Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > How To... > HT Cafe

Old 08-13-2014, 11:11 PM   #1
JtohisPB
BAMF!

Favorite School Lunch

I am starting this silly thread for a few reasons.

First, well, I want to.

Second, tomorrow marks the first day of school at my former school. While there are many, many things I will not miss about that place, I will miss the people (some of them). Also, lunch. Before you start complaining at me, ranting about the sorry state of school lunches, know that I generally agree. That said, a few are tasty.

Third, the more I know about my lit friends, the more I like y'all.

Okay, my favorite school lunches are/were the rectangular pizza with the tiny oddly quadrilateral pepperonis. Also, pretty big fan of grilled cheese and tomato soup.

What are yours?

Old 08-13-2014, 11:40 PM   #2
SexyLitForAll
Literotica Guru

I gotta go with the pizza squares. Second was the barbecue. This was in the early 70's. Worst was always the"managers special" which was guaranteed to be the old leftovers from the freezer.

Old 08-13-2014, 11:52 PM   #3
bailadora
Literotica Guru

When I was in school, pizza day was pretty much the highlight of the menu. Man, how times change. One school my son went to a few years ago brought in Chick-fil-a on Thursdays. Yeah, he only requested to buy lunch on those days.

What we do, Miss Ventura, does not define who we are. What defines us is how well we rise after falling. ~ Lionel, Maid in Manhattan

Experience is what you get when you didn’t get what you wanted. ~ Dr. Randy Pausch

This is LIT-erotica, where the size of your polysyllable matters. - swiped from Velvet Darkness

For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who do not believe, no proof is possible.~ Stuart Chase

Swiped from Fire Breeze: my johari window. Curiosity and all that jazz...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Regarding Dirty PMs: Don't bother. Your orgasm is not my problem.

Old 08-14-2014, 12:44 AM   #4
Rainshine
Funny Face

Oh my.... would you like to see what my daughter has for her school lunch?

Old 08-14-2014, 12:50 AM   #5
ebunny15
Really Experienced

Homemade Dessert!

It wasn't the main course so much (although yeah, the grilled cheese was always the bomb), as it was dessert. Our lunch ladies were still making cinnamon rolls and chocolate cake from scratch in the mid to late 90's. The school didn't offer breakfast back then, but they always made extra batches of those to sell in the mornings.

Old 08-14-2014, 12:58 AM   #6
beingtrue2me
Literotica Guru

In high school we had two lunch lines. One was the same for everyone but the second line was ala cart that you paid for daily. Pretty much like a fast food restaurant and also pretty much fast food. That was by far the most popular but not cheap. I imagine lunches have changed a lot the last few years huh?

Old 08-14-2014, 01:12 AM   #7
Domesticity
Really Experienced

When I was little I loved the ravioli or the pizza. We always got a little powdered donut and the yard duty would pull our ear if we ate the donut first. By middle school the only thing I'd eat we're the nachos and in high school there was this little deli that had the best sandwiches I've ever eaten. He only sold turkey and he only made them one way--no special requests. It was a little Persian market and he would toast the bread and cut the lettuce in such a way that it was delicious. I've never been able to replicate it.

Old 08-14-2014, 01:37 AM   #8
Emerson40
An evening spent dancing

Lunches in my high school were a mix of frozen microwave crap, and some decent grub made from scratch.

The pizzas were a cardboardy disc of crud, with a slight slather of tomato sauce, rubbery cheese, and thin slices of pepperoni that curled like old linoleum flooring corners when they microwaved those circles of shite.

The chicken finger days were good. Not so much because of the chicken fingers, which were always dry and tasted freezer burnt, but because of the French Fries. The cafeteria had one of those bench mounted fry cutters. Set your potato over the grid of blades, pull the handle down, and perfectly cut fries popped out the bottom, ready for the deep fryer. The cook fried those bad boys perfectly - crispy, golden on the outside, fluffy and tender inside. Hot, perfectly salted, splash of vinegar, and served (every week I'm sure) with the same joke about how if you thought the chicken fingers were big, you should see the size of the chicken balls they'll be serving later in the week (har-har). They probably contributed to the pimple production of many a teenager, but they were the best fries I've ever had.

