Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Online Role Playing

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old 09-13-2012, 03:56 PM   #51
AcerbusX
Really Experienced
 
AcerbusX's Avatar
 
AcerbusX is offline
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: East of Eden
Posts: 150
She, rather than leaning over the lil' one provocatively like before, stands up more straight, brow furrowed, "Well you tell me, you were there probably more than I was. Why do you bring them up anyway?" Because the lass had only inquired into the lads language choice, she hadn't used the word feud once. She adjusts her top a little and tries to ignore the people wanting their drinks, wanting to speak to him a lil' more.

The hafling smiles to the lady "I do apologize lass, my mind was..." eyes the barmaids lovely figure again"umm..distracted there for a moment" Then flashes a warm smile to her "I know your busy, but would you like to share a drink with me?"

*Gamenote* although my character is talking with the barmaid. He is also taking in the rest of the bar. making notes of the heavy drinkers and the ones sitting in darken corners.
__________________
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2012, 04:30 PM   #52
Armphid
Crowned Sun
 
Armphid's Avatar
 
Armphid is offline
Join Date: May 2003
Location: In between failures
Posts: 8,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasShort View Post
The Spider flicked his eyes between them as they talked, and possibly smirked if mandibles allow. The snide little thing reached into a bag and withdrew a blue stone, cut by experts, you could tell from the grain, hitting the table with it with some force, causing the Tavern to humble to mumbles before returning to the excited drone of conversation once more. It spoke again in that horrific language and sipped away, with a newly expanding proboscis, at its drink.
Tel's eyes narrowed a bit. He didn't like anyone, or anything in this case, smirking up it's sleeve at him. Sleeves. It sure seemed like it could understand them though it wasn't willing to talk back.

It might be a question of able...but given the attitude it was putting off, he thought it was a question of will.

The stone caught his eye though. Beautiful, nice, clean cut; he'd seen many like it and fenced them all. "Pretty stone, friend. In the gem trade, are you? I'm not a merchant myself, though I'm always on the lookout for business opportunities. Where'd you get it?"
__________________
"It's a shallow life that doesn't leave a few scars."--Garrison Keillor

"Nothing can happen unless you swing the bat." -- Haruko Haruhara
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2012, 12:23 PM   #53
ThomasShort
Literotica Guru
 
ThomasShort's Avatar
 
ThomasShort is offline
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: A Victorian Hosiery Stall; Under a Placid Alien Moon; Hiding beneath a jewellery box; The Sahara; The imagination is rather endless I can become anything you wish for, which sounds like a glorious cliche and most likely is one.
Posts: 534
(Just awaiting the two other replies, and another party may be joining us)
__________________

They Under Spells


I can become anything you wish for, which sounds like a glorious cliche and most likely is one. I can become your evening gown or bra to contain your beauteous orbs; a pet curled on your thigh; a tattoo; a pet dragon; a lampshade adorned with dragonflies; a cloud; a 1 inch tall man tantalising your flesh with exploration...
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2012, 04:33 PM   #54
removed110513
Loves Spam
 
removed110513 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasShort View Post
The man just laughed and collared a barmaid, who promptly brought over 15 shots of Lil' Volcano, a couple of which would easily destroy the mind of Oldbone, "Nah, I think you're mistaken." His band of brothers laughed, "Your words were "if I can't do 15 shots, all yours." He taps the coins, "You never said I was drinkin', not what you were. Now drink up, or I'm takin' them due to the fact you gave up son." Oldbone, was savvy, can't ya just tell?
Jake nodded his head. "Fair enough." He grabbed the first shot, and drained it in one swig. The moment he swallowed it, his throat was burning, and his head became a little dizzy. He felt. Bit weird, but no wanting to give up, he took two more shots. Right then, he felt like throwing up, but knew he couldn't. Swallowing deeply, he continued he had finished his sixth shot and had begun his seventh when he passed out. It was too strong for him, and where he grew up, they whipped you for being perfect in every way in their standards.
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2012, 11:38 AM   #55
HookerBoots
Your Girl for All Seasons
 
HookerBoots's Avatar
 
HookerBoots is offline
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: O-H
Posts: 5,200
OOC: Can we tell anything else about the gem? Is it natural, or man-made? What kind is it? If we CAN tell what is is, do we know anything about it? Given the nexus of the storybook and the gem appearing here, does it fit the descriptions of any gems in those stories?

IC:
Blinking, Lynn looked at the gem sitting on the table. This creature was . . . bold, at the best, to bring something like that into a tavern and set it out. Even the nicest tavern had some bad apples in it, and that stone was large enough and lovely enough to set even pure hearts on a path of thievery.

