Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > General Board

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old Today, 03:33 PM   #1
evesdream
Literotica Guru
 
evesdream's Avatar
 
evesdream is offline
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: lurksville, ON
Posts: 5,036
Amazon Warriors strip and beat illegal loggers and then set their shit on fire

The loggers were summarily expelled from Alto Turiacu Indian territory.


Tired of what they say is a lack of sufficient government assistance in keeping loggers off their land, the Ka'apor people, who along with four other tribes are the legal inhabitants and caretakers of the territory, have sent their warriors out to expel all loggers they find and set up monitoring camps.


There's a tragically human story in all of this. Very powerful photos.
__________________
precious necessity
  Reply With Quote

Old Today, 03:43 PM   #2
Mike_Yates
Community Jackboot
 
Mike_Yates's Avatar
 
Mike_Yates is offline
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 13,095
Good for them!
__________________
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever."

George Orwell
  Reply With Quote

Old Today, 03:45 PM   #3
yossi
Scout
 
yossi's Avatar
 
yossi is offline
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: In a van, down by the river
Posts: 5,719
Good on them. Humanity's greed is going to be its downfall.
__________________
"I looked in temples, churches, and mosques. But I found the Divine within my heart."

-Rumi
  Reply With Quote

Old Today, 03:47 PM   #4
Queersetti
Bicontinental
 
Queersetti's Avatar
 
Queersetti is offline
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Solid Blue Maine
Posts: 32,305
Oh yeah, I read about that.

__________________
~Q

Welcome to the General Board, an anti-social media forum.
  Reply With Quote

Old Today, 03:50 PM   #5
Sean Renaud
The West Coast Pop
 
Sean Renaud's Avatar
 
Sean Renaud is offline
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Fontana
Posts: 31,341
I hope they are prepared for a real rough life.
__________________
Liar to 4est: Are you a cheese?
  Reply With Quote

Old Today, 03:54 PM   #6
spacekowboy
Bird Is The Word
 
spacekowboy's Avatar
 
spacekowboy is offline
Join Date: May 2001
Location: None of your fucking business.
Posts: 35,435
You mean like Wonder Woman?
__________________
Have you heard?
  Reply With Quote

Old Today, 04:10 PM   #7
Queersetti
Bicontinental
 
Queersetti's Avatar
 
Queersetti is offline
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Solid Blue Maine
Posts: 32,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Renaud View Post
I hope they are prepared for a real rough life.
They've lived for generations in the Amazon rain forest, I'm guessing they have a few thoughts about living a rough life.
__________________
~Q

Welcome to the General Board, an anti-social media forum.
  Reply With Quote

Old Today, 04:12 PM   #8
BotanyBoy
I just love flowers.
 
BotanyBoy's Avatar
 
BotanyBoy is offline
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Duderville NorCal
Posts: 12,834
Bad ass.....I wish I could send them weapons and supplies for them to defend their home without landing myself in a world of fuckn' grief over it.
  Reply With Quote

Old Today, 04:18 PM   #9
Sean Renaud
The West Coast Pop
 
Sean Renaud's Avatar
 
Sean Renaud is offline
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Fontana
Posts: 31,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queersetti View Post
They've lived for generations in the Amazon rain forest, I'm guessing they have a few thoughts about living a rough life.
You'd be sorely mistaken cat in glasses. Ask the generations of American Indians if years of competing with angry cats, poisonous snakes and the elements is anything compared to an organized government seeking to wipe you out. Given how their numbers plummeted over the last say four undred years I'd say they didn't know a goddamn thing about a rough life.

The advantage here is lots and lots of photographs and an international community that may (but usually doesn't) step in with something a little firmer than a stern wagging of the finger. Just maybe.
__________________
Liar to 4est: Are you a cheese?
  Reply With Quote

Old Today, 04:19 PM   #10
Sean Renaud
The West Coast Pop
 
Sean Renaud's Avatar
 
Sean Renaud is offline
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Fontana
Posts: 31,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by BotanyBoy View Post
Bad ass.....I wish I could send them weapons and supplies for them to defend their home without landing myself in a world of fuckn' grief over it.
Fuck yeah to that.
__________________
Liar to 4est: Are you a cheese?
  Reply With Quote

Old Today, 04:25 PM   #11
Wrong Element
Sexy Dolphin
 
Wrong Element's Avatar
 
Wrong Element is offline
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Hiking the Appalachian Trail
Posts: 17,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Renaud View Post
You'd be sorely mistaken cat in glasses. Ask the generations of American Indians if years of competing with angry cats, poisonous snakes and the elements is anything compared to an organized government seeking to wipe you out. Given how their numbers plummeted over the last say four undred years I'd say they didn't know a goddamn thing about a rough life.

