Old Yesterday, 12:11 PM   #1
karaline
Experienced

the voting sweeps

or what ever you call them,

for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, I've read Literotica are supposed to run a thing that eliminates votes that have been cast fraudulently -say 2 or more of the same IP address. they are supposed to run them once a month or once a week I can't remember which. they also run them if you ask -if you think there might be suspicious voting activity on one of your stories.

anyway I've noticed now that the number of votes I have has hopped around not once but a few times now in the last few days. I mean the votes have dropped and then they've crept back up and then they've dropped again.

I'm assuming they're sweep related, because as far as I know there is no way you can delete a vote once its cast.

any ideas?

Old Yesterday, 12:26 PM   #2
oggbashan
Ancient writer

The Winter Holidays contest has just ended.

There is usually a major sweep just before the winners are announced. Although that sweep seems to concentrate on the contest entries, it also seems to spill over on to other stories.

We don't know how the sweeps work, because if we did, some people would try to beat the system.

Oggbashan's long list of stories
Jeanne D'Artois' few

Old Yesterday, 09:37 PM   #3
AirRichard101
Really Experienced

Yes, you can delete your own vote - if you're logged on. If you go to the last page of the story, YOUR vote will be shown in the stars. You can change it to any number or none which effectively removes it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karaline View Post
or what ever you call them,

for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, I've read Literotica are supposed to run a thing that eliminates votes that have been cast fraudulently -say 2 or more of the same IP address. they are supposed to run them once a month or once a week I can't remember which. they also run them if you ask -if you think there might be suspicious voting activity on one of your stories.

anyway I've noticed now that the number of votes I have has hopped around not once but a few times now in the last few days. I mean the votes have dropped and then they've crept back up and then they've dropped again.

I'm assuming they're sweep related, because as far as I know there is no way you can delete a vote once its cast.

any ideas?

Old Yesterday, 09:57 PM   #4
redzinger
Really Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirRichard101 View Post
Yes, you can delete your own vote - if you're logged on. If you go to the last page of the story, YOUR vote will be shown in the stars. You can change it to any number or none which effectively removes it.
Hmmm, I've tried and can't do this.

(Ogg - you now have another 5* on one of your stories.)

My début novel, Playing for Keeps on Amazon
FREE Harford Scarlet Prologue, Playing Up - on Smashwords or Playing Up - on Amazon

Twitter: @Toria_Lyons Blog: www.torialyons.co.uk

Old Yesterday, 10:41 PM   #5
AirRichard101
Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzinger View Post
Hmmm, I've tried and can't do this.

(Ogg - you now have another 5* on one of your stories.)
I stand corrected. I see the vote but can't change it. Either they changed how it works or my memory is faulty. Any bets on which?