Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Old 08-05-2011, 03:49 PM   #151
PennLady
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LettersFromTatyana View Post
Today is Day 1 of hubby's ten day "work" trip; he claims he'll be in Very Important Meetings, but really, I think it's just an excuse to gallivant across Europe to escape the miserable heat of August here in the US.

My goals for these next ten days are: to work a bit on a romance chapter so that it's done by the end of the week, to finish outlining a multi-chapter sci-fi/fantasy story, and to make progress on a Halloween story.

And not leave all the housework until the last day. And not scream at my teething, tottering toddler (I haven't... yet). And eat healthy food, and exercise, and do the jobs I get paid to do.

There. I wrote it. Now I have to do it instead of moping in front of the TV while watching five years of Doctor Who and cursing my husband's beer-drinking, pretzel-eating, Alps-hiking ways.

Awww. *hugs*

Yeah, housework... I feel like it's all I can do to keep up on the kitchen... and I have to add I feel guilty for not getting the kids outside. But *I* don't feel like gong outside. Sigh. We should go to the pool; we paid for the membership, after all.

Old 08-05-2011, 03:57 PM   #152
autoplot
Really Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennLady View Post
We should go to the pool; we paid for the membership, after all.
A pool sounds awesome right about now.

I think I'm going to have to turn off the internet and get some writing done now... before it gets too hot to think.

Old 08-05-2011, 04:01 PM   #153
GinaTina
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Awww. *hugs*

Yeah, housework... I feel like it's all I can do to keep up on the kitchen... and I have to add I feel guilty for not getting the kids outside. But *I* don't feel like gong outside. Sigh. We should go to the pool; we paid for the membership, after all.

Your life sounds a lot like mine. Thank goodness I have my head-world to retreat to.

Old 08-05-2011, 04:49 PM   #154
PennLady
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoplot View Post
A pool sounds awesome right about now.

I think I'm going to have to turn off the internet and get some writing done now... before it gets too hot to think.
It's a nice pool, but I often feel l like I have the only kids in the world who say no, mom, I don't want to go to the pool. Sigh.

On the upside, I have changed the sheets on all three beds. This feels like a major accomplishment. And I think I've decided that dinner will be leftovers -- that takes a major stressor away when dinner has been decided upon. Then, maybe, I will be free to write a bit tonight...

Old 08-05-2011, 11:21 PM   #155
PennLady
Literotica Guru

Okay, I did some. More on the reindeer than the hockey story, but one goes where the muse takes one. And tomorrow is Saturday, right?

Old 08-06-2011, 12:49 AM   #156
jdnunyer
I am not who I am

Quote:
Okay, I did some. More on the reindeer than the hockey story, but one goes where the muse takes one. And tomorrow is Saturday, right?
Good attitude.

I finished revising the novel I was working on. I've posted it on my blog. Once the last chapter of the first novel appears here on Lit, I'll start submitting chapters from the second.

AH directory entry

Old 08-06-2011, 01:42 AM   #157
ILmonamour
Really Experienced

Seeing it now...

Well, seeing that it's a new day I will probaly surprise the Dirty with a few hours of distraction but plan on spending the majority of the weekend typing up 'You've been Served' I am not too sure about the title as it's working, but for now it works. I'm hoping to write up the first two chapters through the weekend and post by 08/31. I'm still riding the Reading the Defense train but am in the mood for another new story

Old 08-06-2011, 10:14 AM   #158
sr71plt
Literotica Guru

Cleaned up the edits of a Christmas book last night. Begin of the final review of it today--after the semifinals at the Legg Mason tennis tournament, if those aren't wiped out by rain.

Old 08-06-2011, 10:29 AM   #159
lovecraft68
Bad Doggie

Finishing up 37 and plan on going right into 38. I have a 3 day weekend and hope to have 38 done by Monday night. My series finale is Ch. 40 and I am so close I can taste it. Can't wait to finish this thing, celebrate by getting roaring stinking drunk, then move onto my plot bunny notebook and write all the quick and dirty little stories I have there.

Old 08-06-2011, 06:01 PM   #160
Zeb_Carter

Submitted a short story that popped into my fron, now I'm a bit cruevis.

Other than that I haven't put a word into anything else.

