Old 07-28-2014, 10:31 AM   #1
Queersetti
Bicontinental

Equinoxe.

Please do me 2 favors.

First, stick around.

Second, tell Laurel that I found you in a bar in some tropical port somewhere and convinced you to come back.

Welcome to the General Board, an anti-social media forum.

Old 07-28-2014, 10:41 AM   #2
ms_ann_thrope
Cumslinger

Nothing like starting out a relationship in the hole.

Old 07-28-2014, 10:49 AM   #3
Equinoxe
Not a pod person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queersetti View Post
Please do me 2 favors.

First, stick around.

Second, tell Laurel that I found you in a bar in some tropical port somewhere and convinced you to come back.
I'll see what I can do; I am already posting far more than I originally intended when I first returned. And I did tell Fata the other day that I would make a [limited] return if someone could correctly guess the song stuck in my head (which has yet to happen).

On a challenge rating scale of 1 to 10, I give it a 7.5, if 1 is something clichédly catchy like "It's a Small World" or the Theme to the Andy Griffith Show and 10 is, I don't know, say M.L. West's reconstruction of the Hurrian Hymn to Nikkal or the musical rendition of William Cullen Bryant's "Thanatopsis" from the Space Ghost Coast-to-Coast episode "Terminal".

also,
[in a monotone voice like a hostage being forced to read propaganda]
Laurel, Q found me in a bar in some tropical port somewhere and convinced me to come back.
Founding member of "The Society of Persons Who Often Respond to Things Which Are Obviously Jokes in a Serious Manner, and Occasionally Respond to Things Which are Not Jokes in Any Way in a Manner Somewhat Less Serious Than Their Nature Might Reasonably Be Thought to Require"

Old 07-28-2014, 11:28 AM   #4
ms_ann_thrope
Cumslinger

Are we supposed to be guessing? I'm thinking something by Elvis.

Old 07-28-2014, 11:44 AM   #5
ms_ann_thrope
Cumslinger

Am I warm?

Old 07-28-2014, 11:56 AM   #6
Equinoxe
Not a pod person

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_ann_thrope View Post
Are we supposed to be guessing? I'm thinking something by Elvis.
Quote:
Am I warm?
You are supposed to be doing whatever you feel is best. I have confidence in you. I have faith in you. I … don't know you.

And, for the record, not especially, no.
Founding member of "The Society of Persons Who Often Respond to Things Which Are Obviously Jokes in a Serious Manner, and Occasionally Respond to Things Which are Not Jokes in Any Way in a Manner Somewhat Less Serious Than Their Nature Might Reasonably Be Thought to Require"

Old 07-28-2014, 12:09 PM   #7
Queersetti
Bicontinental

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinoxe View Post
I'll see what I can do; I am already posting far more than I originally intended when I first returned. And I did tell Fata the other day that I would make a [limited] return if someone could correctly guess the song stuck in my head (which has yet to happen).

On a challenge rating scale of 1 to 10, I give it a 7.5, if 1 is something clichédly catchy like "It's a Small World" or the Theme to the Andy Griffith Show and 10 is, I don't know, say M.L. West's reconstruction of the Hurrian Hymn to Nikkal or the musical rendition of William Cullen Bryant's "Thanatopsis" from the Space Ghost Coast-to-Coast episode "Terminal".

also,
Laurel, Q found me in a bar in some tropical port somewhere and convinced me to come back.
Damn, I was going to guess the Thanatopsis. I guess I'll have to go with my second choice, the Rooftop Singers version of "Walk Right In".

Thanks on the Laurel thing. When I came back from my hiatus, she requested that I send word back to wherever the smart ex-posters were hiding and implore them to come back. So, this makes me look good, and now maybe she'll give me the power to change people's avs.

Old 07-28-2014, 12:15 PM   #8
Lorilei
smoke and mirrors

I'm guessing "One Night in Bangkok".

“If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it.”
― Stephen Colbert

Old 07-28-2014, 12:17 PM   #9
Queersetti
Bicontinental

Quote:
Actually, that may not be necessary, as it appears Laurel may have found that bar already, herself.

Old 07-28-2014, 12:25 PM   #10
Equinoxe
Not a pod person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queersetti View Post
Damn, I was going to guess the Thanatopsis. I guess I'll have to go with my second choice, the Rooftop Singers version of "Walk Right In".

Thanks on the Laurel thing. When I came back from my hiatus, she requested that I send word back to wherever the smart ex-posters were hiding and implore them to come back. So, this makes me look good, and now maybe she'll give me the power to change people's avs.
In retrospect, it does seem far too obvious a choice to merit a challenge rating of 10, but, alas, that die has been cast and the scale is set.

But sadly no, 'tis not any version of "Walk Right In".

