Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > General Board

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old 02-22-2017, 02:30 PM   #1
Ishmael
Literotica Guru
 
Ishmael's Avatar
 
Ishmael is offline
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: NSA - Still on a global listening tour.
Posts: 82,350
Hey Vat, that new sheriff you got

is all about law, order, and protecting the community.

400 felons every 10 days.

Ishmael
__________________
Why yes, I do have a beautiful grand-daughter. I also have a gun, a shovel, and an alibi.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2017, 02:36 PM   #2
KingOrfeo
Literotica Guru
 
KingOrfeo is offline
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 33,426
Arpaio must have informed ICE about every one of those. They would have been deported already if there were any good reason.
__________________
"Look, the process I am describing has very obvious value. It is what makes a debate informative and useful, and keeps it from degenerating into a meaningless series of unsupported and therefore pointless counter-assertions. If you assert X and I simply contradict you, well, what is the point of that? Contradiction is not disproof. But if I demand a cite and you provide one, then I am informed, and anyone else following the debate is informed, of the content of your cite (regardless of whether it actually supports your assertion). If I demand a cite and you reply with a good logical argument as to why none is necessary, we all are informed of the content of your argument. If I demand a cite and you simply fail to provide one, we all are informed that you're just talking out your ass. In any event, we all learn something. Is that not far preferable to an endless string of no-you're-the-poopyheads?"

-- KingOrfeo
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2017, 02:43 PM   #3
Rightguide
Literotica Guru
 
Rightguide's Avatar
 
Rightguide is offline
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOrfeo View Post
Arpaio must have informed ICE about every one of those. They would have been deported already if there were any good reason.
The reason is they are here illegally. They should be returned to Mexico and told to make it a better place.
__________________
Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate:
"To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late.
And how can man die better Than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers, And the temples of his Gods."
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2017, 02:45 PM   #4
Conager
¿Que?
 
Conager is offline
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 5,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOrfeo View Post
Arpaio must have informed ICE about every one of those. They would have been deported already if there were any good reason.
Sometimes I can't tell whether you're just a slimy, disingenuous fuck or whether you're incapable of learning. We just did this the other day.

I showed you using Obama's own words and the words of his head of Homeland Security that Obama never did deport 3 million people he claimed to have. He was seldom allowing ICE to actively deport illegals. Remember? You slunk away with your tail between your legs and didn't respond once I provided the demanded citations?
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2017, 02:46 PM   #5
KingOrfeo
Literotica Guru
 
KingOrfeo is offline
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 33,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightguide View Post
The reason is they are here illegally. They should be returned to Mexico and told to make it a better place.
Well, there are about 11 million undocumented immigrants here, we can't very well deport all of them, it would cause a recession. They're producers and consumers and, yes, taxpayers.
__________________
"Look, the process I am describing has very obvious value. It is what makes a debate informative and useful, and keeps it from degenerating into a meaningless series of unsupported and therefore pointless counter-assertions. If you assert X and I simply contradict you, well, what is the point of that? Contradiction is not disproof. But if I demand a cite and you provide one, then I am informed, and anyone else following the debate is informed, of the content of your cite (regardless of whether it actually supports your assertion). If I demand a cite and you reply with a good logical argument as to why none is necessary, we all are informed of the content of your argument. If I demand a cite and you simply fail to provide one, we all are informed that you're just talking out your ass. In any event, we all learn something. Is that not far preferable to an endless string of no-you're-the-poopyheads?"

-- KingOrfeo
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2017, 02:49 PM   #6
Conager
¿Que?
 
Conager is offline
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 5,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOrfeo View Post
Well, there are about 11 million undocumented immigrants here, we can't very well deport all of them, it would cause a recession. They're producers and consumers and, yes, taxpayers.
Citations required for your numbers.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2017, 03:05 PM   #7
Rightguide
Literotica Guru
 
Rightguide's Avatar
 
Rightguide is offline
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOrfeo View Post
Well, there are about 11 million undocumented immigrants here, we can't very well deport all of them, it would cause a recession. They're producers and consumers and, yes, taxpayers.
Bullshit. We could do it, it could take a few years but it can be done. Between 1941-45 we moved 12 million men from the civil society into military boot camp and then across the ocean to Europe and the western Pacific and home again. Don't be silly, it can be done.
__________________
Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate:
"To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late.
And how can man die better Than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers, And the temples of his Gods."
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2017, 03:23 PM   #8
VaticanAssassin
God Mod
 
