Old 12-27-2012, 10:41 AM   #1
DeathsKnight
Harmless Teddybear

Doom Ic

Year 2876

Greg Sanders was stretched out in his bunk, it had been a furious week, the week-end usually was the time they had to relax and try to recuperate some of the heavy tolls that they asked of their bodies during the week. You would think that as technical support he would not have to go through the same rigorous work that the other had to endure, but each part of the team had to stay in the same peak and also had to do the same amount of work and same level of shooting ability that the rest of the team had. He had his eyes closed, not asleep, not awake, just...dozing.

He had been recruited into the United Space Marines Tactical Assault Squad (USMTAS) two months ago, learned that once you come to the USMTAS you're demoted from any rank you had to Grunt, you have to work your way to Private, Corporal, Sergeant and Staff-Sergeant. There was no higher ranks as no USMTAS ever lasted longer than twelve years. Lieutenant Franklin Devans and Captain Steve Jones was only in those ranks as they were promoted into them. Oh and just as an afterthought Private, the only way you're getting promoted is Battlefield Promotion. Greg smirked at the thought. Not that it mattered, at least he was not a Grunt anymore.

"Team Foxtrot, Team Foxtrot report for duty. This is not a drill, I repeat this is not a drill."

The voice did not even finish when Greg was on his feet, by the time it had finished, his boots was on his feet. Seconds later he was pounding down the hallway, his team mates close on his heels. The voice over the PA system had been that of Staff-Sargeant Duke Lewins, he was tough as nails, a bit of a loose cannon, but always got his job done. They entered the indoor parade ground for team Foxtrot, codename Wolves. Staff Lewins was waiting already, hand behind his back, even at ease his bulk seemed ready to beat anything into submission.

Greg came to a halt and snapped to attention, next to him three more of their squad came to a halt and behind him the other four. Greg knew that Lewins had been keeping count of how many seconds had passed and that the dress would tell him how quickly they had assembled.

"Rollins, Solomon, Denvers! You are naked!"

Naked meant without weapon, even if you carried a stick you would not be seen as naked, yet the three of them had showed up without weapons of any kind. Greg suppressed a sigh, that meant more drilling for them today, when they were supposed to rest. But then again showing up naked, three out of eight made them tactically much weaker than they should have been.

"We'll discuss this little incident later. Right now we have a mission."

Everybody broke their stiff stance to glance at each other, when the Wolves gets called in, it's not for the feint of heart and usually even fewer people survived in the Wolves due to the nature of their missions. This would be Greg's first mission and he could feel the rest wonder if he was ready for this.

"In twenty minutes we will head for Lunar Seven, from there we will jump to Sattari Z-776. There is an outpost which have reported a significant discovery in Biologicals found on the planet. We are to go there, find out why we have lost contact and get back in time for dinner...MOVE OUT!"

That was the briefing, that was all they needed to know. The dispersion was quick as every single one of them knew where to go, get suited up and grab your gear. It took all of ten minutes for the Wolves to assemble on the flight deck, of course Staff Lewins was already there, the first to arrive was Greg and the last was Sargeant Laura Brannings.

"Alright ladies, this one is quick clean and by the book, I don't need to babysit any of you. We go in, we get the intel and we get out. We are not there to clean up any mess, we are there for data only."

The transport ship came in to land, the ramp extended,

"Saddle up!"

Greg moved with the group, he got into his designated seat, secured his rifle in it's mount and buckled himself him. All around him the others did the same, it took a few seconds to get everybody in, the ramp closed up behind them as Staff Lewins took his seat close to the cockpit. A lurch and the ship started to rise, a faint popping sound was heard as it accelerated through the sound barrier and then the humming of the gravity generator kicked in as they left the atmosphere. A good natured chattering filled the cabin, the only people not talking was Greg and Staff Lewins. Lewins was busy going through a report, Greg was the youngest and newest to the group, he had nothing to say.

Hyperdrive kicked in and when it disengaged, the moon was in full view on Greg's side of the windows. It drew in close fast, they headed for an elevated area, Greg could clearly see the base

They circled it and came to a hovering stop half a kilometer from the dimensional gate. The craft lowered down into a hanger and Greg shifted slightly in his seat. A soft bump and they were down. Green light. Greg pulled his weapon from the mount, the LED display powered up.

"Welcome Spartan."

All down the middle positioned seats the weapons powered up.

"Welcome Snake."

"Welcome Rock."

"Welcome Cowboy."

"Welcome Sting."

"Welcome Kid."

"Welcome Hermes."

"Welcome Rose."

A soft curse and the sergeant started to hammer at the display, the voice squealed in protest.

"Welcome Dante."