You are welcome (and thank you!), I must admit I had wondered why you asked—tragically Laurel seems to have disappeared since. A mystery is afoot. I trust you will use your power wisely should she reappear and grant you it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilei
I'm guessing "One Night in Bangkok".
Also, sadly no. Nor is it anything else sung by Murray Head, or containing songs sung by him, nor any other version of anything of which there is a version which features him.

Last edited by Equinoxe : 07-29-2014 at 02:05 AM. Reason: I did not edit this post. Any claim that I edited this post will be subject to legal action.

Old 07-28-2014, 12:25 PM   #11
ms_ann_thrope
Cumslinger

Quote:
You are supposed to be doing whatever you feel is best. I have confidence in you. I have faith in you. I … don't know you.

And, for the record, not especially, no.
I'm called a lot of things but you can call me Ann. What I do best is piss people off. I was trying something different...but, oh well.

Everly Brothers?

Old 07-28-2014, 12:28 PM   #12
Equinoxe
Not a pod person

Quote:
I'm called a lot of things but you can call me Ann. What I do best is piss people off. I was trying something different...but, oh well.

Everly Brothers?
These things happen sometimes.

Sadly, also no. Although you are vaguely on the right track in the sense that the artist in question's name begins with the letter E.

Old 07-28-2014, 12:31 PM   #13
ms_ann_thrope
Cumslinger

Quote:
These things happen sometimes.

Sadly, also no. Although you are vaguely on the right track in the sense that the artist in question's name begins with the letter E.
I've got it. Sweet Dreams.

Some of them want to abuse you
Some of them want to be abused.

Old 07-28-2014, 11:26 PM   #14
Equinoxe
Not a pod person

Oh, and for the record, the correct answer was the recurrent leitmotif used throughout Ennio Morricone's soundtrack to The Mission, as, in particular, featured in the track "Gabriel's Oboe".

But it's good that noöne cares. You'll all be less sad when I die.

Old 07-28-2014, 11:30 PM   #15
Garnate
Busy-ass female

Has anyone ever seen Laurel or Equi post in the same room at the same time??

I think I'm on to something here.

Old 07-29-2014, 12:09 AM   #16
Equinoxe
Not a pod person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnate View Post
Has anyone ever seen Laurel or Equi post in the same room at the same time??

I think I'm on to something here.
Some widely-believed facts:
Laurel was a regular poster in the early days. I was not. [Editor's note: the second half of this fact was not so widely-believed in early 2005.]
I was a regular poster between January 2005 and April 2009. Laurel was not.
After I left, at some point Laurel began posting again.
I came back, and shortly thereafter Laurel disappeared.

Old 07-29-2014, 12:11 AM   #17
Garnate
Busy-ass female

Quote:
Some widely-believed facts:
Laurel was a regular poster in the early days. I was not. [Editor's note: the second half of this fact was not so widely-believed in early 2005.]
I was a regular poster between January 2005 and April 2009. Laurel was not.
After I left, at some point Laurel began posting again.
I came back, and shortly thereafter Laurel disappeared.
Very suspicious.........I think all of this adds up to you actually being *dramatic pause*.......Manu! I freaking KNEW it!

Old 07-29-2014, 12:21 AM   #18
Equinoxe
Not a pod person

Quote:
Very suspicious.........I think all of this adds up to you actually being *dramatic pause*.......Manu! I freaking KNEW it!
♫ dun dun DUN ♫

Yes, everything about Laurel was a red herring. It was nothing but misdirection.

Old 07-29-2014, 12:24 AM   #19
Garnate
Busy-ass female

Quote:
♫ dun dun DUN ♫

Yes, everything about Laurel was a red herring. It was nothing but misdirection.
Another gold star for Garnate! Did you know I also figured out that Yoda was really Luke's father the whole time?? Didn't even need to finish the movie; I just knew.

Old 07-29-2014, 12:27 AM   #20
Saint Peter
Literotica Guru

Quote:
noøne
fyp

yw

Old 07-29-2014, 12:33 AM   #21
Equinoxe
Not a pod person

Quote:
Another gold star for Garnate! Did you know I also figured out that Yoda was really Luke's father the whole time?? Didn't even need to finish the movie; I just knew.
Amazing!

The most shocking twist of all, though: the actor playing Han Solo—it turns out it was Harrison Ford the whole time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Peter
fyp

yw.
ty

Last edited by Equinoxe : 07-29-2014 at 12:37 AM. Reason: For formality purposes.

Old 07-29-2014, 12:34 AM   #22
Saint Peter
Literotica Guru

Quote:

ty
at

Old 07-29-2014, 12:41 AM   #23
Equinoxe
Not a pod person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Peter View Post
at

Wa alaykum salaam.

Old 07-29-2014, 12:47 AM   #24
Saint Peter
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Wa alaykum salaam.

Thank you.