One love shared by Two-IC (closed)

Gaias_child

Literotica Guru
Joined
May 22, 2009
Posts
1,444
eilean_donan_castle_scotland_0303.jpg


Castle McKay,one of the few magestic castles built on the loch. A small land track was the only way into the Keep unless by water. A prosperous Keep ruled by a kind and generous Laird. Laird Denoch McKay was a widower raising his only daughter alonside his closest friends daughter. The two girls had grown up side by side since they were babes in swaddling,never far apart yet as different as night and day. Their numerous Nannies usually rung their own hair out trying to teach the girls proper ettiquette,yet with Annabelle their task was more too task.

Lady Annabelle Roasalie McKay was not the typical daughter of a Laird,long from the scenes of Court she could be found riding her mare, Clofax out along the moors. More times than naught barefooted and her dress skirts pulled up to be tucked into her hems. She hardly ever wore her hair up atop her head as fashion,preferring to let the red/golden locks to hang past her shoulders in a wild unkempt way. Some of the clansmen swore she was part of the forest folk,she seemed more at home amidst the animals and trees. Some had even whispered that her mother was a descendant of a strong Sidhe.

Lady Annabelle adored her friend Brianna,being as close as two could be without being kin. Even as babes one was never far from the other,each having caught fevers within hours of the other or cried when one was hurt. Today Lady Annabelle was distracted,her feet carried her along the corridors,several servants had to sidestep to avoid her. She was focused on one thing and nothing was going to stray her path. She pushed open the Great Hall doors and moved towards the large table,seated there were her father and Briannas da. Their heads lifted when she neared and Laird McKay let out a soft sigh as she could tell his daughter was in a mood.

"Da...Tell me the rumors are false."She began in one hurried breath as she dropped down to sit at his knees,her green eyes peering up at him. Tears welling as she struggled to keep her composure. "Tell me it isnt true..that Brianna has been betrothed."She turned to look at Brianna's father. "Please ...you kannae take my best friend from me."Annabelle's strong broque began to show through in her distress.

Laird McKay sighed and shook his head softly as he touched the top of his daughters head. "My child,you both must soon wed and start your own families. You have both seen your 18th summer, it is high time ye both begin your lives apart." He spoke softly yet the firmness was there.

Annabelle shook her head,tears slid from her eyes as she pushed to her feet. Her eyes flared through the glistening drops on her lashes. " I willnae let her go... If she goes so do I." She said in challenge to both the fathers as she turned on her heel and fled the great room. Her father leaned back in his chair and scratched his beard,his daughter as head strong as her mother had been,if not more so.

"Well,my friend..will seem we have nae a fight on our hands." Denoch McKay told the man sitting at his side. His eyes moving back to the door his daughter had fled through,knowing where she would go.

Annabelle dashed through the halls,took the winding stairs two at a time,her breath came in gasps as she neared the bedroom door of her dear friend. SShe didnt knock as she shoved the door open,the chamber maid squealed and dropped the pitcher of water,pottery shattered across the floor. "Och..Lassie..ye near gave me a heart attack." The chamber maid scolded Annabelle as she knelt to pick up the pieces. Annabelle looked around before seeing Brianna sitting before the window. hurrying over to her she slid onto the chair beside her friend and wrapped her arms around her.

"Tell me it is nae true. Tell me you are not leaving."She cried into her friends shoulder as she silently begged her to begin laughing as if it was all a bad joke. Annabelle sobbed when she received a look she knew all too well from Brianna. It was true,her friend was too wed and leave the only home she had ever known. Annabelle touched her cheeks and felt her tears, she wiped at them trying to stop them. She failed at stopping Brianna's tears just as she failed to control her own. "I will nae let you go..I will come with ye.." She whispered her promise as she snuggled on the seat with her friend.

