Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Literotica Personals

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old 02-27-2013, 09:04 AM   #1
coolally18
Virgin
 
coolally18 is offline
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1
Question Are there no decent guys online?

Hey all, this is Ally

I have a little problem. Within the next few weeks, I'm going to NYC for a couple of months. I don't know anyone there,

but I'd love to find someone cool for a..well, u know what, right?

It's hard for a girl sometimes to find a decent guy online, but I signed up on a few dating & adult dating sites. I've

found out that there are only weirdos or unreliable chatters. So, my question is where did you meet someone nice for

something steamy online? I've heard about POF, okCupid, MotelDate and Match. What are your experiences with these sites?

Thanks all and have a nice day
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2013, 03:40 PM   #2
RubenesqueAphrodite
Botero Beauty
 
RubenesqueAphrodite's Avatar
 
RubenesqueAphrodite is offline
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: a really big state
Posts: 14,674
ok..mother hen here.. Since at least 143 people took the time to read this and not even bother to post anything about how dangerous this could be.. Here I am.

I think you'd be better off looking for a male escort service than trying to hook up with someone you meet online.



Seriously.


Don't put yourself in danger for a possibly great fuck. Not worth it.

Just my opinion. Take it or leave it.
__________________
"Don't think for one minute I'm out to drown your memory....
Baby, you ain't worth the whiskey"~Cole Swindell
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2013, 03:44 PM   #3
FunNFashionable
Really Experienced
 
FunNFashionable's Avatar
 
FunNFashionable is offline
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: West Coast
Posts: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenesqueAphrodite View Post
ok..mother hen here.. Since at least 143 people took the time to read this and not even bother to post anything about how dangerous this could be.. Here I am.

I think you'd be better off looking for a male escort service than trying to hook up with someone you meet online.



Seriously.


Don't put yourself in danger for a possibly great fuck. Not worth it.

Just my opinion. Take it or leave it.
Agreed. The person you meet on the Internet could be so many things ranging from a cool person to a registered sex offender. Not worth the risk.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2013, 04:03 PM   #4
nyclimey
Literotica Guru
 
nyclimey's Avatar
 
nyclimey is offline
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: new york city
Posts: 729
im in nyc if you want to know anything about places to go or see or stuff like that hit me up
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2013, 05:02 PM   #5
Amanda_T
Experienced
 
Amanda_T is offline
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: southern ontario canada
Posts: 50
Is everyone in this world completely paranoid? Sure there are predators out there. But there are ways of both detecting, and making yourself reasonably safe from such. All the people I have loved in the last 10 years, I have met online. I have never had a problem.

And, I hate to say it, but meeting people in a "rave" or "singles bar" is just as risky. In those situations, date rape drugs such as GHB are not infrequent.

There are ways to make sure you are safe. (Reasonably). There is no such thing as real and perfect safety in this world. Not till you're dead. But if you use your brain and use safecalls and your friends know where you are and perhaps a couple of other safety measures... you can live your life how you want to.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2013, 06:55 PM   #6
sammcnamara
Really Really Experienced
 
sammcnamara is offline
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Here, there, everywhere in the UK
Posts: 324
if everybody you meet is a weirdo, how do you know its not you thats the problem?
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2013, 07:09 PM   #7
Primalex
能ある鷹は爪を隠す。
 
Primalex's Avatar
 
Primalex is offline
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolally18 View Post
Hey all, this is Ally

I have a little problem. Within the next few weeks, I'm going to NYC for a couple of months. I don't know anyone there, but I'd love to find someone cool for a..well, u know what, right?

It's hard for a girl sometimes to find a decent guy online, but I signed up on a few dating & adult dating sites. I've found out that there are only weirdos or unreliable chatters. So, my question is where did you meet someone nice for something steamy online? I've heard about POF, okCupid, MotelDate and Match. What are your experiences with these sites?

You are looking for something steamy online, because you go to NYC in a few weeks.
__________________
There is no good and evil, there is only power...and those too weak to seek it.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2013, 07:19 PM   #8
simpletimes
Literotica Guru
 
simpletimes's Avatar
 
simpletimes is offline
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Washington
Posts: 9,748
A one and done post....something seems a bit troll-ish.
__________________
****UPDATE: This is now a shared profile, this is both simpletimes and Fantasygir1, Paul and Keri. (Keri being the below mentioned angel). It could be either one, or both of us on line.****

An Angel has entered my life
Fantasygir1 is my love, my lady, my little one and my wife.


