Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old 02-05-2012, 01:40 PM   #2626
lovecraft68
Bad Doggie
 
lovecraft68's Avatar
 
lovecraft68 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Closer than you think.
Posts: 20,516
Should get a lot done today. I am very superstitious and will not watch a minuet of pregame before the kick off, so will be locked onto the computer downstairs as my other half watches every damn minute of the 6 hours of pregame.
__________________
Something "real men" should know.

The queen is the most powerful piece in the game of chess and frequently has to protect the rather weak king.

Just like in real life.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2012, 01:50 PM   #2627
TxRad
Dirty Old Man
 
TxRad's Avatar
 
TxRad is online now
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 28,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecraft68 View Post
Should get a lot done today. I am very superstitious and will not watch a minuet of pregame before the kick off, so will be locked onto the computer downstairs as my other half watches every damn minute of the 6 hours of pregame.
Talk about your foreplay.

I don't have a TV here at work so I'll miss the whole thing, luckily.
__________________
New Story: Party Early 10/02/14 Romance Halloween Contest

New Story: Marley 08/21/14 Interracial Summer Lovin' Contest


Why yes, I am a dirty old man. Thanks for asking.

All Stories By TxRad
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2012, 02:01 PM   #2628
PennLady
Literotica Guru
 
PennLady's Avatar
 
PennLady is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecraft68 View Post
I take it you have some Pedialyte?(not sure I spelled that right) if you don't shake up a coke to get the gas out and let her sip on it. That's really good for the stomach, in fact they sell the coca cola syrup in some pharmacies.
Thanks. I think we have some, but it's hard to get her to drink it. My kids drink milk and water and rarely ever juice. So far we're good with water and if we need something else later, we'll tell her it's medicine and get her to drink it. She does drink Diet Coke and we have some regular, so maybe we can get her to drink some of that.

As for the pre-Super Bowl stuff, I solve that by ignoring pre-game stuff in favor of hockey!
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2012, 02:19 PM   #2629
Anjasa
Really Experienced
 
Anjasa's Avatar
 
Anjasa is offline
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St. John's, NL
Posts: 108
Alright, decided not to go in to the club in favour of writing and editing so... should get lots done
__________________





  Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2012, 02:22 PM   #2630
BuckyDuckman
Literotica Guru
 
BuckyDuckman's Avatar
 
BuckyDuckman is offline
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Apparently the character limit for "Where you live" is remarkably generous. I live in a nice little home with a walkout basement that faces the street. That means the living area feels as if it's all "upstairs." It's on a road in the USA.
Posts: 2,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecraft68 View Post
Should get a lot done today. I am very superstitious and will not watch a minuet of pregame before the kick off, so will be locked onto the computer downstairs as my other half watches every damn minute of the 6 hours of pregame.
In an effort to avoid anything Super Bowl related, my wife actually went out of town last night and spent the night in a hotel. Okay, sure, she's a fabric artist and there's a huge fabric sale outside of KC today (purposely on S.B. Sunday). KC is four hours away. I sent her a text, reminding her kick-off was at 5:30 local time. Damn, that woman HATES football!

For PennLady: In my opinion, the only thing worse than a sick youngster is a teething, crying baby. I still have scars nursing our three kids through that. I'm sure she'll get all the Mommy love she needs to get better.

As for the big game: I just hope the right team wins this year. (And I'm sure we all know which team that's supposed to be, LOL!)
__________________
Drama Free since 1983

My stories.

Team PM - Feel free to PM me!

Bucky Duckman's Blog - musing & thoughts about writing, erotica, & life!
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2012, 02:42 PM   #2631
PennLady
Literotica Guru
 
PennLady's Avatar
 
PennLady is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyDuckman View Post
In an effort to avoid anything Super Bowl related, my wife actually went out of town last night and spent the night in a hotel. Okay, sure, she's a fabric artist and there's a huge fabric sale outside of KC today (purposely on S.B. Sunday). KC is four hours away. I sent her a text, reminding her kick-off was at 5:30 local time. Damn, that woman HATES football!

For PennLady: In my opinion, the only thing worse than a sick youngster is a teething, crying baby. I still have scars nursing our three kids through that. I'm sure she'll get all the Mommy love she needs to get better.

