Old 08-22-2012, 10:42 PM   #1251
o_so_wet
Beach Babe :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradBigBrain View Post
It has been interesting. I'm glad to be able to fill in.

Since neruda shares stuff about himself, I'll tell you one. It's not really a big secret or anything it's just something deeply personal.

I had an illness that rendered me incapable of fathering children. At the time it really wasn't that huge of a deal, but in retrospect it sure was. Sometimes people with children look down their noses at those of us who don't have them and that's painful. They have no clue about any of the circumstances surrounding us being childless. They judge me.

Most people tell me that I'd have been a tremendous father. I can only smile and know that I'll never know.

(((Hugs))) BBB. For me, it was a choice that I made because bringing children into my world, at the time that they would have had two parents, would have been detrimental to the children. In a way, I can empathize with what you feel.

Old 08-22-2012, 10:44 PM   #1252
NymphMyosotis
Kissing the Stars

Quote:

Since neruda shares stuff about himself, I'll tell you one. It's not really a big secret or anything it's just something deeply personal.

I had an illness that rendered me incapable of fathering children. At the time it really wasn't that huge of a deal, but in retrospect it sure was. Sometimes people with children look down their noses at those of us who don't have them and that's painful. They have no clue about any of the circumstances surrounding us being childless. They judge me.

Most people tell me that I'd have been a tremendous father. I can only smile and know that I'll never know.
Hugs..Life has many challenges set for us I think, and we have to make the best out of what we are given. You would have been a wonderful father, I am sure of that, as I am sure that you have other things that others may desire..like love.

For far too long I have dreamed my life, escaping into what could be, but I have now decided that it's time to start living my dream. No more walls.

Old 08-22-2012, 10:52 PM   #1253
BradBigBrain
I'm a blanket with elbows

Quote:
Originally Posted by o_so_wet View Post

(((Hugs))) BBB. For me, it was a choice that I made because bringing children into my world, at the time that they would have had two parents, would have been detrimental to the children. In a way, I can empathize with what you feel.
I've got friends who are childless by choice, too. He's says it's because he'd be a psycho as a dad. It's a tough choice either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NymphMyosotis View Post
Hugs..Life has many challenges set for us I think, and we have to make the best out of what we are given. You would have been a wonderful father, I am sure of that, as I am sure that you have other things that others may desire..like love.
That's true. I am lucky to be loved. I've got a ton of nieces and nephews. I'm the f-bomb-dropping uncle who razzes their parents.

Old 08-22-2012, 10:54 PM   #1254
njoyndesire
Back as FunluvinAJ

Quote:

awww sweetie... we've talked about this and i know how it hurts your heart... i love you... *hugs you tight*

Old 08-22-2012, 10:57 PM   #1255
njoyndesire
Back as FunluvinAJ

Quote:
I've got friends who are childless by choice, too. He's says it's because he'd be a psycho as a dad. It's a tough choice either way.

That's true. I am lucky to be loved. I've got a ton of nieces and nephews. I'm the f-bomb-dropping uncle who razzes their parents.
and an amazing partner to share the joy of your life and sadly that pain of not having children... to look into another person's eyes and no beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are their everything... (even when you want to bash them upside the head later that night) well... it's hard to measure...

*hugs you again just cause*

Old 08-22-2012, 10:57 PM   #1256
BradBigBrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by njoyndesire View Post
awww sweetie... we've talked about this and i know how it hurts your heart... i love you... *hugs you tight*
Thanks, love!

Old 08-22-2012, 11:44 PM   #1257
tiedtits4me
Trying not to drown

Quote:

I am so sorry.
I hate how people judge. It's not a choice for everyone and to make comments without thinking that perhaps there's some other reason that they don't have children annoys me.
I don't know if you're married or not but what about adoption?

