow to hide her ire at being over ruled, that was when she looked around and noticed that not a single one of the girls whom had come in with water had left the room. They were all lingering in the room, discreetly finding a reason to stay in the room with the shirtless Prince, stealing looks at him, and alternating with staring jealous daggers at Madi.

She hurried them out with a snarl. Soon enough they were alone again. He walked toward her and the spread of food and began selecting some of his own food and sat down to eat. He was starving, but he at with dignity in front of the young woman as was polite. He made efficient work of it however and soon enough he had his fill enough that he wanted a bath and to tend his wounds and to rest from the campaign.

He looked at the young woman and spoke softly. “Perhaps I should simply have some guest quarters prepared for you here. Judging by the looks some of the other servants were giving you, there might be some jealously from your peers. Let me know if there are any issues, I’ll see to it. For now I am going to bathe. So unless you are planning on assisting I am sure Grace will be able to find something for you to do. You have a great deal to learn, and despite her attitude the woman knows her craft. Treat her with respect and you will reap the rewards.”

Old 02-06-2017, 01:13 PM   #7
princesssexci
Shameless flirt

“Good. Now I know that look. You’ve yet to have a decent meal. For today we will break protocol. Sit down, eat something. Slavers are not known for giving a damn about the condition their product makes it to the final destination in. Have they given you quarters, proper clothes?”

Madi looked shocked that he would even offered. "No." she whispered. Though she couldn't understand why she was shocked. It was like some hidden knowledge that this wasn't customary. Perhaps, it was because of what the old woman, Grace had told her.

Slowly, almost hesitantly, she took a seat at the table and began picking at the fruits and cheese. Despite her hunger, she by no means, at like a servant and stuffed it in her mouth. Instead took small nibbles as if she didn't wish to overeat.

Out of the corner of her eye, she watched as he cleaned his wound and though he'd just told her that she'd be working for her keep, she didn't stand to help, but instead, ate.

He had just told her to eat, had he not? Moments later, servants rushed in the older female looked ready to drag her out by the ear and punish her severely. Had it not been for Prince Robert, the older woman might have.

She did feel the looks of hatred upon every other servant girl in the room and didn't dare look any of them in the eye. She stopped eating, in fact!

Finally the women left mumbling something under their breath which she chose to ignore.

“Perhaps I should simply have some guest quarters prepared for you here. Judging by the looks some of the other servants were giving you, there might be some jealously from your peers. Let me know if there are any issues, I’ll see to it. For now I am going to bathe. So unless you are planning on assisting I am sure Grace will be able to find something for you to do. You have a great deal to learn, and despite her attitude the woman knows her craft. Treat her with respect and you will reap the rewards.”

"Yes, your highness." She whispered before standing and making her way into the servants quarters.

Once inside, she felt the jealous glares and this time heard one of the girls say, "Ohh lookie, the lost girl who thinks she can be the princes whore has decided to join the commoner folk."

"Claire, that's enough." Grace said. "Yer bed is the one in the corner and there's some clothes on the cot. Get changed."

Madi slowly nodded and did so. For the rest of the time, she was to follow Grace to learn the ins and outs until the Prince called on her again.

Old 02-06-2017, 06:19 PM   #8
Firmhanded_Daddy
reborn in flame

He registered the exchanges that he was privy to when his back was not turned to his grooming. The cold exterior never melted, not once, the ice surface of his eye never broke, the mirrors never shattered. He drank in ever speck of light and let nothing back out like a dark, void. When she finally dismissed herself he gave a slight inclination of his head and then and only then turned toward his bath.

He heaved a soft sigh; which he instantly regretted with a wince of pain. Those ribs were worse off than he thought; might even be broken. He shed the remainder of his sodden, sweat stained clothing with care and was never more glad to be nude in his life. They felt like they were made of granite rather than linen.

He stepped into the large iron tub and already the water was polluted with the stains of the road and battles he had waged. Streamers of dirt broke across the surface and danced like kite strings at some spring festival celebrating an end to the long hard winter. He eased his sore muscular form into the hot water with a softer sigh and let the heat soak into his body. It helped to ease the soreness only he braced himself, he knew the shock he was in for when the heat hit his ribs. As predicted, when the hot water struck his flank it was like getting hit by that flail all over again, only this time without the armor to protect him. The room swam before his eyes and he feared that for a single moment he might just pass out. The fleeting nausea and disorientation passed and he found that he was gripping the tub with both hands with a death like grip. His sun darkened knuckles were white from the effort; the blood had fled from his hands with the effort to keep himself from upturning the tub.