"That's a lovely piece indeed," Lynn said softly. "And I am curious as well as to where you got it. I'd asked about fairy tales, friend. I wonder what one has to do with the other."
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2012, 08:54 PM   #56
ThomasShort
Literotica Guru
 
ThomasShort's Avatar
 
ThomasShort is offline
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: A Victorian Hosiery Stall; Under a Placid Alien Moon; Hiding beneath a jewellery box; The Sahara; The imagination is rather endless I can become anything you wish for, which sounds like a glorious cliche and most likely is one.
Posts: 534
OOC: 1) Would people like an OOC thread for this RP and 2) DungeonsofDread is joining, so I shall post once he has posted
__________________

They Under Spells


I can become anything you wish for, which sounds like a glorious cliche and most likely is one. I can become your evening gown or bra to contain your beauteous orbs; a pet curled on your thigh; a tattoo; a pet dragon; a lampshade adorned with dragonflies; a cloud; a 1 inch tall man tantalising your flesh with exploration...
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2012, 02:18 AM   #57
DungeonsOfDread
Dungeon Master
 
DungeonsOfDread's Avatar
 
DungeonsOfDread is offline
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 1,226
Hi guys sorry for the late join but here goes. And I wouldn't mind an OOC thread.


Name: Grimlock Sharpclaw(self appointed) Thomas Mathis(name given by his adopted family)
Race: Shifter(half-human/half werewolf)
Height: 6’ 5”
Hair: Dark brown with texture more like animal fur than hair. Also more hair on his body than a regular human
Eyes: Golden yellow(inherited from his wolf side)
Age: 25
Appearance: Being half beast Grimlock is bulkier than most human males, he has a pair of elongated fangs on the top half of his jaw and his finger nails and toe nails are razor sharp and extendable. By the standards of most races he would be considered feral and unattractive.

Weapons: Claws, teeth, Animal Companions(Hawk and wolf)

Background: Grimlock’s father was a werewolf and his mother a human. When his father had contracted the disease he wasn’t aware of it, on a night of unbridled passion with his wife the curse had passed onto him, but not entirely, leaving Grimlock a hybrid between two races. Nine months later his father had fully changed. In a fit of rage he attacked his pregnant wife. The local guard burst in upon hearing the disturbance and chased him out of town.
His mother’s wounds were too great and when the local cleric attended to her she was only able to save the child but not the mother. Grimlock was adopted by a local family but as he grew older the dual nature of his heritage became more apparent, his adopted family shunned him along with the rest of the town and although they allowed him to live in their home and stay in their town he was never welcome.

He spent most of his time as a loner, finding more companionship with the woodland animals than other village folk. He befriended a Hawk he named Zortha and a Wolf he named Droga but more interestingly he became attached to a hermit who lived in the woods, the hermit was an elderly elf who taught him the ways of a druid, in turn Grimlock gained invaluable knowledge about the inner workings of the natural world including basic magic and medicine. The Hermit never told him his real name but he treated Grimlock like a son and gave him a sense of belonging.

Two years ago a pack of werewolves attacked the village, the local guard were no match. Grimlock was in the woods hunting at the time and when he returned the village had been destroyed. He didn’t care much for the townsfolk but upon further investigation he discovered that the Hermit in a vain attempt to stop them was also killed in the process, the only person who meant something to him.

He vowed to track down the pack and make them pay. Thus his adventure began.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RacesShifterMale.jpg (30.3 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by DungeonsOfDread : 09-17-2012 at 03:23 AM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2012, 03:10 AM   #58
DungeonsOfDread
Dungeon Master
 
DungeonsOfDread's Avatar
 
DungeonsOfDread is offline
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 1,226
Grimlock Sharpclaw was sitting in the corner table of Angel’s Doorstep Tavern, he growled deeply scaring the nearby barmaid, most folk stayed away from him, although he was mostly human looking the sharp fangs, claws and golden yellow eyes generally frightened the average person. His trusty wolf companion Droga lay by his feet and his loyal hawk Zortha at his shoulder. When he first arrived the bar keep insisted they remain outside but one look was all it took to keep him quiet

He had been tracking his quarry for nearly two years but the trail had become stale. His druidic senses and superior tracking skills along with his faithful companions had kept him close behind but they had changed tactics.

The pack of werewolves he was tracking had used the River Vos to cover their trail and so Grimlock travelled to the nearest town to wait them out hoping they would attack the town. He had been in town for almost two months, living in the surrounding forest, unfortunately they didn’t show up and he was fresh out of patience. Just when he was about to give in, leave the town and try to pick up their trail four interesting strangers arrived.

They were new comers, most likely travellers passing through but Grimlock knew there was more to them. The most interesting new comer was the spider-like creature in the corner, it’s scent was not familiar and although not natural it blended into the shadows of the corner. Another was a half-elf; he hadn’t laid eyes one before but had heard of their kind, Grimlock observed her making her way over to the creature to initiate a conversation, were they friends of sorts? He couldn’t tell from where he was sitting yet and so he continued to observe.