Old 08-06-2011, 06:10 PM   #161
beatrice_dreams
Really Experienced

Back to 'fun' writing...

Finally finally getting to work on Ch 04. of the Water Nymph. Coursework has been the bane of my existence for weeks now and I thought I'd never survive long enough to use my thesaurus for words unrelated to training evaluation models! Not that I...use my thesaurus...that much...[ahem]

Anyway - hoping to have it proofed and ready to go by Mon/Tues

Old 08-06-2011, 07:01 PM   #162
estragon
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILmonamour View Post
Well, seeing that it's a new day I will probaly surprise the Dirty with a few hours of distraction but plan on spending the majority of the weekend typing up 'You've been Served' I am not too sure about the title as it's working, but for now it works. I'm hoping to write up the first two chapters through the weekend and post by 08/31. I'm still riding the Reading the Defense train but am in the mood for another new story
Huzza! Can't wait for a new Ilmonamour series.

Old 08-06-2011, 07:11 PM   #163
estragon
Literotica Guru

I thought I might as well actually write something besides quibbles and BB posts, pour Úpater les bourgeois, while awaiting licensing (if I get it) from Grand Master dweaver999 for Ch 3 of "A New Birth of Freedom". So I ground out 5 MS Word pages of a BDSM/Lesbian/Fetish I've had sitting in my head for a couple of years. At my usual writing pace, this will take the better part of a year to accomplish getting the whole story written.

Oh yes, I'll start Ch 4 of "A New Birth of Freedom" if Ch 3 gets licensed. Otherwise, as I.B. Singer said, the wastebasket is the writer's best friend.

In the meantime, putting on my copyediting tinfoil hat, DG Hear asked me to work on his Summer Lovin' entry; I'm working on Grandmistress Lisa Jones' fabulous series "Limits", I might (if I'm a good boy) get a chance to work for LunaEroticaMystica on her next smash hit, and maybe even work for Serenissima Syd and Ilmonamour again.

Old 08-06-2011, 08:02 PM   #164
PennLady
Literotica Guru

A few lines done so far today, hoping to be able to do more soon. Already watched this week's Torchwood, so that's one distraction gone. However, I still have "Kiki's Delivery Service" from the library, picked up a DVD tonight that includes "The Serpent and the Rainbow", and we have many unwatched Westerns. I often write while watching, although it slows me down.

Old 08-06-2011, 08:07 PM   #165
litfan10
proud owner of slave_

Quote:
A few lines done so far today, hoping to be able to do more soon. Already watched this week's Torchwood, so that's one distraction gone. However, I still have "Kiki's Delivery Service" from the library, picked up a DVD tonight that includes "The Serpent and the Rainbow", and we have many unwatched Westerns. I often write while watching, although it slows me down.
love, love, LOVE Kiki's Delivery Service. I had a subtitled bootleg years before Disney bought the distribution rights. Such a sweet story. His other works like Totoro and Ponyo are incredible as well.

"You sir, have a mucky mind" - Dianthus 7/26/10

"Yes, it's official. You are cute!" - slave_ 09/09/10
"Now, you are a cute smart ass" - slave_ 10/21/10

"You are so full of s**t your eyes are brown" (and they really are!) - TxRad 7/24/10

Click here to explore the products of my mucky mind

Come watch slave_ and me play; voyeurs welcome!

Me

Old 08-06-2011, 08:16 PM   #166
PennLady
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by litfan10 View Post
love, love, LOVE Kiki's Delivery Service. I had a subtitled bootleg years before Disney bought the distribution rights. Such a sweet story. His other works like Totoro and Ponyo are incredible as well.
We have "Spirited Away," and I just watched "My Neighbor Totoro" the other night. Miyazaki's films are wonderful. I found Kiki's and Ponyo at Best Buy tonight, but for more than I could spend right now. But I do have Ponyo DVR'd. We just watched the original "3:10 to Yuma" last night, and the hub now wants to watch the remake (which we have and which is good . Too many movies, not enough time. And then there's the whole writing thing...

