The Official Author's Hangout Nude Day Contest Support Thread

PennLady

Literotica Guru
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Posts
9,412
Summer's coming and you know what that means -- less clothing, and even less clothing than that. So it must be time for the Literotica Nude Day contest!

National Nude Day (July 14)
themes: public nudity, exhibitionism, etc.
starts: June 20
closes: July 11
winners announced: July 18

Now's your chance to find new angles on being au naturel, nude, naked or nekkid, whichever. Have fun!

Official rules to follow later.
 
Already got a couple started. Had one finished but it's on the lost thumb drive. :rolleyes:
 
I have one finished, it will be my only submission because I'm lazy like that.

Can't wait though! :)
 
I've had the beginning of mine done for a while now. Guess it's time to get it finished :)
 
Bunny's for this and earth day just seem to elude me.

I do think this is a tough one. I mean, the majority of time in the sex scenes, people have their clothes off. I.e., they are nude. I haven't had any ideas on how to make the nudity the focus of it and sexy/erotic. I guess I just don't work that way.
 
Ohhh myyy gaaawd!!!! FINALLY!!!

There has been a great deal of discussion on the tiger ladys previous threads as well as many other threads about the rules of the LITEROTICA contests and what and how they differ from the A.I.R. Contest rules. I would like to clarify this matter for all newbys so that no confusion can be claimed at a later date.

A.I.R. has no formal ties to LITEROTICA. They are two distinct and seperate organizations. A.I.R runs their contests at the same time as LITEROTICA (with usually the same theme) but does so under its own rules and regulations.

They are as follows:

[size=+2]ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS (A.I.R.)[/size]

2012 Nude Day Contest


burka_veil_hijab_arab_sex_32.jpg


You can begin submitting your stories on Saturday, June 16th and up until July 10th. We encourage all contestants to submit their stories as early in the submission window as possible. Those authors who try to abuse the system by entering their stories at the very last hour (using the infamous darkboy technique) will risk having their stories disqualified.

The winners will be announced on or around July 17th

You can discuss this special contest on this thread or on the tigerlady’s AHland toady thread.


RULES (for the A.I.R. section of the contest):
(see the QUEEN for this weeks LITEROTICA Rules and their interpretation)

- All submissions must be stand-alone stories created for this contest theme. We will not accept individual chapters of a larger work submitted separately.

- Nor will stories featuring characters, locales, plot lines, etc., etc., that have been previously used by the author be accepted.

- Prizes will be awarded in the following categories (a story can only win one prize in each contest):

1) Best Overall Story
2) Most Views
3) Most Comments
4) Most Votes
5) Highest Score
6) Most Favorites (both author and story favorites)

- A story has to accrue a minimum of 250 votes to be eligible (higher in some categories). The vote, comment, view, favorite, and score numbers that are reported by LITEROTICA will be used subject to final verification by the A.I.R. Computer Center.

- Authors are prohibited from voting or commenting on their own stories. Their votes on competing stories will also be swept away.

- Story must have a Nude Day Theme.

- It must be erotic in content.

- Non-Human/Science-Fiction category stories will not be accepted in this contest.

- Story must not exceed 4 LITEROTICA pages in length (15,000 words).

- Each author is allowed only one submission (under his name and his various ALTS – ie
ace and his gay guy ALT from Minnesota are allowed only one entry - not two) per contest.

-An exception to this rule has been made for Top 25 “Most Favorited” authors – they are allowed two or three depending upon their ranking.

- No character may be named Pauletta.

- Don’t just submit some rehashed story you’ve been working on for years. We want something fresh. Be creative!

- A.I.R. reserves the right to disqualify without notice or explanation any story in which any kind of cheating or vote-tampering is suspected.
Lovergirl, due to previous infractions of this rule, has been suspended for this contest as she is in the process of serving her 3 contest suspension.

- Every story that meets the above criteria and is submitted to LITEROTICA during the contest period will be automatically entered into the A.I.R. contest. No special submission form must be filled out. We believe in inclusivity!

