Old 08-31-2011, 06:20 PM   #1
cmky
Really Experienced

How to tell if a guy is a Sub

Hi guys.

Here's the short version:
I've been hanging out with a guy that is a few years older than me, and I'm beginning to suspect that he is a submissive or whatev.
At least he definitely has tendencies. You know the type, very eager to please, not sexually, cuz we haven't gone there, just every day stuff; getting me a drink, something to eat, making sure I'm comfortable, generally just waiting on me hand and foot while I'm at his place.

So the question I have is if there is any little, um, test (for lack of a better word) that will let me know if this guy is the real deal or is just really nice. I hope this makes some kind of sense.

I'll provide more details if ya need 'em. Any direction you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 08-31-2011, 06:29 PM   #2
LindsayRae
Fuck Off

People who frequent the BDSM board may have a better idea/understanding than others here at Lit!

Old 08-31-2011, 06:32 PM   #3
smallerthanavg
Virgin

just a hunch, but I think chivalry and submission are not necessarily even related. It could be he is a complete sub, or it could be that he was just told to be nice to women he liked. Only way to find out is to ask.

Or to just skip all the pleasantries and tie his ass up. But that might not go well.

Old 08-31-2011, 08:18 PM   #4
sunandshadow
Cocksnail!

Can't you just ask him if he generally finds it more satisfying to be a leader, follower, or loner? Ask like it's a personality test.
I was wondering why I was having trouble getting inspired to continue an erotic story I've been working on. Then I noticed my shampoo bottle said: "Herbal Essences Drama Clean: I'm so good I'll put clean thoughts in your head!" And I thought well, clearly I need to get some new shampoo if this one's washing away all my nice dirty thoughts!

Old 08-31-2011, 09:29 PM   #5
iAmTheTot
Virgin

I'm kind of with smallerthanavg. Out of bed, I will treat my girl like a princess. But I'm a complete sadist in bed - spanking, slapping, choking, being in complete and utter control are all near must-haves for me but again, out of bed I wouldn't lay a hand on a woman.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:31 PM   #6
strapon_tales
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAmTheTot View Post
I'm kind of with smallerthanavg. Out of bed, I will treat my girl like a princess. But I'm a complete sadist in bed - spanking, slapping, choking, being in complete and utter control are all near must-haves for me but again, out of bed I wouldn't lay a hand on a woman.
How does that work out? Are you up-front about it when you meet new women, or are they surprised by the change when you get them in bed?

Old 08-31-2011, 09:40 PM   #7
iAmTheTot
Virgin

I don't let on right as soon as I meet a girl, but I let on bit by bit as we get closer and closer. Sometimes so much as just coming out and asking if they think they'd like being choked or spanked. But I'll never have sex with a girl that I haven't probed, no pun intended, to avoid that awkward "wtf?" moment.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:03 PM   #8
cmky
Really Experienced

Quote:
to avoid that awkward "wtf?" moment.
That's what I'm trying to avoid right there.
I can be dense at times, but something is up, I just don't know what or how to go about making that determination, besides that awkward conversation.

I don't think I'm painting the picture. This isn't a 'hey, can I get you something to drink?' kinda thing. It's more like I'm being waited on.
Nothing romantic has happened yet, we've just hung out with friends and then twice alone. He doesn't treat the other chicks in our circle like this, yet it isn't a traditional (vanilla?) romance.

I'm just looking to throw something out to see if he bites. I'm not even sure what I'd do if he did, I just want to know, or at least have a better guess!

Old 08-31-2011, 10:16 PM   #9
iAmTheTot
Virgin

Try to be coy, but not too passive. After you get a little closer, try jokingly suggesting something you'd /actually/ like to do to him, to see what he says. If he goes along with it, even if he is just joking along, you can then turn it into an innocent "would you actually like that kind of thing?"

Old 08-31-2011, 10:28 PM   #10
koalakutie
Really Experienced

some guys don't know who they are

Last edited by koalakutie : 09-03-2011 at 11:20 PM. Reason: .....

Old 08-31-2011, 10:47 PM   #11
cmky
Really Experienced

I really should know more about this kind of thing. Seriously.
It's not the first time. I tend too, I dunno, attract the passive type. I'm still trying to decide if I want to take it in that direction at all, but it would be kinda fun, and I'm feeling adventurous.

He offered to rub my shoulders the last time we were hanging out. Other people were around, so I know it wasn't a total come-on. I told him no thanks then, but if he offers again, I was thinking about asking, or should I tell him nicely? to rub my feet after he is done. I dunno. Something like that.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:59 PM   #12
gregy70
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmky View Post
I really should know more about this kind of thing. Seriously.
It's not the first time. I tend too, I dunno, attract the passive type. I'm still trying to decide if I want to take it in that direction at all, but it would be kinda fun, and I'm feeling adventurous.

He offered to rub my shoulders the last time we were hanging out. Other people were around, so I know it wasn't a total come-on. I told him no thanks then, but if he offers again, I was thinking about asking, or should I tell him nicely? to rub my feet after he is done. I dunno. Something like that.
I like the tell him to rub your feet idear.
Just wait till the next time your alone & ask if he can take you up on that shoulder rub now that your alone.
Then kick off your shoes & tell him to rub your feet.
Then if he does after a while say "careful I could get use to this".
Just joke with a " Mmm..I could do with a slave".
See how that goes.
I'm even getting excited for you, but then again maybe I crave to be in this guys place.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:05 PM   #13
cmky
Really Experienced

gregy,
I might. I'm thinking about it. We'll probably hang out over the weekend. I don't think I'd have the guts to just come out and say it, but if he offers the shoulder rub I'll 'tell him nicely' to head down to the feet...after I get my shoulder rub, of course. My back is sore ALL THE TIME. I need to marry a massage therapist

Quote:
I'm even getting excited for you, but then again maybe I crave to be in this guys place.
Hehe, you might change your mind if you smelled them once they've been in shoes for awhile!

