Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Online Role Playing

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old 10-07-2012, 10:50 AM   #76
Armphid
Crowned Sun
 
Armphid's Avatar
 
Armphid is offline
Join Date: May 2003
Location: In between failures
Posts: 8,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasShort View Post
The blond barmaid turns to face the taller warrior - quite different from speaking with the halfling like before, who she notes is also interested with the corner of the bar - and she folds her arms and leans close to whisper in return, "Its fine currency, you gather. Stone like that and everyone will be after it. If I were you I'd try and get him to leave before my boss deci..."

Before she can finish she notes that the stone is rolling across the floor towards the Mercenaries, past the halfling. The barmaid looks less than amused.
It was nice when she leaned in like that. Gods great and small, of all the wonders in his travels and adventures, pretty women were the greatest. And one of his greatest weaknesses as well. However, her words in this case were at least as interesting as her assets in that blouse.

Currency? He did know many travelers who used gems when journeying in a similar way, if he understood her right. A single gem could carry the value of dozens of coins with a hundredth of the space and weight all that gold or silver would take up.

Before he could inquire further, there was a screech from the table he'd just left. Looking back, he could see the spider-like humanoid clearly agitated and making a hell of a racket at one of Grimlock's pets. Didn't like the hawk, huh? He'd have to remember that.

The gem was picked up by a woman of striking beauty who carried it back across the tavern; moving with easy grace and agility through the crowded space. She was also holding the gem as if it might burn her, in cloth and held at a distance.

Tel decided then and there he didn't want anything to do with such a thing. There was clearly more involved with it than he or the barmaid here knew. Mysterious treasure with potentially mysterious powers did interest him...but it could get you dead real fast, particularly since almost everyone in the bloody place must have noticed the scene by now with all the noise.

Tel nodded to the barmaid, "Thank you, miss. A wise man always appreciates a heads-up; all the more so from a pretty lass." He did not return to the table with the others but moved to the far end of the bar. Close enough to watch and see if any trouble broke out and either stay well clear or help out those lovely ladies if things went amiss.

Hey, he was only human.
__________________
"It's a shallow life that doesn't leave a few scars."--Garrison Keillor

"Nothing can happen unless you swing the bat." -- Haruko Haruhara
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-08-2012, 11:20 PM   #77
HookerBoots
Your Girl for All Seasons
 
HookerBoots's Avatar
 
HookerBoots is offline
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: O-H
Posts: 5,200
So their new spidery friend didn't care for raptors. That was interesting. Maybe it was prey? Or a predator of them? She'd have to think on this. Lynn tried hard for a bracing smile, hoping the creature wouldn't take it wrong. "Well, that was exciting. I do wish I could understand you, neighbor, but it seems like you've drawn attention you may not have wanted."

Lynn stood and bowed as formally as she could to him. "I hope you consider me at least pleasant company thus far, neighbor, but I will take my leave of you. I cannot buy your gem - I've little enough money on me as it stands - and I am not such a one as would take it without your leave. And as I can't understand a sound you've made, to my dismay, I wouldn't know if you'd given leave." She took a step back and smiled at it. "It was a distinct pleasure to meet you."
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-13-2012, 06:03 PM   #78
ThomasShort
Literotica Guru
 
ThomasShort's Avatar
 
ThomasShort is offline
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: A Victorian Hosiery Stall; Under a Placid Alien Moon; Hiding beneath a jewellery box; The Sahara; The imagination is rather endless I can become anything you wish for, which sounds like a glorious cliche and most likely is one.
Posts: 534
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterSpiders View Post
Inariel frowned as she watched the gem get knocked from the table and roll it's way over to her. Her attention was torn between watching the Spirescitt screeching and trying to get a better look at the object that had already caused so much disruption. As soon as it came to rest against her foot her frown deepened. She put her wine down on the table and stuck her hand between her grey linen travel shirt and her embossed back corset. When her fingers felt the delicate silk of her handkerchief she plucked it out and looked at the blue gem again.
It was a beautiful gem, that was for sure. As soon as she had first sighted it from across the room she had known that. Now, however, she realised just how beautiful it really was. The blue wasn't one colour as she had originally thought, instead it was covered in veins of a darker blue, the entire thing thrumming with an energy that reminded her of somewhere she had once visited in her years of travelling.
With a small sigh Inariel slid off the bar stool, careful not to disrupt the gem too much, and stood. She folded her handkerchief over several times before she lent over and wrapped the fabric around the gem so she could grasp it without her skin making contact with it. Sometimes even the most mundane items could have hidden dangers, and a gem of such striking beauty was a suspicious item indeed; especially one in the hands of a Spirescitt. Holding the gem gingerly in the silk Inariel walked through the crowded tavern, past the loud mercenaries, and over to the table where the Spirescitt was still screeching at the hawk in his uncomfortably high pitched voice.
"I believe this is yours." Inariel said, trying her best to keep her voice low and soothing, as she held the gem out for the Spirescitt to see. Inariel kept her grip on the stone loose and had a small smile on her face, eager to gesture to the Spirescitt that she wanted him to take it back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DungeonsOfDread View Post
Grimlock was taken aback by the creature's reaction to Zorta. He watched in slow motion as the blue crystal that had drawn so much attention drop to the floor and roll toward the foot of another patron.