Softer waves of disorientation struck him, like the lapping waves of the sea, and he rode them like he was on a small skiff adrift on a morning pleasure cruise, waiting for the ocean to becalm. Once it finally did he began the painstaking task of cleaning himself. He took extra care around his wound.

The water was near cold once he was finished with his task. He rose and dried himself off. He opened the bundle that had been left by the serving girls and then pulled out a mortar and pestle. He poured the herbs in and then went in search of a pair of loose fitting trousers. Pulling them on he padded to the door and found a passing servant.

“Fetch Maddi for me if you would please.”

The servant nodded and darted off in haste muttering in confusion about who this Maddi person is.

The Prince then went back to his work and began grinding up the herbs with the stone mortar and pestle. He put some water on to boil and set out some clean linen strips of cloth.

The kettle whistled and he pulled it off the heat. He set it to cool; then went back to grinding up his herbs. It was about ten minutes later when a soft knock came at the door. “Enter” he called. “Ah good. Fetch that kettle for me. I am going to teach you how to make a poultice to stop infection. Might save your life some day, or mine. Careful with the handle it will be hot still.”

The sound of the stone grinding was almost hypnotic in a way, it was slow, even, practiced. The thick muscles of his arms and shoulders flexed with each movement, he didn’t even think about the fact that he wasn’t wearing a shirt. Perhaps too much time on the campaign trail, or perhaps he was intentionally trying to make her uncomfortable. Hard to tell with that gaze that gave nothing away. “Good, looks like they have you settled in a bit better. How are they treating you?” The question was honest, earnest, but without warmth. Almost like the man himself was made from stone.

Old 02-06-2017, 06:36 PM   #9
princesssexci
Shameless flirt

For the rest of the tie she was with Grace she still heard the younger servants, girls that were about 18-20 talk low and say such terrible things about her.

'She's only been here a nigh and is already trying to sleep her way to the throne.'

Or

'' 'e won't take er. She has no idear who she is. Probably has no dowry to speak. 'Tis a waste of time to even discuss."

Grace had made mention not to get into anyone else's space and she learned that clearly enough on their break when she'd sat in one of the girls chair. They pushed her out. It wasn't hard enough to break anything but still rude!

Grace punished the girl whom she learned had been named Tilly.

Thankfully, Prince Robert called upon her and as she left, she once again got dirty looks from Tilly and her friends.

She gently knocked on the door and heard him give permission to enter which did.

. “Ah good. Fetch that kettle for me. I am going to teach you how to make a poultice to stop infection. Might save your life some day, or mine. Careful with the handle it will be hot still.”

She nodded her head and walked over to the stove then carefully picked up the kettle using a towel and placed it where he was silently grinding. Watching him was entrancing. His muscles were exquisite but she pulled herself out of the reverie as he spoke, questioning whether the other servant girls were treating her fine.

"They are treating me as best as anyone would treat a newcomer." She said softly not wishing ill towards any of the women, not even Tilly.

Old 02-08-2017, 08:38 PM   #10
Firmhanded_Daddy
reborn in flame

He raised a brow at her words and halted in his work. His dark eyes meeting hers for a brief moment as the briefest hint of a smile touched his lips. He squared himself toward her and reached out to take the heavy kettle from her hands with ease. He set the iron kettle down on the floor next to them and stared into her eyes and there was an intense force in his gaze; not aggression per se, just an aura of command.

“You needn’t lie to protect their ill behavior. Moreover I expect loyalty and honesty in those whom serve me, as I will give the same to you.”

He paused a moment and relaxed, releasing her gaze and for the first time she had seen he showed any real emotion. He let out a quiet chuckle.

“People see me and think I’m a simple noble with no knowledge of the world. I did not get this wound playing soldier. I got this on the front lines fighting side by side with my men. What I am trying to tell you is this; I know what people do to someone who is new. The treatment is usually quite poor, and you becoming my personal attendant and being so lovely is likely doing you no favors. If you like I can have you a room prepared away from the others, though that would isolate you from them a great deal. In the end that choice is yours. Eventually they will stop and you will earn their respect, somehow I don’t think it works the same way it does on the battle field. I doubt finding the biggest girl and punching her square in the jaw is the best way to earn your stripes.”

He chuckled again, and then winced.

“So to make a proper poultice… I’ll show you what to do. Come over here.”

He motioned to the table and picked up the kettle once more and set it near the table. He folded some of the linen into a large square pad. Then he looked up to make sure she was watching. “Place the herbs on the bandage like this.”

He snatched the mortar from the table and then he emptied the herbs carefully onto the bandage. “I like to wind a layer or two of fabric around the herbs, just enough to keep them in place once you have them tightly packed together, just to keep it all in place. Now we add the water.”

