Old 09-01-2014, 11:34 PM   #1
TheIrishRover
Experienced

Secretarial Pool

Thomas checked into the hotel with displeasure. What his secretary was supposed to have ordered for them was two adjoining rooms; a suite, but what the hotel had down for their reservation, for the convention, was a single room with two beds. It was not intolerable, and they would survive, but someone had screwed up, and he wanted to know who that was. He doubted that it was the ever efficient Ms. Davenport.

He strode across the floor of the Grand Marquis Hotel lobby, still in a stew. His muscular form was clad in a tan business suit and brown leather shoes. His sandy hair was slightly in need of a haircut and his blue eyes were darker than usual. His straight nose and firm jawline completed the picture.

The Grand Marquis Hotel was one of the best hotels in Las Vegas, offering not only two large gaming floors, but three indoor pools, two theaters, two restaurants, a pub and a coffee shop. The fact that they could have made this error still bothered him. He tried to calm down, as he headed toward the elevators. He imagined that Ms. Davenport had already checked in, and had been apprised of the situation. She had left the airport, in a taxi, while he was till waiting for his shuttle. He dragged his suitcase with him, as he strode along.

Soon, he was getting out on the twentieth floor. He checked his room key for the room number, and soon found it. The door opened into what amounted to a small luxury apartment, with a kitchenette, a hot tub and two king sized beds. The walls were done up in gold lamie and the bedspreads and cushions were white. There was even a small sitting area. At least something was right about the room. "Ms. Davenport, are you here?" He called, into the room.

OOC: I am looking for someone who can write at least a full paragraph per post. PM before joining, please.

Last edited by TheIrishRover : 09-01-2014 at 11:59 PM.

Old 09-03-2014, 12:06 AM   #2
Lotus_Blossom07
Experienced

Cassandra was growling into the reciever her hands a tight ball as her sides. "I told you and I will tell you again, this is not the room that we booked nor the room we paid for." She was silent for a moment before growling again her voice raising slightly. "I don't care what you have on record! I have my recipt plus my paperwork and my varification number to prove to you.. hello? Hello!" With an agitated sigh she slammed the reciever down angrily. "Worthless." Hearing her name she stood. "Oh... Sir!" She said standing from the bed her eyes still filled with fire. "I'm so sorry. I'm working on getting us the room I book. I don't know where their records when wrong but this is a mistake. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this, please sit but don't unpack. I will get you into the correct room sir."

She had been with him for years and knew that if anyone needed a vacation it was her boss. He had always treated her well though he was a little stand offish as times. She was determined at this point to make things right, she wasn't about to get on his bad side because the hotel couldn't be competent enough to follow direction.

"Can I get you anything before I get back on the phone sir? A drink, some room service anything?" She asked gently her bright blue eyes stark against her light skin.

Old 09-03-2014, 12:16 AM   #3
TheIrishRover
Experienced

Thomas entered the room further, and sat down on the couch, before setting his suitcase and briefcase on the coffee table. He looked tired, and stressed, as always. His briefcase bore his initials, TOM, a little joke of his mother's which he still did not find funny. It stood for Thomas Othwin Montgomery, though his friends, the few he had, called him Tom.

"A cup of coffee, my usual, would be lovely Ms. Davenport. I tried to straighten out this mess at the desk, but they assured me that there was no other reservation and that this room was what we asked for.

He did not really blame his secretary, though she looked scared. If anything, he knew how hard working and efficient she was. He was sure she had triplicate copies of the reservations, in her possession. "Relax Ms. Davenport. Your not to blame. It is this infernal hotel which shoulder the blame."

Old 09-03-2014, 12:26 AM   #4
Lotus_Blossom07
Experienced

"Yes sir Mr. Montgomery..." She said as she turned to start the coffee pot and resume her attempt to get them a room. She was just finishing with the manager when the coffee finally came to a stop. Sighing she hung up rubbing her temples. "I'm sorry sir but they wont budge." She said as she took the coffee pot and poured two cups of coffee. One with sugar and one with cream and sugar. Handing him his coffee she took a seat next to him on the bed.