The stranger retrieved a piece of cloth from their clothing and picked it up. Grimlock observed them coming toward their table, convinced now by the stature and walk; this new comer was most certainly female.

Grimlock opted to remedy the situation caused by his companion rather than further involve himself. At least for the time being.

"Come my friends lets go outside before we cause more trouble." Grimlock spoke pointedly toward his winged companion. He along with his compaions made his way out of the tavern swiftly. He perched his hawk on a nearby rail and motioned his wolf to remain with him.

"You two stay here. I'm going back inside to find out more about these new strangers. Don't worry I'll be back." The two obeyed, Zorta content with keeping watch and Droga laid down beneath him.

Grimlock returned to the tavern ignoring the accusatory stares as he approached the table again. The new woman was standing before the Spirescritt offering the gem back to it, she seemed very anxious to be rid of it.

"Greetings Miss, I am Grimlock, it is a pleasure to meet you." He initiated conversation as politely as his gruff voice allowed him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcerbusX View Post
With a sly grin, The rouge eyes the gem rolling past him, his first reaction was to snatch it up and make a quick get-a-away. But thought against it. after all, where's one, there might be more.

Watching as Inairel returns the stone. Yorvick discreetly gets up from his table a moves to one much closer to the owner of the stone. Sitting down. he tilts back a little and listens to the conversation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterSpiders View Post
Inariel turned to see the Shifter coming back into the Tavern without his pets. The bird's squaking had now stopped, but Inariel was wondering what the Spirescitt would do now- it was obviously quite agitated.

"Greetings Miss, I am Grimlock, it is a pleasure to meet you." The Shifter, Grimlock, said in a cordial manner which was at complete odds with his rough voice.

"Greetings Grimlock, I am Inariel Sei'rionne." She replied with a half smile, trying to avoid becoming distracted by the conversation. She still had no idea if the bug-like creature would calm down, and was still holding the stone out to him patiently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookerBoots View Post
So their new spidery friend didn't care for raptors. That was interesting. Maybe it was prey? Or a predator of them? She'd have to think on this. Lynn tried hard for a bracing smile, hoping the creature wouldn't take it wrong. "Well, that was exciting. I do wish I could understand you, neighbor, but it seems like you've drawn attention you may not have wanted."

Lynn stood and bowed as formally as she could to him. "I hope you consider me at least pleasant company thus far, neighbor, but I will take my leave of you. I cannot buy your gem - I've little enough money on me as it stands - and I am not such a one as would take it without your leave. And as I can't understand a sound you've made, to my dismay, I wouldn't know if you'd given leave." She took a step back and smiled at it. "It was a distinct pleasure to meet you."

The Spirescitt shivered and series of tiny hairs that had sprouted over his carapace retreated. It was apparent in the spiders glare that the arrival of the hawk had spooked him. As no one was aware of Spirescitt lore, history or otherwise, unless they taught themselves or found out they would remain lacking in knowledge as to why the event had occurred.

The Gem-Wielder scowled at Grimlock when he returned, quite a feat for a creature without eyelids, before stroking the gem in the cloth. It smiled horizontally and the cloth fell to the table as ash, and if anyone had tried to take the cloth back before this had occured, they have now failed in that task; the gem destroyed it too quickly. The gem though does not seem hot.

It listened into their conversations for a moment before using three of its many limbs to hit against the table, causing much of the bar to go quiet. It pointed again at the gem and the group of people surrounding him with a dramatic action, as though insinuating the group before him and the jewel were now linked. His gaze may have flitted over the others, but he always remained dishonestly scowled towards the beastmaster.


Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpenman View Post
Joke grunted, drinking some water from one of his flasks, trying to ease the burning in his throat. He gulped down half of the contents, and then returned it to his pouch. "Ah, not much. Just came here to see if I could fine any good fighters wo shall pose me a challenge. Haven't met one so far." he said, feeling his headache slowly ebb away. If only he had some ice, but he knew it was scarce in most places. He knew he would just have to bear with the pain.
The Mercenary nodded his head, seeing the foolish courage in the boy-man. He was about to speak when he heard the commotion from the other end of the bar, placing his hand on the hilt of his warhammer, a small item embued with a strange magic that only magically-aware fellows would pick up. Highly adept magic-folk would note it had a fire-quality. "I don't like that webspinner, do you?" He smirked over at the fellow, "You wanted a good fighter, he'll be one."