Old 08-06-2011, 08:20 PM   #167
litfan10
proud owner of slave_

Quote:
We have "Spirited Away," and I just watched "My Neighbor Totoro" the other night. Miyazaki's films are wonderful. I found Kiki's and Ponyo at Best Buy tonight, but for more than I could spend right now. But I do have Ponyo DVR'd. We just watched the original "3:10 to Yuma" last night, and the hub now wants to watch the remake (which we have and which is good . Too many movies, not enough time. And then there's the whole writing thing...
I know! And don't get me started on all the books in my library that I haven't read yet. Gah! If you like Dr. Seuss' "The Lorax," Miyazaki has another great one that my son loves called Pom Poco, more for adults than kids - but as great as all the others.

"You are so full of s**t your eyes are brown" (and they really are!) - TxRad 7/24/10

Me

Old 08-06-2011, 08:20 PM   #168
jdnunyer
I am not who I am

Quote:
I love Miyazaki. My favorites are Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke and Howls' Moving Castle.

I also liked the remake of 3:10 to Yuma. Have True Grit sitting here from Netflix, but haven't watched it yet.

AH directory entry

Old 08-06-2011, 08:24 PM   #169
slave_
MORE COWBELL!

Quote:
The BEST Miyazaki... PRINCESS MONONOKE!!! His ABSOLUTE MOST BEAUTIFUL... music, drawing, story... He drew 80,000 cells by hand and it was the highest grossing film, not just animation, film in Japan.

Your welcome...
my soul, my paradise namastÚ~I honor the place in you in which the entire Universe dwells, I honor the place in you which is of Love, of Integrity, of Wisdom and of Peace. When you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me, we are One.
ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པ་དྨེ་ཧཱུྃ། "Sunlight falls, my wings open wide, There's a beauty here I cannot deny."

Old 08-06-2011, 08:26 PM   #170
jdnunyer
I am not who I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnunyer View Post
I love Miyazaki. My favorites are Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke and Howls' Moving Castle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slave_ View Post
The BEST Miyazaki... PRINCESS MONONOKE!!!

Your welcome...
Beat you to it.

AH directory entry

Old 08-06-2011, 08:45 PM   #171
LettersFromTatyana
Pessimistic Pollyanna

Quote:
Beat you to it.
This is becoming a habit of yours.

And please PennLady, I beg you: never, ever mentioned the name "kiki" again. Due to my mother's obsession with the song when it came out, I know every single word the Elton John/Kiki Dee song, "Don't go breakin' my heart." It will be in my head for days now.

Stories

Old 08-06-2011, 08:45 PM   #172
PennLady
Literotica Guru

Quote:

I also liked the remake of 3:10 to Yuma. Have True Grit sitting here from Netflix, but haven't watched it yet.
I have not seen the original True Grit, but we have and have watched the remake and it's really good. Jeff Bridges is all but unrecognizable. You wouldn't believe he was also in Tron: Legacy.

I am a movie buff (well, I try) and I find I really enjoy animated movies. My favorite is "The Nightmare before Christmas." Anyway, although I think a lot of Pixar movies are great, I find I prefer 2-D animation more like Miyazaki's, so I'll have to add them to the shelves sometime. I guess I'll add them to the wish list first.

Old 08-06-2011, 08:48 PM   #173
PennLady
Literotica Guru

Quote:

And please PennLady, I beg you: never, ever mentioned the name "kiki" again. Due to my mother's obsession with the song when it came out, I know every single word the Elton John/Kiki Dee song, "Don't go breakin' my heart." It will be in my head for days now.
I had no idea, and I sympathize. My mom was more a Rod Stewart fan. What can I say that will put a different song in your head? Can I call the movie KDS for short?

You're tough on names. You want me to change the vampire's name, now I can't say the K-word... You are high-maintenance.

Old 08-06-2011, 08:50 PM   #174
jdnunyer
I am not who I am

Quote:

Quote:
I have not seen the original True Grit, but we have and have watched the remake and it's really good. Jeff Bridges is all but unrecognizable. You wouldn't believe he was also in Tron: Legacy.
Good to know. I'll have to watch it soon.

AH directory entry

Old 08-06-2011, 08:50 PM   #175
litfan10
proud owner of slave_

I can't argue about Princess Mononoke; it is breathtakingly beautiful and haunting. I also am a fan of Porco Rosso, another one that I had an old subtitled bootleg but I think that Michael Keaton and Cary Elwes were brilliant in the translated Disney version. Best fight scene since John Wayne in McLintock!

Me