Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > The Visual Artists Corner

Old 03-10-2013, 06:16 PM   #1
candyredlips
Really Experienced

Conversations with other artists

I do apologize if this is in the wrong place...Is there a thread to converse with other artist's or is it preferable for each artist to begin a personal thread to share art? It would be nice to chat about mediums, subjects, erotic art, what inspires us, etc. If not, is it alright to start one? Have a lovely day!

tumblr (a lil' NSFW) http://cocobijoulala.tumblr.com
NSFW Daddy/little tumblr
http://cottoncandylolli.tumblr.com

Old 03-11-2013, 12:24 AM   #2
EmmySnow
Virgin

Hi Candy!

I'm not all that sure about the Visual Artist Corner Rules, but I sure do enjoy talking with other artist! I've been drawing pretty much my entire life (since pre-school) and aspire to make it a profession. Currently I'm attending the Academy of Art in CA and my medium of choice is graphite. I like to dabble in markers, colored pencils, paints, charcoal, pastels, sculpting with polymer clay, and jewelry making/beading...but I always end up with a pencil in hand. Lately I've been trying to brush up on my digital art skill by practicing on a drawing tablet, it's still a struggle because it's weird drawing on one plane and having it appear on another.

I find beauty and inspiration in just about everything. During times of creative blocks, music, exercise, or a good book can get my juices flowing :P

Old 03-11-2013, 01:29 AM   #3
candyredlips
Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmySnow View Post
Hi Candy!

I'm not all that sure about the Visual Artist Corner Rules, but I sure do enjoy talking with other artist! I've been drawing pretty much my entire life (since pre-school) and aspire to make it a profession. Currently I'm attending the Academy of Art in CA and my medium of choice is graphite. I like to dabble in markers, colored pencils, paints, charcoal, pastels, sculpting with polymer clay, and jewelry making/beading...but I always end up with a pencil in hand. Lately I've been trying to brush up on my digital art skill by practicing on a drawing tablet, it's still a struggle because it's weird drawing on one plane and having it appear on another.

I find beauty and inspiration in just about everything. During times of creative blocks, music, exercise, or a good book can get my juices flowing :P
What do you love about graphite? I usually work in oils and sometimes acrylics, but sketch constantly as well. What are your favorite subjects? What are your favorite classes? My digital skills bite, i love working with real brushes and mediums. Texture is important and the glide of buttery oils just can't be matched with a wacom tablet. Though i guess cintiq is better- but eh i still not holding the brush and feeling the glide. Nice chatting with you.

NSFW Daddy/little tumblr

Old 03-12-2013, 01:49 AM   #4
EmmySnow
Virgin

Oh what do I NOT love about graphite! Graphite is just about the easiest medium to use, I mean, we've all been using the good ol' #2 since elementary school! Graphite pencils and sticks are easy to control and I can add value simply by applying pressure. That comes in handy since I usually lay down a very light outline before adding more 'permanent' lines, strokes, and shading to my drawings. I tried painting with oils and acrylics, but was drawn to watercolors because of the fluidity and its translucent nature. Mostly, I draw women I love every beautiful curve of the woman's body, every angle, muscle, bone, hair...it's such an inspiration! That's probably why I love taking figure drawing so much! Gosh...the Wacom Cintiq is the Cadillac of drawing tablets, although I'm fine with my pencils and sketchbook. It's a pleasure speaking with you!

Old 03-12-2013, 01:56 AM   #5
EmmySnow
Virgin

Here's two versions of the same piece I drew. One I colored with markers and the other is digitally colored in Photoshop with my Intuos4.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WEB Kunoichi prisma.jpg (27.5 KB, 161 views)
File Type: jpg WEB Kunoichi PSCS3.jpg (45.4 KB, 141 views)

Last edited by EmmySnow : 03-12-2013 at 01:59 AM.

Old 03-12-2013, 01:59 AM   #6
EmmySnow
Virgin

One more concept piece before I'm off to bed. I'd love to see your work as well!
Goodnight!