"Sometimes I feel that you shouldn't be in this harsh uncaring unfair world we're in. Cause your too fragile and precious"

There are battle scars imbedded in my skin from the wars I've fought.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:47 PM   #1258
BradBigBrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiedtits4me View Post
I am so sorry.
I hate how people judge. It's not a choice for everyone and to make comments without thinking that perhaps there's some other reason that they don't have children annoys me.
I don't know if you're married or not but what about adoption?
I've a million stories about all the stuff we tried. Suffice to say it just never happened.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:58 PM   #1259
LoveToLurk
Literotica Guru

Quote:
I've a million stories about all the stuff we tried. Suffice to say it just never happened.
Oh BBB, I'm so sorry to hear about this loss for you two. I have NO doubt that you're the "f" bomb dropping uncle! My heart goes out to your both on this. I'm sure that folks have made many well meaning, stupid comments to you guys about this over the years. Ugh. Sending hugs to both of you. ((((hugs))))
“May you always have enough happiness to keep you sweet; enough trials to keep you strong; enough success to keep you eager; enough faith to give you courage; and enough determination to make each day a good day.” Chinese Blessing

Old 08-23-2012, 12:14 AM   #1260
Kat73
More than a handfull...

Quote:
40s Male
-I order Pizza online and in the special instructions box, I put things like "draw a unicorn", "dance the samba" or "tell me your favorite line from Ghostbusters". I won't order pizza from places that don't play along........

Not salacious, just stupid.......lol
I so want to try this... but we never order pizza! DAMN!

Jessie and Julie Jessie and Julie Ch 2

A Surprise Affair A Surprise Affair Ch2

Bookstore Seduction Sex on the Beach Twist of Fate A Night Out Rendezvous The Hike

Lit is like a ride at an amusement park. You get all worked up waiting in line, you get on and all the twists and turns and loops excite you and make you sick at the same time, you get off thinking that was the last time and get right back in line again...
. http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/...ps397b29fa.jpg (thanks Munky)

Old 08-23-2012, 12:16 AM   #1261
BradBigBrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToLurk View Post
Oh BBB, I'm so sorry to hear about this loss for you two. I have NO doubt that you're the "f" bomb dropping uncle! My heart goes out to your both on this. I'm sure that folks have made many well meaning, stupid comments to you guys about this over the years. Ugh. Sending hugs to both of you. ((((hugs))))
The comments have stopped mostly. We used to get the all-knowing "there's still time" comments a lot. Really? Do you think I want to be teaching a 16 YO how to drive when I'm 60? Or be finishing up putting her through college when I'm 64? Walk her down the aisle when I'm 70? Miss the birth of my first grandchild because statistically there's a possibility I'd be dead?

Old 08-23-2012, 12:16 AM   #1262
JennyNo1
Little Red Riding Boobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat73 View Post
I so want to try this... but we never order pizza! DAMN!
If you order, I'll come over and eat it for you! (Hi, Kat! )

There is nothing more rare, nor more beautiful, than a woman being unapologetically herself; comfortable in her perfect imperfection. To me, that is the true essence of beauty. Steve Maraboli

Make yourself at home at Jenny's new place!

Old 08-23-2012, 12:21 AM   #1263
Kat73
More than a handfull...

Quote:

Hugs my friend. I have talked about this with your lovely wife... Tight hugs for you both.

Jessie and Julie Jessie and Julie Ch 2

A Surprise Affair A Surprise Affair Ch2

Bookstore Seduction Sex on the Beach Twist of Fate A Night Out Rendezvous The Hike

Lit is like a ride at an amusement park. You get all worked up waiting in line, you get on and all the twists and turns and loops excite you and make you sick at the same time, you get off thinking that was the last time and get right back in line again...
. http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/...ps397b29fa.jpg (thanks Munky)

Old 08-23-2012, 12:25 AM   #1264
BradBigBrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat73 View Post
Hugs my friend. I have talked about this with your lovely wife... Tight hugs for you both.
Thanks, sweetie!

Old 08-23-2012, 12:26 AM   #1265
WolfsButterfly
THE Mrs. S.D.C. :D

Quote:
The comments have stopped mostly. We used to get the all-knowing "there's still time" comments a lot. Really? Do you think I want to be teaching a 16 YO how to drive when I'm 60? Or be finishing up putting her through college when I'm 64? Walk her down the aisle when I'm 70? Miss the birth of my first grandchild because statistically there's a possibility I'd be dead?
There really is still time haha my dad was 55 when I was born and passed away about 7yrs ago at the age of 85 so he got to see me get married and have kids and all that

So Sweet

My Stories

"Sweet dreams when you get there..." Me =)

http://enchantedladybug.wordpress.com/
~Yes, I am shamelessly plugging respeito's work because it is freaking AMAZING!

What's the definition of "Endless Love"? ~Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles playing tennis

Fucking HAWT!~Borrowed from the GIF thread but too yummy not to share.