Quote:
Originally Posted by Armphid View Post
It was nice when she leaned in like that. Gods great and small, of all the wonders in his travels and adventures, pretty women were the greatest. And one of his greatest weaknesses as well. However, her words in this case were at least as interesting as her assets in that blouse.

Currency? He did know many travelers who used gems when journeying in a similar way, if he understood her right. A single gem could carry the value of dozens of coins with a hundredth of the space and weight all that gold or silver would take up.

Before he could inquire further, there was a screech from the table he'd just left. Looking back, he could see the spider-like humanoid clearly agitated and making a hell of a racket at one of Grimlock's pets. Didn't like the hawk, huh? He'd have to remember that.

The gem was picked up by a woman of striking beauty who carried it back across the tavern; moving with easy grace and agility through the crowded space. She was also holding the gem as if it might burn her, in cloth and held at a distance.

Tel decided then and there he didn't want anything to do with such a thing. There was clearly more involved with it than he or the barmaid here knew. Mysterious treasure with potentially mysterious powers did interest him...but it could get you dead real fast, particularly since almost everyone in the bloody place must have noticed the scene by now with all the noise.

Tel nodded to the barmaid, "Thank you, miss. A wise man always appreciates a heads-up; all the more so from a pretty lass." He did not return to the table with the others but moved to the far end of the bar. Close enough to watch and see if any trouble broke out and either stay well clear or help out those lovely ladies if things went amiss.

Hey, he was only human.
When the Spirescitt slammed down its fists, or claws, or equivalents, the barmaid squeaked and leapt closer to the man before her, clutching tightly. Her breasts heaved and if he took a gander he would spot a golden necklace between them, swaying slowly.

"I may be pretty," A new found stillness was in the girl, as she tried to find composure amid her fear, "But I don't like webspinners fucking about in the bar. My boss'll hate me for letting him cause a fuss!" The combination of barmaid wanting order and woman scared for fight blurred together as she stayed close to him.
__________________

They Under Spells


I can become anything you wish for, which sounds like a glorious cliche and most likely is one. I can become your evening gown or bra to contain your beauteous orbs; a pet curled on your thigh; a tattoo; a pet dragon; a lampshade adorned with dragonflies; a cloud; a 1 inch tall man tantalising your flesh with exploration...
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-13-2012, 06:31 PM   #79
removed110513
Loves Spam
 
removed110513 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,478
Jake heard Oldbone comment on the Webspinner, and then heard what he said afterwards. Jake faced Oldbone, chuckling. "That little fella? I could kill him before he would even lift a finger. He's just skin and bones, him." he said, trying to contain his amusement. H did, however, notice Jaxx was awfully interested with the gem of the Spider-like creature. He dismissed it, however; after all, it was a precious stone, who wouldn't be interested.
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-14-2012, 06:33 AM   #80
DungeonsOfDread
Dungeon Master
 
DungeonsOfDread's Avatar
 
DungeonsOfDread is offline
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 1,165
Grimlock watched in awe as the gem consumed the fabric, Innariel's hand seemed unharmed by the action.

Because of the Spirescrit's recent outburst due to Zorta's presence and the way it slammed its limbs on the table, the patrons of the bar were taking more notice of their ragtag group of random individuals.

"Perhaps we should take our business away from curious eyes" He spoke softly at Innariel and motioned her to follow him outside. He wasn't sure whether she or the others would follow but he disliked the additional attention they were receiving indoors.
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-14-2012, 07:16 AM   #81
SinisterSpiders
Meow
 
SinisterSpiders is offline
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Southern Hemisphere
Posts: 1,369
Inariel frowned as her handkerchief turned to ash in her grasp, leaving the bare blue gem against her bare skin. She looked up at the Spirescitt as it banged against the table and glared at her and the random group of people that had been interested in the gem. When his gaze settled on Grimlock Inariel looked at the Shifter as well.
"Perhaps we should take our business away from curious eyes." Grimlock said to her in a soft growling tone. Inariel looked back at the Spirescitt, then again at the other patrons whose attention the creature had drawn, and gave the over-sized bug a slight bow.
"I meant no trouble, I only wished to return your stone." She put the stone down gently on the table top and took two steps backwards before turning towards the door where Grimlock was headed. It had been a long day of travel and a fight was the last thing she had on her mind.
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-14-2012, 12:26 PM   #82
Armphid
Crowned Sun
 
Armphid's Avatar
 
Armphid is offline
Join Date: May 2003
Location: In between failures
Posts: 8,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasShort View Post
When the Spirescitt slammed down its fists, or claws, or equivalents, the barmaid squeaked and leapt closer to the man before her, clutching tightly. Her breasts heaved and if he took a gander he would spot a golden necklace between them, swaying slowly.