As for the big game: I just hope the right team wins this year. (And I'm sure we all know which team that's supposed to be, LOL!)
Bucky, I have to say, your wife has style! I love it! Good for her and I hope she gets lots of cool fabrics. I wish I could sew. I'll have to stick with my crocheting.

Sick kids are no fun, this is true, and PennGirl has looked so pitiful at times today it'd break your heart. Cross fingers, she's over the worst of it. At least she's keeping down water now. I also think she's fighting off sleep, but I guess she'll give in if she has to. She's got mommy love and daddy love so here's hoping this passes a little faster than it did with her brother.

For the game itself, I really have little preference as to who wins. I have had so little interest in football this year it's been weird.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2012, 08:10 AM   #2632
RedHairedandFriendly
Too much red on Red?
 
RedHairedandFriendly's Avatar
 
RedHairedandFriendly is offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Hoosier State
Posts: 112,726
I'm very excited that for a few hours this morning, I'll have some writing time, as well as later the baby will be here again.

This morning's writing will be focusing more on my Earth Day submission. I had planned on taking it down one route and then found it sliding along another path. I'm curious as to what is going to happen.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2012, 08:13 AM   #2633
TxRad
Dirty Old Man
 
TxRad's Avatar
 
TxRad is online now
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 28,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHairedandFriendly View Post
I'm very excited that for a few hours this morning, I'll have some writing time, as well as later the baby will be here again.

This morning's writing will be focusing more on my Earth Day submission. I had planned on taking it down one route and then found it sliding along another path. I'm curious as to what is going to happen.
Both my Earth Day stories are turning into novels.
__________________
New Story: Party Early 10/02/14 Romance Halloween Contest

New Story: Marley 08/21/14 Interracial Summer Lovin' Contest


Why yes, I am a dirty old man. Thanks for asking.

All Stories By TxRad
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2012, 08:16 AM   #2634
RedHairedandFriendly
Too much red on Red?
 
RedHairedandFriendly's Avatar
 
RedHairedandFriendly is offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Hoosier State
Posts: 112,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxRad View Post
Both my Earth Day stories are turning into novels.
I completely understand! I have several stories that seem to be doing that. I see it as personal growth in my writing. The characters seem to have more depth and more story to tell, which of course leads to novels.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2012, 08:38 AM   #2635
Angellica1612
Happily Taken by Mutato:)
 
Angellica1612's Avatar
 
Angellica1612 is offline
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mid-West
Posts: 7,967
Are Earth Day stories supposed to be environmentally friendly? I'm not sure I understand it, and since I (stupidly? naively?) signed up for Survivor, I really need some direction here! Help!
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2012, 08:55 AM   #2636
RedHairedandFriendly
Too much red on Red?
 
RedHairedandFriendly's Avatar
 
RedHairedandFriendly is offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Hoosier State
Posts: 112,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angellica1612 View Post
Are Earth Day stories supposed to be environmentally friendly? I'm not sure I understand it, and since I (stupidly? naively?) signed up for Survivor, I really need some direction here! Help!
This is the first year I've entered this particular contest, so I went and found Ogg's support thread for last year. Here is the first post: http://forum.literotica.com/showpost...17&postcount=1 At the top it says about it being a nature theme, outdoors, etc.

If someone else is willing to expand on that definition it can be more helpful.

I think also it could include events that could happen on Earth Day itself, if the writer wanted to go that route.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2012, 09:02 AM   #2637
TxRad
Dirty Old Man
 
TxRad's Avatar
 
TxRad is online now
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 28,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angellica1612 View Post
Are Earth Day stories supposed to be environmentally friendly? I'm not sure I understand it, and since I (stupidly? naively?) signed up for Survivor, I really need some direction here! Help!
Go check out the past winners thread and read a few of the winning stories. That should give you a fair idea.

One of mine this year deals with cleaning up the trash along a local river. One dirty old man, one big ass jon boat and four ladies alone on the sandbars and willow thickets. Of course you have to have the fun was had by all.

The other is the first in a series of Granola Girl stories I hope to turn into erotic novels. Camping in the National forests over the Earth Day weekend. Ya can't go wrong if you find a few outdoors type hunks for her to play with.
__________________
New Story: Party Early 10/02/14 Romance Halloween Contest

New Story: Marley 08/21/14 Interracial Summer Lovin' Contest


Why yes, I am a dirty old man. Thanks for asking.