"Would you like me to unpack for you sir? I've called to the other hotels but none have vacancy's for what we want." Looking up at him she touched his arm before pulling away. "I've done what I can Mr. Montgomery...I can't think of anything else unless you would like me to book a room down the hall."

Taking a sip of her coffee she wondered what they would do. They had never shared a room on their trips and she knew that she hadn't packed anything that she would want him to see her in pajama wise. Her cheeks flared at the thought of her nightgown. "Yes... That's what I can do sir. I can get a room down the hall if you like." She cooed.

Old 09-03-2014, 12:34 AM   #5
TheIrishRover
Experienced

Thomas had counted on their adjoining rooms, to aid in getting some work done. Though the convention was viewed by some, including his superiors at the company, as an excuse to have a good time, he was still there to make connections. He for one, planned to work, though he had allowed Ms. Davenport to book them tickets for one of the shows. He had to make a show of it to his bosses, that he was trying to be one of the good old boys.

Her cheeks flared a rather attractive shade of red for a moment, and he realized, not for the first time, what an attractive woman she was.

"No, never mind Ms. Davenport. I certainly do not wish to put you through any trouble, but there is also the expense account to consider. These rooms are not cheap, and there are two beds after all. I mean, we are both adults."

He had already fixed it firm in his mind, when he remembered that he was traveling light. He had planned to sleep as he always did, in the nude, and had not packed pajamas. As it was, he would have to settle for his workout uniform of a pair of jogging shorts and a tan top.

Old 09-03-2014, 12:41 AM   #6
Lotus_Blossom07
Experienced

She noted the red in his cheeks and smiled slightly. "Yes... we are both... adults." She said softly before glancing to the clock. They had taken a later flight, opting to work longer during the day. "Well.. are you hungry sir. Would you like to order room service for dinner or dine out before we continue our work?"

She had always found him rather attractive with his sandy hair and deep eyes but never had she thought of him in a sexual way, mainly because of the position they both held. He was a top dog in the business and she was one of the best secretaries in firm. She would never jeopardize that.

Standing she moved to pull her bag onto the bed, beginning to unpack. "We have the show tomorrow and a meeting the day after that before the conference. I know you said nothing big but I managed a dinner theater. It's not to noisy and I know how you hate being cramped so we have our own table I think with one other couple." She said not fully realizing the weight of her words.

"Sir...Are you sure your alright. Remember... the boss said to relax a little and if you need it I can arrange a kind of spa day or something to help." Her smile was sincere as she looked down at him.

Old 09-03-2014, 12:54 AM   #7
TheIrishRover
Experienced

He leaned back in the sofa. "See, I am relaxed. This couch is the high of luxury." Still, he imagined what it would be like to relax in a real spa. In truth, he had never dreamed of going to one. The more the thought crossed his mind, the more he liked it though. Surely they would both be more focused and able to get work done, if they were pampered. After all, the expense account had just been an excuse to keep the same room with her, if he was being truthful with himself. He had not used much of his expense account for the year, and could afford some small indulgences.

"Why not. Book us into a spa in the morning. I want you there as well. I can hardly be expected to relax, without my secretary nearby." He was proud of himself for making the decision. It was probably the first voluntary act of its kind, since Ms. Davenport and he had started working together.

There had been a Mrs. Montgomery back then, but she was now history. The divorce with Esther had been painful and draw out. He still dreamed of her at night, as if she had never decided to leave him, for another man. Sometimes the dreams turned intimate, which made waking from them all the more painful. As it was, he much preferred to avoid women now, except for his trusty secretary. She had stood by him through the divorce, and he trusted her as a result, in a way that he trusted few women.

He had momentarily found himself reliving the past, as her comment about 'one other couple' went through his head. He clamped down on his thought and returned to the moment. "Let's order room service for tonight, so we can get to bed and make a fresh start in the morning." It was already rather late when the plan got in, but he knew that Las Vegas never really slept.

