Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > How To...

Old 01-17-2011, 09:42 AM   #1
sensualsharon
Experienced

How To Get Into Lit Chat?

It's nearly impossible even trying with different browsers and dozens of attempts. It just stays on that darned intialization screen. I used to love Lit chat and go there every day, but can almost never get in. Does anyone know a secret to this dilemma? I can't be the only one that can't get in. Thanks.

Please visit my blog. A hopefully interesting site with over 100 erotic recordings of mine, and stories I've written. A totally free site I made strictly for the enjoyment of others.

http://sexychatwithsharon.com/blog/

Old 01-17-2011, 10:31 AM   #2
JackinVA
Experienced

I am having the same problems and I have all but given up. I don't have the patience or time to keep trying again and again.

Old 01-17-2011, 11:22 AM   #3
danigrl84
Literotica Guru

I have never been able to get in either. Very curious for the answer, good question. =)

Old 01-17-2011, 12:18 PM   #4
RR71
Really Experienced

Location: Somewhere near the big body of water...well not that close..
no one can...its all JACKED up....its the configuration of the programming. Sorry...

Old 01-17-2011, 01:01 PM   #5
tykejonno
Virgin

me too

its rubbish isnt it. I used to be able to, cant now

Old 01-17-2011, 03:23 PM   #6
TheDagda
Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensualsharon View Post
It's nearly impossible even trying with different browsers and dozens of attempts. It just stays on that darned intialization screen. I used to love Lit chat and go there every day, but can almost never get in. Does anyone know a secret to this dilemma? I can't be the only one that can't get in. Thanks.
I've had the same problem for-f*****'-ever. Really annoying. While I don't want to complain too much (it's a free site, after all!), I'm surprised the people at Lit haven't been able to get one version back up by reinstalling or replacing the application. It's not as though there's an archive of chats that would be lost or something.

I miss my LitChat. Do you suppose it's a lack of resources? Do we need to buy more goodies from the Store?

Old 01-17-2011, 03:30 PM   #7
StrongMaster7
Really Really Experienced

me too. very frustrating. and, given it's 90% male, i bet many users are guys who are not actively chatting. perhaps a time-out question to allow more of us live chatters on?

and while i'm on the subject, yahoo chat used to be so great and has now become worse than useless. total waste of time. all bots. all spam. all the time.

Old 01-17-2011, 05:22 PM   #8
nigel_in_uk
Literotica Guru

I have been having the same problem for a while, there is a trick to get in but it can take a while

When your sat on the initializing screen, refresh and give it 10secs then repeat, eventually the sign in screen appears. Sometimes it take a few goes and sometimes it takes ages.

Not ideal I know but atleast you can get on if you want to

See you in there

Old 01-17-2011, 09:31 PM   #9
rocket33333
Virgin

Not happy about it but at least I now know that its not just my pc. Also agree about Yahoo...the volume of posts by bots is overwhelming.

Does anyone know of any other sites with chat?

Old 01-17-2011, 10:39 PM   #10
nightfisher
Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket33333 View Post
Does anyone know of any other sites with chat?
We could set up an IRC channel easily enough.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:43 PM   #11
rocket33333
Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfisher View Post
We could set up an IRC channel easily enough.
Have no idea how to do that.

Old 01-17-2011, 11:27 PM   #12
nightfisher
Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket33333 View Post
Have no idea how to do that.
It's easy enough, hell, I could do it with one hand on my dick. Actually, I think that it would only be appropriate for the channel to be registered by someone masturbating.

I should not be that person, though. I don't know the pecking order at all so unless we want to make the chat completely unmoderated, someone else will have to step up.

Old 01-18-2011, 07:01 AM   #13
Lizzie_Borden
Real & Spectacular

Quote:
It's easy enough, hell, I could do it with one hand on my dick. Actually, I think that it would only be appropriate for the channel to be registered by someone masturbating.