SUPPORT EQUAL RIGHTS EQUALLY


My stories:
http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...submissions%94


Feedback is always welcomed. Hoping to add more soon.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2013, 07:20 PM   #9
Amanda_T
Experienced
 
Amanda_T is offline
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: southern ontario canada
Posts: 50
true simple. Everyone has to have a first post, but....
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2013, 07:38 PM   #10
RubenesqueAphrodite
Botero Beauty
 
RubenesqueAphrodite's Avatar
 
RubenesqueAphrodite is offline
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: a really big state
Posts: 14,674
OK.
I should have known that my attempt at good will would be taken in the wrong way here..

So color me affected by the full moon, but here's my retort:

I agree with Amanda in that it is possible to meet nice people online for companionship, etc. That safety measures can be put into place that provide some sense of security. However the implication that I got from the OPs post was that she wanted to meet someone for something that may be happening in the near future. In my opinion not enough time to feel out a person online for anything other that a cup of coffee in an open bar during broad daylight. Certainly not for something sexual which however un written was most definitely implied.


As for the Scotsman with his head in his ass.....Suggesting that something is wrong me me because I care about the safety and wellbeing of others is immature at best. I've known many good people who had bad things happen to them. I saw a supposedly 18 year old girl posting an ad for a meetup in a town she is only going to visit, and I thought the prudent thing to do would be to state the obvious.

You either do not have children or you don't give a shit or both. Hell, perhaps you are just fucking rude and thought it would be cute to make fun of the old broad who has a maternal instinct...

If the poster is only 18, it does not matter that she is a legal adult. Sometimes youth don't think of the obvious simply because they are excited at the prospects. And you know why I can say this? Because, yeah, I was 18 once... so were you, although from your snark at me I seriously doubt you made it much far past puberty.

I'm not paranoid, either. I'll meet anyone I've met and spoken with long enough to get a feel for them. My post was simply a devil's advocate point of view so this girl doesn't do something that could cost her dearly.
__________________
"Don't think for one minute I'm out to drown your memory....
Baby, you ain't worth the whiskey"~Cole Swindell
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2013, 07:55 PM   #11
sammcnamara
Really Really Experienced
 
sammcnamara is offline
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Here, there, everywhere in the UK
Posts: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenesqueAphrodite View Post
OK.
I should have known that my attempt at good will would be taken in the wrong way here..

So color me affected by the full moon, but here's my retort:

I agree with Amanda in that it is possible to meet nice people online for companionship, etc. That safety measures can be put into place that provide some sense of security. However the implication that I got from the OPs post was that she wanted to meet someone for something that may be happening in the near future. In my opinion not enough time to feel out a person online for anything other that a cup of coffee in an open bar during broad daylight. Certainly not for something sexual which however un written was most definitely implied.


As for the Scotsman with his head in his ass.....Suggesting that something is wrong me me because I care about the safety and wellbeing of others is immature at best. I've known many good people who had bad things happen to them. I saw a supposedly 18 year old girl posting an ad for a meetup in a town she is only going to visit, and I thought the prudent thing to do would be to state the obvious.

You either do not have children or you don't give a shit or both. Hell, perhaps you are just fucking rude and thought it would be cute to make fun of the old broad who has a maternal instinct...

If the poster is only 18, it does not matter that she is a legal adult. Sometimes youth don't think of the obvious simply because they are excited at the prospects. And you know why I can say this? Because, yeah, I was 18 once... so were you, although from your snark at me I seriously doubt you made it much far past puberty.

I'm not paranoid, either. I'll meet anyone I've met and spoken with long enough to get a feel for them. My post was simply a devil's advocate point of view so this girl doesn't do something that could cost her dearly.
Jesus wept.

Possibly not paranoid but certainly self obessed, I was talking to the OP you never once entered into it.

but since you asked your advice was a nonsense and so is your retort you have just advised an 18 year old to go out and get an escort, shes 18, shes got time, she's maybe just looking to hard.