Adie,the chambermaid shook her head as she watched the two girls...she had dreaded this day and knew it was just going to get harder. She knew Annabelle would not let her friend go alone and that in itself would be a problem. She slowly let herself out of the room to give the girls some time to themselves and their emotions. As she left she heard the soft voice of Annabelle.. "Do ye ken who it is? Who does your da plan to wed ye too?"She asked Brianna softly. Annabelle felt her body humming as it usually did when she became upset,some say her eyes grew into a deeper green,as green as the forest pines. She had tried before to calm herself down when she had reached a fevered peak..something more strange had occured.

Her skin had taken on a soft glow...a faint glow that seemed to radiate from deep within her body. She knew her mother had been accused by some to be part fae...but she had never known if it were true or not..that is until she turned 18 and strange things had begun to occur through her body. Emotions usually made them more pronounced. Taking a deep breath she looked out over Brianna;s head ,out the window towards the soft motion of the Loch. Their future was just beginning,but would it be a future they both could live with.
 
gaiathreadd.jpg


Lady Brieanna Rosalie MacGhregoir was in many ways the model daughter, the apple of her father Laid Jameson MacGhregoir’s eye as she had been since his beloved wife had died in child birth many long years before.

In his eyes she could do no wrong, soft, sweet and sunny by nature she was the perfect compliment to her best friend Annabelle whom she adored. They shared a birth date; they shared a second name even the love of a childhood sweetheart and it was rumored that they were both connected to the Fae of olde. Perhaps it was a culmination of all these things that bound them closer than even twins could ever be.

Since her 18th birthday Brie had began to understand many things, her innate ability to heal was growing stronger, it was an ability that had helped only the small animals of the forest at least until now, but she could feel the power growing with in her daily. Recently too her connection to her friend was becoming even clearer almost as if she could physically hear her thoughts sometimes. As she sat sewing she knew the instant that her friend had entered the castle, she could feel her confusion, she knows about the marriage! she thought immediately afraid for her beloved friend. All hell was about to break loose if she knew Annabelle and of course she did as no other in this world ever be able to.

Putting down her sewing she moved towards the window looking sightlessly across the loch she had come to love. She had no wish to leave her home, no wish to leave her friend, and absolutely no wish to meet this unknown suitor… truth is known she was in love with another, they both were.

A loud crash and Adie’s "Och..Lassie..ye near gave me a heart attack." heralded the arrival of her whirlwind friend.

As the distraught girl sat down beside her a lump came into Brieanna’s throat as she tried to answer the barrage of questions thrown her way. Brie’s large tear filled eyes were deep azure lagoons of sadness, they told the story more clearly than mere words alone could ever have done.

"Do ye ken who it is? Who does your da plan to wed ye too?"


Brieanna’s small slender fingers traced the tear drops falling down her friend beautiful face still saying nothing as Annabelle asked her questions, the girls words falling like torrents of unending rain.

Fingers tips touching each other the small vibrations of her own slender form soon matched those of her 'sister'. To an outsider it would have seemed as if they were both bathed in a soft golden glow, two bodies’ one single soul. They stayed that way foreheads pressed together as Brie tried to formulate her answer.

She could feel Annabelle struggle to calm herself, it was usually she who would act as an anchor but not on this day, she followed her friend gaze worried too about their precarious futures before finally speaking her voice flat, her faint brogue absent altogether.

“I do not know who he is Annabelle, we shall meet tonight, father has planned a dinner.”

She reached out and turned Annabelle’s face once more to hers placing a soft kiss on her lips where it lingered like a vibrant living bond between them.

“You will not leave me? You promise?” Her blue eyes turned into the deepest Violet as she continued with her impassioned plea.

“Swear it on our mothers graves…swear it!”
 
It seemed that marriage could never be simple, nor for love when one was a Laird. It was a lesson that now Laird Kian MacBain had been told by his father several times when he was old enough to understand the meaning. Of course it was also a lesson he'd neglected, being a rather typical stubborn adolescent, his Scottish heritage did little to off set that tendency. Much of his youth was spent learning to read, write, and fight. Despite the limited resources his parents had done their best to educate their only child, to make him a fair ruler when his time came.