Placed the wrapped herbs back in the mortar and then picked up the kettle, then carefully raised the kettle. The movements made his shoulders ripple like ocean waves as he raised the heavy iron kettle above the table and then in a very precise, controlled manner poured just a small amount of boiling water into the mortar. He set the kettle back down and let it sit while turning toward Madi.

“Similar to a tea you want the herbs properties to be extracted by the water and to soak into the bandage. Then we will bind it with the other strips of cloth around my ribs. “ He turned, gingerly picked up the bandage out of the hot water and nodded. “Should be ready, will you get the rest of the bandages and help wrap me up?”

Old 02-09-2017, 11:28 AM   #11
princesssexci
Shameless flirt

Madi jerked her head up at his words. They were so kind and full of reason. Honestly, she had no reason to lie for Tilly or any of the other girls who were blatantly mean to her. When he finally released her gaze, she looked down and mildly cleared her throat. In another life, he would've been her ideal husband; however, that would've been another life in another world. Now, she was just a girl who knew nothing of her past. She laughed quietly but didn't give him a response to punching a girl in the face.

As he chuckled after his long monologue, she frowned and gave him a concerned look. "Perhaps, it would be best if you don't laugh since it ails you?" She said uncertainly, though there was something about his laugh that caused her to smile. He seemed less hard than he had, earlier when she'd first met him.

Madi walked over to the table and watched, listening quietly as he explained how to make the paultice.

“I like to wind a layer or two of fabric around the herbs, just enough to keep them in place once you have them tightly packed together, just to keep it all in place. Now we add the water.”

Madi did her best not to focus on the way his arms rippled as he crushed the contents and poured them on the bandage which was a difficult task in itself. At his final question, Madi came to attention and quickly went about grabbing the bandages, wrapping them on his injuries, lightly of course. Her hands accidentally grazed the sides where he was not injured as she placed the bandages where they need to be.

"W-why were you fighting?" She said softly, "I mean, is your kingdom at war?"

It was true, she had no knowledge of fighting per se. There was a distant memory of warriors or soldiers fighting but for what purpose she didn't quite know and she blamed this on the idea that there were wars everywhere. Why should she be exempt from that sort of memory?

But even in the back of her mind, she could recall still not understanding the purpose of it and still having a lack of knowledge.

'Women need not know of these topics...' A distant feminine voice would tell her, though she couldn't recall who.

Old 02-09-2017, 05:47 PM   #12
Firmhanded_Daddy
reborn in flame

For the first time he found himself looking at her. Not just as a subject, but as a woman. It was odd that; a thing he rarely indulged in. Perhaps it was the wound, perhaps it was the fatigue, perhaps it was just the long build up of sexual tension he had not released in some time. He made mental note to find an outlet for that later. She was a remarkable woman to behold for certain, it was no wonder the Steward ‘accidentally’ picked up an enslaved woman with no memory. He saw one woman who could possibly turn his head and snatched her up like a rare gem. His gaze was not lecherous, or overt, but he did not hide it either. He was not a man of great subtlety most of the time.

“Perhaps you are right. That is not something I often do. I think I am just tired.”

He raised his arms so that they were out of her way as she began wrapping his ribs in the thin linen bandage. Her fingers were deft, and her touch delicate. When she brushed the side of his body it sent an unexpected ripple of pleasure through his body. He was not used to being touched in such ways. It had been far too long since he had experienced a woman’s delicate touch and he let out a soft, low sound of pleasure before being able to catch himself. Despite the awkwardness he didn’t let it phase him, as she asked her question he turned her gaze to him again, and his look was thoughtful, pensive. For a moment it looked as if he was not going to answer her, then he spoke. When he did the ice melted from his eyes, replaced by a heated passion; almost like a fever. His voice took in a tremendous intensity.

“Our kingdoms have been in a sort of a stale mate for years. The occasional border skirmish, disputes about farming rights, or mines. Rumblings of war always on the horizon. However our neighbor to the other side is to the same, and so is their neighbor. Wars are breaking out all over the kingdoms. Sometimes over horrible crimes, sometimes over petty greed. I fully admit that I struck the blow that started this war. I am the aggressor in this battle. My motives are neither petty, nor greedy. I intend to bring order to the entire realm. My kingdom is one of the strongest of the Great Five. If I can bring the Alani under my banner we can begin to bring the other Kingdoms in line and begin to establish one kingdom, one government. I believe with one seat of power, one just and honest leader we can eliminate so many of the problems that face the Great Five. War, famine, diseases; if we combined our knowledge, our resources instead of looking at each other across the point of a sword; united we could accomplish so much more. Divided all we have done is kill each other and waste resources.”

