Old 07-28-2014, 10:31 AM   #1
Queersetti
Bicontinental
 
Queersetti's Avatar
 
Queersetti is offline
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Solid Blue Maine
Posts: 30,910
Equinoxe.

Please do me 2 favors.

First, stick around.

Second, tell Laurel that I found you in a bar in some tropical port somewhere and convinced you to come back.
__________________
~Q

Welcome to the General Board, an anti-social media forum.
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2014, 10:41 AM   #2
ms_ann_thrope
Cumslinger
 
ms_ann_thrope's Avatar
 
ms_ann_thrope is offline
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dusty roads
Posts: 12,951
Nothing like starting out a relationship in the hole.
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2014, 10:49 AM   #3
Equinoxe
Not a pod person
 
Equinoxe's Avatar
 
Equinoxe is offline
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sunny San Serriffe
Posts: 12,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queersetti View Post
Please do me 2 favors.

First, stick around.

Second, tell Laurel that I found you in a bar in some tropical port somewhere and convinced you to come back.
I'll see what I can do; I am already posting far more than I originally intended when I first returned. And I did tell Fata the other day that I would make a [limited] return if someone could correctly guess the song stuck in my head (which has yet to happen).

On a challenge rating scale of 1 to 10, I give it a 7.5, if 1 is something clichédly catchy like "It's a Small World" or the Theme to the Andy Griffith Show and 10 is, I don't know, say M.L. West's reconstruction of the Hurrian Hymn to Nikkal or the musical rendition of William Cullen Bryant's "Thanatopsis" from the Space Ghost Coast-to-Coast episode "Terminal".

also,
[in a monotone voice like a hostage being forced to read propaganda]
Laurel, Q found me in a bar in some tropical port somewhere and convinced me to come back.
__________________
Founding member of "The Society of Persons Who Often Respond to Things Which Are Obviously Jokes in a Serious Manner, and Occasionally Respond to Things Which are Not Jokes in Any Way in a Manner Somewhat Less Serious Than Their Nature Might Reasonably Be Thought to Require"
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2014, 11:28 AM   #4
ms_ann_thrope
Cumslinger
 
ms_ann_thrope's Avatar
 
ms_ann_thrope is offline
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dusty roads
Posts: 12,951
Are we supposed to be guessing? I'm thinking something by Elvis.
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2014, 11:44 AM   #5
ms_ann_thrope
Cumslinger
 
ms_ann_thrope's Avatar
 
ms_ann_thrope is offline
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dusty roads
Posts: 12,951
Am I warm?
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2014, 11:56 AM   #6
Equinoxe
Not a pod person
 
Equinoxe's Avatar
 
Equinoxe is offline
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sunny San Serriffe
Posts: 12,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_ann_thrope View Post
Are we supposed to be guessing? I'm thinking something by Elvis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_ann_thrope View Post
Am I warm?
You are supposed to be doing whatever you feel is best. I have confidence in you. I have faith in you. I … don't know you.


And, for the record, not especially, no.
__________________
Founding member of "The Society of Persons Who Often Respond to Things Which Are Obviously Jokes in a Serious Manner, and Occasionally Respond to Things Which are Not Jokes in Any Way in a Manner Somewhat Less Serious Than Their Nature Might Reasonably Be Thought to Require"
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2014, 12:09 PM   #7
Queersetti
Bicontinental
 
Queersetti's Avatar
 
Queersetti is offline
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Solid Blue Maine
Posts: 30,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinoxe View Post
I'll see what I can do; I am already posting far more than I originally intended when I first returned. And I did tell Fata the other day that I would make a [limited] return if someone could correctly guess the song stuck in my head (which has yet to happen).

On a challenge rating scale of 1 to 10, I give it a 7.5, if 1 is something clichédly catchy like "It's a Small World" or the Theme to the Andy Griffith Show and 10 is, I don't know, say M.L. West's reconstruction of the Hurrian Hymn to Nikkal or the musical rendition of William Cullen Bryant's "Thanatopsis" from the Space Ghost Coast-to-Coast episode "Terminal".

also,
[in a monotone voice like a hostage being forced to read propaganda]
Laurel, Q found me in a bar in some tropical port somewhere and convinced me to come back.
Damn, I was going to guess the Thanatopsis. I guess I'll have to go with my second choice, the Rooftop Singers version of "Walk Right In".