Old 09-03-2014, 01:05 AM   #8
Lotus_Blossom07
Experienced

Looking to him she nodded. "Alright sir." She said with a smile. She couldn't remember the last time she went to a spa. Maybe it was four or five years ago. Carefully she took a seat, lifting the phone to her ear as she began to call around, scheduling the spa as she watched him. He had been doing that more and more lately, letting his mind wander off as he waited for something to be done or for the next act to be taken. He could see his mind going from memory to memory and her heart ached for him. She could tell just by the way his face was changing what it was about.

Esther had killed him with the divorce. She had managed to take a lot of his money and some of his assets before throwing him out for a man twice his age. Sighing she glanced down at her hands. She had know the horrid feeling he had gone through. She had gone through a divorce herself a year before she came to work for him. It hurt to even think of her ex. Max had been, a mistake. The had always left it at that. Two young teens thinking they were in love and then one thing led to another and before she knew it she was in a marriage that was based on a vow in high school.

She shook the thoughts from her mind as she finished scheduling the spa. "Alright sir. It sounds like a good plan." With a smile she picked up the reciever again, calling room service before standing and grabbing her things. "I'm going to grab a quick show and change before they get here." She cooed.

The hot water had eased her mind and as she stood in just her towel she stared at herself in the mirror. Her blond hair falling in damp curls around her shoulder. Taking her time she dried off before pulling on the small nighty. It was black silk and the fabric fell just above her knees. Biting her lip she looked at herself before puling on a pair of small cloth shorts beneath it hoping to at least seem a little more respectable.

She wasn't a large cup size being a steady C cup but she was definitely full with an hourglass body and a rounded behind that her ex has called 'grabbable.' What ever that meant. Stepping out of the bathroom she blushed. "Bathroom... is all yours sir." She said shyly.

Old 09-04-2014, 12:12 AM   #9
TheIrishRover
Experienced

Thomas was taken aback, when Ms. Davenport emerged wearing, apparently, nothing more than a little black nightie. His eyes lingered on her curves involuntarily, and he realized he was holding his breath. The black silk did little to hide the woman underneath, the way which her business suits usually did. Without thinking about it, he took a step toward her, and then collected himself. "Yes, well, very sensible of you to change. Dinner will be here soon I think. I'll just get a quick shower and change myself."

He beat a hasty retreat to the bathroom. For a long moment, he just stood staring at himself, wondering how to handle the situation. How could be keep from staring at her during dinner, and who knew that she was not only beautiful, but a real bombshell. The entire thing had upset his equilibrium.

He got into the shower, and scrubbed himself as well as if he were headed toward a date, because that was how it felt. The hot shower did little to relieve these feelings, but at least he was clean. Comeing out of the shower, he stood and stared at himself in the mirror again. He had a lean, muscular body, without looking like a gym rat. It was maintained by running, pushups and pullups, rather than through heavy weight lifting. FOr the first time in a long time, he found himself evaluating his image, in terms of what a woman would think of it. He found himself flexing and then felt like a fool. Ms. Davenport did not see him that way, and she had only done what was practical. He gave himself a mental smack in the head and then dressed in his red jogging shorts and his gray tank top t-shirt.

Coming out of the bathroom, he found that dinner had already been delivered and Ms. Davenport was waiting for him, sitting at the little rolling table on which their dinners came. It suddenly felt very intimate, as he sat down on the soft chair, facing her across the table. "Well, shall we see if the hotel got our dinners right?" He wanted to say more. He wanted to comment on how lovely she looked, but did not. It would not be professional, and above all they had to stay professional.

Last edited by TheIrishRover : 09-04-2014 at 12:31 AM.

Old 09-04-2014, 09:29 PM   #10
Lotus_Blossom07
Experienced

With a small nod she smiled to him. "Alright, I'll be here when the room service arrives." She cooed gently. Carefully she took a seat, reheating her coffee and arranging the rolling table so they would have somewhere to eat. It wasn't long before there was a knock at the door to show they had arrived. Smiling to the bell hop she made her way with the food to the table, leaving the lids on to keep the food hot.

