Old 07-07-2014, 12:00 AM   #1
njgirl0863
Literotica Guru

Advice....

With the risk of sounding rude.....I feel this needs to be said (or probably said again). I speak for myself, and maybe not everyone, but I would guess for many.

If you're starting a thread to meet or chat with someone.....say more than just; if you want to chat my yahoo is "xyz." Well tell me who are you, what are your interests. Here is a novel idea...try making some posts and maybe just maybe someone will respond to you.

Same thing goes for PM's. I won't respond so don't bother if you can't write a paragraph. I probably won't even open It if your profile is blank and it says zero posts.

Take some initiative guys.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Playgrounder #259

Va Si Di Fe A46 W H+ D++++ E++ A+ b+ c++ C Co++ d++ e+++ f+++ i +++ k++++ m++++ Ma++++ n+++ p++++ r++ t++ wa+++

Old 07-07-2014, 12:08 AM   #2
Johnniespecials
Virgin

I think lit is becoming much like other social media. People believe that the less they write the more intriguing they are. People have lost the ability to communicate and interact in the traditional sense. Add in those that want a quick release and the amount of people able to hold an intellectual conversation while crossing over into the sexual realm when sppropriate is greatly reduced. I feel your pain.

Old 07-07-2014, 12:08 AM   #3
smoothg103rd
Literotica Guru

We from the same state u can vent to me anytime

Old 07-07-2014, 12:09 AM   #4
Johnniespecials
Virgin

I didn't realize that geographic vicinity is the basis for venting guidelines.

Old 07-07-2014, 12:17 AM   #5
njgirl0863
Literotica Guru

Fight nice guys.....I am open to making new friends. Those who can hold intellectual conversation not just sexual.

Playgrounder #259

Va Si Di Fe A46 W H+ D++++ E++ A+ b+ c++ C Co++ d++ e+++ f+++ i +++ k++++ m++++ Ma++++ n+++ p++++ r++ t++ wa+++

Old 07-07-2014, 12:19 AM   #6
Johnniespecials
Virgin

I'm not fighting haha. I was just pointing out that was his basis for letting you vent. I found it ironic.

Old 07-07-2014, 12:20 AM   #7
photobuff56
Literotica Guru

Your quite right bravo. Especially the hi I'm 18 looking for a daddy to play errrr.

Old 07-07-2014, 12:28 AM   #8
smoothg103rd
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnniespecials View Post
I didn't realize that geographic vicinity is the basis for venting guidelines.
It was an opening something to spark a conversation something I see u know nothing about

Old 07-07-2014, 12:34 AM   #9
Lordmikel
Literotica Guru

I completely agree. In my opinion, number one rule, have more posts before posting here. I always chuckle at the "women" who for their first post, "I'm 18 and looking for fun." Sorry to those people dumb enough to believe that, but it is probably a guy laughing at you all.

Old 07-07-2014, 12:37 AM   #10
njgirl0863
Literotica Guru

I appreciate ALL of your replies. Looking forward to expanding our conversation and getting opinions from many more Litsters.

Playgrounder #259

Old 07-07-2014, 01:10 AM   #11
smoothg103rd
Literotica Guru

Everybody here thinks I'm and idiot so I'm know a convo with u out of the question just wanted to shout out someone from my state #JerseyStrong

Old 07-07-2014, 01:10 AM   #12
Plasmaball
im a dick

On the flip side I'm not writing a paragraph for it to be skipped over.

Old 07-07-2014, 01:42 AM   #13
njgirl0863
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmaball View Post
Im not saying send me a book....just the abbreviated version. Filling out a profile isn't very complicated either.

Playgrounder #259

Old 07-07-2014, 01:44 AM   #14
Shared_Pleasure
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by njgirl0863 View Post
With the risk of sounding rude.....I feel this needs to be said (or probably said again). I speak for myself, and maybe not everyone, but I would guess for many.

If you're starting a thread to meet or chat with someone.....say more than just; if you want to chat my yahoo is "xyz." Well tell me who are you, what are your interests. Here is a novel idea...try making some posts and maybe just maybe someone will respond to you.

Same thing goes for PM's. I won't respond so don't bother if you can't write a paragraph. I probably won't even open It if your profile is blank and it says zero posts.