He let out a breath. The bandage helped the action not hurt so much. He began to compose himself, and the walls that kept everyone at arms length began coming back up rapidly. His voice come fourth again, but sounded like cold ashes after the bonfire they had been a moment ago.

Old 02-23-2017, 05:50 PM   #13
princesssexci
Shameless flirt

As he spoke of the wars beginning throughout the many different kingdoms, the one name that popped out and caught her attention was that of Alanni. It was familiar yet distant, like an unknown relative. Could she have resided there at once? It wouldn't explain much, really just where she was from, but anything was better than nothing.

However, she noted the changes about him. When Prince Robert spoke of his kingdom it was clear he cared about it. She could see the intense passion in his eyes. The walls went up as soon as his last sentence ended. She could visibly see it.

Madi wasn't certain how to respond.

How did respond to the problems that varied throughout different kingdoms when she didn't even know where she came from.

"At least you are able to admit your faults. Only a good man is able to do so." Madi said softly, looking down attempting to hide her blush. She fiddled with her fingers.

"They've called me your whore." She said in answer to his earlier question. She could feel tears welling up in her eyes because from what little she could remember she'd never been called a whore before. She quickly wiped whatever tears were forming in her eyes.

Old 03-05-2017, 01:33 AM   #14
Firmhanded_Daddy
reborn in flame

A chuckle rushed passed his lips. It seemed to surprise him to have it come out. He reacted as if he were almost unaccustomed to the act, or perhaps just unaccustomed to letting his guard down around someone he didn’t really know; either way, it had escaped his normal iron clad control and that was when he realized how tired he truly was. He turned toward her with a single nod and a hint of a smile on his lips. His voice was softer, almost gentle as he spoke to her. “Perhaps you are correct. I hope it is so. What I am undertaking is a tremendous endeavor, and likely to see me dead before it is done anyway. If it succeeds or fails I imagine only history will be able to tell if this makes me a good man, or a tyrant.”

That last bit seemed to trouble him. His brow furrowed with troubled thoughts turning behind his eyes. It was then that she spoke about what the servants had called her. His eyes shot upward as quick as lightning. He stared into her eyes and the anger was readily apparent; though the flames of anger were not directed at her. He crossed the room to her in a single stride and placed a large, strong hand on either of her slender shoulders. His voice was for the first time full of sincere and honest emotion, no walls, holding nothing back. “I am truly sorry. I believe I am in part to blame for that. Bringing you immediately into my service, especially considering it is obvious that you lack the training for the role as an act of protection would look to those who do aspire to my bed chambers as you getting what they want.”

He brought her in and hugged her gently, not wanting to impose himself upon her too much, but thinking that she may need comfort. Had she wanted to break the grip a simple bit of resistance would have done so.

“I promise you this will not stand. I will address it immediately. First though I wish to express to you while there are many royal houses whom use servants as their personal concubines, willing or otherwise this is not the sort of man I am. Truth be told I spend very little time in the pursuit of women I focus a great deal on learning everything I can about the other nations, forming diplomatic bonds with them, and training my men. That being said; I would never take a woman to my bed who did not wish to go there of her own accord, and even then she would have to be quite exceptional. I believe that is how you ended up here to be honest. The Steward is constantly trying to send the pretty new serving girls to me and they all leave disappointed. Don’t get me wrong; none have been quite as lovely as you, but I think he misses the point. I am looking for more than a distraction.”

He realized he was pouring himself out to this beautiful woman who could in all possibility be a bloody spy, or if nothing else, horrified that he was coming off as an innocent first time lad at a brothel. He cleared his throat. “Anyway, what I mean to say is that you are in no danger of me taking you off to bed against your will. I will have the guest quarters set up for you however, since it appears the staff cannot keep their mouths quiet. First, I intend to set the record straight. Find me a shirt to put on so I don’t give all those girls a reason to think their suspicions are founded. I will be right back.”
He poked his head out the door and the footmen snapped to attention. “Have Grace gather all the serving girls and send them all to my room, on the double.” The man saluted fist to chest and darted off down the hall.

It was about ten minutes or so before the request was completed. Grace was an efficient task master after all. By then Maddi and Robert had managed to get him into a light blue shirt that was buttoned to the top. He had even managed some freshly polished boots with the tops turned down. He was a striking figure when standing at his full height. He was standing at military attention and Grace recognized that set in his jaw, she knew this was not going to be a good conversation. The door was closed quietly and the ladies all fell into an uncomfortable silence, he let it linger for quite a while before clearing his throat.

“Now, I understand that there were some unkind words flung at our newest addition to the staff earlier today. Grace, I do not hold you personally responsible for this, you cannot be everywhere; however I would like to mention these words also were insulting to MY character. Such actions could see the person or persons responsible with their head neatly separated from their shoulders.” He was lying out his teeth of course, he would never behead someone for such a trivial thing, but they didn’t know that.