Of course his time came much sooner than it should have. A tragic accident claimed his parents and left the countryside grieving for their Laird, and a mere boy in his place. It was very fortunate that Kian had been so extensively schooled, because a less prepared young man might have crumbled under the sudden weight of leadership. Kian struggled, that much was only natural, but in the end proved himself capable, willing to work and fight alongside his people. Then the whispers had started, a Laird should of course have a Lady. His advisers had been pushing for a marriage for some time before he eventually relented and told them to find someone who his people would accept.

His advisers were ill equipped for such a task, and rather than consider the people had simply found someone close who's marriage would help them. When Kian learned who he was to marry he was hesitant. There were rumors that his bride to be was part fae. While he didn't put much stock in such rumors, others might. He was even more hesitant to marry sight unseen, the Lady in question was apparently a shade over eighteen. Why her marriage had been postponed so long called many things into question.

Kian may well have called the whole thing off, demoted his advisers, and started the search all over again if not for the word of the people. Those who lived with Lady Brieanna spoke well of her, and his own people seemed simply happy their Laird was interested in marriage, even if at twenty five he was a tad old. So it was with some trepidation that Laird Kian MacBain now approached the keep of Laird MacKay.

His deep red hair was slightly disheveled, but that was from the ride. A braid was tucked behind his right ear, the hair resting comfortably at the base of his neck. Deep piercing blue eyes were set pleasantly into his face, which contained a hint of stubble but no true beard. The black handle of a dirk was visible at the top of his right boot, more for decoration on an occasion like this than function, and he was wearing his best kilt. He didn't care for this kilt, but the clan colors were easy to see. He wore a normal traveling shirt, but it did little to conceal the developed muscles of his torso. Even as Laird Kian had worked, one of his father's virtues to keep him grounded. His legs as well were well muscled from use. Kian MacBain was no layabout, that much was evident. The more formal elements of his attire, a shirt and the clan tartan, were bundled up in case the weather turned before arriving so that he could be presentable.

Kian abhorred large numbers of attendants, but in cases such as this it was unavoidable and he could only hope to contain the damage so to speak. He'd brought two body guards for show more than function again, a few advisers he knew could be counted on, and a few others. It was still a rather impressive entourage all things considered, but Kian hoped it wouldn't be too invasive to their host.

The group paused before the keep walls, Kian's herald calling out their arrival. It was a real treat for the herald, Kian found the position rather foolish and used him infrequently if possible, preferring to have the man do real work, but he had a fine strong voice and was an admirable herald to have. Now they waited for the doors to open and their presence be allowed inside the keep.
 
"I swear to you ...on my mother's grave."Annabelle whispered softly to Brieanna as she ran her tongue out and over her lips from the soft kiss. Her head resting against her friend as she felt the calming coming over her as only she could bring forth. Her head jerked up as she heard the cries of the Herald and looked quickly at Brieanna.

"He is here..."She whispered as she hurried to the window,pulling Brieanna behind her as they peered down at the incoming procession. Her heart hammered in her throat as she saw Laird Kian McBain in front. She stepped back and looked over at her friend. The man the two of them had dreamed over and fantasized about since they had seen him at court was now in their Keep.

"Brieanna..Its...I mean..he..." Annabelle stammered for the first time..at a loss for words as they both looked out the window. They had dreamed of him and told tales of growing up to both love him,share him. Now he was here and surely was Brieanna's betrothed.

The girls continued to stare until the bedroom door opened and Addie stood there,clucking her tongue at them. "Och..we have the finest men in our court and here ye lasses be standing around in your sitting clothes."She hustled in and took each of them by the hand, calling out for another maid. "Yvonne take Lady Annabelle to her rooms,dress her while I make Lady Brieanna presentable for her betrothed." The younger maid nodded and with one last look back at Brieanna,Annabelle was pulled from the room.