Staff rose and grabbed his own rifle,

"Welcome Duke."

The ramp opened and the squad moved out, as Greg was the last one in the row, he was the first one out. He looked around at the technicians, then the double doors opened, four people came towards them. Three men and one woman, and from the looks of her, he did not really think that she would be up here on a moon base, rather down on Earth, wearing designer clothing for a living, but he kept his thoughts to himself, as those usually were the things that got him into trouble in the first place.

Am back, one or two posts a day during the week if the signal works along. Weekends is mayor active time. If I have missed a post please PM me to let me know

SRP Profile

ORP Profile

My New Home (Under Construction)

Last edited by DeathsKnight : 12-27-2012 at 02:11 PM.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:33 AM   #2
WolfGirl69
Literotica Guru

Doom Ic

can i join?

Old 12-27-2012, 06:41 PM   #3
ScrewedUpFairy
Virgin

Sandra Evert

(OOC: Wolfgirl, I'd say you'd have to look at the DOOM OOC first.)

It had been quite a rush, but here she was. On moon base X7. This morning she was still looking out on the city scape of New York, now, barely six hours later she was on the moon.

"Doctor Evert, I am glad that you have agreed to come, I am quite sure that your expertise would be most useful."

Those where the words which actually welcomed her onto the flight. She was lured onto the craft with a document. A dossier so to speak of biological findings, findings that would not only make her work easier, but also save the lives of countless of people. She was hoping to get more material or more information, but the only thing she was told that she had to go with a group which have been assembled to go to the outpost on a distant planet.

And here she stood in a hanger, looking at a group of men who looked like they were going to go to that station and kill anything on sight. She caught one of the soldiers staring at her, then quickly look away. She wondered if there was anything wrong, she almost touched her hair, but realized that soldiers usually had this kind of reaction around women. She smiled to herself and listened to the three doctors making their statements. The following words caught her off guard and she gaped,

"Staff Lewins, Doctor Evert will accompany you on this mission. She has to extract vital data for us, which only somebody with her vast biological knowledge can find and extract."

What? They didn't say anything about that on the way here!

"Forget our memories, forget our possibilities, what you were changing me into. Just give me myself back and don't stay."

Yes a Linkin Park quote, I love them so deal with it

Old 12-28-2012, 02:37 AM   #4
DeathsKnight
Harmless Teddybear

Greg could see the woman's expression, she did not know about this as well.

"Absolutely not."

Staff's voice was firm,

"We're not taking a non-combatant into a place we know nothing about."

Professor Goldstein stepped forward,

"Well you are taking her with you Lewins, she goes or your team gets kicked out of the USMTAC. We are the guys paying your wages and making sure you have the best weapons available for your missions. Who else did you think would be in charge? The USP of course."

Greg frowned, the United Space Program?

"We brought the USMTAC into being, because we encountered situations out in space which was best left to men with guns. So Lewins, you will take Doctor Evans with you."

Staff looked ready to explode, but he got control of himself and with a grumble turned from the group to face the Wolves,

"Seems we have no choice."

Greg stepped forward,

"Sir I'll take guard duty, I am the newest in the group, I doubt it would bother me that much."

Lewins nodded at him, looked at the group and they all seemed a bit relieved, he turned back to Goldstein.

"Alright, we'll take her along."

Am back, one or two posts a day during the week if the signal works along. Weekends is mayor active time. If I have missed a post please PM me to let me know

SRP Profile

ORP Profile

Old 01-04-2013, 11:28 AM   #5
ScrewedUpFairy
Virgin

She had gotten swept up in all of this way too fast,

"Wait...don't I have a say in this?"

Goldstein glanced at her,

"No. You're under contract with USP. We did not bring all the way here to look pretty."

She sighed,

"At least I have done some basic training, so I'm sure I can fire a weapon if the need arose."

"Forget our memories, forget our possibilities, what you were changing me into. Just give me myself back and don't stay."

Yes a Linkin Park quote, I love them so deal with it

Old 01-04-2013, 11:46 AM   #6
DeathsKnight
Harmless Teddybear

"Oh yeah, give her a gun and she will fix you up after shooting you."

"Psh, wannabe soldier."

Greg looked over at the others,

"Shut up. At least she is offering some help."

Of course her being under his protection for the trip only started when they started the trip, but he just thought the comments were out of line and rude towards her. She didn't want this any more than they do, he faced the doctor.

"Don't worry doc, we have enough weapons, if you have to fire a gun it means we're in deep shit."

His words brought snickers from the others, only Staff's glare made them sober up.

"Departure time in ten minutes, shake a leg ladies, I was busy with a melted cheese sandwich, I want to be back before it gets cold."

SRP Profile

ORP Profile