All of the girls, except for Grace let out one collective gasp. He pushed right through it as if nothing happened. “Now I’d like to dispel all rumors here and now. There is a very good reason Madi has been taken into my personal service with her obvious lack of skills. I assure you it is not to warm my sheets. She has been the victim of a terrible malady. She has no memory of her home, her family, most anything. So we are taking care of her until such a time that her malady remedies itself. Until then she will learn her craft and the next woman to speak an unkind word to her will be brought to me personally. Ask many of your husbands what happens when you have to stand in front of me for disciplinary action.” A few women gasped, several of their husbands had their over drinking cured by him.

“Now, Grace, if you would be so kind as to prepare the adjacent quarters for Madi? I do not feel it would be appropriate for her to work among people who treat her with such ill will. That will be all, ladies.”

There were a lot of deathly pale faces staring back at him, and everyone was frozen in fear, or reeling from what had just taken place. It was Grace’s loud clap that brought them out of it; most forgetting to curtsy in their haste to get out of his quarters fast enough.

After the door was closed, his back was facing Maddi, but she could see his broad shoulders shaking, it wasn’t until several long seconds later that she heard the soft chuckling begin to come from deep in his chest.

Old 03-13-2017, 09:16 AM   #15
princesssexci
Shameless flirt

Madi watched in slight amazement and slight fear, herself. If she went back to the servants cabins Tilly and the others were certain to take things out on her now. She hadn't expected him to reprimand them this moment or even at all! After all, she was new here.

His words from earlier stuck in her mind. The fact that the man who had purchased her had indeed hoped Madi would become his...what had he called it...his concubine. It touched her that, Prince Robert, by no means had any plans to force her into anything or even had a perverse mind.

Her heart fluttered slightly as he told the women that she'd be staying in the adjacent quarters. Apparently, he'd feared exactly what she was fearing. More mistreatment in an act of vengeance against her. Women were like that and in some ways worst than any war that could be started by men.

As soon as all the women left, Madi curtsied instantly. "Thank you, your majesty. "

There was silence and as she looked up from where she was curtsying she saw that his shoulders were trembling. Was he okay? Perhaps his shoulder was in worse shape than...
It then occurred to her that he was laughing as the deep chuckle rose from his throat.

Did she miss the jest?

"Your majesty?"

Though she couldn't deny that she enjoyed the sound of his laughter.

Old 03-16-2017, 02:06 PM   #16
Firmhanded_Daddy
reborn in flame

He turned toward her, though even as he did so, a wave of dizziness washed over him. He placed a hand on the nearby table to steady himself and eased himself down onto the nearby chair with a weary sigh. He had pushed himself too hard and that he had allowed anyone the see this sign of weakness irritated him to no end.

“You are welcome, Madi”

He raised his face to answer her question at his obvious amusement, obviously she would not understand his amusement. For all anyone knew she was a stranger to these lands and she certainly didn’t know it’s laws now, if ever. “The reason the situation is so funny is because every one of those women know that there has not been a lawful beheading in these lands in their lifetime. Such a grisly punishment would certainly not befit the crimes I outlined, and the last one was 76 years ago, for attempting to assassinate my grandfather. If I read the room correctly, I think they are now more afraid of you than they are of me.”

He shook his head slowly, remembering that wave of dizziness and taking precaution against it. Tempering his voice softly. “Please take no offense when I say this Maddi, but women are strange creatures. You can tell them something plainly and yet they will still read into it their own preconceived notion. I believe all I managed to do there is reinforce that some strange woman has managed to bend my wear and whisper into it. Despite telling the truth, every one of those women believes you are already warming my sheets, despite the fact that I have not even been back long enough to warm them. Mind you half of them have tried and failed Gods I should just fire the whole lot of them and do the work myself, it would be easier.”

That last bit was spoken not really to her, not really to herself, as he rubbed his eyes with his palms. They felt gritty and dry and his head was pounding.

“Alright. I think it is time to get ready to rest. My body is telling me I have quite over extended myself. Would you help me get this shirt off please, Madi? They should have quarters prepared for you shortly, I am sure you are fairly worn out yourself. I cannot imagine your ordeal has been much more kind than mine has. You may either continue learning from Grace who will know better than to treat you poorly, or take the rest of the day to coalesce. That choice is yours. Just know that our mornings are early, and tend to end late, it may take some getting used to, so I advise taking rest where you can get it.”