All Stories By TxRad
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2012, 09:02 AM   #2638
PennLady
Literotica Guru
 
PennLady's Avatar
 
PennLady is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,713
Looks like we might need that Earth Day Contest support thread pretty soon.

As for a writing goal, I don't think I can even set one right now. PennGirl is still getting over her virus and I'm just beat. Looks like another day of Nick Jr for me...
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2012, 09:05 AM   #2639
TxRad
Dirty Old Man
 
TxRad's Avatar
 
TxRad is online now
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 28,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennLady View Post
Looks like we might need that Earth Day Contest support thread pretty soon.

As for a writing goal, I don't think I can even set one right now. PennGirl is still getting over her virus and I'm just beat. Looks like another day of Nick Jr for me...
Not many erotic plot bunnies on Nick Jr if memory serves.

Heres hoping the kiddios get well soon so you can get some.... Rest, also.
__________________
New Story: Party Early 10/02/14 Romance Halloween Contest

New Story: Marley 08/21/14 Interracial Summer Lovin' Contest


Why yes, I am a dirty old man. Thanks for asking.

All Stories By TxRad
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2012, 09:13 AM   #2640
RedHairedandFriendly
Too much red on Red?
 
RedHairedandFriendly's Avatar
 
RedHairedandFriendly is offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Hoosier State
Posts: 112,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxRad View Post
Go check out the past winners thread and read a few of the winning stories. That should give you a fair idea.

One of mine this year deals with cleaning up the trash along a local river. One dirty old man, one big ass jon boat and four ladies alone on the sandbars and willow thickets. Of course you have to have the fun was had by all.

The other is the first in a series of Granola Girl stories I hope to turn into erotic novels. Camping in the National forests over the Earth Day weekend. Ya can't go wrong if you find a few outdoors type hunks for her to play with.
Very good ideas. I like them.

Mine will be in the Mature category, a much older man traveling through a town and coming across a much younger woman. It'll be a mix of romance and nostalgia (and of course hot sex).

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennLady View Post
Looks like we might need that Earth Day Contest support thread pretty soon.

As for a writing goal, I don't think I can even set one right now. PennGirl is still getting over her virus and I'm just beat. Looks like another day of Nick Jr for me...
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2012, 09:35 AM   #2641
Angellica1612
Happily Taken by Mutato:)
 
Angellica1612's Avatar
 
Angellica1612 is offline
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mid-West
Posts: 7,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHairedandFriendly View Post
Very good ideas. I like them.

Mine will be in the Mature category, a much older man traveling through a town and coming across a much younger woman. It'll be a mix of romance and nostalgia (and of course hot sex).
Sounds awesome! Thanks to everyone for the pointers, I'll check out the past winners as suggested.

My goal for today is to finish a letter. It's to my instructor, telling her about myself, the first assignment in a writing class. That's turning out to be so much harder than writing fiction!
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2012, 09:36 AM   #2642
Angellica1612
Happily Taken by Mutato:)
 
Angellica1612's Avatar
 
Angellica1612 is offline
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mid-West
Posts: 7,967
[quote=TxRad;39896351]Go check out the past winners thread and read a few of the winning stories. That should give you a fair idea.

One of mine this year deals with cleaning up the trash along a local river. One dirty old man, one big ass jon boat and four ladies alone on the sandbars and willow thickets. Of course you have to have the fun was had by all.

The other is the first in a series of Granola Girl stories I hope to turn into erotic novels. Camping in the National forests over the Earth Day weekend. Ya can't go wrong if you find a few outdoors type hunks for her to play with.[/QUOTE]

No, you certainly can't. PIck me, pick me!
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2012, 09:42 AM   #2643
jomar
chillin
 
jomar's Avatar
 
jomar is offline
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 16,802
I am proud to note that I won the Earth Day contest loser category a few years ago as calculated by Ogg.

Polished off my latest wankfest yesterday in time to see the game with friends.
__________________
"No one writes trash like you, Jo." - bluebell
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2012, 09:44 AM   #2644
Angellica1612
Happily Taken by Mutato:)
 
Angellica1612's Avatar
 
Angellica1612 is offline
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mid-West
Posts: 7,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by jomar View Post
I am proud to note that I won the Earth Day contest loser category a few years ago as calculated by Ogg.