So please curb the petty insults as charity begins at home
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2013, 07:59 PM   #12
Amanda_T
Experienced
 
Amanda_T is offline
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: southern ontario canada
Posts: 50
Well maybe you are not paranoid, I don't honestly know. Your point about being safe, and that there are dangerous people out there was not at all untrue. But you can be smart about meeting people. And the other poster was indeed referring to the OP, not to you.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2013, 08:00 PM   #13
simpletimes
Literotica Guru
 
simpletimes's Avatar
 
simpletimes is offline
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Washington
Posts: 9,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda_T View Post
true simple. Everyone has to have a first post, but....
Yep, we all had our famous first time, but if it is to be a believable post, might be better to reply to a few threads first.
**older and wiser, but still foolish**
__________________
****UPDATE: This is now a shared profile, this is both simpletimes and Fantasygir1, Paul and Keri. (Keri being the below mentioned angel). It could be either one, or both of us on line.****

An Angel has entered my life
Fantasygir1 is my love, my lady, my little one and my wife.


SUPPORT EQUAL RIGHTS EQUALLY


My stories:
http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...submissions%94


Feedback is always welcomed. Hoping to add more soon.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2013, 08:05 PM   #14
sammcnamara
Really Really Experienced
 
sammcnamara is offline
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Here, there, everywhere in the UK
Posts: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda_T View Post
Well maybe you are not paranoid, I don't honestly know. Your point about being safe, and that there are dangerous people out there was not at all untrue. But you can be smart about meeting people. And the other poster was indeed referring to the OP, not to you.
Thanks amanda I was also being tongue in cheek about it maybe being her to lighten her mood.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2013, 08:21 PM   #15
Amanda_T
Experienced
 
Amanda_T is offline
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: southern ontario canada
Posts: 50
that message was to RubenesqueAphrodite
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2013, 08:40 PM   #16
heatsink
Literotica Guru
 
heatsink's Avatar
 
heatsink is offline
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The dark side of the moon...
Posts: 537
Just read this thread

Just read this and had to comment, it sounds to me like a confused or inexperienced young lady wandered in here looking for advice (Not the best place to come for that) and all she has got is mixed messages from those more concerned with the validity of their own standpoint.

At least she was lucky enough to avoid the gb.
__________________
''A Flower is a lovesome Thing'', Billy Strayhorn.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2013, 09:39 PM   #17
RubenesqueAphrodite
Botero Beauty
 
RubenesqueAphrodite's Avatar
 
RubenesqueAphrodite is offline
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: a really big state
Posts: 14,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammcnamara View Post
Jesus wept.

Possibly not paranoid but certainly self obessed, I was talking to the OP you never once entered into it.

but since you asked your advice was a nonsense and so is your retort you have just advised an 18 year old to go out and get an escort, shes 18, shes got time, she's maybe just looking to hard.

So please curb the petty insults as charity begins at home
I apologize to the Scot. I did indeed misinterpret his post. I'll make no excuse for my response. However, I stand on my original response that the OP should be careful, and point out that the suggestion of escort was intended as sarcastic comparison...
__________________
"Don't think for one minute I'm out to drown your memory....
Baby, you ain't worth the whiskey"~Cole Swindell
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2013, 09:40 PM   #18
DarkLisa
Really Experienced
 
DarkLisa is offline
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolally18 View Post
Hey all, this is Ally

I have a little problem. Within the next few weeks, I'm going to NYC for a couple of months. I don't know anyone there,

but I'd love to find someone cool for a..well, u know what, right?

It's hard for a girl sometimes to find a decent guy online, but I signed up on a few dating & adult dating sites. I've

found out that there are only weirdos or unreliable chatters. So, my question is where did you meet someone nice for

something steamy online? I've heard about POF, okCupid, MotelDate and Match. What are your experiences with these sites?

Thanks all and have a nice day
I've heard from those in the know that there are only 6 decent men online. One of them is not heterosexual so he's out unless you're a man posing as a woman, in which case coming clean might be enough to get him to take another look.

One of the decent guys isn't here on Lit. He only posts on a forum for people looking for help fixing their water heaters and other plumbing problems.

The third decent guy is here on Lit, but he only comes here to read the stories. He doesn't actually engage in sexual activity.