Taking a seat at the table she pulled out her book, reading in silence as she waited for him to finish showering. She wouldn't start without him, that was just rude. Her eyes glanced up as he came out her cheeks turning pink at the site of him in such casual clothes. Her eyes roamed over his lean body before she closed her book swallowing slightly. "Y...yes.. lets." She said quietly as she pulled the lids off to reveal a good looking meal. "Just what I ordered! Amazing!" She laughed. "I remember you saying this was your favorite..." She said shyly. 'I hope I remembered correctly." She murmured as she looked down to her own chicken Parmesan. With a grin she placed the lid down before getting comfortable.

"So.... Sir..." She said quietly as she glanced up at him. " Is there anything else you would like to do while we are in town? It's not every day you get to travel like this." She said softly. "You deserve a little bit of a break after the work you have put in." She cooed.

Old 09-06-2014, 11:15 PM   #11
TheIrishRover
Experienced

"Maybe we could dispense with the Sir, just this once, seeing as we are eating dinner together in our pajamas, eh?" Thomas glanced at his plate, to find expertly prepared sushi waiting. He looked over at his secretary with appreciation. "Thank you for remembering." He mixed the wasabi with a little bit of soy sauce and then dipped the first rice roll into it. It was as delicious as any fine Japanese restaurant. He found himself staring over at his assistant again, as she tucked into her chicken parmesan. It was a wonder she kept her figure, if she ate that heavy a meal all the time. He wondered what she did for exercise. It was funny how they never really talked about those kind of details.

"So, I usually go running in the morning. Do you run, or swim? The hotel has excellent facilities, and we could go together, before we go to spa, if you want." The fact was that he was not really good friends with his associates. His division was always showing them up, and they resented him for it. In some ways, Ms. Davenport was his only, if he could call her that, good friend, outside of some old college buddies.

"As for what else I would like to do, I would like to mingle with people from the other companies, and form some business connections. This means I am going to have to play golf, and endure other annoyances, just to make these connections. If you mean what would I like to do to relax, well I already agreed to a morning at a spa, but let's not go crazy making plans."

He took another bite, and waited to speak until his mouth was clear again. "A better question is what would you like to do. I dare say you work as many hours, and as hard, as I do, and you deserve a chance to relax."

Old 09-09-2014, 09:35 PM   #12
Lotus_Blossom07
Experienced

"Sorry si... Tomas." She said softly with a chuckle, "as for exercise I run in the morning before I leave for work and hit the gym on my way home to swim from laps and get my weight training in." She cooed her eyes flicking up to him. "Unlike what most people at work think I do eat just not on the job" She chuckled looking down at the chicken. "And never this much." She cooed "But after all the fuss today it sounded good." She smiled before leaning forward, taking another small bite of her chicken.

"I could try and find a good spot to mingle, I hear there will be a small get together with some of the other companies this weekend. I could schedule a visit." Glancing up to him she chuckled. "No sir, I was wondering if you wanted to make any other plans such as seeing any friends that might be in town or scheduling an outing with any business partners." Silently she made a note to look into occasions that would be taking place that week so he could make more connections.

Slowly she went back to her food only glancing up as he spoke again. Taking a sip of her wine she tried to think of how to respond. "Well s... Thomas.... to be honest with you I am relaxed." When he looked surprised she tried to explain. "I enjoy my job and I enjoy working for you. Although it can be stressful I have built a life around work and I like it that way. No muddle no fuss." She said with a smile though she would never tell him the truth behind it.

She was a workaholic, ever since her divorce that is. She had never noticed while she was married the amount of friends and acquaintances she had gained through that marriage. The only problem, divorces on not always pretty and although she may have gotten the house and most of the money, he had gotten the people. In reality she was quite shy in social situations, having grown up an only child and forced into marriage to her first 'love' she hadn't managed to grow socially very well as a child. As a result she was horrid as speaking to people outside of work.

Biting a plump lip she didn't look up at she thought about relaxing. "The spa is enough for me." She finally said with a sweet smile.

Old 09-09-2014, 11:48 PM   #13
TheIrishRover
Experienced

Thomas realized that she had calmed him by his first name. He had not expected that, despite saying not to call him sir, at least for tonight. He liked the sound of that, truth be told. "Cassandra," Her name fell of his tongue, "I think we should do as you say, and schedule some meetings, but that can wait for tomorrow, after the spa. We are well past work hours, and the truth is that I work you to much as it is."