"I may be pretty," A new found stillness was in the girl, as she tried to find composure amid her fear, "But I don't like webspinners fucking about in the bar. My boss'll hate me for letting him cause a fuss!" The combination of barmaid wanting order and woman scared for fight blurred together as she stayed close to him.
Tel wanted to maintain his neutrality but when the barmaid jumped closer to him and grabbed him, that pretty much ended that. His eyes had gone to her eye-catching assets as she'd moved and he'd noted the glint of gold there. A pretty piece of jewelry for a pretty girl and maybe a bit surprising. If she had a gold necklace like that, what was she doing here?

Of course, if it were a gift from an admirer, that would make sense. Just because she had such a thing didn't mean she could afford it herself.

"Breathe easy, lovely." Tel smiled as winningly as he could, "I don't think there'll be more fuss than this and it ain't your fault in any event." He then sighed inwardly, "If it'll ease your heart, I could pay the fella's tab so you can send him on his way. If so, perhaps you'll favor me with a bit of your company and maybe the story of that lovely neckace as suits you so well."
__________________
"It's a shallow life that doesn't leave a few scars."--Garrison Keillor

"Nothing can happen unless you swing the bat." -- Haruko Haruhara
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2012, 05:12 PM   #83
AcerbusX
Really Experienced
 
AcerbusX's Avatar
 
AcerbusX is offline
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: East of Eden
Posts: 150
The halfling sees the obvious statement by the creature. and jumps up off the stool and yells...Linked? LINKED!?! I don't even keep a girl for more then a night and now I'm stuck with a gem and this ragtag group!?!
__________________
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-26-2012, 08:51 PM   #84
ThomasShort
Literotica Guru
 
ThomasShort's Avatar
 
ThomasShort is offline
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: A Victorian Hosiery Stall; Under a Placid Alien Moon; Hiding beneath a jewellery box; The Sahara; The imagination is rather endless I can become anything you wish for, which sounds like a glorious cliche and most likely is one.
Posts: 534
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpenman View Post
Jake heard Oldbone comment on the Webspinner, and then heard what he said afterwards. Jake faced Oldbone, chuckling. "That little fella? I could kill him before he would even lift a finger. He's just skin and bones, him." he said, trying to contain his amusement. H did, however, notice Jaxx was awfully interested with the gem of the Spider-like creature. He dismissed it, however; after all, it was a precious stone, who wouldn't be interested.
Oldbone leans over and begins to curl his arm around the boys shoulders, pulling him closer, "I think lad, you should try and do somethin' 'bout that there stone." He smirked, toothy, beige, and chuckled like spurting taps broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DungeonsOfDread View Post
Grimlock watched in awe as the gem consumed the fabric, Innariel's hand seemed unharmed by the action.

Because of the Spirescrit's recent outburst due to Zorta's presence and the way it slammed its limbs on the table, the patrons of the bar were taking more notice of their ragtag group of random individuals.

"Perhaps we should take our business away from curious eyes" He spoke softly at Innariel and motioned her to follow him outside. He wasn't sure whether she or the others would follow but he disliked the additional attention they were receiving indoors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterSpiders View Post
Inariel frowned as her handkerchief turned to ash in her grasp, leaving the bare blue gem against her bare skin. She looked up at the Spirescitt as it banged against the table and glared at her and the random group of people that had been interested in the gem. When his gaze settled on Grimlock Inariel looked at the Shifter as well.
"Perhaps we should take our business away from curious eyes." Grimlock said to her in a soft growling tone. Inariel looked back at the Spirescitt, then again at the other patrons whose attention the creature had drawn, and gave the over-sized bug a slight bow.
"I meant no trouble, I only wished to return your stone." She put the stone down gently on the table top and took two steps backwards before turning towards the door where Grimlock was headed. It had been a long day of travel and a fight was the last thing she had on her mind.
The Spirescitt just grew more and more aggravated as they failed to understand him, eventually grabbing the stone from the table and tucking it under a piece of his carapace. Standing he scuttled past the pair, a tall creature by their standards, ducking under the doorframe as he headed outside, his mandibles clicking in frustration and malignancy at how the fellows had treated his offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armphid View Post
Tel wanted to maintain his neutrality but when the barmaid jumped closer to him and grabbed him, that pretty much ended that. His eyes had gone to her eye-catching assets as she'd moved and he'd noted the glint of gold there. A pretty piece of jewelry for a pretty girl and maybe a bit surprising. If she had a gold necklace like that, what was she doing here?

Of course, if it were a gift from an admirer, that would make sense. Just because she had such a thing didn't mean she could afford it herself.