Polished off my latest wankfest yesterday in time to see the game with friends.
Congratulations...I think.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2012, 09:53 AM   #2645
BuckyDuckman
Literotica Guru
 
BuckyDuckman's Avatar
 
BuckyDuckman is offline
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Apparently the character limit for "Where you live" is remarkably generous. I live in a nice little home with a walkout basement that faces the street. That means the living area feels as if it's all "upstairs." It's on a road in the USA.
Posts: 2,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by jomar View Post
I am proud to note that I won the Earth Day contest loser category a few years ago as calculated by Ogg.

Polished off my latest wankfest yesterday in time to see the game with friends.
Okay, I had to read that last sentence twice to make sure you weren't having a yankfest with your friends during the game. LMAO!
__________________
Drama Free since 1983

My stories.

Team PM - Feel free to PM me!

Bucky Duckman's Blog - musing & thoughts about writing, erotica, & life!
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2012, 11:26 AM   #2646
TxRad
Dirty Old Man
 
TxRad's Avatar
 
TxRad is online now
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 28,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angellica1612 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxRad View Post
Go check out the past winners thread and read a few of the winning stories. That should give you a fair idea.

One of mine this year deals with cleaning up the trash along a local river. One dirty old man, one big ass jon boat and four ladies alone on the sandbars and willow thickets. Of course you have to have the fun was had by all.

The other is the first in a series of Granola Girl stories I hope to turn into erotic novels. Camping in the National forests over the Earth Day weekend. Ya can't go wrong if you find a few outdoors type hunks for her to play with.[
No, you certainly can't. PIck me, pick me!
Consider yourself picked
__________________
New Story: Party Early 10/02/14 Romance Halloween Contest

New Story: Marley 08/21/14 Interracial Summer Lovin' Contest


Why yes, I am a dirty old man. Thanks for asking.

All Stories By TxRad
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2012, 11:44 AM   #2647
SydneyBlake
Literotica Guru
 
SydneyBlake's Avatar
 
SydneyBlake is offline
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennLady View Post
Looks like we might need that Earth Day Contest support thread pretty soon.

As for a writing goal, I don't think I can even set one right now. PennGirl is still getting over her virus and I'm just beat. Looks like another day of Nick Jr for me...
Penn, I hope you're back to normal soon. Sick kids are no fun. We spent a couple nights in the hospital a couple weeks ago with my son for a head injury, so I feel you. (DS is all good, btw.) Be sure to take care of yourself!
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2012, 01:22 PM   #2648
sr71plt
Literotica Guru
 
sr71plt's Avatar
 
sr71plt is offline
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mid-Atlantic, USA
Posts: 34,723
Back to business today. Have to try to cover last "flow" review on a private client's mainstream novel, start of an edit of a private client's mainstream photo book, clean up and start of a glossary compilation of Dirk Hessian's ancient China GM novel, start of outlining and namelist for my next mainstream novel, and reading in a couple of books written by fellow panelists at a coming book festival.
__________________
______________________
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2012, 01:53 PM   #2649
TxRad
Dirty Old Man
 
TxRad's Avatar
 
TxRad is online now
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 28,884
Three stories finished. YAY!

Plenty more to work on.
__________________
New Story: Party Early 10/02/14 Romance Halloween Contest

New Story: Marley 08/21/14 Interracial Summer Lovin' Contest


Why yes, I am a dirty old man. Thanks for asking.

All Stories By TxRad
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2012, 03:08 PM   #2650
PennLady
Literotica Guru
 
PennLady's Avatar
 
PennLady is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyBlake View Post
Penn, I hope you're back to normal soon. Sick kids are no fun. We spent a couple nights in the hospital a couple weeks ago with my son for a head injury, so I feel you. (DS is all good, btw.) Be sure to take care of yourself!
Hi Syd. Mostly back to normal, I guess. PennBoy is in school and PennGirl seems mostly recovered. However, this still doesn't lend itself to writing time. Sigh. And yes, we've done the hospital with PennBoy a couple of times, although not for that and (knock wood) not lately for anything.

Trying to take care, but the most helpful commodity -- sleep -- is hard to come by.

But I'm making cupcakes. Surely that will help. Some are for a snack for PennGirl's class tomorrow, others are for us.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:47 AM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.