Shadow over Gerelden OOC

LeoHawk35

Literotica Guru
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Posts
818
Hello to any and all who may come to read this thread.

Just as an overview of what this thread will be: It will be in the early midevil times. Fantasy, of course. To be rather honest, I'm only making this because the other threads like this that I particiate in have all gone dark. I don't have any real idea where this will go. Story is valued over sex. Romance is perfectly alright, as long as it doesn't interfere with the storyline. You can make an antagonist, if you wish.

As it stands, there are dark powers at work in the world. Magic is outlawed and misunderstood. There are mainly human civilizations who are overly suspicious of the other races. Societies of other races are hidden inside human settlements and in the far reaches of the world. There will be one destined by fate to stop the ancient prophecy from fulfilling itself. Who that is remains to be seen.

Any style character will work, as long as it fits the time frame. So no Jedi, sorry. And no laser weapons or whatever else it is you crazies can come up with. This is an open thread, and I have no idea for a cut off. I was thinking around eight so it doesn't get overly confusing. Please follow this template:

Name:
Race:
Age:
Sex:
Personality:
Role:
Appearance:
Equipment:
Bio:

No real limits, as long as your character isn't unbeatable. Take a hit here and there. I don't expect you to get yourself completely annialated if your character is a skilled fighter. Mine is as follows:

Name: Zelthuros
Race: Undead
Age: 421
Sex: Male
Personality: Calm, cold personality with a twisted sense of humor. Avoids other people if possible and travels alone in the far reaches of the world.
Role: Infiltrator/Ranger.
Appearance: Six foot seven, hundred and sixty pounds, pale skin, piercing silver eyes, short white hair. Wears a long black robe with a mask pulled up to hide everything but his eyes from view. His left arm is bare of flesh up to the elbow. Wears gloves to hide the skeletal condition of his hand.
Equipment: Dual hidden blades, dual shortswords, longbow and arrows. Infiltration tools, lockpick, rope, and rations for wilderness survival.
Bio: Trained as a ranger under his master in the early years of his life. Was killed in a battle at the age of seventeen, and awoke several years later in a hut on the outskirts of the capital, Detrol. He learned the assassin lifestyle in Detrol, and picked up his infiltration skills on his own. His home is the road, and he never stays in one place for longer than a few days, usually long enough to complete the mercenary contract he had taken on to keep his money up. He has often made camp in the forest where he and his wolf companion, Shadow, would spend the night under the open sky.
 
Last edited:
Damn, no Jedi. That would have been my first choice. :D

I see that undead are allowed. How about elves?
 
How bout giants :p I have a character I use to play all the time thats pretty bad ass. Actually hes a fully fleshed out 3.5e DnD character.
 
Elves are just fine. Giants, however, might be an issue. Being as big as they are, it might make things difficult. I'll let you guys debate it, however.

As for the Undead, they are very few and far inbetween. I'm not stopping anyone from making another undead, however.
 
Good. I like elves. Especially the elven subset that I created. Now where did I put their description? *wanders off to dig thru some filing cabinets*
 
Name: Grimlock
Race: Human
Age: 28
Sex: Male
Personality: Gruff and hard, to the point and acts ignorant at times
Role: Knight
Appearance: Armor: Wears plate armor over a chain mail hauberk, the plate armor is black and the chain mail gray. Out of armor: Wears dark grey doublet and black pants with black boots, Grimlock is 6'11", weighs 305 pounds, has white blond hair and pale blue eyes, his hands, neck and face has various scars from battles on them
Equipment: Grimlock uses a heavyaxe when in the saddle, but on foot he uses a huge sword and a shield
Bio: Cascius Grimlock was born a farmer's son, being the youngest he did not have a future on the farm and went to offer his sword arm to the local lord's war band. Grimlock took to the lifestyle like a duck to water, at the age of 15 he saw his first battle, at the age of 19 he was already carrying the favor of many regents. The prowess of the young man came to the attention of the high king and soon Grimlock found himself in training to become a knight. Grimlock have been serving the High King for eight years now and is on his way to deliver a highly confidential dispatch
 
Nice to see that you signed on, DK. You always bring some fun to these sorts of threads.