"Breathe easy, lovely." Tel smiled as winningly as he could, "I don't think there'll be more fuss than this and it ain't your fault in any event." He then sighed inwardly, "If it'll ease your heart, I could pay the fella's tab so you can send him on his way. If so, perhaps you'll favor me with a bit of your company and maybe the story of that lovely neckace as suits you so well."
She had buried herself deep into his shirt, not out of a girlish need to be saved - she could protect herself - but because she was just tired after today; many creatures and patrons had entered causing various forms of fuss, and she couldn't be arsed with it all any more. Burying and hiding seemed like the fair thing to do. She was going to reply when she noticed the creature scuttle away, "I don't think you'll need to."

Then her boss appeared out from a wooden door behind the bar, clutching a large hammer against his chest. "What's this?" His voice broke the steel silence of the room. As much as the Spirescitt had caused eerie silence, this man had returned people back to normal; people feared not doing as the barman felt, and the barman wanted his tavern to act appropriately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcerbusX View Post
The halfling sees the obvious statement by the creature. and jumps up off the stool and yells...Linked? LINKED!?! I don't even keep a girl for more then a night and now I'm stuck with a gem and this ragtag group!?!
...The Spirescitt hears the halflings words and does the equivalent of a shrug, uncaring now, though his compound eyes do linger on the halfling for a moment. The gang was indeed now bound by fate, but the spider had decided he would not be the reason for their binding.
__________________

They Under Spells


I can become anything you wish for, which sounds like a glorious cliche and most likely is one. I can become your evening gown or bra to contain your beauteous orbs; a pet curled on your thigh; a tattoo; a pet dragon; a lampshade adorned with dragonflies; a cloud; a 1 inch tall man tantalising your flesh with exploration...
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-26-2012, 09:29 PM   #85
removed110513
Loves Spam
 
removed110513 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasShort View Post
Oldbone leans over and begins to curl his arm around the boys shoulders, pulling him closer, "I think lad, you should try and do somethin' 'bout that there stone." He smirked, toothy, beige, and chuckled like spurting taps broken.
Jake heard Oldbone's words, and he began thinking about. Upon seeing the Spider-creature leaving, he was snapped back to his senses. "I'm not a thief Jaxx, I am a warrior. If I were to take his stone, it would have to be from a bargain made for a duel to the death." he told Oldbone firmly, showing that was his absolute final answer.
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-31-2012, 05:36 AM   #86
SinisterSpiders
Meow
 
SinisterSpiders is offline
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Southern Hemisphere
Posts: 1,369
Inariel bit her tongue as the Spirescitt ducked past them. She was an observer. She was the type of person who preferred to tell stories and watch them unfold, rarely taking action unless necessary. However, the sounds of the creature's mandible clicking made her skin crawl almost as much as the knowledge that the creature had the stone.
With an inaudible sign and a deep breath Inariel looked at Grimlock.
"Still wanting to go outside?" She asked. Without waiting for a response she stepped outside of the tavern and after the large creature. "Spirescitt..." Inariel called loudly after the creature. "May I inquire as to how you came to be in possession of an Uilaena Cr'a?"
As soon as the words left her mouth Inariel knew that there would be no taking them back. She had put herself out there and involved herself with the creature far more than she should have. She could have let him go, and sent messages to the Elves and the other Fey that such a creature had possession of one of the gems, but she feared that whatever the creature had planned might not wait patiently for her to warn her people.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-03-2012, 06:40 AM   #87
DungeonsOfDread
Dungeon Master
 
DungeonsOfDread's Avatar
 
DungeonsOfDread is offline
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 1,165
Grimlock watched as the Spirescritt angrily stormed passed them bursting through the tavern door, the cold draught of the night rushed in refreshing the stagnant air.

It was a welcome relief, Grimlock disliked being refined in a small building such as this one. Before he could follow behind, Innariel asked if he still wanted to go outside. She moved passed him in pursuit of their enigmatic friend before he could deliver his answer.

Grimlock grunted and followed behind, very interested in her sudden haste to chase the creature down.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-03-2012, 09:12 AM   #88
AcerbusX
Really Experienced
 
AcerbusX's Avatar
 
AcerbusX is offline
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: East of Eden
Posts: 150
Seeing the others leave, The halfing eyes the rest of the crowd of the tavern. and sees that this group has drawn way to much attention.

With a regretful sigh, He takes off after the rest of the group. "This had better be worth the trouble" his mumbles under his breath.
__________________
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-06-2012, 06:43 AM   #89
ThomasShort
Literotica Guru
 