Yvonne slid the dress over Annabelle's head and fluffed it out around her..smiling as the material hung around her form,clinging to just the right curves. A simple green dress with her red/golden hair piled up on her head,several tendrils curled around her face. Annabelle curled her nose up as she looked at her reflection,she despised being made up like a doll. Sighing she finally left her room and went to Brieanna's,knocking softly as she entered. her eyes wide as her friend was gorgeous,if anyone could be beautiful in even a sack it would be Brieanna.

"You are breath-taking...he would be a fool to turn away from you."Annabelle said softly,feeling the threat of her tears once more. Right then and there she vowed they would not be seperated no matter what.

EveryDayGown.jpg
 
gaisthread.jpg

"I swear to you ...on my mother's grave." Was all that was needed to enable Brianna to reach out and soother her child hood friend .A sense of utter calmness overcame them both which lasted but a moment until they both heard the sound of the herald.

Seconds later they stood hand in hand watching the procession, one man in particular. Brianna was speechless her heart beating a staccato rhythm within her breast as she recognized him, the two girls stood confounded.

She had loved this man since the first day she had spied him at the court. The two friends had dreamed, had plotted, but Brianna had never dared to hope that one day he would be hers. Startled at the thought her eyes flew to Annabelle’s her cheeks turning a pretty shade of pink. They had agreed to share him, could they in reality do this or would their dreams be relegated to the realm of child hood fantasy?

Brianna was almost grateful when Addie arrived, shooing Annabelle from the room. She stood docile and unmoving as her maid dressed her, her mind sifting thorough the possibilities, there had to be away, there must be, but what if he didn’t like her didn’t want her...worse still didn’t want them?

Addie chattered as she fussed and clucked about her young charge but Brianna barely heard her, she was unmindful as her maid slipped a soft white brocade dress over her lovely form cinching it at her tiny waist with a wide golden sash. Instead of putting her hair up she braided it into two thick braids on either side of her head both falling to well below her waist. Standing behind her she added the final touch placing a mantle on her head, it was made of the most delicate Scottish lace covering her head as befitted her status, that of an untouched maiden fair.

“What de ya think Lassie?” queried her maid anxiously

Brianna raised her eyes to the mirror before her shocked... she looked like a very young and very frightened bride to be. As she met her own gaze in the mirror her expression changed to one of calm serenity, her wedding would go forward, in that single moment she knew it with a certainty.

Smiling she turned and hugged the buxom woman just as Annabelle entered answering Addie’s question.

"You are breath-taking...he would be a fool to turn away from you.”

“From us,” Brianna replied softly taking her friends hand.

“Come it is time we go to meet our destiny”

Brianna sounded confident but inside a million butterflies were cavorting inside her tummy. It took effort to leave her bedroom and to slowly descent the huge staircase, hand in hand with Annabelle when in reality she wanted to lift her skirts and flee down the backstairs and out into the forest taking her beloved friend with her…
 
The procession was welcomed into the keep, the Laird himself coming out to the courtyard to grasp Kian's hand in greeting. Fortunately Laird McKay shared Kian's general dislike of formality. While tradition, and respect were very important, much of the pomp and circumstance didn't suit either of the Scottsmen. It was definitely a blessing to have a potential family tie that shared much of his perspectives.

"Ma thanks Laird McKay, your home is as lovely as ever."

The two shared a few moments of conversation before some servants escorted him to his quarters. Kian had been to Laird McKay's lands before, they were virtual neighbors and while not the best of friends they were hardly strangers. In point of fact Kian had been trying to put a face to the name of his betrothed. At some point during a visit he must have seen Lady Brieanna, perhaps not a formal introduction but a passing glance certainly.

He pondered, running through the list of faces he'd seen while making sure his men were comfortable before retiring to change. The weather had been favorable and no rain had fallen on their journey, so his kilt was still quite acceptable. The shirt he'd brought for the occasion was a deep red to offset the deep green base of his clan colors. He had one of the maids aid him with the tartan, while he could don it himself he had never been able to make the proper adjustments to it. Kian absolutely refused to let them redo his hair though. It had been an ordeal enough this morning, a few loose strands weren't worth the effort of undoing it all.

