Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old 08-06-2011, 08:51 PM   #176
Instant_Star
SuperWhoLocked
 
Instant_Star's Avatar
 
Instant_Star is offline
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Looking for the TARDIS
Posts: 2,915
I might try to write something for my "Book of Musings" later tonight...
__________________
"Hold your head high and smile, darlin'. Make them wonder what secrets you know."
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2011, 08:54 PM   #177
LettersFromTatyana
Pessimistic Pollyanna
 
LettersFromTatyana's Avatar
 
LettersFromTatyana is offline
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The cheap motel of my mind
Posts: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennLady View Post
You're tough on names. You want me to change the vampire's name, now I can't say the K-word... You are high-maintenance.
Hey! I changed Jools to Jules when you said it made you think of "drools". True, I kept Ephraim, but my husband poo-poo'd it as a name for our kid so I had to give it to someone.
__________________

Stories
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2011, 08:59 PM   #178
LettersFromTatyana
Pessimistic Pollyanna
 
LettersFromTatyana's Avatar
 
LettersFromTatyana is offline
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The cheap motel of my mind
Posts: 1,439
And now for the actual purpose of this thread:

I'm about 1,200 words into a summer lovin' story. I'm usually a really slow writer, but this one is flying out.

I also have four pages in scribbles scrunched in between dresses in an Anthropologie catalogue to transcribe (I can't write on a computer when the kid is around since she tries to pound the screen and keyboard, so I grabbed the closest thing when inspiration struck). Writing around frilly dresses and drool-worthy shoes is a new thing for me, and I have to say, I kind of enjoyed it.
__________________

Stories
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2011, 09:01 PM   #179
PennLady
Literotica Guru
 
PennLady's Avatar
 
PennLady is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by litfan10 View Post
I can't argue about Princess Mononoke; it is breathtakingly beautiful and haunting. I also am a fan of Porco Rosso, another one that I had an old subtitled bootleg but I think that Michael Keaton and Cary Elwes were brilliant in the translated Disney version. Best fight scene since John Wayne in McLintock!
I just added a bunch of Miyazaki movies to my Amazon list and I forgot that one. Grrr. Should I add Wizard of Earthsea, anybody know? I have the books and have read them.

Quote:
Good to know. I'll have to watch it soon.
By "it" I'll assume you meant "True Grit," as I honestly think you can give "Tron: Legacy" a miss. If you must watch Bridges deal with computers, watch "Tron."

Quote:
Originally Posted by LettersFromTatyana View Post
Hey! I changed Jools to Jules when you said it made you think of "drools". True, I kept Ephraim, but my husband poo-poo'd it as a name for our kid so I had to give it to someone.
Well, yes, but -- it does. And why, if her name is "Juliette," would you go for "Jools" when "Jul" is half way to "Jules." There's no "O" in there. Well, not in the name, anyway. As for Ephraim, those old-fashioned and Biblical names seem to be popular these days, so okay, I'll let that one go.

Stop distracting me.
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2011, 09:02 PM   #180
LettersFromTatyana
Pessimistic Pollyanna
 
LettersFromTatyana's Avatar
 
LettersFromTatyana is offline
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The cheap motel of my mind
Posts: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennLady View Post
Stop distracting me.
I've really been restraining myself from responding to your post on story feedback. You should be thanking me.
__________________

Stories
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2011, 09:02 PM   #181
PennLady
Literotica Guru
 
PennLady's Avatar
 
PennLady is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by LettersFromTatyana View Post
And now for the actual purpose of this thread:

I'm about 1,200 words into a summer lovin' story. I'm usually a really slow writer, but this one is flying out.
Yes, back to the purpose. Off to write on reindeer and hockey... might possibly get the former done in time for the Summer contest. I can't win, but heck, I'll take the quicker posting time.
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2011, 09:02 PM   #182
jdnunyer
I am not who I am
 
jdnunyer's Avatar
 
jdnunyer is offline
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: northeastern US
Posts: 1,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennLady View Post
By "it" I'll assume you meant "True Grit," as I honestly think you can give "Tron: Legacy" a miss. If you must watch Bridges deal with computers, watch "Tron."
Yes, that's what I meant.
__________________
Click here to see my work here on Lit

AH directory entry
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2011, 09:03 PM   #183
PennLady
Literotica Guru
 