The 4th decent guy, it turns out, is your best friend's cousin's ex-boyfriend's aunt's nephew, so he's out because once your fling is over he'd tell his aunt and it could all be blown out of the water if the whole thing doesn't stay a big secret. Your best friend would never look at you th same again. His very decentness keeps him from responding to your post.

The fifth guy would be happy to meet you, and meat you, but he's just started a new medication that requires abstinence until April. If you can wait until then, post something because he might write you
back if he thinks he might have an in with you later.

The 6th decent guy read your post and didn't reply because he's decent and thought your quest for a torrid NYC affair for two months was a rather indecent proposal.

You should consider expanding your standards, because if you opened your options up to older, younger, middle aged, married, single, divorced, bi and transgendered non-decent men, you might find someone. HTH.
__________________
lisa
embracing the darkness

  Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2013, 09:42 PM   #19
Amanda_T
Experienced
 
Amanda_T is offline
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: southern ontario canada
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenesqueAphrodite View Post
I apologize to the Scot. I did indeed misinterpret his post. I'll make no excuse for my response. However, I stand on my original response that the OP should be careful.
Indeed. That is the truth. And please don't misinterpret what I was saying. It is certainly true that there are bad people out there. But if you can't tell who they are, then they are just as likely to be that guy, or girl, at the bar, as they are the one online.

So no matter what, one has to use their brain to be as safe as is feasible
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2013, 09:47 PM   #20
simpletimes
Literotica Guru
 
simpletimes's Avatar
 
simpletimes is offline
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Washington
Posts: 9,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLisa View Post
I've heard from those in the know that there are only 6 decent men online. One of them is not heterosexual so he's out unless you're a man posing as a woman, in which case coming clean might be enough to get him to take another look.

One of the decent guys isn't here on Lit. He only posts on a forum for people looking for help fixing their water heaters and other plumbing problems.

The third decent guy is here on Lit, but he only comes here to read the stories. He doesn't actually engage in sexual activity.

The 4th decent guy, it turns out, is your best friend's cousin's ex-boyfriend's aunt's nephew, so he's out because once your fling is over he'd tell his aunt and it could all be blown out of the water if the whole thing doesn't stay a big secret. Your best friend would never look at you th same again. His very decentness keeps him from responding to your post.

The fifth guy would be happy to meet you, and meat you, but he's just started a new medication that requires abstinence until April. If you can wait until then, post something because he might write you
back if he thinks he might have an in with you later.

The 6th decent guy read your post and didn't reply because he's decent and thought your quest for a torrid NYC affair for two months was a rather indecent proposal.

You should consider expanding your standards, because if you opened your options up to older, younger, middle aged, married, single, divorced, bi and transgendered non-decent men, you might find someone. HTH.
You are one very funny lady....
__________________
****UPDATE: This is now a shared profile, this is both simpletimes and Fantasygir1, Paul and Keri. (Keri being the below mentioned angel). It could be either one, or both of us on line.****

An Angel has entered my life
Fantasygir1 is my love, my lady, my little one and my wife.


SUPPORT EQUAL RIGHTS EQUALLY


My stories:
http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...submissions%94


Feedback is always welcomed. Hoping to add more soon.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2013, 11:40 PM   #21
Thebee123
Really Really Experienced
 
Thebee123 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 472
Look both ways

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpletimes View Post
You are one very funny lady....
Yes you can pick up a weirdo. You could also get hot by a bus, struck by lightning, or other misadventures.

Your need to do your own work. Check the dude out on Facebook and other sites. Don't meet if no references....

Be safe, and have safe sex.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2013, 05:06 PM   #22
sammcnamara
Really Really Experienced
 
sammcnamara is offline
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Here, there, everywhere in the UK
Posts: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenesqueAphrodite View Post
I apologize to the Scot. I did indeed misinterpret his post. I'll make no excuse for my response. However, I stand on my original response that the OP should be careful, and point out that the suggestion of escort was intended as sarcastic comparison...
behave nothing to apologize for, shit happens.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2013, 06:22 PM   #23
EctoJohn
Romantic Swordsman
 
EctoJohn's Avatar
 
EctoJohn is offline
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 16,075
I come here to be INdecent.
__________________
Showing a little skin never hurt anyone.

My Stories
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:19 AM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.