Old 03-20-2017, 02:02 PM   #17
princesssexci
Shameless flirt

" “Please take no offense when I say this Maddi, but women are strange creatures. You can tell them something plainly and yet they will still read into it their own preconceived notion. I believe all I managed to do there is reinforce that some strange woman has managed to bend my wear and whisper into it. Despite telling the truth, every one of those women believes you are already warming my sheets, despite the fact that I have not even been back long enough to warm them. Mind you half of them have tried and failed Gods I should just fire the whole lot of them and do the work myself, it would be easier.”

She bit her lip and smiled slightly at his words. Unfortunately, he was right. No matter what he said to those women, they'd still hold the belief that they were copulating this very instant. In all honesty, now she could see why he would laugh.

In fact, she began to giggle a bit herself. It was indeed funny, after all. No matter how hard she tried, they'd never respect her as an equal woman. Though a part of her didn't wish to be equal to them. It would mean that she'd sink to their standards.

Prince Roberts voice brought her back to reality as he said that it was time for bed. He was weak and though he tried to hide it, it was rather easy to see. At least, it was easy for her to see.

"Of course, your highness." She responded softly as she moved towards him, gently pulling his tunic off. Her eyes caught sight of his broad muscular shoulders. Madi averted her eyes quickly.

I cannot imagine your ordeal has been much more kind than mine has. You may either continue learning from Grace who will know better than to treat you poorly, or take the rest of the day to coalesce. That choice is yours. Just know that our mornings are early, and tend to end late, it may take some getting used to, so I advise taking rest where you can get it.”

"Yes, your highness."

Madi finished helping him wherever she could in getting ready for bed, before rushing off to find Grace who gave her the same option. 'Work more or rest, the choice is yers.'

She chose to rest.

-flashback-

"Madeleine, you must realize that women of your stature do not worry yourself with war." Her lady in waiting said

"Yes but I'll be queen won't I?"

"My lady you will be queen but ''tis your husband who will have more say in war."

Madeleine was silent. "My lady..."

"My lad--

"My..."

~end flashback~

"Madi!"

Madi jerked awake rubbing the sleep from her eyes. "Prince Robert has been awaiting your presence. Lucky you are, e' let ya sleep in..."

Madi nodded her head silently trying to recall her dream but nothing. As she prepped herself, she made her way to the Prince's quarters and gently knocked.

Old 03-31-2017, 11:32 PM   #18
Firmhanded_Daddy
reborn in flame

For not the first time he noted the gentleness in Madi’s touch. That left him with a sense of calm washing over his body. He actually found himself enjoying the occasional brush of her fingertips over his skin, and that was dangerous. He really could see himself letting his guard down around this beautiful, kind hearted woman, and that left him feeling slightly afraid. He didn’t want that vulnerability; he couldn’t afford it. He had little doubt there were spies in his court, that was why he worked so hard to keep the world outside of his soul. Spies would report any lovers he took back to their masters and despite his hard exterior he was a kind soul himself. If someone he cared for were to come to harm because of his aspirations he was not sure he could recover from such a thing, and then his great goals would turn to ashes.

As she helped him to bed, he seemed to turn inward, thoughtful, and said little other than to quietly dismiss her for the day. He settled into the sheets and despite his exhaustion and weakness rest did not come easily. Her eyes haunted him every time he closed his, and he could not find the peace to rest. Finally he had to occupy himself with something that did relax him, make him feel at ease. He closed his eyes and visualized himself on the practice field. He ran through the sword forms in his head, with a practice blade in hand. He moved through the forms with ease, his muscles knew them as well as his mind, he had been training since early childhood. Slowly thoughts of Madi, and what if’s began to fade, and exhaustion began to claim him.

Or so he thought…

*Dream*

He felt her warmth enveloping his rigid length with each new, hungry thrust. He let out a low, hungry groan of pleasure as his eyes rolled back into his skull, and then slammed shut. Greedily he grasped one of her full breasts in his hands, kneading it roughly.

”Yes! Please M’lord. Cum for me. Give me your seed. I belong to you. Please…”

The pleading urgency in her voice, the way her walls contracted around his prick completely undid him. He felt fire surging through his veins as he pulled her close; growling her name in between spasms of pleasure as he did as she asked.
Time seemed to lose meaning and they were sleeping, he was dimly aware of her body against him. Their nude figures mingled together in mutual, tender satisfaction and slumber had been a most beautiful way to drift off to sleep. They had been lovers for months now, and it was getting harder to keep it a secret from the castle staff.

He was in love, and so was she, and it was the most magnificent thing in the world. He no longer treated her like a servant behind closed doors, but like who she was, the woman he loved. She served him now not because she had to, but because she wanted to care for him; that knowledge was rewarding. He had offered to - He started awake as he sensed her moving and heard a muffled scream.