Another two new comers entered the bar at that moment. First a small Halfling, then a muscular human. Something was amiss. In the two months he had stayed here mostly the local visited the tavern but in the last hour four new strangers were in town. Their arrival peaked his interest, could it have anything to do with him losing his quarry so easily?

Both the two new travellers sat down. The Halfling sat on a table to his own he seemed quite cheerful and conversed with the barmaid immediately. The Human who was quite tall and well built even compared to Grimlock joined a nearby table of other patrons, he slammed a drink down on the table and demanded something of them. Both seemed interesting but Grimlock looked back over to the ‘Spirescitt’ and half-elf. He spotted another patron he had not yet identified move over to their table; it was another human, with bright red hair, he didn’t seem dangerous or threatening but he could tell by the way he moved that there was more to this one.

Grimlock took one last gulp of his water flask and stood up, he preferred to gather and drink his own water than to indulge in the alcoholic beverages of the tavern. He motioned Droga to follow and he made his way over to the ‘Spirescitt’s’ table whilst keeping an eye on the halfling and the burly human, they both seemed ingrossed in both conversation and drinking. As he approached the table he noticed a small blue stone and a book in front of them on the table.

“Greetings fellow travellers, what brings you to this cesspool of a town?” In a deep gruff voice he spoke to the whole table but maintained eye contact with the ‘Spirescitt’.

OOC: Sorry for the long post I felt like I had to catch up.

Last edited by DungeonsOfDread : 09-17-2012 at 03:18 AM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2012, 01:59 PM   #59
AcerbusX
Really Experienced
 
AcerbusX's Avatar
 
AcerbusX is offline
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: East of Eden
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasShort View Post
OOC: 1) Would people like an OOC thread for this RP and 2) DungeonsofDread is joining, so I shall post once he has posted
an OOC thread would be pretty helpful. I vote for yes. And welcome DoD, I like your character. very creative.
__________________
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2012, 02:00 PM   #60
removed110513
Loves Spam
 
removed110513 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,478
I agree, an OOC thread would be helpful.
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-19-2012, 07:17 AM   #61
ThomasShort
Literotica Guru
 
ThomasShort's Avatar
 
ThomasShort is offline
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: A Victorian Hosiery Stall; Under a Placid Alien Moon; Hiding beneath a jewellery box; The Sahara; The imagination is rather endless I can become anything you wish for, which sounds like a glorious cliche and most likely is one.
Posts: 534
Here we are!

That be the OOC Thread. I shall read your posts soon
__________________

They Under Spells


I can become anything you wish for, which sounds like a glorious cliche and most likely is one. I can become your evening gown or bra to contain your beauteous orbs; a pet curled on your thigh; a tattoo; a pet dragon; a lampshade adorned with dragonflies; a cloud; a 1 inch tall man tantalising your flesh with exploration...
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-21-2012, 09:46 PM   #62
ThomasShort
Literotica Guru
 
ThomasShort's Avatar
 
ThomasShort is offline
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: A Victorian Hosiery Stall; Under a Placid Alien Moon; Hiding beneath a jewellery box; The Sahara; The imagination is rather endless I can become anything you wish for, which sounds like a glorious cliche and most likely is one.
Posts: 534
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcerbusX View Post
She, rather than leaning over the lil' one provocatively like before, stands up more straight, brow furrowed, "Well you tell me, you were there probably more than I was. Why do you bring them up anyway?" Because the lass had only inquired into the lads language choice, she hadn't used the word feud once. She adjusts her top a little and tries to ignore the people wanting their drinks, wanting to speak to him a lil' more.

The hafling smiles to the lady "I do apologize lass, my mind was..." eyes the barmaids lovely figure again"umm..distracted there for a moment" Then flashes a warm smile to her "I know your busy, but would you like to share a drink with me?"
The barmaid softens but remains stood upright, quite enjoying her height difference, "Sadly I can't, on duty, maybe later." She winks and wanders away picking up some empty glasses as she leaves.

CHOICES:
1) Follow the barmaid, though she is very busty
2) Join another group
3) Find another fellow to speak to
4) Custom Choice, your own decision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armphid View Post
Tel's eyes narrowed a bit. He didn't like anyone, or anything in this case, smirking up it's sleeve at him. Sleeves. It sure seemed like it could understand them though it wasn't willing to talk back.

It might be a question of able...but given the attitude it was putting off, he thought it was a question of will.