-Snow
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WEB Kunoichi concept.jpg (33.5 KB, 118 views)

Old 03-12-2013, 02:04 AM   #7
candyredlips
Really Experienced

Neat! Do you prefer graphite sticks, pencils, or? when i sketch i use a 0.3 pencil which is a royal pain in the ass but what i've always preferred. Do you use rag paper? Or just whatever is in your sketchbooks? Any favorite sketchbooks? Now i have to see more of your work! It is nice to hear someone passionate about their materials.

NSFW Daddy/little tumblr

Last edited by candyredlips : 03-12-2013 at 02:05 AM. Reason: because i forgot a word

Old 03-12-2013, 02:07 AM   #8
candyredlips
Really Experienced

Quote:
One more concept piece before I'm off to bed. I'd love to see your work as well!
Goodnight!

-Snow
This one is my favorite, good pose, clean lines, nice! - do you color on photoshop?

NSFW Daddy/little tumblr

Old 03-12-2013, 09:27 AM   #9
THROBBS
I am Fauve

Location: In the Scaphoid (within the confines of my own HUGE fantasy world)
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyredlips View Post
I do apologize if this is in the wrong place...Is there a thread to converse with other artist's or is it preferable for each artist to begin a personal thread to share art? It would be nice to chat about mediums, subjects, erotic art, what inspires us, etc. If not, is it alright to start one? Have a lovely day!
Right on target.
Perfectly appropriate, and to have individual threads as well. Once, there were even illustration challenges.

It is nice to read your thoughts and observations and see how they apply to your work (candy AND emmy)
“The decision to kiss for the first time is the most crucial in any love story. It changes the relationship of two people much more strongly than even the final surrender; because this kiss already has within it that surrender.” ~ Emil Ludwig

Last edited by THROBBS : 03-12-2013 at 09:48 AM.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:04 AM   #10
stephenchapman
Virgin

Quote:
Oh what do I NOT love about graphite! Graphite is just about the easiest medium to use, I mean, we've all been using the good ol' #2 since elementary school! Graphite pencils and sticks are easy to control and I can add value simply by applying pressure. That comes in handy since I usually lay down a very light outline before adding more 'permanent' lines, strokes, and shading to my drawings. I tried painting with oils and acrylics, but was drawn to watercolors because of the fluidity and its translucent nature. Mostly, I draw women I love every beautiful curve of the woman's body, every angle, muscle, bone, hair...it's such an inspiration! That's probably why I love taking figure drawing so much! Gosh...the Wacom Cintiq is the Cadillac of drawing tablets, although I'm fine with my pencils and sketchbook. It's a pleasure speaking with you!
I loved life class. Best drawing experience ever. I must say the idea of an erotic life class is very appealing.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:17 AM   #11
THROBBS
I am Fauve

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenchapman View Post
I loved life class. Best drawing experience ever. I must say the idea of an erotic life class is very appealing.
agreed.

(though some sessions can be erotic, even if not intentionally. mind set)
“The decision to kiss for the first time is the most crucial in any love story. It changes the relationship of two people much more strongly than even the final surrender; because this kiss already has within it that surrender.” ~ Emil Ludwig

Old 03-12-2013, 12:18 PM   #12
stephenchapman
Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by THROBBS View Post
agreed.

(though some sessions can be erotic, even if not intentionally. mind set)
I doubt that anyone around here is going to vote against an erotic life class, lol. And some "regular" sessions can certainly be sensual but multiple models posing together is what I was wishing for.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:39 PM   #13
THROBBS
I am Fauve

Quote:
I doubt that anyone around here is going to vote against an erotic life class, lol. And some "regular" sessions can certainly be sensual but multiple models posing together is what I was wishing for.
I guessed.

I have a story about an erotic session, which is mostly based on an actual event. (though a single model)

Old 03-12-2013, 12:44 PM   #14
candyredlips
Really Experienced

Throbbs that is the cutest avatar! *mumbles* kind of weird to say that about a cock *blushes* but it is adorable! ^.^

Oooh i like that idea an erotic art class. Have you ever been to Dr. Sketchy's though? http://www.drsketchy.com Sort of an art salon in a bar, club, or private venue- truly a blast to attend and work from. *hugs*
Let's see if we can share our knowledge with each other and keep the creative sparks bursting!