And Jedi, just post the description of the "subset" and we'll talk about it. It should be alright, as I'm very lenient.
 
I bring fun :D I like that one Leo, glad that I at least bring something to the table
 
You also bring a ridiculously large sig to the thread, DK. ;)

Did the holidays bring you lots of work?
 
So giants might be an issue..... How bout a Half dragon Half Orc Sorcerer? No larger then a normal Orc..... just with a pair of wings :p
 
It's not THAT big Jedi

*peers at my sig*

I made it smaller :D

Not really hey. Been open the whole holiday season and I didn't even get any work in
 
That stinks. I would have thought that a cell phone shop would get plenty of business for the holidays. But then again, I'm probably thinking of a shop here in the U.S.

As for your sig, it's not so much big as just really wide. What the hell was that pic supposed to be anyways?

Edit: notice the pic was gone so changed question to past tense.
 
The pic was the following:

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty, and to impress him, takes on his multi-armed form, and says, 'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.' I suppose we all thought that, one way or another."

But it was written in Predator script :)
 
The pic was the following:

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty, and to impress him, takes on his multi-armed form, and says, 'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.' I suppose we all thought that, one way or another."

But it was written in Predator script :)

Oh... I knew that.
 
I'm working on another picture, but it will be just one line, so it's smaller :D
 
Just as long as it's not as nearly wide as the last pic, that's fine.
 
You have a very interesting sense of characters. What sick person made that hybrid?

Heh, anyway, if you think it won't interfere with your ability to find the other party members, go ahead. Keep in mind the intro I posted. Humans are heavily against any non-human races to the point of being able to call the local guard on them.

But I have no problem with it. Go ahead and get your char posted.
 
Last edited:
I was thinking more of dare gone wrong lol. I will have a character up for you little later tonight. I will be able to manage meeting up with the party and staying hidden enough to avoid trouble. Being half-dragon/half-orc and having the ability to cast spells you quickly learn the illusion aspect of magic. :p
 
Dare gone wrong...hah.

Sounds good. I'll be looking forward to the bio for that character.
 
Name: nexatumi(DragonFang)
Race: Half-Dragon/Half-Orc
Age: 112
Sex: Male
Personality: A breed of species all his own Fang has traveled the lands alone for more years then even he could remember. Always living off of what and who he can find his personality is harsh and trust in non-existent. His voice is rough and his Common bad and broken from disuse. Having worked as a hired mercenary in a previous 'life', as Fang calls them, his ability to read and persuade people are surprising considering his lack of speech.
Role: Illusion Sorcerer
Appearance:
-When not under the influence of any illusion spells Fang appears a sickly green from head to foot. His skin is leathery and tough and pulled taunt over his bulging muscles. His feet are webbed and tipped with sharp talons, his legs are powerful and scaled with thick forest green plates. The only clothing Fang ever wears is a thick wool robe that covers most of his gruesome features. His face a twisted contortment of orc and dragon is dark green and heavily scaled, one eye a bright fiery red the other a dull charcoal gray, his nose elongated and flattened, his ears pushed back and stubby. A large pair of thick leathery wings pretrude from his heavy wool cloak and wrap around his back like a protective shield. When folded out his wingspan measures over 8feet and help him easily lift whatever he likes into the air and off and away.
-When under his mix of carefully blended spells and illusions he appears as a young white human male. Rather tall and built fairly strong with a solid jawline and chiseled features. Dressed as an adventurer with a sword at his side he goes un-noticed in many an area.
Equipment: Bag of illusion aides and tricks. Arrangement of different size and types of throwing daggers and stars. And a large longsword that always stays sheathed at his side.
Bio: Born the son of a great warrior orc Fang has always had the instinct of the way of battle. Though Feng has never even meet his father due to his unfortunate birth and because of this has always been despised in his hometown. His father had been sent to kill one of the few remaining dragons that still roamed this land. But before embarking a old wizard had appeared hearing the tale and asked of him a special favor of which he would greatly reward if completed. Though no one has ever known what the wizard had asked Fang has always known that he is the fruit of this 'special favor'.
 