The long knife he kept beneath his pillow was out in a flash and gleamed in the moonlight, he leapt to his feet and was immediately struck hard in the stomach. The air rushed out of him in a whoosh but his training kicked in and he did not collapse, or buckle. Instead he slashed out and took a chunk out of the main whom had attacked him, a large ugly gash drawn across the left thigh. The other man was not as well trained, he cried out and fell to a knee.

Hot blood splashed over Roberts face and he prepared to deliver the killing blow but stopped as a voice broke harshly through the night air. “Robert, if you kill him I start taking pieces off your girl here.”

So he didn’t kill him. He drove the pommel down hard on the man’s skull and he melted to the ground, and in the same motion he took the unconscious man’s sword. He whirled and turned to face the man holding Madi and the look on his face spoke volumes. Madi had never seen him in combat, well real combat. This was not just normal combat, they were threatening the woman he loved. He was not his normal calm, collected self, he was like a feral animal and there was death in his eyes. He clearly cared nothing for his own life, his only goal was to make sure Madi got out of this room alive. When he spoke, it was a voice that was so cold, it was like the air of a tomb.

“You will never make it out of this room alive if you harm her, I will not stop there. I will hunt down everyone you have ever loved, everyone in your line and burn it all to the ground. “ He paused, deftly shifting the long bladed knife in his hand so that he could throw it; as the man had the bed and Madi between him and Robert. “However if you let her go, and tell me who hired you I will let you, and only you walk out of here. Your friend here is dead already, he assaulted a member of the royal family. That cannot slide. You however can buy your ticket to freedom, and life. Or you can die in this room.”

He turned to look into Madi’s eyes. His voice softened. “It’ll be ok Madi. I love you.”

The man behind her was being careful to keep her between him and the Prince to make sure the Prince could not lunge and stab him. His swordsmanship was legendary. He chuckled quietly in reply. “I’m not worried, I already have a way out. I plan to take her with me.” He looked into the Prince’s eyes and gave a smirk. “You think I would have walked into here without a plan?”

Robert moved like a bolt of lightning. The movement was so quick it caught Madi’s would be abductor completely off guard. He flung the knife with strength born of a murderous rage. The blade struck cleanly and sunk hilt deep into his eye socket. His whole body quivered with the impact. As death reached out to claim Madi’s attacker, he got his revenge. He drew the blade he had been holding across Madi’s throat, and slit it wide open, her life’s blood came flowing out. Her eyes flew open with surprise, and she fell to the bed, holding her neck.

“Madi!”

He leaped over to her, tears spilling over his face as he desperately wrapped his large hands around her throat. Looking down into her eyes as he tried to will her to live through the horrible injury, even though he had enough knowledge to know her chances of surviving were almost impossible. “I’m so sorry! I failed you.. I failed…”

He jerked awake with tears in his eyes, wiping them away irritably, shaking off the terror of the dream with a shudder.

He rose gingerly out of bed and checked his poultice. It would need to be changed, he had bled through the bandage, likely thrashing through the night. It was amazing he had slept as long as he did, he looked out the window and it was already sun up.

He walked over to the wardrobe, and struggled into some loose fitting clothing, then sent a runner to go wake Madi.

A little while later she arrived and he had a hard time looking at her. He gave her a weak smile and forced out “Good morning. We have a lot to do today, so best be about it. First things first. Head down to the kitchen and fetch some breakfast, then we need to change my dressing. Once that is done we need to get me ready to attend a meeting of nobles to brief them on the results of my campaign.”

Old 04-04-2017, 09:41 AM   #19
princesssexci
Shameless flirt

As soon as she stepped into the Prince's cabin she noticed immediately that he seemed flustered as Prince Robert avoided eye contact before smiling nervously at her as if he'd been caught stealing. Part of her wondered if she'd come at the wrong time even though she'd been called. Perhaps he'd been taking care of his more......primal needs.

She immediately shook those thoughts from her mind. "Yes you're highness." Madi said in response to his directions. Quickly, she did as was directed grabbing him a piece of bread along with the brightest of fruits. Today, the other servant girls though they looked at her said nothing ill, which now Madi could see the humor in it all. They were all afraid and truly there was nothing to fear.

Yet they didn't know that and she wouldn't be the one to tell them, that was for certain. In fact, a few of the girls even greeted her kindly. She grabbed herself her own piece of bread stashing it in the pocket of her dress and then made her way back to the Prince's cabin avoiding all eye contact with any of the sea men whilst they lewdly eyed her.

Once she reached his cabin, she gently knocked when the Prince let her back inside she set the tray of food on the table and began preparing to redress his wound, taking it off once he'd sat down and doing her best not to be ill about it. Madi would never admit this outloud but she probably had the weakest stomach of all servant girls. It was surprising that she'd managed to clean him the night before. Adrenaline, perhaps?