Finally deemed presentable, Kian was standing beside Laird McKay at the foot of a staircase, waiting the arrival his Brieanna. Further proving his advisory staff needed an overhaul, many of them predicted a lengthy wait for the Ladies arrival. Kian had been waiting only a few minutes before two of the most beautiful creatures he'd ever seen appeared at the top of the stair case.

The difference in their dress made clear who Brieanna was, but for some reason he could not remove his gaze from the pair. It brought a brief surge of guilt, he should have eyes only for his future bride, but they complimented each other so perfectly, looking at either without the other seemed like an insult to both. Kian had no idea who the other woman was, at least until they reached the bottom of the stairs. Seeing her close enough to Laird McKay the family resemblance was discernible.

"This must be your daughter Laird McKay. Praise tha heavens she takes after her Ma."

Kian dipped his head towards the woman as her father laughed and introduced her as Annabelle, and indeed his daughter. Then his blue eyes adjusted slightly to look at Lady Brieanna.

"Lady Brieanna I presume. I'd heard stories ye were fae touched, I didnae believe at first. But seein' ya now, such loveliness canna come from just mere mortals."

Kian dipped his head lower, and allowed their host to formally introduce him to his future wife. His eyes followed her figure briefly, it was definitely pleasing, but he focused more on her face. Her fingers entwined with that of Lady Annabelle didn't go unnoticed, but at the moment he secretly wished for someone close to him to be here as well. The emotions were quelled and left in his belly, but his smile was genuine as he offered her his hand.

"As long as ye've no objections Lady Brieanna, I would be honored to call ye ma betrothed."
 
Annabelle folwwed next to her dear friend,her hand clasped tightly into hers as they descended the stairs. Her eyes found her father's then slid over to rest on Kian. He was a handosme as she had remembered,her heart sped up as she squeezed Brieanna's hand tighter. They stopped before their father's,she could see the happiness in their eyes. Not often would annabelle dress up,putting up much fight about feeling like a dressed up doll. She wanted to reach up and pull the braids from the top of her head,toss off the choking gown.

She released Brienna's hand as her father pulled her towards Kian. Annebelle moved to stand next to her own father as she watched the betrothal become more solid. She let her eyes move over to meet Brieanna's..."Do not fear...we will not be seperated."She thought hard to her friend as the procession moved into the dining hall.

Music echoed around them as the revelers danced and drank in the name of their Lairds. Annebelle took her seat to her father's left and watched Brieanna do the same but this time Kian sat to her right, her smaller body between the two men. Annebelle wanted to run to her friends side but knew it would not please her Da. She sat,sipping her ale as she tried to appear happy. Soon the great meal was brought in,cooked boar,chicken,venison. The hunters had done their jobs well for this feast. Kitchen maids carried large platters around and served the men first. Annebelle had no appetite but ate for appearance.

She faintly listened to the men around her talking,her mind far off. She felt as if she had left her body and was only there in a shell. She stared unblinking ahead of her as the dancing drew closer,the beat of the music finally sinking into her body and she stood. Her feet moved herself onto the large floor and she closed her eyes. Her hands lifted and she began to sway,small steps until her whole body seemed to become the music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IxKM77KM64&feature=related

Her body became one with the music as the tempo grew faster,she never noticed when the room grew silent as she became the onyl one dancing on the floor. Her hair fell loose and spun around her,the air around her seemed to become charged from her energy. Soon the music slowed and she felt her body changing into a more slower,softer dance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k93XLmo80g

The voice of the old smith filled the room as he sang the slow song..her body slowed until she was barely moving,lost in her dance,unmindful of anyone aroud her. Finally her steps slowed and she opened her eyes,the flush filling her cheeks as she was met with roars of applause and calls,her Da smiled at her and nodded. Annebelle bowed quickly and moved from the room to find the calming cool air atop a rampart. Her eyes went out over the moors and loch as she could faintly hear the voices still coming from within the keep. She fought the urge to run out into the dark,the woods calling out to her.
 
Back
Top