I should not be that person, though. I don't know the pecking order at all so unless we want to make the chat completely unmoderated, someone else will have to step up.
Just join one of the other gajillion irc channels instead?
"There was a moment last night, when she was sandwiched between the two Finnish dwaves and the Maori tribesman, where I thought, 'Wow, I could really spend the rest of my life with this woman.' What do you call that?"
"I think you call that love, D-Bone."

Old 01-18-2011, 08:06 AM   #14
GauchoMan

Hey Sharon & everyone else

Here is a trick that has worked for me quite often -

I've noticed that the Application & Resources load much faster and the chat Log in screen invariably appears.

Hope it works for all of you too :-)

Old 01-18-2011, 03:07 PM   #15
ticklish709
Experienced

Unhappy RE: Still can't get on chat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GauchoMan View Post
Hey Sharon & everyone else

Here is a trick that has worked for me quite often -

I've noticed that the Application & Resources load much faster and the chat Log in screen invariably appears.

Hope it works for all of you too :-)

Thanks for the info but I'm afraid I still can't get in. Does anyone know of a way of notifying the powers that be that there are a good amount of us that can't get in? Pout . . . pout . . . pout!!
Ticklish709

Old 01-18-2011, 04:05 PM   #16
SweetErika
Work in Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticklish709 View Post
Thanks for the info but I'm afraid I still can't get in. Does anyone know of a way of notifying the powers that be that there are a good amount of us that can't get in? Pout . . . pout . . . pout!!
Ticklish709
They're well aware, I'm sure. It hasn't worked well for a long time (and before that, there were problems with it getting hacked), so it must not be a priority for them in the grand scheme of running the site. If you think about it, it's not something that generates income or draws a measurable number of people to the site (like the forums), so it's not really worth it for the owners to put a lot of resources into it unless they can figure out a way to make it generate ad revenue or whatever.

And if you do manage to get into chat, you have the automatic booting/banning and chat monitors to contend with. If you send messages too fast, you'll get booted or banned for flooding. If you say you like non-consent stories, you'll likely get banned. There doesn't appear to be a way to reason with the monitors or plead your case if you do get banned.

Your best bet is to find another place to chat, instead of complaining about Lit's system or spending time on trying to get it changed. I don't know why all of the chat lovers don't ban together and create their own system since it seems to be such a huge deal to them. I'm sure many people have the skills and hosting space to do such a thing if some are willing to contribute to organizing and monitoring it. Hell, I bet a lot of people would be happy to pay a small monthly fee for good chat, and that'd help keep out the spammers.

Old 01-19-2011, 02:28 AM   #17
Gabes17
Virgin

Before I got insta banned, it was very tricky to get into too. I'm not sure if the mods were just really twitchy or it was a bot, but I was banned about 5 seconds after someone asked if I was 17 in general. (when my age was in the profile :-/)

Maybe I'm just terrible at it, but I don't know of any good irc channels.. anyone have some suggestions?

Old 01-19-2011, 10:14 PM   #18
Aricoquin

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongMaster7 View Post
me too. very frustrating. and, given it's 90% male, i bet many users are guys who are not actively chatting. perhaps a time-out question to allow more of us live chatters on?

and while i'm on the subject, yahoo chat used to be so great and has now become worse than useless. total waste of time. all bots. all spam. all the time.
But then you'd have lots of one word or one letter replies on the chat window.

Quote:

Hahahaa made me laugh.

I used to go there. Haven't been able to log in and I havent tried in forever. I agree with setting up some form of chat here, but like yall, I have no clue how. Hell, I'm new here!!! Well, not new to the site, just new to posting.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:41 AM   #19
mkkhopnao
Virgin

How To Get Into Lit Chat

on YOU the purple socks works...but I don;t bet on you...well, just in that one race a few years back..but heck you were a LOCK....

You run much faster in your yellow and green socks....theones with Spongebob on them