Old 08-31-2011, 11:09 PM   #14
koalakutie
Really Experienced

Old 08-31-2011, 11:23 PM   #15
gregy70
Literotica Guru

Quote:
gregy,
I might. I'm thinking about it. We'll probably hang out over the weekend. I don't think I'd have the guts to just come out and say it, but if he offers the shoulder rub I'll 'tell him nicely' to head down to the feet...after I get my shoulder rub, of course. My back is sore ALL THE TIME. I need to marry a massage therapist

Hehe, you might change your mind if you smelled them once they've been in shoes for awhile!
If you don't want to come out & ask for a shoulder rub, just have a quick whinge about your back when you maybe bend down or something.
Big chance he will offer & go from there.
If he does & it feels good , don't be afraid to moan , he'll be putty in your hands.

Oh I doubt I'd change my mind about your feet. I get off on pleasing a woman. I prefer to go down on my wife after she's been working all day & I have been known to cum from rubbing my wifes back. The moans get me every time.
I often cum from giving oral..again the moaning with the aroma.
It's where I feel very happy

Old 08-31-2011, 11:59 PM   #16
cmky
Really Experienced

Quote:
But some submissive men are not into feet.
Heh, I dunno what kind of subs you're hangin out with, but you'd better be damn sure if I've got a sub foot rubs are going to be part of the deal
My feet hurt all the time. Hell, I'd be the sub if it meant getting a good massage on a regular basis!
@gregy Wow. I dunno how to respond to that. I can't even begin to feel sexy until I've had a shower. And there is no way in hell I'm going to let someone go down after a long day. Do you have any idea how much a girl pees in a typical day? Yeah, I clean myself and everything, but drippage happens, ya know?

Old 09-01-2011, 12:08 AM   #17
gregy70
Literotica Guru

what can I say..I think I'm submissive

Old 09-01-2011, 12:22 AM   #18
cmky
Really Experienced

Quote:
I think I'm submissive
Go for it, sir.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:41 AM   #19
gregy70
Literotica Guru

Smile

Quote:
Go for it, sir.
Sir? Hey your suppose to give the orders & I do the Yes? Mam!

Last edited by gregy70 : 09-01-2011 at 12:42 AM. Reason: spelling

Old 09-01-2011, 06:25 AM   #20
koalakutie
Really Experienced

Old 09-01-2011, 12:44 PM   #21
hoodooman
Really Experienced

take charge gently

there are easy, awkward free ways of finding out...the following may not be what you're interested in but you can see that these kinds of comments will draw him out...

tell him about a dream or fantasy where someone was rubbing your feet..maybe while blindfolded and how much you loved that...tell him while he sees you watching his crotch..

or tell him a massage would be great but you're afraid a man would get an erection so you wouldn't be comfortable unless he were restrained in some way..

mention that at times you want to be worshiped, or you would love it if a man simply did as he was told like a slave...if he responds favorably test him..let the fun begin

it's the same problem as any relationship where one person feels they may have an agenda that might offend their friend...a female friend told me she had been at a party where a girl in a video did a guy with a strap on....and that she wanted to try it...smile

Old 09-01-2011, 12:54 PM   #22
webjock
Loves Spam

Question How 2 Tell If A Guy Iz A Sub

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAmTheTot View Post
Yeah, how do you do that? In public, you are a gentleman, but in private you are sadistic. How does your woman go along with all of that? Is she OK with you choking and/or slapping her? She she stay with you anyway because of all of your money, good looks and/or charm? PLEASE tell me HOW do you do it; WHAT is your secret!

Old 08-05-2015, 01:03 PM   #23
bluesky496
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Hi guys.

Here's the short version:
I've been hanging out with a guy that is a few years older than me, and I'm beginning to suspect that he is a submissive or whatev.
At least he definitely has tendencies. You know the type, very eager to please, not sexually, cuz we haven't gone there, just every day stuff; getting me a drink, something to eat, making sure I'm comfortable, generally just waiting on me hand and foot while I'm at his place.

So the question I have is if there is any little, um, test (for lack of a better word) that will let me know if this guy is the real deal or is just really nice. I hope this makes some kind of sense.

I'll provide more details if ya need 'em. Any direction you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
try sounding him out , when you want something tell him fetch me this of that and see what his response is ,if he says yes maam or yes mistress you know ,if he says say please then no he isnt ,lol

Old 08-05-2015, 01:10 PM   #24
MatthewVett
Jahansuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerthanavg View Post
just a hunch, but I think chivalry and submission are not necessarily even related. It could be he is a complete sub, or it could be that he was just told to be nice to women he liked. Only way to find out is to ask.

Or to just skip all the pleasantries and tie his ass up. But that might not go well.
I would agree with this. I love spoiling my partner: cooking for her, bringing her snacks, holding open doors for her. But in bed, I'd much rather tie her up and have my way with her. And I know some people who are the opposite, who love to be submissive in bed, but not in any other aspect of their lives.

My Blog

My Tumblr

Old 08-05-2015, 06:58 PM   #25
MyRubiLips
Literotica Guru

Sure are a shit-load of 2011 threads showing up!