Old 08-23-2012, 12:30 AM   #1266
BradBigBrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsButterfly View Post
There really is still time haha my dad was 55 when I was born and passed away about 7yrs ago at the age of 85 so he got to see me get married and have kids and all that
If I start now and that process takes 3 years and I do that twice because I'd not want to have just one child....

Really? Do you think I want to be teaching a 16 YO how to drive when I'm 76? Or be finishing up putting her through college when I'm 80? Walk her down the aisle when I'm 86? Miss the birth of my first grandchild because statistically there's a possibility I'd be dead?

Old 08-23-2012, 12:32 AM   #1267
WolfsButterfly

Quote:
If I start now and that process takes 3 years and I do that twice because I'd not want to have just one child....

Really? Do you think I want to be teaching a 16 YO how to drive when I'm 76? Or be finishing up putting her through college when I'm 80? Walk her down the aisle when I'm 86? Miss the birth of my first grandchild because statistically there's a possibility I'd be dead?
My younger brother came along when he was 58

So Sweet

My Stories

What's the definition of "Endless Love"? ~Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles playing tennis

Old 08-23-2012, 12:37 AM   #1268
BradBigBrain

Quote:
My younger brother came along when he was 58
And your mom was the same age?

Old 08-23-2012, 12:40 AM   #1269
NymphMyosotis
Kissing the Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by njoyndesire View Post
and an amazing partner to share the joy of your life and sadly that pain of not having children... to look into another person's eyes and no beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are their everything... (even when you want to bash them upside the head later that night) well... it's hard to measure...

*hugs you again just cause*
How many people wish they had a love like that, me included. You guys are beyond lucky to have each other.

For far too long I have dreamed my life, escaping into what could be, but I have now decided that it's time to start living my dream. No more walls.

Old 08-23-2012, 12:47 AM   #1270
lacandy
Literotica Guru

Quote:

I'm late offering up my empathy to you on this one handsome! And I say "empathy" not sympathy, because I know exactly what you went through. This isn't a "secret" per se but husband and I spent YEARS doing all of the medical testing, the medical treatments, adoption preparation...etc - it is hard enough to deal with this stuff between you and your spouse, let alone getting everyone else's opinions on it too.

It took us 9 years to finally have our first (second showed up 10 months later!) but those 9 years tested our marriage, and many friendships...so I do understand.

Big hugs for you BBB and just be the best "cool" uncle in the world (because you are very cool!)

Old 08-23-2012, 12:50 AM   #1271
BradBigBrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacandy View Post
I'm late offering up my empathy to you on this one handsome! And I say "empathy" not sympathy, because I know exactly what you went through. This isn't a "secret" per se but husband and I spent YEARS doing all of the medical testing, the medical treatments, adoption preparation...etc - it is hard enough to deal with this stuff between you and your spouse, let alone getting everyone else's opinions on it too.

It took us 9 years to finally have our first (second showed up 10 months later!) but those 9 years tested our marriage, and many friendships...so I do understand.

Big hugs for you BBB and just be the best "cool" uncle in the world (because you are very cool!)
Thanks, I really appreciate it.

Old 08-23-2012, 12:52 AM   #1272
WolfsButterfly

Quote:
And your mom was the same age?
My mom and dad had a 22yr age gap between them. She was 33 when I was born and 36 when my little bro came along. We were her 5 & 6th kids (although her first four were by her first husband, he was the same age as my dad but passed away in 72)

So Sweet

My Stories

Old 08-23-2012, 12:54 AM   #1273
BradBigBrain

Quote:
My mom and dad had a 22yr age gap between them. She was 33 when I was born and 36 when my little bro came along. We were her 5 & 6th kids (although her first four were by her first husband, he was the same age as my dad but passed away in 72)
There's a 2 year gap with us. I think that's a lot different than my situation.

Old 08-23-2012, 12:55 AM   #1274
WolfsButterfly

Quote:
There's a 2 year gap with us. I think that's a lot different than my situation.
Just trying to offer encouragement, sometimes ya just gotta tell me to shut the heck up

So Sweet

My Stories

Old 08-23-2012, 12:58 AM   #1275
BradBigBrain

Quote:
Just trying to offer encouragement, sometimes ya just gotta tell me to shut the heck up
Thanks, but I wouldn't do that.