They also occasionally served a homemade chilli with a fresh bun that I remember being quite delicious.

Old 08-14-2014, 02:11 AM   #9
Rainshine
Funny Face

My lunches mostly consisted of vegemite sandwiches and an apple. We don't have cafeteria style lunches over here like you guys do. You bring your own or order from a canteen and it's delivered to your classroom.

Old 08-14-2014, 06:40 AM   #10
Industrial_Bondage
Literotica Guru

I'll cast my lot in with the fans of those rectangular pizzas. Why can't we find those things anywhere else?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Work To Date

BDSM - True stories from my years in the scene.
The Neophyte - [http://www.literotica.com/stories/sh...php?id=396467]
You Can and You Will - [http://www.literotica.com/stories/sh...php?id=458440]
Her Request - [http://www.literotica.com/stories/sh...php?id=460397]

Old 08-14-2014, 07:55 AM   #11
NightL
smoke'n'mirrors

When I was 9 - 10 the shop opposite the school sold
Boston buns

and meat pies

but we walked or cycled to school and and kept being active outside with friends until arriving home just before evening meal.

Old 08-14-2014, 08:07 AM   #12
Saucyminx
Still waiting

I feel left out. My mom never trusted the school food so I packed every day.

But, on the way to school (which was right beside a small market) we would stop in and buy those giant kosher dill pickles in a barrel and that was breakfast.

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional. -- Kathleen Casey Theisen

Some days it just doesn't pay to gnaw through the leather straps. --Emo Philips

Don't think about it, just swallow. --my friend Eileen

She went around with a broken heart, and she wasn't sure who'd broken it. She thought it was herself, mostly.
― Ann Brashares

Come on in--the smut is fine

Old 08-14-2014, 10:59 AM   #13
Emerson40
An evening spent dancing

somebody say pickle?

Because it is her thread, and JtohisPB has sheepishly admitted to dancing unabashedly around the house in her tighty whities to their music...

Saucy, because of your fond recollection of stopping for giant (), dill cucumbers, and your proclivity for bearded gentlemen...

Old 08-14-2014, 11:09 AM   #14
Saucyminx
Still waiting

How to meet this gentleman: *clears throat and says in sultry come hither voice* "So is that a lighted gherkin in your lap or are you just happy to see me?"

I am a little concerned though. He has a pickle in each hand. Does that signify he lights to hold picklish things, preferably more than one at a time, which would kind of leave me out. Perhaps he'd like to share his many pickles, but he's careless with them. They are all over the floor! Pickle abuse. . which just opens up a whole new barrel of pickles. . . .

Wowee. . . that is quite the beard--my bff and I would qualify that as an "Oh my beardness!" on our beard classification scale. And from all the pickle action, it would most likely smell like a douche.

The lad looks like he may have some potential under all that fur. . . I wonder how he would feel about being shaved with a straight razor, a skill I acquired years ago as a sexy Valentine's day gift for the certain man in my life at the time. And I wouldn't even be tempted to go all Sweeny Todd on him considering I don't know him that well yet.

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional. -- Kathleen Casey Theisen

Some days it just doesn't pay to gnaw through the leather straps. --Emo Philips

Don't think about it, just swallow. --my friend Eileen

She went around with a broken heart, and she wasn't sure who'd broken it. She thought it was herself, mostly.
― Ann Brashares

Come on in--the smut is fine

Last edited by Saucyminx : 08-14-2014 at 11:14 AM. Reason: . . . just. . . couldn't. . help. . myself. . . .

Old 08-14-2014, 11:36 AM   #15
Emerson40
An evening spent dancing

Just think of the dills in his mitts as a bunch of flowers, the ones on the floor the equivalent of flower petals, a kosher, garlicky, rose petally come-hither gesture.

