Old 05-31-2016, 08:45 AM   #1
GiggLeGasm
June Cleaver Wannabe

Location: Clevelandish, Ohio... A great place to live; I wouldn't want to vacation here.
HumanKind.. Be Both

well hi there! I have accepted the challenge of encouraging gratitude in all areas of my life as a part of a larger work of study. I toyed with the idea of making this an online gratitude jar but didn't want to make it so specific that it became a thread of lists.

So.. this place is dedicated to wonderful task of recognizing human kindness through words, pictures, stories, voice memos..

Today, I'm grateful for those people who keep this place rolling by constantly creating new threads to bring different people together so that everyone can feel included in something.

Old 05-31-2016, 08:55 AM   #2
TomBoner
A Happy High Squirrel

Great idea gg. Not sure if this is what you had in mind but this vid is a couple years old but tells such an amazing and uplifting story ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMBzJleeOno

Old 05-31-2016, 09:09 AM   #3
GiggLeGasm
June Cleaver Wannabe

Location: Clevelandish, Ohio... A great place to live; I wouldn't want to vacation here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBoner View Post
Great idea gg. Not sure if this is what you had in mind but this vid is a couple years old but tells such an amazing and uplifting story ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMBzJleeOno
that was really great.. thank you!

Old 05-31-2016, 09:20 AM   #4
GiggLeGasm
June Cleaver Wannabe

I was at work the past few days and had two older ladies in a room near the nursing station. The one (82 years old) was there because we're pretty sure she had a heart attack and the other (90 years old) because her family is growing concerned about her living alone. They grew up in a time when they wouldn't have been allowed to be in the same hospital because of their backgrounds.

Friday, the 82 year old was saying about her roomie, "she smells bad. I know she can't help it, but she stinks." Saturday, when THAT issue had resolved, the 90 year old was bragging that at least she doesn't live with her children.
But yesterday, when the families were all busy with their picnics and friends, the two ladies pulled the curtain that divided their room and began talking with one another..
By the time I was leaving, one was in a chair beside the other bed.

It's one of my favorite parts about my job. I get to watch people change as they witness a difficult time for another person. It doesn't happen all the time. Often, patients pull the curtain and focus on their own problems.. and that's ok. Sometimes though, usually with the older patients, they begin to share with one another and the whole atmosphere changes. I love it.

Old 05-31-2016, 11:36 AM   #5
GiggLeGasm
June Cleaver Wannabe

Old 05-31-2016, 11:39 AM   #6
BlackCashmere
Kindness begets Kindness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggLeGasm View Post
I was at work the past few days and had two older ladies in a room near the nursing station. The one (82 years old) was there because we're pretty sure she had a heart attack and the other (90 years old) because her family is growing concerned about her living alone. They grew up in a time when they wouldn't have been allowed to be in the same hospital because of their backgrounds.

Friday, the 82 year old was saying about her roomie, "she smells bad. I know she can't help it, but she stinks." Saturday, when THAT issue had resolved, the 90 year old was bragging that at least she doesn't live with her children.
But yesterday, when the families were all busy with their picnics and friends, the two ladies pulled the curtain that divided their room and began talking with one another..

It's one of my favorite parts about my job. I get to watch people change as they witness a difficult time for another person. It doesn't happen all the time. Often, patients pull the curtain and focus on their own problems.. and that's ok. Sometimes though, usually with the older patients, they begin to share with one another and the whole atmosphere changes. I love it.
This touched my heart...Thank you so much for sharing this...I miss my Nursing days and my heart and experience was always geriatrics...so this truly touched me ...deeply...

BEAUTIFUL thread...

Old 05-31-2016, 11:40 AM   #7
GiggLeGasm
June Cleaver Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCashmere View Post
This touched my heart...Thank you so much for sharing this...I miss my Nursing days and my heart and experience was always geriatrics...so this truly touched me ...deeply...

BEAUTIFUL thread...
if I could hug you.. it would have happened a thousand times already..
and I'd still have room for one more

Old 05-31-2016, 11:44 AM   #8
BlackCashmere
Kindness begets Kindness

Quote:
if I could hug you.. it would have happened a thousand times already..
and I'd still have room for one more
Me too...I think the entire world of you and think you have the greatest heart and most beautiful warm spirit of all... and one day I will hug you in person...it is my goal...

Old 05-31-2016, 11:44 AM   #9
LIVINRFANTASIES
In a Cornfield Near You

Location: In Illinois far from Florida man. Any fool can make babies...... It takes love to raise a family
Denny---<-----that's me! The male half

patients pull the curtain and focus on their own problems.