ThomasShort's Avatar
 
ThomasShort is offline
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: A Victorian Hosiery Stall; Under a Placid Alien Moon; Hiding beneath a jewellery box; The Sahara; The imagination is rather endless I can become anything you wish for, which sounds like a glorious cliche and most likely is one.
Posts: 534
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpenman View Post
Jake heard Oldbone's words, and he began thinking about. Upon seeing the Spider-creature leaving, he was snapped back to his senses. "I'm not a thief Jaxx, I am a warrior. If I were to take his stone, it would have to be from a bargain made for a duel to the death." he told Oldbone firmly, showing that was his absolute final answer.
Oldbone, in aggravation, stands, patting the man on the back. With a shake of his arm above his head his troops begin to file out, "If ya change your mind. Find me at The Shekel." He drops one of these runic coins before him before leaving, "When ya have guts that is." He seems disappointed, even behind his smile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterSpiders View Post
Inariel bit her tongue as the Spirescitt ducked past them. She was an observer. She was the type of person who preferred to tell stories and watch them unfold, rarely taking action unless necessary. However, the sounds of the creature's mandible clicking made her skin crawl almost as much as the knowledge that the creature had the stone.
With an inaudible sign and a deep breath Inariel looked at Grimlock.
"Still wanting to go outside?" She asked. Without waiting for a response she stepped outside of the tavern and after the large creature. "Spirescitt..." Inariel called loudly after the creature. "May I inquire as to how you came to be in possession of an Uilaena Cr'a?"
As soon as the words left her mouth Inariel knew that there would be no taking them back. She had put herself out there and involved herself with the creature far more than she should have. She could have let him go, and sent messages to the Elves and the other Fey that such a creature had possession of one of the gems, but she feared that whatever the creature had planned might not wait patiently for her to warn her people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DungeonsOfDread View Post
Grimlock watched as the Spirescritt angrily stormed passed them bursting through the tavern door, the cold draught of the night rushed in refreshing the stagnant air.

It was a welcome relief, Grimlock disliked being refined in a small building such as this one. Before he could follow behind, Innariel asked if he still wanted to go outside. She moved passed him in pursuit of their enigmatic friend before he could deliver his answer.

Grimlock grunted and followed behind, very interested in her sudden haste to chase the creature down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcerbusX View Post
Seeing the others leave, The halfing eyes the rest of the crowd of the tavern. and sees that this group has drawn way to much attention.

With a regretful sigh, He takes off after the rest of the group. "This had better be worth the trouble" his mumbles under his breath.
Upon the Elvish words coursing through the air, the Spirescitt turns and faces the three of them, growling-chatter with its mandibles. It seems to smirk - somehow - and waggles his carapace, an invitation for someone to come over for the stone once more. Outside the Mercs wander down the cobbled street by the canal, and the rest of the bar hums in silence as barman, creatures and other menageries contemplate a brawl.
__________________

They Under Spells


I can become anything you wish for, which sounds like a glorious cliche and most likely is one. I can become your evening gown or bra to contain your beauteous orbs; a pet curled on your thigh; a tattoo; a pet dragon; a lampshade adorned with dragonflies; a cloud; a 1 inch tall man tantalising your flesh with exploration...
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-06-2012, 04:38 PM   #90
DungeonsOfDread
Dungeon Master
 
DungeonsOfDread's Avatar
 
DungeonsOfDread is offline
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 1,165
Grimlock took note of the creatures reaction to their renewed interest in the odd stone it presented to them. Zortha and Droga seeing their master return moved to greet him. He quickly motioned for them to stay put, he didn't want to frighten the creature any further. Hopefully it was too distracted to notice.

Perhaps it was time to truly find out what its intention was by physical interaction as opposed to social. Innariel's change of heart also perked his interest and he wanted to find out what she knew about it.

"So you want us to have the stone friend?" Grimlock asked. He extended his hand out toward the Spirescritt confidently, his palm open awaiting its response.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-07-2012, 04:59 AM   #91
SinisterSpiders
Meow
 
SinisterSpiders is offline
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Southern Hemisphere
Posts: 1,369
Inariel watched as the horrid creature smirked at her words and then held wiggled its body in some sort of twisted dance as the halfling from the pub walks into the street mumbling something under his breath.

"So you want us to have the stone friend?" Grimlock asked, before reaching out and waiting for the Spirescitt to give him the stone.

Inariel was too slow to act, to slow to reach for the stone herself, but she could only hope that she could trust it in the hands of the Shifter. At least they could speak to each other in the common tongue. Either way, she thought, the most important thing was getting it off the Spirescitt. Inariel wasn't sure, but the people who had been interested in the stone probably only though of its monetary value, not knowing its true purpose. If she hadn't been so old herself, or as versed in history or lore as she was, she probably would not know either.
Just in case the Shifter couldn't be trusted, Inariel stepped forward so that she was by his side, her fingers preparing to reach for the longsword on her hip if the Spirescitt got violent.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2012, 09:46 AM   #92
AcerbusX
Really Experienced
 
AcerbusX's Avatar
 
AcerbusX is offline
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: East of Eden
Posts: 150
The trained eye of the halfing sees his new teammates intentions, and senses that things could get violent quick. So he did what a rouge does best, positions himself to support the fighters. moving over to the shadows and reaching inside his cloak and undid his sling and loaded it. ready to fire at a moments notice.