The stone caught his eye though. Beautiful, nice, clean cut; he'd seen many like it and fenced them all. "Pretty stone, friend. In the gem trade, are you? I'm not a merchant myself, though I'm always on the lookout for business opportunities. Where'd you get it?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookerBoots View Post
Blinking, Lynn looked at the gem sitting on the table. This creature was . . . bold, at the best, to bring something like that into a tavern and set it out. Even the nicest tavern had some bad apples in it, and that stone was large enough and lovely enough to set even pure hearts on a path of thievery.

"That's a lovely piece indeed," Lynn said softly. "And I am curious as well as to where you got it. I'd asked about fairy tales, friend. I wonder what one has to do with the other."
The Spider-creature nodded knowingly at the pair, eyes blinking in quick succession. He finished his tall drink in a single slurp and slammed the drink down, a barmaid that had been talking oh so pleasantly with a halfling earlier taking it away with a meek smile. She briefly mutters, "Don't bother with those stones Miss and Sir, they only cause trouble." before she shuffled away.

The creature lengthened a long, carapaced arm and tapped the stone thrice, nodding fervently, before tapping it three times once more. It never lost eyecontact with the pair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpenman View Post
Jake nodded his head. "Fair enough." He grabbed the first shot, and drained it in one swig. The moment he swallowed it, his throat was burning, and his head became a little dizzy. He felt. Bit weird, but no wanting to give up, he took two more shots. Right then, he felt like throwing up, but knew he couldn't. Swallowing deeply, he continued he had finished his sixth shot and had begun his seventh when he passed out. It was too strong for him, and where he grew up, they whipped you for being perfect in every way in their standards.
The Mercenaries chuckles and guffawed and the poor man's attempts at drinking so many of the deadly shots. Calling over a plump brunette, the Merc ordered some Streamkin, a cocktail of obscure properties gathered from various medicinal roots. Pouring the liquid over Jake, it would soon awaken him, albeit with a deadly hangover, one that would disorientate if a battle were to arise. "Well done for tryin' at least." The humiliating chortles didn't cease at all.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DungeonsOfDread View Post
Grimlock Sharpclaw was sitting in the corner table of Angel’s Doorstep Tavern, he growled deeply scaring the nearby barmaid, most folk stayed away from him, although he was mostly human looking the sharp fangs, claws and golden yellow eyes generally frightened the average person. His trusty wolf companion Droga lay by his feet and his loyal hawk Zortha at his shoulder. When he first arrived the bar keep insisted they remain outside but one look was all it took to keep him quiet

He had been tracking his quarry for nearly two years but the trail had become stale. His druidic senses and superior tracking skills along with his faithful companions had kept him close behind but they had changed tactics.

The pack of werewolves he was tracking had used the River Vos to cover their trail and so Grimlock travelled to the nearest town to wait them out hoping they would attack the town. He had been in town for almost two months, living in the surrounding forest, unfortunately they didn’t show up and he was fresh out of patience. Just when he was about to give in, leave the town and try to pick up their trail four interesting strangers arrived.

They were new comers, most likely travellers passing through but Grimlock knew there was more to them. The most interesting new comer was the spider-like creature in the corner, it’s scent was not familiar and although not natural it blended into the shadows of the corner. Another was a half-elf; he hadn’t laid eyes one before but had heard of their kind, Grimlock observed her making her way over to the creature to initiate a conversation, were they friends of sorts? He couldn’t tell from where he was sitting yet and so he continued to observe.

Another two new comers entered the bar at that moment. First a small Halfling, then a muscular human. Something was amiss. In the two months he had stayed here mostly the local visited the tavern but in the last hour four new strangers were in town. Their arrival peaked his interest, could it have anything to do with him losing his quarry so easily?

Both the two new travellers sat down. The Halfling sat on a table to his own he seemed quite cheerful and conversed with the barmaid immediately. The Human who was quite tall and well built even compared to Grimlock joined a nearby table of other patrons, he slammed a drink down on the table and demanded something of them. Both seemed interesting but Grimlock looked back over to the ‘Spirescitt’ and half-elf. He spotted another patron he had not yet identified move over to their table; it was another human, with bright red hair, he didn’t seem dangerous or threatening but he could tell by the way he moved that there was more to this one.

Grimlock took one last gulp of his water flask and stood up, he preferred to gather and drink his own water than to indulge in the alcoholic beverages of the tavern. He motioned Droga to follow and he made his way over to the ‘Spirescitt’s’ table whilst keeping an eye on the halfling and the burly human, they both seemed ingrossed in both conversation and drinking. As he approached the table he noticed a small blue stone and a book in front of them on the table.

“Greetings fellow travellers, what brings you to this cesspool of a town?” In a deep gruff voice he spoke to the whole table but maintained eye contact with the ‘Spirescitt’.

OOC: Sorry for the long post I felt like I had to catch up.