PennLady's Avatar
 
PennLady is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by LettersFromTatyana View Post
I've really been restraining myself from responding to your post on story feedback. You should be thanking me.
Which post? And hey, stop that.
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2011, 09:03 PM   #184
jdnunyer
I am not who I am
 
jdnunyer's Avatar
 
jdnunyer is offline
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: northeastern US
Posts: 1,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennLady View Post
Yes, back to the purpose. Off to write on reindeer and hockey... might possibly get the former done in time for the Summer contest. I can't win, but heck, I'll take the quicker posting time.
Best of luck!
__________________
Click here to see my work here on Lit

AH directory entry
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2011, 09:05 PM   #185
lovecraft68
Bad Doggie
 
lovecraft68's Avatar
 
lovecraft68 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Closer than you think.
Posts: 18,609
Finished 37 today and did a couple of shots to celebrate. 36/37 were back to back non consent chapters. Everyone here knows how I really loathe the category but these gems were in my outline six months ago and the muse demanded them. They are done and put to bed however and now I can move back into my normal level of depraved (but consensual) sex.
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2011, 09:05 PM   #186
LettersFromTatyana
Pessimistic Pollyanna
 
LettersFromTatyana's Avatar
 
LettersFromTatyana is offline
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The cheap motel of my mind
Posts: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennLady View Post
Which post? And hey, stop that.
The one about cleaning up the kitchen.

OK. I'll leave you alone now. Back to writing.
__________________

Stories
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2011, 09:06 PM   #187
litfan10
proud owner of slave_
 
litfan10's Avatar
 
litfan10 is offline
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 8,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennLady View Post
I just added a bunch of Miyazaki movies to my Amazon list and I forgot that one. Grrr. Should I add Wizard of Earthsea, anybody know? I have the books and have read them.

I was disappointed by Earthsea. I found it covered too many books in a single short movie - it tried to do the whole series in the one film. A lot was missing or done too quickly. My exwife and son watched it not having read the books and were quickly lost and honestly laughing at it as it didn't make enough sense to them.

Stop distracting me. ]
Sorry, back to movie watching/writing with you!
__________________
Love is a portion of the soul itself, and it is of the same nature as the celestial breathing of the atmosphere of paradise. ~ Victor Hugo My soul; my paradise

"You sir, have a mucky mind" - Dianthus 7/26/10

"Yes, it's official. You are cute!" - slave_ 09/09/10
"Now, you are a cute smart ass" - slave_ 10/21/10

"You are so full of s**t your eyes are brown" (and they really are!) - TxRad 7/24/10




Click here to explore the products of my mucky mind

Come watch slave_ and me play; voyeurs welcome!

Me
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2011, 09:06 PM   #188
PennLady
Literotica Guru
 
PennLady's Avatar
 
PennLady is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnunyer View Post
Best of luck!
Thanks. But first I need to write an email, and my hub and son are watching Doctor Who... distractions, distractions... Luckily I type fast.
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2011, 09:07 PM   #189
PennLady
Literotica Guru
 
PennLady's Avatar
 
PennLady is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by litfan10 View Post
Sorry, back to movie watching/writing with you!
LOL Thanks for the heads-up. And off I go...
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2011, 10:14 PM   #190
ILmonamour
Really Experienced
 
ILmonamour is offline
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: A lake, a tower and prohibition
Posts: 260
Epic failure, I had one too many margaritas last night and was a hungover hot mess today. Sweet jesus, tomorrow (so long as I don't hear from an unmentioned gentleman) I will be writing the first chapter to a new story.
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2011, 10:33 PM   #191
PennLady
Literotica Guru
 
PennLady's Avatar
 
PennLady is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,412
I decided to move to the family room and write while putting on a movie. I put on "The Rocky Horror Picture Show." This may have been a strategic error.
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2011, 10:38 PM   #192
ILmonamour
Really Experienced
 
ILmonamour is offline
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: A lake, a tower and prohibition
Posts: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennLady View Post
I decided to move to the family room and write while putting on a movie. I put on "The Rocky Horror Picture Show." This may have been a strategic error.
Oh my god! I love that movie!! do I even say that I have a limited edition poster? Movie geek at heart and even have Timewarp on the ipod!

Major strategic error lady! Mayjah
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2011, 10:46 PM   #193
LettersFromTatyana
Pessimistic Pollyanna
 
LettersFromTatyana's Avatar
 
LettersFromTatyana is offline
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The cheap motel of my mind
Posts: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennLady View Post
I decided to move to the family room and write while putting on a movie. I put on "The Rocky Horror Picture Show." This may have been a strategic error.
Tim Curry is never an error.