"Did you sleep well, your highness?" She said as she fixed up the medicinal herbs as he'd directed the night before and began cleaning the wound near his ribs. "I slept like a dream." Madi was trying to distract herself from the dried up blood.

Old 04-10-2017, 02:20 AM   #20
Firmhanded_Daddy
reborn in flame

There was an awkward moment between them, then Madi left to attend to her duties. He began looking through his clothing while she left, trying to shake the dark thoughts from his mind as he turned his thoughts to today, and the trying tasks the day would bring.

He pulled out a crimson high collared shirt inlaid with silver thread a depiction of their house crest, a soaring falcon clutching a hammer. He pulled out a pair of grey slacks to go with it and high topped supple leather boots. As he was finishing this task Madi was knocking to be let back in. He strode across the room and opened the door for her, knowing that her hands were likely full.

She set the tray down and began unwinding the bindings of his wound, he looked down at it, despite having bled some, the wound looked better today, the blood was dried and it looked to be starting to heal. Good.

"Did you sleep well, your highness?"

He shook his head slowly and cleared his throat. “I don’t think so. My dreams were dark and troubled…” He fell silent for a moment after that, apparently not interested in divulging any more than that about them. “I’ll have you prepare the poultice this morning, I’ll mix the herbs, all you will need to do is grind it, and prepare it on the bandage. We can let it breath for a moment”

As the wound was unwrapped and cleaned he stood still, then quietly he spoke “Thank you Madi. I am glad you slept well. Are the staff treating you any better today?”

He disengaged from her and strode toward the table and began mixing the herbs into the mortar and set the pestle down beside it. Then he settled down and began to pick at the food. He was eating sparsely at first, but then he started to force himself to eat and eventually he found his appetite as he forced the dark thoughts away.

Old 05-01-2017, 09:14 AM   #21
princesssexci
Shameless flirt

“Thank you Madi. I am glad you slept well. Are the staff treating you any better today?”

Madi looked up at him as he mixed the poultice and slowly nodded her head.

"Yes, well--in truth they haven't said much to me since last night. I suppose that's better than being picked on isn't it." Even though she was asking a question, it was more rhetorical than anything.

He'd said his dreams were dark and troubled, she was almost curious enough to ask him what occurred in his night visions but thought that mayhap that was too personal for a servant to ask.

She'd already gotten personal enough with him last night. She watched quietly as he went from barely eating to slowly gaining more of his appetite. She'd busier herself with making his bed.

"Those dreams must've been darker than I thought...." she mumbled to herself though at first she thought she'd been thinking to herself. She blushed and ducked her head. "Sorry ''twas not my place, your highness." She paused and then quickly changed the subject,"Shall I rebandage you up?"

Old 06-15-2017, 11:10 AM   #22
Firmhanded_Daddy
reborn in flame

He nodded his head to her response. He had not expected the servants to exactly embrace her warmly after last night. He had hoped for better than for them to treat her like a leper, but it seems that hope was in vain.

He forced a little more food down, but found that he could only eat so much food when it tasted like ashes in his mouth.

She mused about his dreams being darker than she thought, and he chose not to acknowledge the comment. Instead when she changed the subject, he rose from the table. “yes, I need to get a start to the day.”

He walked next to where the supplies for the bandages were and awaited Madi’s ministrations.

Old 06-22-2017, 05:21 PM   #23
princesssexci
Shameless flirt

Maddie slowly pushed any thoughts away as her prince--the prince told her he had things to attend to. That meant to not dally, didn't it? She bit her lip and rushed to his side and began to quickly yet efficiently rebandage his wounds with great care. There was an odd awkward silence between the two. He seemed to close himself off when she continued to mention the dream. It must've been worse than what she imagined and Maddie made a mental note to never speak of it again.

She finished placing the bandages and stepped back. "I do hope I did it correctly, firm but not overly so." Maddie pursed her lips and stepped back. "I shall gather your dishes and then return to make your bed if there is nothing else you require of me, your highness." She curtsied, though the way she curtsied was that of a princess and not of a servant, not as low to the ground.

It was the same curtsy she'd given the night before that her superior had fussed at her about. Once she stood, she walked towards the table and began gathering the food, giving the prince glances every now and again. It was no wonder all the other servant girls fawned over him.

He truly was handsome. If she'd been a princess she could imagine trying to be courted by...

She shook her head and tucked her hair behind her ear. " I shall return shortly your highness." Hurrying to the kitchen, she set the plates near the sink where the dish washer could commence his duties and then back to the Prince's quarters, knocking gently. When she was allowed back in, she began making his bed quietly.