Thanks on the Laurel thing. When I came back from my hiatus, she requested that I send word back to wherever the smart ex-posters were hiding and implore them to come back. So, this makes me look good, and now maybe she'll give me the power to change people's avs.
__________________
~Q

Welcome to the General Board, an anti-social media forum.
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2014, 12:15 PM   #8
Lorilei
smoke and mirrors
 
Lorilei's Avatar
 
Lorilei is offline
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: jawja
Posts: 23,572
I'm guessing "One Night in Bangkok".
__________________
"I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet." ~ Gandhi

“If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it.”
― Stephen Colbert
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2014, 12:17 PM   #9
Queersetti
Bicontinental
 
Queersetti's Avatar
 
Queersetti is offline
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Solid Blue Maine
Posts: 30,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinoxe View Post
[in a monotone voice like a hostage being forced to read propaganda]
Laurel, Q found me in a bar in some tropical port somewhere and convinced me to come back.
Actually, that may not be necessary, as it appears Laurel may have found that bar already, herself.
__________________
~Q

Welcome to the General Board, an anti-social media forum.
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2014, 12:25 PM   #10
Equinoxe
Not a pod person
 
Equinoxe's Avatar
 
Equinoxe is offline
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sunny San Serriffe
Posts: 12,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queersetti View Post
Damn, I was going to guess the Thanatopsis. I guess I'll have to go with my second choice, the Rooftop Singers version of "Walk Right In".

Thanks on the Laurel thing. When I came back from my hiatus, she requested that I send word back to wherever the smart ex-posters were hiding and implore them to come back. So, this makes me look good, and now maybe she'll give me the power to change people's avs.
In retrospect, it does seem far too obvious a choice to merit a challenge rating of 10, but, alas, that die has been cast and the scale is set.

But sadly no, 'tis not any version of "Walk Right In".

You are welcome (and thank you!), I must admit I had wondered why you asked—tragically Laurel seems to have disappeared since. A mystery is afoot. I trust you will use your power wisely should she reappear and grant you it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilei
I'm guessing "One Night in Bangkok".
Also, sadly no. Nor is it anything else sung by Murray Head, or containing songs sung by him, nor any other version of anything of which there is a version which features him.
__________________
Founding member of "The Society of Persons Who Often Respond to Things Which Are Obviously Jokes in a Serious Manner, and Occasionally Respond to Things Which are Not Jokes in Any Way in a Manner Somewhat Less Serious Than Their Nature Might Reasonably Be Thought to Require"

Last edited by Equinoxe : 07-29-2014 at 02:05 AM. Reason: I did not edit this post. Any claim that I edited this post will be subject to legal action.
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2014, 12:25 PM   #11
ms_ann_thrope
Cumslinger
 
ms_ann_thrope's Avatar
 
ms_ann_thrope is offline
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dusty roads
Posts: 12,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinoxe View Post
You are supposed to be doing whatever you feel is best. I have confidence in you. I have faith in you. I … don't know you.


And, for the record, not especially, no.
I'm called a lot of things but you can call me Ann. What I do best is piss people off. I was trying something different...but, oh well.

Everly Brothers?
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2014, 12:28 PM   #12
Equinoxe
Not a pod person
 
Equinoxe's Avatar
 
Equinoxe is offline
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sunny San Serriffe
Posts: 12,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_ann_thrope View Post
I'm called a lot of things but you can call me Ann. What I do best is piss people off. I was trying something different...but, oh well.

Everly Brothers?
These things happen sometimes.

Sadly, also no. Although you are vaguely on the right track in the sense that the artist in question's name begins with the letter E.
__________________
Founding member of "The Society of Persons Who Often Respond to Things Which Are Obviously Jokes in a Serious Manner, and Occasionally Respond to Things Which are Not Jokes in Any Way in a Manner Somewhat Less Serious Than Their Nature Might Reasonably Be Thought to Require"
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2014, 12:31 PM   #13
ms_ann_thrope
Cumslinger
 
ms_ann_thrope's Avatar
 
ms_ann_thrope is offline
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dusty roads
Posts: 12,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinoxe View Post
These things happen sometimes.

Sadly, also no. Although you are vaguely on the right track in the sense that the artist in question's name begins with the letter E.
I've got it. Sweet Dreams.

Some of them want to abuse you
Some of them want to be abused.
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2014, 11:26 PM   #14
Equinoxe
Not a pod person
 
Equinoxe's Avatar
 
Equinoxe is offline
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sunny San Serriffe
Posts: 12,364
Oh, and for the record, the correct answer was the recurrent leitmotif used throughout Ennio Morricone's soundtrack to The Mission, as, in particular, featured in the track "Gabriel's Oboe".

But it's good that noöne cares. You'll all be less sad when I die.
__________________
Founding member of "The Society of Persons Who Often Respond to Things Which Are Obviously Jokes in a Serious Manner, and Occasionally Respond to Things Which are Not Jokes in Any Way in a Manner Somewhat Less Serious Than Their Nature Might Reasonably Be Thought to Require"
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2014, 11:30 PM   #15
Garnate
Busy-ass female
 
Garnate's Avatar
 
Garnate is offline
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: VA
Posts: 13,736
Has anyone ever seen Laurel or Equi post in the same room at the same time??