He looked at her again, his eyes traveling up her torso. "I want you to relax as much as I need to myself. The fact is that you have to be just as stressed as I am." He remembered how he used to relax. He would go home to Esther, who would often meet him at the door wearing a nightie remarkable similar to the one that Cassandra was wearing. They would sit and discuss his day, over a bottle of wine, by the fire. Later, she would help him undress, and then they would make love by the firelight. He still could not believe she was gone sometimes. Despite her betrayal, part of him still loved her.

He realized that as he thought, he had been staring at Cassandra. He gulped, and went back to eating his sushi, expertly handling the wooden chop sticks.

"Now, if you want, we can crack open a bottle of wine, and unwind. It would only take room service a few minutes to bring it up. I am not saying that we get drunk, but if we are going to relax, it would certainly help."

Old 09-10-2014, 12:03 AM   #14
Lotus_Blossom07
Experienced

"Cassie... Please...I haven't been called Cassandra since I was a child." She chuckled. "Even my mother calls me Cassie." She said softly before looking down. She felt the tips of her cheeks begin to turn pink as he stared at her. He was lost in thought, as he did so often lately. She could tell he was still getting over his divorce. She couldn't blame him. She wasn't truly over hers either. Sometimes it felt like a foggy dream not having Max in the kitchen cooking for her when she got home from work. On weekends especially she felt the loneliness set in as she woke up alone. Taking a deep breath she was brought from her thoughts as he spoke.

A bottle of wine would be nice... but just a glass for me." She said softly. Wine went straight to her head after the first glass. With a small smile she stood, her small nighty falling just below her pert behind and her shorts falling barely to mid-thigh. Her smooth legs seeming longer than they usually did now that they were exposed.

Picking up the receiver she called in the wine, nodding as she verified before turning back to him. " Anything else Thomas?" She asked quietly her cheeks still tinted pink from calling him by his first name.

Old 09-10-2014, 12:14 AM   #15
TheIrishRover
Experienced

Thomas thought for a moment, as he watched her from the side. He liked the way her nightie clung to her bosom, but that was a dangerous thought indeed. "No Cassie, just the wine." He stood as well, and covered their empty plates again, before wheeling the room service cart to the door of the hotel room, and pushing it out into the hallway.

He crossed over to sit on the long couch, sinking into it's luxury. The hotel may have screwed up the rooms, but they certainly knew luxury. If he were alone, he would have used the hot tub, but under the circumstances, it seemed like a poor idea.

It took a few minutes, but soon a bottle of desert wine was delivered to their room. He popped the cork and poured them both a small glass, in the fine crystal goblets the hotel had provided. Crossing over to Cassandra, he handed her a goblet, before returning to sit on the couch.

He held up his goblet. "To relaxation." The fruity flavor of the desert wine was perfect, after his light supper. He drank the glass slowly, savoring the flavor. He did not especially want to get drunk either. Getting drunk equaled a loss of control, and if there was one thing that Thomas prided himself on, it was his control.

Old 09-10-2014, 12:26 AM   #16
Lotus_Blossom07
Experienced

Cassandra nodded, ordering the wine as he pushed out the cart. Taking a seat on the bed near the couch she looked down, crossing one leg over the other. It wasn't long before the wine arrived and he poured her a glass.

With a smile she accepted it, lifting it and leaning forward to clink it gently against his. "To relaxation." She cooed before sitting happily on the bed. "So... um... Thomas..." She said shyly her bright eyes glancing over her glass. "Tell me about yourself. I've worked with you for a while and I don't really know anything about You."

She smiled as she took another sip, enjoying the rich flavor and the smooth as silk liquid. Truth be told she knew almost nothing about her boss besides that fact that he was as much a workaholic as she was.

Old 09-10-2014, 12:36 AM   #17
TheIrishRover
Experienced

Thomas nodded. "I will do so, if you return the favor, Cassie." He wished he could call her Cassandra. It was a beautiful name.