(in all honesty, as this relates to other characters I will let them reply to this, seems natural)
__________________

They Under Spells


I can become anything you wish for, which sounds like a glorious cliche and most likely is one. I can become your evening gown or bra to contain your beauteous orbs; a pet curled on your thigh; a tattoo; a pet dragon; a lampshade adorned with dragonflies; a cloud; a 1 inch tall man tantalising your flesh with exploration...
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-21-2012, 09:53 PM   #63
removed110513
Loves Spam
 
removed110513 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,478
deleted
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-21-2012, 09:54 PM   #64
removed110513
Loves Spam
 
removed110513 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasShort View Post
The Mercenaries chuckles and guffawed and the poor man's attempts at drinking so many of the deadly shots. Calling over a plump brunette, the Merc ordered some Streamkin, a cocktail of obscure properties gathered from various medicinal roots. Pouring the liquid over Jake, it would soon awaken him, albeit with a deadly hangover, one that would disorientate if a battle were to arise. "Well done for tryin' at least." The humiliating chortles didn't cease at all.
Jake faintly heard the Mercenaries laugh, and then he regained consciouseness. He opened his eyes, and felt wet. No doubt either a prank or some sort of medicine to awaken him. He stood up, and felt an enormous headache. He could barely stand, let alone fight if the need arose. He sat back into his chair, his head throbbing, and saw as his gold was taken from him. The Mercenaries' however, didnt stop laughing. Their laughter annoyed Jake, but he knew that he couldn't stop them, or else he would be expected to fight. He turned to Oldbone, and continued speaking to him. "Could you tell your men to pipe down; there laughter is making my headache worse." he grunted.
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-21-2012, 10:56 PM   #65
HookerBoots
Your Girl for All Seasons
 
HookerBoots's Avatar
 
HookerBoots is offline
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: O-H
Posts: 5,200
Lynn let her eyes slide over to where the new arrival was standing, keeping the spider-creature in her periphery. It was never a good idea to take your eyes off of someone you just met in a tavern, especially when the someone couldn't even speak the same language as you.

'I've come to find adventure - I'm a traveler by nature and calling. And I've got skills that I can sell, without having to sacrifice my morals overmuch." She smiled a bit, then nodded at the others at the table. "I've just sat with two others who don't seem to have much in common with the others here, and Tel," she gestured with one hand, "and I have found that the fellow in the corner," she gestured to the spider-thing, "doesn't speak a language we know. I don't suppose," Lynn said hopefully, "that you speak Clicksnap?"
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2012, 12:52 AM   #66
DungeonsOfDread
Dungeon Master
 
DungeonsOfDread's Avatar
 
DungeonsOfDread is offline
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 1,226
OOC: I'm gonna assume I don't speak click snap, since I'm guessing the creature is not an animal of nature. And I'll just go ahead with my response since I dont know when the Armphid will respond

IC:
"Evening Miss, Sir” He responded gruffly offering his hand out as a greeting to all three of them. He had learnt from his limited teachings the importance of civility and although he despised such customs, he also understood the importance of culture especially to those he had not yet become acquainted to.

“I am Grimlock Sharpclaw, also a traveller of sorts, or perhaps a hunter is more accurate. It is a pleasure to meet you all and I am afraid that I am not familiar with the language but perhaps I can join you for I am always up for a challenge.”

Zorta squaked and Droga barked in unison.

“Ah yes these are my trusty companions Zorta.” He motioned to his shoulder where the hawk stood proud. “And Droga.” The wolf sat back at the introduction. “We are always up for a challenge.” He corrected.

Editforgot to add this)"So my friend what is the gem all about?" directing his question toward the creature.

Last edited by DungeonsOfDread : 09-22-2012 at 01:58 AM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2012, 09:05 AM   #67
SinisterSpiders
Meow
 
SinisterSpiders is online now
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Southern Hemisphere
Posts: 1,423
Inariel sipped her spiced wine and watched the spider-like creature intently. It had been a long while since she had seen a Spirescitt in these parts. It seemed that she wasn't the only one interested in the novelty that it presented. From her stool at the bar she could see that at least three other travellers had noted the curiosity. However, Inariel wasn't so sure whether it was the insect-like creature that had drawn the attention of a Shifter, a Hal-Elf and a Human or the beautiful blue stone it held in its fingers.
Ignoring the loud cheers and jeers from a table where some mercenaries were playing a heavily biased drinking game with a muscular human, Inariel focused her energy on trying to hear what was happening at the table with the Spirescitt. The sound of its unearthly language made Inariel's skin crawl, but it seemed to be terribly amused by its situation. Taking another sip of her wine, Inariel resolved to keep a close eye on what was happening at that corner table. There were too many people there as it was, and she had no real desire to get too much closer to the creature, but if things became more interesting she may just decide to go over there and check it out for herself.
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2012, 03:21 PM   #68
AcerbusX
Really Experienced
 
AcerbusX's Avatar
 
AcerbusX is offline
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: East of Eden
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasShort View Post
The barmaid softens but remains stood upright, quite enjoying her height difference, "Sadly I can't, on duty, maybe later." She winks and wanders away picking up some empty glasses as she leaves.