The advantage here is lots and lots of photographs and an international community that may (but usually doesn't) step in with something a little firmer than a stern wagging of the finger. Just maybe.

Looks to me like the government is already more than willing to outsource the job of policing the territory to these tribes. The loggers can consider themselves duly warned.
__________________
Don't you understand, it's not my problem.
  Reply With Quote

Old Today, 04:28 PM   #12
yossi
Scout
 
yossi's Avatar
 
yossi is offline
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: In a van, down by the river
Posts: 5,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Renaud View Post
You'd be sorely mistaken cat in glasses. Ask the generations of American Indians if years of competing with angry cats, poisonous snakes and the elements is anything compared to an organized government seeking to wipe you out. Given how their numbers plummeted over the last say four undred years I'd say they didn't know a goddamn thing about a rough life.

The advantage here is lots and lots of photographs and an international community that may (but usually doesn't) step in with something a little firmer than a stern wagging of the finger. Just maybe.
What the loggers are doing is illegal. The government isn't siding with them against the natives.
__________________
"I looked in temples, churches, and mosques. But I found the Divine within my heart."

-Rumi
  Reply With Quote

Old Today, 04:34 PM   #13
Queersetti
Bicontinental
 
Queersetti's Avatar
 
Queersetti is offline
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Solid Blue Maine
Posts: 32,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Renaud View Post
You'd be sorely mistaken cat in glasses. Ask the generations of American Indians if years of competing with angry cats, poisonous snakes and the elements is anything compared to an organized government seeking to wipe you out. Given how their numbers plummeted over the last say four undred years I'd say they didn't know a goddamn thing about a rough life.
.
Except, that's not what's happening. The government is sitting on it's hands, but technically, is on the side of the tribe.
__________________
~Q

Welcome to the General Board, an anti-social media forum.
  Reply With Quote

Old Today, 04:34 PM   #14
Sean Renaud
The West Coast Pop
 
Sean Renaud's Avatar
 
Sean Renaud is offline
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Fontana
Posts: 31,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrong Element View Post
Looks to me like the government is already more than willing to outsource the job of policing the territory to these tribes. The loggers can consider themselves duly warned.
Tired of what they say is a lack of sufficient government assistance in keeping loggers off their land, the Ka'apor people, who along with four other tribes are the legal inhabitants and caretakers of the territory, have sent their warriors out to expel all loggers they find and set up monitoring camps.

You read this as government outsourcing and not these people have petitioned the government, probably repeatedly and have not gotten the results they think are adequate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yossi View Post
What the loggers are doing is illegal. The government isn't siding with them against the natives.
Unless I read the article wrong the government is largely turning a blind eye. That's why the Amazon Warriors did this. They felt the help they were getting was insufficient. I doubt their government is ultimately any different from ours, an industry that brings in millions or billions of dollars in revenue and employs people has to do something pretty fucking shitty to get in trouble. We'll see what the next move is.
__________________
Liar to 4est: Are you a cheese?
  Reply With Quote

Old Today, 04:38 PM   #15
yossi
Scout
 
yossi's Avatar
 
yossi is offline
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: In a van, down by the river
Posts: 5,719
Quote:
A long-standing territorial battle between Brazilian Indians and illegal loggers turned on its head in late August as several members of the Amazonian tribe Ka’poor Indians decided to take matters into their own hands and expel several illegal loggers from the Alto Turiacu Territory in the northeast Maranho state region of the rainforest. In the past, several Indians have been attacked by illegal loggers. No longer pleased with or willing to wait on the Brazilian government’s assistance, a small army of Ka’poor Indians banded together. And like in a scene out of a revenge flick, armed with guns and bows and arrows, they descended on several illegal loggers in the forest, burning their trucks and tractors. Any loggers who resisted were immediately forced to strip and were beaten in a humiliating display. Photographer Lunae Parracho was asked to join the expedition and captured the events.