"I was born in South Dakota, while my parents were staying there. My father was a college professor, on sabbatical and my mother was a teacher. I grew up near Philadelphia though. Much of my youth was spent fighting with my brothers. I am the oldest of three. I was not a very social child, so much of my time was spent reading books, or writing stories. I never intended to go into business. I was going to be a novelist."

He felt sad for a moment. It had been hard to let that dream go, but Esther had insisted. She demanded that he 'get a real job, so you can support me in the manner to which I am accustomed'. He sometimes wondered if he had become a successful novelist, if she would have still left him. He was not sure how the two things were related, but in his heart they were. Giving up his dream had chanced him, and maybe that dream was what had attracted her to him in the first place.

"Well Cassie, we'll take turns. I told you something about myself, so its your turn. We can keep it going, until one of us gets tired of it." It was getting rather late, and he was feeling rather tired, but he wanted to know more about his secretary, and did not know if the chance would ever come again. Soon they would be back to calling each other Ms. Davenport and Mr. Montgomery.

Old 09-10-2014, 12:48 AM   #18
Lotus_Blossom07
Experienced

She listened, intregued by his word before smiling slightly. "I could see you as Novelist." She said softly. "You have always seemed to have a way with words. Your speeches are always so well worded and thought out." She grinned before thinking for a long moment.

"Me? Well... there really isn't much to say S...Thomas." She stumbled, speaking rather meekly, her shy tendencies beginning to show. "I grew up in Alabama, my mother was a Sunday school teacher and my father worked the mills. I was an only child and very shy. I went to college, Alabama State to be exact to get my degree in photography. I wanted to work with models on the runway in an important magazine." Her eyes dropped to the goblet in her hands.

She had loved photography and had spent most of her life behind the lens of a camera until she met Max. He had forced her to go into business to become a secretary. He had told her that her dreams of photography would never get her farther than family photos as the local shopping center. It had broken her heart and she had despised him for his words but had caved in the end.

Pulling herself from her thoughts she looked up at him. "Yours turn." She grinned again, her long hair falling in her eyes as she stared at him. "What else don't I know about you?" She asked taking another sip of her wine.

Old 09-10-2014, 12:57 AM   #19
TheIrishRover
Experienced

"Well," Thomas thought, not sure what else to share, "I attended a private school, from seventh grade on. It was a Catholic academy and my parents paid a pretty penny for it. The funny thing was that I was not even Catholic. They just wanted a better education for me than the public school system could provide. Mother loved teaching, and did a great job with her students, but not all classrooms were like her's. Eventually, my brothers and I were all in the Catholic school. I graduated from there and went on to the University of Pennsylvania. I majored in English Literature and Creative Writing."

He looked across at her. "O.K., your turn again. Tell me more about your photography. Do you still like to take pictures?" He smiled. It had been a long time since he had a conversation with anyone, even if it was a bit of an odd conversation.

The fact was, that he wished he had at least gotten a job in journalism. Even now, he daydreamed about giving up his career, to become a writer. Maybe they should both up and quit.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:14 AM   #20
Lotus_Blossom07
Experienced

"Catholic school, yikes. Did you have those nuns that smack you knuckles with rulers?" She teased playfully before shaking her head. "No... I don't even look at my camera anymore. Ever since Max....." She stopped herself her eyes floating down to her glass. "I just don't have the time anymore. I still enjoy it but... it's tucked away neatly in my closet along with all my old portfolios." She murmured. "I keep up with the trends though. I get updates and news letters all the time through my email to keep me in the loop of new cameras."

If she was honest with herself she still heard her ex-husbands remarks when she picked up the old camera. She felt as if she had lost her touch. Glancing back up to him she could feel the affects of the wine going to her head. With a small chuckle she placed it down.

"Halfway through my third year of college Max convinced my to switch my major to business and finance. I actually have a degree in International Finance along with accounting and small business management." She said quietly.

"Your turn. Why didn't you get a job in writing? Why give up your dream?" She asked innocently. "If I may ask that is."