Think we let Jedi get his char up, then I'll start the IC? Lack of female writers, though.
 
So you like my character? :p People can always join later and always do so start it! :)
 
Name: Jager
Race: Mori Elf
Gender: Male
Height: 5'11"
Description: A ruggedly handsome face, with a scar cutting vertically over his right eye. Black shoulder length hair. Brown eyes. Always wears a hooded cloak that seems to shift in color from a dark forest green to a dirty, sandy grey depending on the surrounding environment.
Profession: Hunter
Weapons: Two magical blades that are slightly shorter than a katana; short bow.
Specialty: Stealth and speed
Weakness: Not all that strong, thus he relies on his stealth to get close to a target and use surprise to obtain a first stroke kill. If he can't kill on the first blow, he won't attack.

History: A member of the enigmatic Mori Elves, Jager is no stranger to the wilderness, be it in the woods or in town. With his people’s natural rugged looks, Jager can easily blend in with a crowd of humans, especially when compared to more common elves and their seemingly unnatural beauty. Jager is an expert marksman with a bow and can place an arrow in the eye of a target at nearly a hundred yards with just as much finesse as he wields his dual blades.

Stealth and speed are the greatest assets of the Mori Elves and Jager is no exception. He’s been known to hide in shadows and bushes no more than two feet away from deer without the deer going on alert, and then strike with such speed that the animal has its throat slit before it can pivot on its back feet to flee.


Info on the Mori Elves:
It is told by many an old traveler and storyteller, that the Mori elves, or the Mori Hunters as they are also known as, are among the best hunters in the world. It is also told that the Mori Hunters are a secretive lot, not being very sociable, but polite when they do socialize. It is also rumored that the Mori Hunters would hunt anything…anything…as long as the price was right and there was a good enough reason. This rumor has caused many an unscrupulous rich man to seek out the services of the Mori Hunters, but the rumor has never been confirmed. The rumor was usually accompanied with the phase “You don’t find them, they find you.”

The Mori elves are a type apart from other elves, in many ways. For one, their language is significantly different from that of other elves, with the Mori dialect being more rugged, ancient and/or primitive.

Another difference is that it would be easy to distinguish between the Mori elves and common elves, when they stood next to each other. Mori elves do not have the natural beauty/splendor of other elves; the Mori elves are more rugged, their faces chiseled by a tough existence, but yet they seem to have their own sort of beauty, that of a people that work hard for a living, and it shows. Mori elves are also less…cultured than common elves. If one were to somehow find the settlement of the Mori elves, they would find none of the sculpture or artwork that would be prevalent in other elven dwellings, nor would they find large libraries of books filled with various historical documents and other such “learned” works.

A visitor would instead find a refuge hidden from sight by blending in with the natural environment. It is recorded in the few books that the Mori elves keep, that large armies have walked right on through the home of the Mori elves without ever realizing it. It would take either a highly skilled eye or a very lucky fool to find the hidden homes of the Mori Hunters.

Another difference between Mori elves and other elves is the mentality. Other elves tend to be high minded, looking for knowledge, enlightenment, whatever, while Mori elves are a down to earth people, seeking only things that are practical and may be of use to them.

If a person were to ask a common elf about the Mori elves, they would most likely look at the person as if they had just grown a second head, and split up the intelligence between them. In essence, they would think the person to be completely and utterly stupid to be asking an elf about the lowly Mori. The elf would then probably proceed to walk away, ignoring the question. Some elves would stick around to chastise the questioner; a rare few elves will actually honestly answer the question.

If a person were to ask a Mori elf about common elves, the Mori elf would simply answer the question in a polite manner, and would be brutally honest, especially with their opinion on the high-minded common elves. It would be instantly apparent that there is no love-loss between the Mori elves and other elves.
 
Back
Top