- If you have any questions regarding any of the above or anything pertaining to our contests, feel free to contact me by PM or email, or post any questions you have on this thread.

Good Luck!!!
 
Newbie Alert

The above post by scouriesworld is about a fake contest. There is no such thing as A.I.R, it is a fake association of readers that scouries uses to try and make people believe his fake contests are real. Scouries is the one and only one who "votes" on any stories in his fake contests. That is the reason and the only reason he wins so often in his fake contests.

Anything about rules in that fake contest has nothing to do with Literotica's contest.

The only thing right or true in that whole post is the fact that scouries fake contest has nothing at all to do with Literotica.

These fake contests are his way of showing his disapproval of the fact that he has never won a Literotica contest.
 
Tex is right. During every Literotica theme contest, scouries claims to be running a contest on the same or similar theme. This is strictly bogus. There is no such organization as A. I. R. except in scouries's imagination. :eek:

Sometimes he posts some interesting pictures, and you might enjoy looking at them. Otherwise, just ignore his posts. There is no way to enter his phony contest and there are no prizes and nobody ever wins, except that he will later place a post saying somebody has, probably one of his sock puppets. :confused:

Those of us who have been here for a while know this, and we either ignore scouries or are amused by his grandiose claims. This post and Tex's post and others that will appear from time to time are to warn newcomers of the phoniness of scouries's alleged contests. :rolleyes:
 
Now we can get back to the business of the real contest.

Anyone need a plot bunny or two?
 
I'll bring this up ahead of time, as it comes up frequently, and has actually been asked in the Earth Day thread regarding this contest.

Your story doesn't have to take place on Nude Day itself. Potential themes will be described in the official contest thread when Laurel posts it, in addition to those listed in the first post of this thread.

However, taking advantage of the day itself does cement your connection to the theme. Have some important event ( such as the conclusion ) take place on the day. If it could happen on any day, why not Nude Day?
 
I do think this is a tough one. I mean, the majority of time in the sex scenes, people have their clothes off. I.e., they are nude. I haven't had any ideas on how to make the nudity the focus of it and sexy/erotic. I guess I just don't work that way.

For me I never really understood Earthday.

For Nude day my problem is this. Even though its damn hard to come up with something completely original, I try to write a story that has my "stamp" on it, some sort of spin.

For Nude day all I can come up with is the vastly overdone (but of course tried and true) bunny of someone seeing someone they know naked and getting all hot. In incest its generally a son catching his mom sunbathing nude etc..

That's all I "get" when I think on it and don't want to just toss another one on the pile.

Like in the Halloween contest, the huge Bunny is the costumed people having sex with people that aren't who they think they are (again huge in incest) its a fun storyline, but I always want to try to be different.

I do have a Halloween one begun so if nothing else I'll pop in on that contest.
 
Mine is going to be one of the 'prank' stories.

The main characters are both naked because of a cruel tradition of the senior class where they take one unpopular boy and one unpopular girl and lock them naked in a shed overnight. They aren't able to get a girl because the chaperones are very alert, and they end up throwing two boys in the shed. One unpopular boy, and one of the popular boys that had just gotten outed by his former best friend.

Does entering in a contest increase views and votes overall? This will be my first contest.
 
Mine is going to be one of the 'prank' stories.

The main characters are both naked because of a cruel tradition of the senior class where they take one unpopular boy and one unpopular girl and lock them naked in a shed overnight. They aren't able to get a girl because the chaperones are very alert, and they end up throwing two boys in the shed. One unpopular boy, and one of the popular boys that had just gotten outed by his former best friend.

Does entering in a contest increase views and votes overall? This will be my first contest.

Yes I got put on quiet a few fav pages during the V-day contest.

Problem for me there was that was my one (and only) shot at romance. People commented that they could not wait to read the rest of my stuff.

So.... I was taken off of several of them a couple of days later.:eek:
 
Mine is going to be one of the 'prank' stories.

