Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > How To...

Old 09-01-2014, 06:29 PM   #1
radioz66
Experienced

How do I know when?

How do I know when and if my story has been approved for postings >?
Sincerely
Uncle Willie

Old 09-02-2014, 02:04 AM   #2
Hypoxia
doesn't watch television

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioz66 View Post
How do I know when and if my story has been approved for postings >?
Sincerely
Uncle Willie
Go to your Author's Profile page. Click on SUBMISSIONS. You've done that before, in order to submit a story. But instead of SUBMIT, click on VIEW. You'll see all your submissions and their status: Pending or Approved or Rejected. Do NOT click the PENDING link unless you need to make changes and re-submit; doing so moves your submission to the tail end of the approval queue. When a story has been approved, you'll know it by viewing the status -- but it won't be available online for a few hours, maybe as long as a full day.

[EDIT - Freudian slip - I originally wrote that as "as long as a dull day."]

The moral to this story: Be patient. Approval takes a couple days. Availability takes a few more hours. After submitting something, do NOT sit and fret about it. Do something else for a few days -- jog, drink, fuck, read, work, whatever. But do NOT obsess about your story... not until the votes and comments start to arrive. THEN you can worry.

Big Banana (incest-SF) - "you had too much sex with your banana slug. as a writer you SUCK. delete and stop posting until you learn how to write" -Anon
Story of my Fucking Life (LW) - "change you name from Hypoxia to DOA, you died on acid moron. borrow a gun and do the world a favor. I'll give you 5 stars after you commit suicide." -Anon
What Is Cheating? (essay) - "Rumblin', stumblin', bumblin' BARF! I don't think an editor would help this mess. Was there a point? There certainly didn't seem to be a storyline." -Anon

Halloween: Day of the Fucking Dead, Pumpkin & Candy, A Taste of Spirits
Winter Contest: Gift Box, A Taste of Turkey (Dad), (Mom), (more soon)