Then watched carefully as the party talked with the creature.
__________________
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2012, 07:22 PM   #93
ThomasShort
Literotica Guru
 
ThomasShort's Avatar
 
ThomasShort is offline
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: A Victorian Hosiery Stall; Under a Placid Alien Moon; Hiding beneath a jewellery box; The Sahara; The imagination is rather endless I can become anything you wish for, which sounds like a glorious cliche and most likely is one.
Posts: 534
Quote:
Originally Posted by DungeonsOfDread View Post
Grimlock took note of the creatures reaction to their renewed interest in the odd stone it presented to them. Zortha and Droga seeing their master return moved to greet him. He quickly motioned for them to stay put, he didn't want to frighten the creature any further. Hopefully it was too distracted to notice.

Perhaps it was time to truly find out what its intention was by physical interaction as opposed to social. Innariel's change of heart also perked his interest and he wanted to find out what she knew about it.

"So you want us to have the stone friend?" Grimlock asked. He extended his hand out toward the Spirescritt confidently, his palm open awaiting its response.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterSpiders View Post
Inariel watched as the horrid creature smirked at her words and then held wiggled its body in some sort of twisted dance as the halfling from the pub walks into the street mumbling something under his breath.

"So you want us to have the stone friend?" Grimlock asked, before reaching out and waiting for the Spirescitt to give him the stone.

Inariel was too slow to act, to slow to reach for the stone herself, but she could only hope that she could trust it in the hands of the Shifter. At least they could speak to each other in the common tongue. Either way, she thought, the most important thing was getting it off the Spirescitt. Inariel wasn't sure, but the people who had been interested in the stone probably only though of its monetary value, not knowing its true purpose. If she hadn't been so old herself, or as versed in history or lore as she was, she probably would not know either.
Just in case the Shifter couldn't be trusted, Inariel stepped forward so that she was by his side, her fingers preparing to reach for the longsword on her hip if the Spirescitt got violent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcerbusX View Post
The trained eye of the halfing sees his new teammates intentions, and senses that things could get violent quick. So he did what a rouge does best, positions himself to support the fighters. moving over to the shadows and reaching inside his cloak and undid his sling and loaded it. ready to fire at a moments notice.

Then watched carefully as the party talked with the creature.
The Spirescitt's eyes darted between all three of them, the stone held precariously over the hand of the Shifter. For a moment it just chattered and chittered, its mandibles forming obscure shapes, something ritualistic perhaps. For the moment is seemed to still be speaking in the obscure language, but the three would clearly hear, in whatever would be their preferred language, the creature speak to them, "Good Luck. She awaits."

The stone would touch his hand, and in a glimmer less than a millisecond in brightness, they were gone from the bar.

---

They would find themselves stood exactly as they were in a deep forest, dark from the canopy blocking out the sun and sky above. Hummingbirds of many iridescent shades buzzed and hummed around them, peering at them closely before scarpering into the fake night. The forest was alive with animals, but no civilisation could be spotted from their present location.

The air, muggy, tropical.
__________________

They Under Spells


I can become anything you wish for, which sounds like a glorious cliche and most likely is one. I can become your evening gown or bra to contain your beauteous orbs; a pet curled on your thigh; a tattoo; a pet dragon; a lampshade adorned with dragonflies; a cloud; a 1 inch tall man tantalising your flesh with exploration...
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2012, 07:37 PM   #94
removed110513
Loves Spam
 
removed110513 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasShort View Post
Oldbone, in aggravation, stands, patting the man on the back. With a shake of his arm above his head his troops begin to file out, "If ya change your mind. Find me at The Shekel." He drops one of these runic coins before him before leaving, "When ya have guts that is." He seems disappointed, even behind his smile.
Jake heard Oldbone tell him where to find him, and then he left. Jake took out another flask of his, and drinks some more. He puts it back, however, and stands up, holding the coin in the palm of his hand. He thought about Oldbone's words, and quickly made a decision. He walked up to the nearest person, and asks him where he could find The Shekel.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2012, 03:16 AM   #95
DungeonsOfDread
Dungeon Master
 
DungeonsOfDread's Avatar
 
DungeonsOfDread is offline
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 1,165
Grimlock was slightly disoriented after the sudden change of scenery. The stone was still in his palm and the two strangers he'd only just meet stood nearby, the creature was nowhere to be seen. Grimlock tried to use his druidic skills and knowledge of nature to determine his whereabouts.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2012, 04:14 AM   #96
SinisterSpiders
Meow
 
SinisterSpiders is offline
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Southern Hemisphere
Posts: 1,369
Inariel watched as the creature held the stone above Grimlock's outstretched hand and continued to speak in it's guttural language. Just as her confusion reached a peak she heard it speak in the language of the fey;
"Good Luck. She awaits."

As soon as she heard those words Inariel cried out a word of warning to Grimlock, but a split second later her senses were blinded by an unfathomable brightness.