CHOICES:
1) Follow the barmaid, though she is very busty
2) Join another group
3) Find another fellow to speak to
4) Custom Choice, your own decision

Going with #4 here
Smiles as he watches the barmaid leave then lets out a small sigh "Then I guess it's time to find some work" he says to himself "the purse is getting kinda low" and pats the little bag tied securely to his belt. taking his cup and leaning back he eyes the room carefully..then his keen ears pick up the soft click-snap language. Although he doesn't speak it. He knows whoever is speaking it..always has a few trinkets that could fatten his purse.

He scans the room for the source of the language.
__________________
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-25-2012, 07:55 PM   #69
Armphid
Crowned Sun
 
Armphid's Avatar
 
Armphid is offline
Join Date: May 2003
Location: In between failures
Posts: 8,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasShort View Post
The Spider-creature nodded knowingly at the pair, eyes blinking in quick succession. He finished his tall drink in a single slurp and slammed the drink down, a barmaid that had been talking oh so pleasantly with a halfling earlier taking it away with a meek smile. She briefly mutters, "Don't bother with those stones Miss and Sir, they only cause trouble." before she shuffled away.

The creature lengthened a long, carapaced arm and tapped the stone thrice, nodding fervently, before tapping it three times once more. It never lost eyecontact with the pair.
Tel's arms were crossed over his chest as this went on. He was about done with this, all told. But still, it was best to at least be polite to the stranger who'd come up. "Name's Tel, Mr. Sharpclaw. And a fine looking pair of allies you have."

"You'll pardon me a moment all, I hope. I think I'll get us all a round, aye?" He smiled as he stood and walked after the barmaid. He stepped up, calling out, "Miss, a round for myself and the three there, if you would." As he drew closer, he lowered his voice, "Miss, what do you mean about those stones and causin' trouble? If the many legged fellow's hustling me or looking to put the blame on folks for some theft of his, I'd be keen to know."
__________________
"It's a shallow life that doesn't leave a few scars."--Garrison Keillor

"Nothing can happen unless you swing the bat." -- Haruko Haruhara
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2012, 07:04 AM   #70
ThomasShort
Literotica Guru
 
ThomasShort's Avatar
 
ThomasShort is offline
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: A Victorian Hosiery Stall; Under a Placid Alien Moon; Hiding beneath a jewellery box; The Sahara; The imagination is rather endless I can become anything you wish for, which sounds like a glorious cliche and most likely is one.
Posts: 534
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpenman View Post
Jake faintly heard the Mercenaries laugh, and then he regained consciouseness. He opened his eyes, and felt wet. No doubt either a prank or some sort of medicine to awaken him. He stood up, and felt an enormous headache. He could barely stand, let alone fight if the need arose. He sat back into his chair, his head throbbing, and saw as his gold was taken from him. The Mercenaries' however, didnt stop laughing. Their laughter annoyed Jake, but he knew that he couldn't stop them, or else he would be expected to fight. He turned to Oldbone, and continued speaking to him. "Could you tell your men to pipe down; there laughter is making my headache worse." he grunted.
Oldbone merely laughed and passed what was once Jake's money to a curled moustached gentleman to his right, who quickly stood and headed to the bar, along with some of his 'troops'. "I like that you don't give up boy. What brings you to Astravadia?" Outside the streets were growing busier with nightlife tomfoolery, the high tower of the Flustered Queen unfurling its red flags to indicate the sun had begun to set, that the day was beginning its closure.
The Merc's just drink and buy more drink, awaiting Jake's reply.

(note: events for other people are going to effect you soon, read other replies if you haven't been already)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcerbusX View Post
Smiles as he watches the barmaid leave then lets out a small sigh "Then I guess it's time to find some work" he says to himself "the purse is getting kinda low" and pats the little bag tied securely to his belt. taking his cup and leaning back he eyes the room carefully..then his keen ears pick up the soft click-snap language. Although he doesn't speak it. He knows whoever is speaking it..always has a few trinkets that could fatten his purse.

He scans the room for the source of the language.
The Halfling would eventually find the source, in the corner, in the shadows, attracting much attention:
(apologies for short post but I'm going straight to the spider)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookerBoots View Post
Lynn let her eyes slide over to where the new arrival was standing, keeping the spider-creature in her periphery. It was never a good idea to take your eyes off of someone you just met in a tavern, especially when the someone couldn't even speak the same language as you.