But this is not just a story of a vigilante group of disgruntled Indians going after loggers at random. In the past year, several attempts by various Indian groups to force the loggers off their land with help from the Brazilian government have been futile, for reasons that include the army’s fear of the loggers or just not wanting to venture too deeply into the rainforest. Members of other Indian groups including the Gurupi and the Munduruku all share stories of being attacked by loggers along their respective borders, or having had their villages, elders, and animals attacked at random. In addition, a fear of losing the resources the forest provides drove the Ka’poor Indians to reclaim their land, despite any potential repercussions by the loggers and the logging industry.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/i...il-rainforest/
__________________
"I looked in temples, churches, and mosques. But I found the Divine within my heart."

-Rumi
  Reply With Quote

Old Today, 04:40 PM   #16
Sean Renaud
The West Coast Pop
 
Sean Renaud's Avatar
 
Sean Renaud is offline
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Fontana
Posts: 31,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queersetti View Post
Except, that's not what's happening. The government is sitting on it's hands, but technically, is on the side of the tribe.
For how long do you think and how much will they sit on their hands if the loggers start, by necessity, arming themselves when they go on these trips? Unless you think this is the end of things I would think it's worth looking at the likely ways it'll play out. I know what I would do if I were those loggers. I'd start engineering "self defense" situations that just happened to turn out real bad for the natives.

Do you think their government is purer than ours? I don't even mean back in the day, I mean today. If the residents of some city started attacking some oil or gas company for tainting their lands after getting insufficient aid in stopping them and/or compensation afterward I wouldn't exactly bet on the government being on their side.
__________________
Liar to 4est: Are you a cheese?
  Reply With Quote

Old Today, 04:55 PM   #17
Wrong Element
Sexy Dolphin
 
Wrong Element's Avatar
 
Wrong Element is offline
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Hiking the Appalachian Trail
Posts: 17,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Renaud View Post
For how long do you think and how much will they sit on their hands if the loggers start, by necessity, arming themselves when they go on these trips? Unless you think this is the end of things I would think it's worth looking at the likely ways it'll play out. I know what I would do if I were those loggers. I'd start engineering "self defense" situations that just happened to turn out real bad for the natives.

Do you think their government is purer than ours? I don't even mean back in the day, I mean today. If the residents of some city started attacking some oil or gas company for tainting their lands after getting insufficient aid in stopping them and/or compensation afterward I wouldn't exactly bet on the government being on their side.

There's a point where this becomes more trouble than it's worth for them, and I assume that's what the tribes are counting on, now that the loggers know their illegal actions will be resisted. I know these loggers are cogs in a machine themselves -- those who were beaten aren't the tycoons backing them, but people who are just trying to eat a decent meal every night -- but if it gets to the point where you need to raise a private army just to get to the job site, you might want to think about trying something less stressful.
__________________
Don't you understand, it's not my problem.
  Reply With Quote

Old Today, 05:07 PM   #18
Sean Renaud
The West Coast Pop
 
Sean Renaud's Avatar
 
Sean Renaud is offline
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Fontana
Posts: 31,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrong Element View Post
There's a point where this becomes more trouble than it's worth for them, and I assume that's what the tribes are counting on, now that the loggers know their illegal actions will be resisted. I know these loggers are cogs in a machine themselves -- those who were beaten aren't the tycoons backing them, but people who are just trying to eat a decent meal every night -- but if it gets to the point where you need to raise a private army just to get to the job site, you might want to think about trying something less stressful.
I hope that you turn out to be right and that they achieve their goal. I just wouldn't personally be making any long term bets with that in mind ya know? Logging is a big business and South America one of the last major places you can do it. And a lot of logging is really so farmers have more room to farm and I highly doubt the dirt poor farmers give two shits about the dirt poor Amazons. Again it's not like we haven't seen this game played out in history before.
__________________
Liar to 4est: Are you a cheese?
  Reply With Quote

Old Today, 07:01 PM   #19
Asstronaut
Experienced
 
Asstronaut is offline
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Southeast Pennsylvania
Posts: 32
About goddamn time this happened.

Picture very related.

  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:38 PM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.