NSFW Daddy/little tumblr

Old 03-12-2013, 12:59 PM   #15
THROBBS
I am Fauve

Quote:
Throbbs that is the cutest avatar! *mumbles* kind of weird to say that about a cock *blushes* but it is adorable! ^.^

Oooh i like that idea an erotic art class. Have you ever been to Dr. Sketchy's though? http://www.drsketchy.com Sort of an art salon in a bar, club, or private venue- truly a blast to attend and work from. *hugs*
Let's see if we can share our knowledge with each other and keep the creative sparks bursting!
How kind!
Yes, I have seen Dr. Sketchies, but never been to an event. The set-up is a bit... oddly "contrived" for lack of abetter term. I'd rather set up my own scenario, but as that is unlikely. (actually attending a DR. S...is nearly as unlikely! LOL)

So, you have been to one (or more?)

Old 03-12-2013, 02:32 PM   #16
stephenchapman
Virgin

Quote:
I guessed.

I have a story about an erotic session, which is mostly based on an actual event. (though a single model)
Is it posted over on the .com side? I didn't see any stories in your submissions list

Old 03-12-2013, 02:56 PM   #17
THROBBS
I am Fauve

Quote:
Is it posted over on the .com side? I didn't see any stories in your submissions list
Took it down a LONG time ago. actually under a diff name... (a long story)
I reposted on my thread....not sure that it is still there. (it is illustrated).

Found it>pg 52, post #1300 Though the illustrations are down currently. (as are most of the hundreds that were up)

Ok. I reposted the illustrations on post #1300 and 2 more on #1301

Last edited by THROBBS : 03-12-2013 at 06:48 PM.

Old 03-13-2013, 12:44 AM   #18
stephenchapman
Virgin

Quote:
Took it down a LONG time ago. actually under a diff name... (a long story)
I reposted on my thread....not sure that it is still there. (it is illustrated).

Found it>pg 52, post #1300 Though the illustrations are down currently. (as are most of the hundreds that were up)

Ok. I reposted the illustrations on post #1300 and 2 more on #1301
Your story made me smile (in a good way). I'm glad you reposted the illustrations. There is something about a loosely rendered quick sketch that I find very appealing. Stance is my favorite. So much personality captured in so few lines.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:10 PM   #19
THROBBS
I am Fauve

Quote:
Your story made me smile (in a good way). I'm glad you reposted the illustrations. There is something about a loosely rendered quick sketch that I find very appealing. Stance is my favorite. So much personality captured in so few lines.
Thanks so much. She was an interesting model.

Old 03-25-2013, 03:13 PM   #20
candyredlips
Really Experienced

Throbbs~ We should go to life drawing sessions together.

NSFW Daddy/little tumblr

Old 03-25-2013, 07:47 PM   #21
THROBBS
I am Fauve

Quote:
Throbbs~ We should go to life drawing sessions together.
ok.
But I may be distracted.

Old 03-26-2013, 01:28 PM   #22
candyredlips
Really Experienced

Quote:
ok.
But I may be distracted.

*grin* or we could pose for each other
^.~

NSFW Daddy/little tumblr

Old 03-26-2013, 01:29 PM   #23
THROBBS
I am Fauve

Quote:

*grin* or we could pose for each other
^.~
I have done *that*. Though someone would get the short end of the stick in that deal.

Old 03-26-2013, 01:35 PM   #24
candyredlips
Really Experienced

Quote:
I have done *that*. Though someone would get the short end of the stick in that deal.
well THAT got me grinning and giggling in a hurry! *ahem* on a serious note though it is rare that i get to paint men, most are far too shy. Though for "Cocks & Robbers i must get over my fear as there are two fellas and one happy girl! O.O

NSFW Daddy/little tumblr

Old 03-26-2013, 01:57 PM   #25
THROBBS
I am Fauve

Quote:
well THAT got me grinning and giggling in a hurry! *ahem* on a serious note though it is rare that i get to paint men, most are far too shy. Though for "Cocks & Robbers i must get over my fear as there are two fellas and one happy girl! O.O
wait... who is shy/ has fear?

I think, without much effort you could find a HEAP of exhibitionistic men.

they all want to wag it in front of a woman.