Old 09-10-2014, 01:27 AM   #21
TheIrishRover
Experienced

Thomas sighed. "I returned to school to get my MBA degree, all to keep Esther happy. The fact is that I gave up my writing for her. She wanted me to be able to provide her with a beautiful house, in a good neighborhood. She wanted the perfect family with perfect children. That was never going to happen with me pursuing a writing career. It is probably a blessing that it turned out she was unable to bear children. The divorce was hard enough, without putting a child through that." In some ways he was still sad though. He had always wanted a big family, like the one he grew up in, and could never have imagined himself with no children, at his age.

"What's keeping you from taking photos again anyway? Bring your camera to work with you, and you can go to the park on your lunches. We don't always have to have a working lunch."

Old 09-11-2014, 12:48 AM   #22
Lotus_Blossom07
Experienced

She listened quietly, her eyes watching him with an interest she had never used before. She was in awe that he had given up everything for the love of his life. He had given so much to her and she had turned around to leave him. Shaking her head looked down at her fingers. "I'm sorry Thomas." She said quietly. "I....I'm truly sorry. You will find someone someday. Someone who wants the best for you not the best for themselves." A smile tipped her lips. "And that someone will allow you to have the children and family you want."

As the topic turned to her she bit her lip. "I gave up photography to become a secretary due to Max. He wanted me to have an upstanding job, not jump around on the backs of animals taking pictures as he used to say. He never thought I was any good at it and always told me that it would never take me anywhere but the local malls on christmas." With a sad smile she nodded. "It would be nice to pick it up again though." Chuckling she glanced up at him slipping a piece of hair behind her ear. "You'd really let me skip out on our working lunch to take pictures?" She asked her eyes brightening. "Thank you."

Old 09-11-2014, 07:57 AM   #23
TheIrishRover
Experienced

He looked her in the eyes. "Of course I would Cassie. We both had dreams, which we put on hold. Maybe we should both take our lunch hours to reconnect with those dreams."

He was really starting to feel tired now, and having trouble keeping his eyes open. It was still early by local time, but they were on Eastern Time and by their standards, it was nearly eleven, a full hour past when he normally went to bed. Often they stayed at the office until 8 PM. Thomas was reevaluating a lot of things right now, including how late he kept his poor secretary, at the office.

"Do you mind if we continue this in the morning Cassie? It's past my bedtime."

After all they had shared, for the first time in their relationship really, he felt like he wanted to hug her. It would be to awkward though, so he settled for patting her hand across the table and smiling at her. "I have enjoyed getting to know you Cassie. I'm sure we'll have more time to talk, in the morning, over breakfast.

It felt weird, knowing that they would be sleeping in the same room that night. He wondered suddenly if he would be able to sleep, with her sleeping just one bed away. He thought that if he could not, he might end up watching her sleep, but then realized how creepy the thought was.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:01 AM   #24
Lotus_Blossom07
Experienced

"I think that would be a wonderful idea. I'd hate to see your talent go to waist." She could feel her own eyes drooping with sleep and as she glanced to the clock she was astonished at what time it was. Back home it was two hours past her bed time especially if she planned to wake up at four as she always did.

Turning her attention over to him as he spoke she nodded. "Of coarse! I don't know the last time I stayed up this late." She chuckled beginning to gather up the glasses and wine so she could move the table back into place.

His skin was warm when he touched her hand, seeming to electrify her. Looking up at him she smiled, taking his hand and squeezing it gently. She had never been truly close with him outside of work but at that moment she felt as if she had known him her entire life. Pushing the table back into place before moving to her bed.

Pulling back the sheets she had her back to him and she was silently worried about sleeping in the same room. What if he snored? What if she snored and she didn't know about it because she lived alone! How embarrasing would that be? As she fixed her bed she tried to ignore her growing anxiety and focus on the spa tomorrow. Climbing into bed she cuddled into the sheets with a small sigh.

"Goodnight Thomas." She called seeing he to was in bed. Reaching over she clicked off the light on her side, letting him click it off on his side. Staring over at him she was silent as she watched for just a moment before closing her eyes to sleep.