We need to open the curtains and learn to share our past lives with younger people while we still have life.

Those younger people need to take time to open their own curtains, put down the cell phones, and other toys, and listen!

We try to be human and kind. I'm thankfull my wife chose me and together we help each other at an age when we need help. Also thankful we raised our kids right and they want to help.

We need more Lit kindness and less Lit fighting.
Still living our Fantasies Proud playgrounder #397
Find our true short stories...Click Here--> https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions

--184 stories done Keep in mind I'm a Pervert, not an Author, and TRUE STORIES are often boring.
Some stories are short and contain two or more little chapters.

Book #1 Living Our Fantasies---------- Book #2 Please Hold My Titties.
Book #3 The Gogenfart Farm------------- Book #4 Ms. Dollie's Random Stories
Book #5 People Watching---------------Book #6 Mr. Joe Whuzzit
Book #7 Ms.Dollie’s Living Fantasies-------Book #8 TENTS, TRAILERS, TITS, CONDOS, AND CUNTS
Book #9 TiTs and TAXIS--------------------Book #10 PUSSY, PECKERS, and PIZZA

Old 05-31-2016, 11:47 AM   #10
LIVINRFANTASIES
In a Cornfield Near You

Location: In Illinois far from Florida man. Any fool can make babies...... It takes love to raise a family
D(.)(.)

Quote:
Me too...I think the entire world of you and think you have the greatest heart and most beautiful warm spirit of all... and one day I will hug you in person...it is my goal...
Dollie------------- Go ahead and hug her. A hug will travel the universe and still be warm when it arrives.
Still living our Fantasies Proud playgrounder #397
Find our true short stories...Click Here--> https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions

--184 stories done Keep in mind I'm a Pervert, not an Author, and TRUE STORIES are often boring.
Some stories are short and contain two or more little chapters.

Book #1 Living Our Fantasies---------- Book #2 Please Hold My Titties.
Book #3 The Gogenfart Farm------------- Book #4 Ms. Dollie's Random Stories
Book #5 People Watching---------------Book #6 Mr. Joe Whuzzit
Book #7 Ms.Dollie’s Living Fantasies-------Book #8 TENTS, TRAILERS, TITS, CONDOS, AND CUNTS
Book #9 TiTs and TAXIS--------------------Book #10 PUSSY, PECKERS, and PIZZA

Old 05-31-2016, 11:50 AM   #11
GiggLeGasm
June Cleaver Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIVINRFANTASIES View Post
patients pull the curtain and focus on their own problems.

We need to open the curtains and learn to share our past lives with younger people while we still have life.
It's interesting that you bring that perspective. I really think that there is a larger gap among ages than I recall in the past. For the past several years, research is showing declining empathy in younger generations. It is at an all time low. For me, this is concerning. My experience has been that empathy is the birthplace for social interaction.
I wonder if it could be improved by bringing older and younger people together.

Old 05-31-2016, 11:56 AM   #12
AbsintheFather
Passing a little time

Quote:

Don't worry BC. I'll just give her all those hugs for you - can I grab her ass on your behalf too?

Old 05-31-2016, 11:58 AM   #13
BlackCashmere
Kindness begets Kindness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsintheFather View Post
Don't worry BC. I'll just give her all those hugs for you - can I grab her ass on your behalf too?

Awwww you...Love you...and ty for being the best delivery boy

Old 05-31-2016, 11:59 AM   #14
yellowrocket
lust filled lover

I was married for 11 years. It was uncomfortable to be in bed together by the end. We tried, but in the end it didn't work.

She busted her tail and graduated college with the kids living with her. Taking them to most of their appointments. She got a great job in the last few years, has the paper(a bachelor's degree to continue to move up and gain responsibility and the corresponding pay. We get along far better now than we did for many parts of our marriage.

I'm more grateful for her now than I was the last few years we lived together.

Kik: yellowrocket69
Always looking to get to know fellow lit users. I keep weird hours drop me a line anytime.

How to find me

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1341376
Playgrounder 413

Old 05-31-2016, 12:01 PM   #15
GiggLeGasm
June Cleaver Wannabe

a couple of things..

BC - Don't give AF permission to grab my ass

Yellow - That's a wonderful thing. I read something once that really stuck with me:

Saying I'm sorry doesn't mean that you're wrong and the other person is right. It means you value your relationship more than your ego."