I think everything you said applies equally to the female gender. I can't tell you how many posts I've read where the woman hasn't filled out her profile and responds to PM's with two or three word sentences and that's after I have sent paragraphs, even stories I've written. That being said, I have met some amazing women on this site, some very intelligent and kind women. I just thought I'd offer this opinion to balance things a little bit.

Old 07-07-2014, 02:40 AM   #15
Mell0wM0nk
Really Really Experienced

Quote:
Good point. Ladies, you are too spoiled for choice.

Old 07-07-2014, 02:44 AM   #16
Passthebeer
Experienced

Well sometimes people are new or newish and they have not gotten the hang of being on here. We stay in the background and need someone to engage us to be a bit more forthcoming, but with all that said I am sure it can be frustrating to just get hey what's up

Old 07-07-2014, 03:13 AM   #17
Mell0wM0nk
Really Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passthebeer View Post
Well sometimes people are new or newish and they have not gotten the hang of being on here. We stay in the background and need someone to engage us to be a bit more forthcoming, but with all that said I am sure it can be frustrating to just get hey what's up
post more instead of shooting PMs
Post more in playground, make friends, they are a good bunch
Go troll General board , lotsa angry and/or trolly people on there.

Old 07-07-2014, 03:31 AM   #18
photobuff56
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passthebeer View Post
This may be true that's why it says virgin under your name. So you look around and find out how the big boys and girls play. Then you can do more and ask more.

Old 07-07-2014, 03:37 AM   #19
StrayKat
Conquered By A Tiger

This is what I wrote a while ago.

Some things never change

Old 07-07-2014, 04:06 AM   #20
positivetension
the best kind of trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnniespecials View Post
I think lit is becoming much like other social media. People believe that the less they write the more intriguing they are. People have lost the ability to communicate and interact in the traditional sense. Add in those that want a quick release and the amount of people able to hold an intellectual conversation while crossing over into the sexual realm when sppropriate is greatly reduced. I feel your pain.
Amen to this. When I get a "sup?" from a blank slate of a person I am left wondering if they realize how insubstantial they seem. Where is the incentive to invest in this interaction? It's opening the door to all the work of getting to know someone with zero reason to do so. I can only guess they think of themselves as regular and normal, and that most people are obviously just like them. What a boring place the world would be if that were true.

the fear and the yearning
it's gonna eat you alive

Old 07-07-2014, 04:21 AM   #21
Sinpain
Really Experienced

You're so right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by positivetension View Post
Amen to this. When I get a "sup?" from a blank slate of a person I am left wondering if they realize how insubstantial they seem. Where is the incentive to invest in this interaction? It's opening the door to all the work of getting to know someone with zero reason to do so. I can only guess they think of themselves as regular and normal, and that most people are obviously just like them. What a boring place the world would be if that were true.

A very boring place, indeed.

Old 07-07-2014, 04:27 AM   #22
positivetension
the best kind of trouble

Quote:
Totally fair. I'm not really interested in being sent an essay any more than I am in being asked to write one ("tell me about u" is so very irritating). Profiles are the perfect place for all those basic facts, without having to joylessly slog through retelling them. Posting history is a great way to get past the dreaded "what r u into?", for anyone averse to organic discovery.

The most important thing for me is fun interaction and some coversational chemistry. If that doesn't happen, fine...you can't force things to click. Hopefully no one takes it as rejection if it doesn't work.

the fear and the yearning
it's gonna eat you alive

Old 07-07-2014, 06:10 AM   #23
Prince Albert
Quacked Up and Quazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by njgirl0863 View Post

Very well said NJ, unfortunately, the art of general coversation is lost, or being lost.

Proud Daddy of babygirl: Wyshes!!

Old 07-07-2014, 09:08 AM   #24
njgirl0863
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shared_Pleasure View Post
I think everything you said applies equally to the female gender. I can't tell you how many posts I've read where the woman hasn't filled out her profile and responds to PM's with two or three word sentences and that's after I have sent paragraphs, even stories I've written. That being said, I have met some amazing women on this site, some very intelligent and kind women. I just thought I'd offer this opinion to balance things a little bit.
I agree completely and my opening post should've said "people" not guys. I referrred to guys because that is who my pm's are from.

Playgrounder #259

Old 07-07-2014, 09:12 AM   #25
seth6138
Literotica Guru

Location: Eastern Pennsylvania but my job takes me to Maryland, DC, Delaware, and Virginia!
I'm working on a "Reader Digest" large print short intro for you..