The first thing that hit her was the smell. The scent of wood and dirt filled her nostrils as the sounds of a forest played loudly in her sensitive ears. Inariel blinked tentatively several times before daring to open her eyes. She was both simultaneously pleased and alarmed that her senses hadn't failed her. She looked around now, amazed to see the beautiful wings of the hummingbirds flashing against the dappled light below the thick green canopy.

Inariel immediately wished that she had warned Grimlock of what the stone was. Then, after a moment of anger at herself, she realised that she hadn't been touching the stone when they had been transported. There really was nothing she could have done to protect them. The Spirescitt wanted them here for a reason, and it seemed to be able to get them there without them actually touching the Uilaena Cr'a.

Inariel looked over her shoulder and saw that the halfling from the had been transported with them as well. She gave the halfling and the shifter a serious look as she slid her sword from it's sheath and stood, poised, ready just in case something malicious was waiting for them.

"Be on your guard gentlemen, the forest may be beautiful but it could be hiding any manner of maleficent creatures." She said in a voice that was just loud enough for the others to hear as she looked around warily.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-16-2012, 05:37 AM   #97
ThomasShort
Literotica Guru
 
ThomasShort's Avatar
 
ThomasShort is offline
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: A Victorian Hosiery Stall; Under a Placid Alien Moon; Hiding beneath a jewellery box; The Sahara; The imagination is rather endless I can become anything you wish for, which sounds like a glorious cliche and most likely is one.
Posts: 534
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpenman View Post
Jake heard Oldbone tell him where to find him, and then he left. Jake took out another flask of his, and drinks some more. He puts it back, however, and stands up, holding the coin in the palm of his hand. He thought about Oldbone's words, and quickly made a decision. He walked up to the nearest person, and asks him where he could find The Shekel.
An old man turns and faces Jake, body shivering with age, "I wouldn't go there." It was apparent from the man's tunic and other attire, this was a warrior-once-was, "Tis a place of great..." He notices the coin in his hand, "You've been summoned though. Fate'll guide ya." He shivered around to face his little drink once more, the bar suddenly going quiet when three individuals disappear. The Spirescitt, smirking, somehow, limps away from the open door.
__________________

They Under Spells


I can become anything you wish for, which sounds like a glorious cliche and most likely is one. I can become your evening gown or bra to contain your beauteous orbs; a pet curled on your thigh; a tattoo; a pet dragon; a lampshade adorned with dragonflies; a cloud; a 1 inch tall man tantalising your flesh with exploration...
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-16-2012, 07:35 PM   #98
AcerbusX
Really Experienced
 
AcerbusX's Avatar
 
AcerbusX is offline
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: East of Eden
Posts: 150
The surprise of the sudden transport quickly worn of the experienced rouge, a quick look at his new surroundings told him that things went from inconvenient too down right dangerous.

"Be on your guard gentlemen, the forest may be beautiful but it could be hiding any manner of maleficent creatures." he heard the tall woman exclaim. he nodded in agreement and with practiced speed, The little halfing replaced the sling shot and ammo within his cloak and drew his two short swords from their sheathes and quickly moved closer to the others.
__________________
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2012, 11:15 AM   #99
ThomasShort
Literotica Guru
 
ThomasShort's Avatar
 
ThomasShort is offline
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: A Victorian Hosiery Stall; Under a Placid Alien Moon; Hiding beneath a jewellery box; The Sahara; The imagination is rather endless I can become anything you wish for, which sounds like a glorious cliche and most likely is one.
Posts: 534
Cont.

Somewhere, out in the forest, a group of fey are beginning to discuss plans for war. They giggle and chuckle on the branches, peering down at the travellers who won't be able to hear them from up here. They ready their steads, Blue Robins, with little saddles made from tough leaves.
"We ready?" Aniuskha remarks, smirking.
"Yeah we are." Yha'a kisses his lover and they giggle once more.

---

Back in the city, raccoons run around the city passing out messages in gilded envelopes. Thieves steal some and sell them on, others are found floating on the river, some are being burnt by men in silver masks. The City of the River Vos is under siege with invitations: The Flustered Queen is having a ball.
__________________

They Under Spells


I can become anything you wish for, which sounds like a glorious cliche and most likely is one. I can become your evening gown or bra to contain your beauteous orbs; a pet curled on your thigh; a tattoo; a pet dragon; a lampshade adorned with dragonflies; a cloud; a 1 inch tall man tantalising your flesh with exploration...
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-09-2012, 06:07 AM   #100
SinisterSpiders
Meow
 
SinisterSpiders is offline
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Southern Hemisphere
Posts: 1,369
Inariel

Inariel gestured to the gentlemen behind her and picked a direction to walk in. She was careful to keep her footfalls light and her hands on her weapons just in case.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:35 AM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.