'I've come to find adventure - I'm a traveler by nature and calling. And I've got skills that I can sell, without having to sacrifice my morals overmuch." She smiled a bit, then nodded at the others at the table. "I've just sat with two others who don't seem to have much in common with the others here, and Tel," she gestured with one hand, "and I have found that the fellow in the corner," she gestured to the spider-thing, "doesn't speak a language we know. I don't suppose," Lynn said hopefully, "that you speak Clicksnap?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DungeonsOfDread View Post
"Evening Miss, Sir” He responded gruffly offering his hand out as a greeting to all three of them. He had learnt from his limited teachings the importance of civility and although he despised such customs, he also understood the importance of culture especially to those he had not yet become acquainted to.

“I am Grimlock Sharpclaw, also a traveller of sorts, or perhaps a hunter is more accurate. It is a pleasure to meet you all and I am afraid that I am not familiar with the language but perhaps I can join you for I am always up for a challenge.”

Zorta squaked and Droga barked in unison.

“Ah yes these are my trusty companions Zorta.” He motioned to his shoulder where the hawk stood proud. “And Droga.” The wolf sat back at the introduction. “We are always up for a challenge.” He corrected.

Editforgot to add this)"So my friend what is the gem all about?" directing his question toward the creature.
The Clicksnap speaking gent taps the stone more forcefully but soon ceases when the man with the animals heads over. His carapace begins to gleam as he eyes the hawk, eventually tilting his head and screeching at it, mandibles opening in directions initially impossible. As he continues to screech at the hawk, in that high pitched wail, he knocks the stone from the table it rolling across the floor of the tavern. It seems the thing really does not like the hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armphid View Post
Tel's arms were crossed over his chest as this went on. He was about done with this, all told. But still, it was best to at least be polite to the stranger who'd come up. "Name's Tel, Mr. Sharpclaw. And a fine looking pair of allies you have."

"You'll pardon me a moment all, I hope. I think I'll get us all a round, aye?" He smiled as he stood and walked after the barmaid. He stepped up, calling out, "Miss, a round for myself and the three there, if you would." As he drew closer, he lowered his voice, "Miss, what do you mean about those stones and causin' trouble? If the many legged fellow's hustling me or looking to put the blame on folks for some theft of his, I'd be keen to know."
The blond barmaid turns to face the taller warrior - quite different from speaking with the halfling like before, who she notes is also interested with the corner of the bar - and she folds her arms and leans close to whisper in return, "Its fine currency, you gather. Stone like that and everyone will be after it. If I were you I'd try and get him to leave before my boss deci..."

Before she can finish she notes that the stone is rolling across the floor towards the Mercenaries, past the halfling. The barmaid looks less than amused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterSpiders View Post
Inariel sipped her spiced wine and watched the spider-like creature intently. It had been a long while since she had seen a Spirescitt in these parts. It seemed that she wasn't the only one interested in the novelty that it presented. From her stool at the bar she could see that at least three other travellers had noted the curiosity. However, Inariel wasn't so sure whether it was the insect-like creature that had drawn the attention of a Shifter, a Hal-Elf and a Human or the beautiful blue stone it held in its fingers.
Ignoring the loud cheers and jeers from a table where some mercenaries were playing a heavily biased drinking game with a muscular human, Inariel focused her energy on trying to hear what was happening at the table with the Spirescitt. The sound of its unearthly language made Inariel's skin crawl, but it seemed to be terribly amused by its situation. Taking another sip of her wine, Inariel resolved to keep a close eye on what was happening at that corner table. There were too many people there as it was, and she had no real desire to get too much closer to the creature, but if things became more interesting she may just decide to go over there and check it out for herself.
The Gem eventually, after rolling, lands against Inairel's foot, tilted to the side, the blue sheen now covered in veins of a darker shade, it seeming to thrum gently with an electrical energy, an energy only found to the Northern Citadels if any had travelled or heard of there. The Clicksnapper is still busy hating winged beasts.
__________________

They Under Spells


I can become anything you wish for, which sounds like a glorious cliche and most likely is one. I can become your evening gown or bra to contain your beauteous orbs; a pet curled on your thigh; a tattoo; a pet dragon; a lampshade adorned with dragonflies; a cloud; a 1 inch tall man tantalising your flesh with exploration...
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2012, 09:42 AM   #71
SinisterSpiders
Meow
 