Then again, I don't think sweet transvestites from Transsexual, Transylvania would like hockey sweaters, let alone all the pads. They don't go well with corsets.
__________________

Stories
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2011, 10:46 PM   #194
PennLady
Literotica Guru
 
PennLady's Avatar
 
PennLady is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILmonamour View Post
Oh my god! I love that movie!! do I even say that I have a limited edition poster? Movie geek at heart and even have Timewarp on the ipod!

Major strategic error lady! Mayjah
hahaha. But it's so much fun... I couldn't resist... I needed fun after the last ep of Torchwood.
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2011, 10:47 PM   #195
PennLady
Literotica Guru
 
PennLady's Avatar
 
PennLady is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by LettersFromTatyana View Post
Tim Curry is never an error.

Then again, I don't think sweet transvestites from Transsexual, Transylvania would like hockey sweaters, let alone all the pads. They don't exactly go well with corsets.
No, but they'd probably love the bodies underneath.
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2011, 10:51 PM   #196
ILmonamour
Really Experienced
 
ILmonamour is offline
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: A lake, a tower and prohibition
Posts: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennLady View Post
hahaha. But it's so much fun... I couldn't resist... I needed fun after the last ep of Torchwood.
ooh, aren't you so sad to see Torchwood no more? ....that brief chunk of periods is me being sad! I swear, my mother died and probably thought I was a 'weird girl' when I came home looking like hell after watching Rocky Horror at a city movie theater...I'm not sure about CHI but there are theaters that act the movie out. Loves this...seriously loving that!
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2011, 10:52 PM   #197
LettersFromTatyana
Pessimistic Pollyanna
 
LettersFromTatyana's Avatar
 
LettersFromTatyana is offline
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The cheap motel of my mind
Posts: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennLady View Post
No, but they'd probably love the bodies underneath.
Who wouldn't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILmonamour View Post
even have Timewarp on the ipod!
Thank God I'm not the only one. I think it's a sign of geekiness when you know the timewarp better than the electric slide/macarena/pick your generation's dance.


It's just a jump to the left....
__________________

Stories
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2011, 10:55 PM   #198
ILmonamour
Really Experienced
 
ILmonamour is offline
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: A lake, a tower and prohibition
Posts: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by LettersFromTatyana View Post
Who wouldn't?



Thank God I'm not the only one. I think it's a sign of geekiness when you know the timewarp better than the electric slide/macarena/pick your generation's dance.


It's just a jump to the left....
I AM SO LOVING THIS!!! hahaha, but yeah, looking the other way because we're totally geeks together

Yup!
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2011, 10:57 PM   #199
PennLady
Literotica Guru
 
PennLady's Avatar
 
PennLady is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILmonamour View Post
ooh, aren't you so sad to see Torchwood no more? ....that brief chunk of periods is me being sad! I swear, my mother died and probably thought I was a 'weird girl' when I came home looking like hell after watching Rocky Horror at a city movie theater...I'm not sure about CHI but there are theaters that act the movie out. Loves this...seriously loving that!
This DVD has "instructions" for acting the movie out. That strikes me as really funny.

Actually, Torchwood is in the middle of a fourth season, showing on Starz. It's called "Miracle Day," and so far has been excellent. Special mention has to go to Bill Pullman; I've never seen him play such a weird character before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LettersFromTatyana View Post
Who wouldn't?
Hey, that's why we write the stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LettersFromTatyana View Post
Thank God I'm not the only one. I think it's a sign of geekiness when you know the timewarp better than the electric slide/macarena/pick your generation's dance.


It's just a jump to the left....
I don't have an iPod but would be happy to put Timewarp on if I did. And hey -- no dancing! I'm trying to write here!
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2011, 11:03 PM   #200
ILmonamour
Really Experienced
 
ILmonamour is offline
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: A lake, a tower and prohibition
Posts: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennLady View Post
This DVD has "instructions" for acting the movie out. That strikes me as really funny.

Actually, Torchwood is in the middle of a fourth season, showing on Starz. It's called "Miracle Day," and so far has been excellent. Special mention has to go to Bill Pullman; I've never seen him play such a weird character before.
I had no idea that it was on Starz, and will have to check it out. Shows how much I watch the tele...Bill Pullman is one of those types of actors that can pull just about anything off. I loved him in 'Lost Highway' so random.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennLady View Post
I don't have an iPod but would be happy to put Timewarp on if I did. And hey -- no dancing! I'm trying to write here!
I dare you to toss it into a Pandora mix and see what happens! Note to self...send a memo out to get PL an iPod
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:06 AM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.