VaticanAssassin's Avatar
 
VaticanAssassin is offline
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: On the edge of a mountain, in the desert, overlooking the ocean.
Posts: 12,805
I am not too worried. The second largest demographic in my neck of the woods speaks mandarin.
__________________
And now for the disclaimer: If you're easily offended, do not read my posts. If you don't think jokes about minorities, gays, politicians, religion, celebrities, athletes, etc. are funny, do not read my posts. If you find cursing distasteful, fucking Do not read my posts. If you read my posts, and then tell me you're offended, then you can go eat a bag of dicks cuz you shoulda heeded my disclaimer

  Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2017, 03:45 PM   #9
RobDownSouth
Right in the hole!
 
RobDownSouth's Avatar
 
RobDownSouth is offline
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 54,507
Talking Fuck Que!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissy Connie View Post
Citations required for your numbers.
Ahhhh, the delicious irony of a coward hiding behind an alt demandin' proof and truthiness from others.

Well, pardner, here ya go:
Here’s how we can be confident that there are 11 million undocumented immigrants in the U.S.

Please note that the underlying research has been done by Pew Research, and the article contains numerous links including the methodology of how they derive their estimates. Please also note that they have been doing these estimates for years.

Good luck attempting to impugn this source, as I realize facts that run contrary to your narrative generally invoke a "shoot the messenger" mentality. I also predict a rapid response from Hashtag, who inevitably shows up each time I mock you.

#HeTriesSoooHard
#BoardPuppetmaster
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2017, 03:49 PM   #10
Adre
Literotica Guru
 
Adre's Avatar
 
Adre is offline
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Lowcountry
Posts: 15,289
Funny how the guy who constantly passes off opinions as facts, is the first one to demand citations for generally acknowledged facts.
__________________
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2017, 04:40 PM   #11
KingOrfeo
Literotica Guru
 
KingOrfeo is offline
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 33,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conager View Post
Sometimes I can't tell whether you're just a slimy, disingenuous fuck or whether you're incapable of learning. We just did this the other day.

I showed you using Obama's own words and the words of his head of Homeland Security that Obama never did deport 3 million people he claimed to have. He was seldom allowing ICE to actively deport illegals. Remember? You slunk away with your tail between your legs and didn't respond once I provided the demanded citations?
No, don't remember. Link it.
__________________
"Look, the process I am describing has very obvious value. It is what makes a debate informative and useful, and keeps it from degenerating into a meaningless series of unsupported and therefore pointless counter-assertions. If you assert X and I simply contradict you, well, what is the point of that? Contradiction is not disproof. But if I demand a cite and you provide one, then I am informed, and anyone else following the debate is informed, of the content of your cite (regardless of whether it actually supports your assertion). If I demand a cite and you reply with a good logical argument as to why none is necessary, we all are informed of the content of your argument. If I demand a cite and you simply fail to provide one, we all are informed that you're just talking out your ass. In any event, we all learn something. Is that not far preferable to an endless string of no-you're-the-poopyheads?"

-- KingOrfeo
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2017, 04:41 PM   #12
KingOrfeo
Literotica Guru
 
KingOrfeo is offline
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 33,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightguide View Post
Bullshit. We could do it, it could take a few years but it can be done. Between 1941-45 we moved 12 million men from the civil society into military boot camp and then across the ocean to Europe and the western Pacific and home again. Don't be silly, it can be done.
My point was not that it would be impossible, my point was that it would be a really bad idea. We'd really miss that 11 million if they left, it would be bad for the economy.
__________________
"Look, the process I am describing has very obvious value. It is what makes a debate informative and useful, and keeps it from degenerating into a meaningless series of unsupported and therefore pointless counter-assertions. If you assert X and I simply contradict you, well, what is the point of that? Contradiction is not disproof. But if I demand a cite and you provide one, then I am informed, and anyone else following the debate is informed, of the content of your cite (regardless of whether it actually supports your assertion). If I demand a cite and you reply with a good logical argument as to why none is necessary, we all are informed of the content of your argument. If I demand a cite and you simply fail to provide one, we all are informed that you're just talking out your ass. In any event, we all learn something. Is that not far preferable to an endless string of no-you're-the-poopyheads?"

-- KingOrfeo
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:47 AM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.