SinisterSpiders is online now
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Southern Hemisphere
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasShort View Post
The Gem eventually, after rolling, lands against Inairel's foot, tilted to the side, the blue sheen now covered in veins of a darker shade, it seeming to thrum gently with an electrical energy, an energy only found to the Northern Citadels if any had travelled or heard of there. The Clicksnapper is still busy hating winged beasts.
Inariel frowned as she watched the gem get knocked from the table and roll it's way over to her. Her attention was torn between watching the Spirescitt screeching and trying to get a better look at the object that had already caused so much disruption. As soon as it came to rest against her foot her frown deepened. She put her wine down on the table and stuck her hand between her grey linen travel shirt and her embossed back corset. When her fingers felt the delicate silk of her handkerchief she plucked it out and looked at the blue gem again.
It was a beautiful gem, that was for sure. As soon as she had first sighted it from across the room she had known that. Now, however, she realised just how beautiful it really was. The blue wasn't one colour as she had originally thought, instead it was covered in veins of a darker blue, the entire thing thrumming with an energy that reminded her of somewhere she had once visited in her years of travelling.
With a small sigh Inariel slid off the bar stool, careful not to disrupt the gem too much, and stood. She folded her handkerchief over several times before she lent over and wrapped the fabric around the gem so she could grasp it without her skin making contact with it. Sometimes even the most mundane items could have hidden dangers, and a gem of such striking beauty was a suspicious item indeed; especially one in the hands of a Spirescitt. Holding the gem gingerly in the silk Inariel walked through the crowded tavern, past the loud mercenaries, and over to the table where the Spirescitt was still screeching at the hawk in his uncomfortably high pitched voice.
"I believe this is yours." Inariel said, trying her best to keep her voice low and soothing, as she held the gem out for the Spirescitt to see. Inariel kept her grip on the stone loose and had a small smile on her face, eager to gesture to the Spirescitt that she wanted him to take it back.
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-30-2012, 11:29 PM   #72
DungeonsOfDread
Dungeon Master
 
DungeonsOfDread's Avatar
 
DungeonsOfDread is offline
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 1,226
Grimlock was taken aback by the creature's reaction to Zorta. He watched in slow motion as the blue crystal that had drawn so much attention drop to the floor and roll toward the foot of another patron.

The stranger retrieved a piece of cloth from their clothing and picked it up. Grimlock observed them coming toward their table, convinced now by the stature and walk; this new comer was most certainly female.

Grimlock opted to remedy the situation caused by his companion rather than further involve himself. At least for the time being.

"Come my friends lets go outside before we cause more trouble." Grimlock spoke pointedly toward his winged companion. He along with his compaions made his way out of the tavern swiftly. He perched his hawk on a nearby rail and motioned his wolf to remain with him.

"You two stay here. I'm going back inside to find out more about these new strangers. Don't worry I'll be back." The two obeyed, Zorta content with keeping watch and Droga laid down beneath him.

Grimlock returned to the tavern ignoring the accusatory stares as he approached the table again. The new woman was standing before the Spirescritt offering the gem back to it, she seemed very anxious to be rid of it.

"Greetings Miss, I am Grimlock, it is a pleasure to meet you." He initiated conversation as politely as his gruff voice allowed him.
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-03-2012, 03:57 PM   #73
AcerbusX
Really Experienced
 
AcerbusX's Avatar
 
AcerbusX is offline
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: East of Eden
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasShort View Post
The Halfling would eventually find the source, in the corner, in the shadows, attracting much attention.
With a sly grin, The rouge eyes the gem rolling past him, his first reaction was to snatch it up and make a quick get-a-away. But thought against it. after all, where's one, there might be more.

Watching as Inairel returns the stone. Yorvick discreetly gets up from his table a moves to one much closer to the owner of the stone. Sitting down. he tilts back a little and listens to the conversation.
__________________
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-03-2012, 04:24 PM   #74
removed110513
Loves Spam
 
removed110513 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,478
Joke grunted, drinking some water from one of his flasks, trying to ease the burning in his throat. He gulped down half of the contents, and then returned it to his pouch. "Ah, not much. Just came here to see if I could fine any good fighters wo shall pose me a challenge. Haven't met one so far." he said, feeling his headache slowly ebb away. If only he had some ice, but he knew it was scarce in most places. He knew he would just have to bear with the pain.
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-07-2012, 07:17 AM   #75
SinisterSpiders
Meow
 
SinisterSpiders is online now
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Southern Hemisphere
Posts: 1,423
Inariel turned to see the Shifter coming back into the Tavern without his pets. The bird's squaking had now stopped, but Inariel was wondering what the Spirescitt would do now- it was obviously quite agitated.

"Greetings Miss, I am Grimlock, it is a pleasure to meet you." The Shifter, Grimlock, said in a cordial manner which was at complete odds with his rough voice.

"Greetings Grimlock, I am Inariel Sei'rionne." She replied with a half smile, trying to avoid becoming distracted by the conversation. She still had no idea if the bug-like creature would calm down, and was still holding the stone out to him patiently.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:25 AM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.