The main characters are both naked because of a cruel tradition of the senior class where they take one unpopular boy and one unpopular girl and lock them naked in a shed overnight. They aren't able to get a girl because the chaperones are very alert, and they end up throwing two boys in the shed. One unpopular boy, and one of the popular boys that had just gotten outed by his former best friend.

Does entering in a contest increase views and votes overall? This will be my first contest.

More people will read your contest entry and, if they like it, they will also read other stories you have written. The voting part is still unpredictable, but more views usually means more votes.

As for your proposed story, if this is high school, be sure to tell people all your characters are at least 18 years old. It's usually best to try to sneak in the info as part of the story, rather than including a note somewhere.
 
Nudist colonies/resorts make good bunnies for Nude Day. I wrote one where some lads on vacation went to a nudist beach and got eaten by giant worms (sort of - it was a bit weirder than that). This year I'm sending a character off to a nudist (sort of - it's a bit more complicated) resort in Scotland.

Sadly, Lit has been saved from my "nothing is more naked than skinless" idea as I donated that story to Selena's forthcoming "Colors" anthology.
 
Uh, yeah. Skinless is just a little too nude for my tastes.
 
I wish I could whip up a story in time for this contest, but I don't write that fast. I used to when I started writing to publish my works, but I've slowed down since then. I'm lucky if I spend two days with an hour or two each day a week working on my writing. Yeah, I waste a lot of my free time, but that is my choice. ;)
 
All the stories I'm thinking of working on right now are continuations to ongoing series, so I can't submit them. :(
 
All the stories I'm thinking of working on right now are continuations to ongoing series, so I can't submit them. :(

Don't be fooled by what scouries says about "recycled characters." :eek: Chapters in a novel are not acceptable in a theme contest, but ongoing standalone stories in a series or sequels to an earlier story are alright.
 
So long as the story you're writing is self-contained ( no need to read anything before or after to understand what's going on in the story ) then it's perfectly fine. Previous stories can provide more color and background, if someone chooses to read them, and later stories can draw upon this one -- even be dependant upon reading it first.

Obviously, it can't be a chapter in the middle of a series, but if it's a side story or an episode that can stand alone and be referenced in the main series, that works too.

The purpose of the no-chapter rule was to stop people from entering 20 chapters of the same story in a single contest, which had become an epidemic right before the rule was put in place.
 
Scouries is a real jerk-off. Not meaning to be harsh, but it's true. He keeps threadjacking for his own stupid non-existent contests and can't even spell properly with all reviews of real stories (such as mine). :rolleyes:
 
More people will read your contest entry and, if they like it, they will also read other stories you have written. The voting part is still unpredictable, but more views usually means more votes.

As for your proposed story, if this is high school, be sure to tell people all your characters are at least 18 years old. It's usually best to try to sneak in the info as part of the story, rather than including a note somewhere.

I hate clumsy exposition. I just put a little note in the disclaimer. Some people think that it's clumsy for me to put 'all characters are 18+' at the top. But I really don't think that that is any clumsier than 'I just got home from celebrating my eighteenth birthday...'
 
So long as the story you're writing is self-contained ( no need to read anything before or after to understand what's going on in the story ) then it's perfectly fine. Previous stories can provide more color and background, if someone chooses to read them, and later stories can draw upon this one -- even be dependant upon reading it first.

Obviously, it can't be a chapter in the middle of a series, but if it's a side story or an episode that can stand alone and be referenced in the main series, that works too.

The purpose of the no-chapter rule was to stop people from entering 20 chapters of the same story in a single contest, which had become an epidemic right before the rule was put in place.

Nomoretears00 did this. She won the winter holidays contest with A ta'narian christmas, which was an offshoot of her popular Harvest series. She had to pull it a while ago, but anyone who wants to get their alien fix can still read the Christmas offshoot.
 
I hate clumsy exposition. I just put a little note in the disclaimer. Some people think that it's clumsy for me to put 'all characters are 18+' at the top. But I really don't think that that is any clumsier than 'I just got home from celebrating my eighteenth birthday...'

Do they have to be in high school? What about a college hazing incident in a group house or the band or something?
 
Back
Top