#checkyourknickersnow

Old 08-14-2014, 06:18 PM   #16
JAMESBJOHNSON
TRAILER TRASH KING.

I went to school in the 50s 60s.

Fish sticks every Friday, spaghetti every Thursday, chop suey on rice, shepherds pie, macaroni and ground beef. Spinach was the usual veggie. Fruit cup. And some form of simple cake for dessert. Milk. Lunch cost 35 cents.

Old 08-14-2014, 06:21 PM   #17
JtohisPB
BAMF!

Emerson!! I read that post and laughed. Then thought about it and laughed again. You crack me up.

#nothingwrongwithnickleback

#pickleback

Old 08-16-2014, 07:52 AM   #18
GooodGurrl
Really Really Experienced

Another Aussie here, no cafeteria lunches for me.

Lunch was whatever you bought from home, which was usually some form of sandwhich or bread roll.

But I remember in High School our canteen sold (as well as the usual pies, sausage rolls and hot dogs) 600ml cartons of vanilla custard that we used to buy and that was our lunch. Or toasted cheese rolls (which for some reason was delicious at school, but awfully plain and not worth it if you made it at home).

And a bag of mixed lollies

I'd like to see the Riviera and slowdance underneath the stars,
I'd like to watch the sun come up in a stranger's arms

My Pic Thread <-- now with handy index!

Old 08-16-2014, 01:33 PM   #19
bailadora
Literotica Guru

When I was growing up, buying lunch was a special treat reserved to a once a week occasion. We brown bagged it the other 4 days.

Yesterday, I had a pb&J, accompanied by a really tall glass of chocolate milk - just for the hell of it. That first bite swept me back to my childhood days in an instant!

What we do, Miss Ventura, does not define who we are. What defines us is how well we rise after falling. ~ Lionel, Maid in Manhattan

Experience is what you get when you didn’t get what you wanted. ~ Dr. Randy Pausch

This is LIT-erotica, where the size of your polysyllable matters. - swiped from Velvet Darkness

For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who do not believe, no proof is possible.~ Stuart Chase

Swiped from Fire Breeze: my johari window. Curiosity and all that jazz...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Regarding Dirty PMs: Don't bother. Your orgasm is not my problem.

Old 08-16-2014, 09:40 PM   #20
JtohisPB
BAMF!

I nearly always bought. Reflecting on that, I bet we had free or reduced lunch. I generally liked lunch, but I am not a picky eater. As a teacher, looking at most of our school lunches AND at what many students pack is enough to turn my stomach.

Thinking back to high school really blows my mind. I used to have French fries or breadsticks, nacho cheese for dipping, and a coke. Every day. Then, I'd go to cross country or track practice and run miles! I cannot imagine running on that "fuel" today. I wonder how much faster I could've been.

Old 08-17-2014, 11:58 AM   #21
philos
Literotica Guru

The pizza was awful but the chicken sandwich was pretty good.

Old 08-17-2014, 12:45 PM   #22
Byteman
Really Experienced

All I remember from school lunches was mystery meat Wednesday and that orangish - grey "russian" dressing.

That said always packed my own and fav was peanut butter and raw honey sammiches! Speaking of Raw Honey...

Old 08-17-2014, 12:59 PM   #23
LuLuLuscious
Virgin

Favorite School Lunch

Sticky spaghetti. It was the best.

With a little salad, consisting of lettuce and chopped carrots, drenched in Italian dressing.

Those were the days.

Old 08-17-2014, 01:01 PM   #24
seth6138
Literotica Guru

10 cent ice cream sandwiches!

Old 08-17-2014, 01:17 PM   #25
jehoram
Really Experienced

I can't remember any great entrees .. the usual meat loaf, Sloppy Joes, fish sticks, and so on ... but I do recall that my cafeteria had these really dynamite rolls. I could make a meal of them. Years later, I went to an elementary school (kind of a "take your Dad to school day") and by god, they were serving the same rolls! I asked if they had the recipe, and the counterperson said, "Well, the recipe I have makes 700 rolls."