I think I'm on to something here.
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-29-2014, 12:09 AM   #16
Equinoxe
Not a pod person
 
Equinoxe's Avatar
 
Equinoxe is offline
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sunny San Serriffe
Posts: 12,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnate View Post
Has anyone ever seen Laurel or Equi post in the same room at the same time??





I think I'm on to something here.
Some widely-believed facts:
Laurel was a regular poster in the early days. I was not. [Editor's note: the second half of this fact was not so widely-believed in early 2005.]
I was a regular poster between January 2005 and April 2009. Laurel was not.
After I left, at some point Laurel began posting again.
I came back, and shortly thereafter Laurel disappeared.
__________________
Founding member of "The Society of Persons Who Often Respond to Things Which Are Obviously Jokes in a Serious Manner, and Occasionally Respond to Things Which are Not Jokes in Any Way in a Manner Somewhat Less Serious Than Their Nature Might Reasonably Be Thought to Require"
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-29-2014, 12:11 AM   #17
Garnate
Busy-ass female
 
Garnate's Avatar
 
Garnate is offline
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: VA
Posts: 13,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinoxe View Post
Some widely-believed facts:
Laurel was a regular poster in the early days. I was not. [Editor's note: the second half of this fact was not so widely-believed in early 2005.]
I was a regular poster between January 2005 and April 2009. Laurel was not.
After I left, at some point Laurel began posting again.
I came back, and shortly thereafter Laurel disappeared.
Very suspicious.........I think all of this adds up to you actually being *dramatic pause*.......Manu! I freaking KNEW it!
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-29-2014, 12:21 AM   #18
Equinoxe
Not a pod person
 
Equinoxe's Avatar
 
Equinoxe is offline
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sunny San Serriffe
Posts: 12,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnate View Post
Very suspicious.........I think all of this adds up to you actually being *dramatic pause*.......Manu! I freaking KNEW it!
♫ dun dun DUN ♫

Yes, everything about Laurel was a red herring. It was nothing but misdirection.
__________________
Founding member of "The Society of Persons Who Often Respond to Things Which Are Obviously Jokes in a Serious Manner, and Occasionally Respond to Things Which are Not Jokes in Any Way in a Manner Somewhat Less Serious Than Their Nature Might Reasonably Be Thought to Require"
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-29-2014, 12:24 AM   #19
Garnate
Busy-ass female
 
Garnate's Avatar
 
Garnate is offline
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: VA
Posts: 13,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinoxe View Post
♫ dun dun DUN ♫

Yes, everything about Laurel was a red herring. It was nothing but misdirection.
Another gold star for Garnate! Did you know I also figured out that Yoda was really Luke's father the whole time?? Didn't even need to finish the movie; I just knew.
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-29-2014, 12:27 AM   #20
Saint Peter
Literotica Guru
 
Saint Peter's Avatar
 
Saint Peter is offline
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 68,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinoxe View Post
noøne
fyp

yw
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-29-2014, 12:33 AM   #21
Equinoxe
Not a pod person
 
Equinoxe's Avatar
 
Equinoxe is offline
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sunny San Serriffe
Posts: 12,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnate View Post
Another gold star for Garnate! Did you know I also figured out that Yoda was really Luke's father the whole time?? Didn't even need to finish the movie; I just knew.
Amazing!

The most shocking twist of all, though: the actor playing Han Solo—it turns out it was Harrison Ford the whole time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Peter
fyp

yw.
ty
__________________
Founding member of "The Society of Persons Who Often Respond to Things Which Are Obviously Jokes in a Serious Manner, and Occasionally Respond to Things Which are Not Jokes in Any Way in a Manner Somewhat Less Serious Than Their Nature Might Reasonably Be Thought to Require"

Last edited by Equinoxe : 07-29-2014 at 12:37 AM. Reason: For formality purposes.
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-29-2014, 12:34 AM   #22
Saint Peter
Literotica Guru
 
Saint Peter's Avatar
 
Saint Peter is offline
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 68,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinoxe View Post




ty
at

...
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-29-2014, 12:41 AM   #23
Equinoxe
Not a pod person
 
Equinoxe's Avatar
 
Equinoxe is offline
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sunny San Serriffe
Posts: 12,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Peter View Post
at

...
Wa alaykum salaam.
__________________
Founding member of "The Society of Persons Who Often Respond to Things Which Are Obviously Jokes in a Serious Manner, and Occasionally Respond to Things Which are Not Jokes in Any Way in a Manner Somewhat Less Serious Than Their Nature Might Reasonably Be Thought to Require"
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-29-2014, 12:47 AM   #24
Saint Peter
Literotica Guru
 
Saint Peter's Avatar
 
Saint Peter is offline
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 68,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinoxe View Post
Wa alaykum salaam.


Thank you.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:59 PM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.