Old 05-31-2016, 12:05 PM   #16
BlackCashmere
Kindness begets Kindness

Quote:
a couple of things..

Yellow - That's a wonderful thing. I read something once that really stuck with me:

Saying I'm sorry doesn't mean that you're wrong and the other person is right. It means you value your relationship more than your ego."
Ha ha @ AF...He is a man on a mission ...I am innocent...its all on him...

Love your sig line @ IM sorry...love it...

Old 05-31-2016, 12:07 PM   #17
AbsintheFather
Passing a little time

Quote:
a couple of things..

Hahaa, I was just trying to derail things before you hit 10 posts

I like that saying GG. I also use 'I'm Sorry' often as an empathetic means to express sympathy for a situation without trying to offer a suggestion or solution. Which may not be what the person is looking for at that moment

Old 05-31-2016, 12:09 PM   #18
yellowrocket
lust filled lover

Quote:
It's interesting that you bring that perspective. I really think that there is a larger gap among ages than I recall in the past. For the past several years, research is showing declining empathy in younger generations. It is at an all time low. For me, this is concerning. My experience has been that empathy is the birthplace for social interaction.
I wonder if it could be improved by bringing older and younger people together.
Oddly, my boy is the most empathic of the bunch. Just naturally caring about people and is the most expressive of his affection.

One of the girls is truthful to the point of being rude, and doesn't get why that's a bad thing part of the time still. Then she wonders why some girls don't like her. But she's never said anything to them that wasn't true, just not always tactful. So I see it, but I also see kids who want to help everyone they can. Especially those they can see are overtly less fortunate.

So I don't know how much falls on parenting style, school environment, or what other factors.

Always looking to get to know fellow lit users. I keep weird hours drop me a line anytime.

How to find me

Playgrounder 413

Old 05-31-2016, 12:18 PM   #19
GiggLeGasm
June Cleaver Wannabe

Mr Rocket -

I don't think your ex-wife deserves all the credit. I think you need to own the great things you do as well..
and if you can't tell us right now what at least one of those things is, you have one week to go do something totally great and report back

Old 05-31-2016, 12:19 PM   #20
GiggLeGasm
June Cleaver Wannabe

oopsie.. duplicate!

Last edited by GiggLeGasm : 05-31-2016 at 01:10 PM.

Old 05-31-2016, 12:49 PM   #21
yellowrocket
lust filled lover

I'll get back to you.

How to find me

Playgrounder 413

Old 05-31-2016, 01:30 PM   #22
GiggLeGasm
June Cleaver Wannabe

Be kind to yourself
Don't overlook the small things

Old 05-31-2016, 08:07 PM   #23
RacyRedLips
Literotica Guru

Quote:

My grandmother had dementia with auditory hallucinations which became much worse in the months before she passed away. Her roommate, Lucy, was a lovely lady but would often get frustrated and yell at my grandmother and complain to the nurses when those voices became too loud and too much.

One particular morning, I had stopped in to visit my grandmother before work. I was told by the nurse on duty that she had an extremely bad night....and was finally peacefully settled....thanks to a new friend. I assumed she was talking about a voice. Until I got to her room. When I walked in, Lucy was brushing my grandmother's hair and softly telling her that everything was okay, that she was safe and no one was going to hurt her. I was so very touched. So very thankful. I'll never know what really happened that night, the reason why or how they connected, but Lucy's kindness and that tender moment will always mean everything to me.

Anyways, here's my contribution....a favorite of mine.

Francine -- HUMAN

Old 05-31-2016, 08:13 PM   #24
clark_kent
Up Up and Away

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.

Old 05-31-2016, 08:28 PM   #25
GiggLeGasm
June Cleaver Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacyRedLips View Post
My grandmother had dementia with auditory hallucinations which became much worse in the months before she passed away. Her roommate, Lucy, was a lovely lady but would often get frustrated and yell at my grandmother and complain to the nurses when those voices became too loud and too much.

One particular morning, I had stopped in to visit my grandmother before work. I was told by the nurse on duty that she had an extremely bad night....and was finally peacefully settled....thanks to a new friend. I assumed she was talking about a voice. Until I got to her room. When I walked in, Lucy was brushing my grandmother's hair and softly telling her that everything was okay, that she was safe and no one was going to hurt her. I was so very touched. So very thankful. I'll never know what really happened that night, the reason why or how they connected, but Lucy's kindness and that tender moment will always mean everything to me.

Anyways, here's my contribution....a favorite of mine.

Francine -- HUMAN

love love love love love