Rise of the Phoenix

DeathsKnight

Harmless Teddybear
Joined
May 22, 2008
Posts
8,620
This thread is closed for La_Reina


OOC

Name: Sergeant John "Phoenix" Collins
Age: 36
Height: 6'9"
Weight: 280 pounds
Hair: Black
Eyes: Green
Description: Tall, muscular, has various scars all over his body and missing his left little finger. Remains calm in combat and have studies various martial arts while he served in the Marines.

IC


John Collins was doing what he enjoyed most when the bombs fell. He was in the woods, camping and hunting with his trusty compound bow. It was soon after Day Zero that John came out of the woods to find Death riding rough shod over the populace and that Pestilence followed shortly after it. It took John 2 days to get home, by then 60% of the people he found was dead, 10% alive and banding together and the other 30% have turned into foul creatures that seemed like they stepped out of a horror movie, the other survivors called these creatures Contams.

Contams were mutated males, they stood between 5'9" to 6'2", light muscle build, fangs and bloodshot eyes. John learned that they died just like normal people did, they just took a few more hits and he have witnessed that they either killed and ate their victims or if they got hold of a woman and orgy ensued and it only ended when the first Contam came inside of the woman. Their cum seemed to have been turned into an acidic compound and the poor woman usually burned to death as the acid ate away at her body.

John have found himself a place to hole up, he installed tracking sensors linked to M249 Machine Guns, he had a fresh supply of water and the only thing he couldn't keep in abundance was meat. The other survivors produced vegetables and were too eager to trade it for meat, of course he had to fend of marauders and in many cases Contams, but this was the new world and John was adapting to it very fast.
 
Koda had been 19 went the bombs went off. She had a huge family. Her papa, mama, her 3 aunts on her mother's side, 2 uncles and 1 aunt on her father's side, her grandmother and grandfather (her mother's parents), her abuelo (her father's dad), and 5 cousins. They were all holed up in her father's home which was 3 stories and had a basement. For the 17 people who resided there it was comfty. Her papa was of hispanic decent had thought family was number one. Besides Koda liked having all the relatives there. She was never lonely and when things got too hectic you could walk the estate.

Koda's father was a banker and inherited a lot of his money from his mother's death which he invested wisely. They weren't rich per sey, but they did well from the extra income of everyone working. They were able to send Koda to one of the best schools in the country without her having to worry about scholarships or grant money. Koda had just gotten home with the scare of the bomb threats. Everyone was scared. Than it happened.

2 years later and Koda wished for old world back. She watched as her family turned on eachother. She was the only one left after they discovered the other humans who hadn't died from the blast or the radiation poisoning or whatever it was that turned them feral. They were still human not like the zombies Koda thought they would be. Human, deadly, and all male. It had been Koda and her cousin Raiann for awhile. Until the contams, they learned that word later, got to them. Koda learned that you don't have to be fast enough to out run the contams just whoever you were with. Koda didn't mean to leave her cousin behind. When she was captured Koda had went back to rescue her only to see them raping her. Koda would wait for them to finish to get her cousin back. But... it was like their cum killed her, she could see the blood, hear the screams, then the look of death.

Koda awoke with the sun streaming down her face. She stretched her caramel complexion as she got up and made her way to the makeshift bathroom. She had called the cave on the mountain home for a few months now. The cave was hard to get too and unless you knew where to look you missed it. The cave had a waterfall which helped Koda fall asleep (and occasionally to pee). Koda would stand just beside the waterfall and the spray would act as a shower. She would scrub her body clean of any grime. Even though she was naked she had a knife strapped to her inner thigh, a gun was within hand's reach, and she was constantly checking out her home. She wasn't stupid. 2 years of fighting for her life; survival was a hard, mean, but successful teacher for her.

Koda dried her long black hair. The sun had bleached it so there were red streaks entertwined in her mane. Living on fruit and vegetables with the occasional animal she was able to track kept her lean, running for her life kept her legs strong and supple; while stretching and contorting her body to make sure she could get out of everything made her agile and flexible. She only stood at 5'5, but she seemed taller from the long legs.

Koda went over to where she kept her food supply. She was running low on water and food. She wouldn't drink the waterfall water, there's no telling what was in that. She had a water purifier, but she was missing a battery. Double A's. Something she took for granted before was now something she couldn't live her life without. Koda made a list: she'll need to go to the base of the cave to see if she could find any of the vegetables she had planted around inconspicously, and travel about 3 miles east to see if she could gather any fruits from the trees, but first she'll do the dangerous mission first. Head into town and get batteries, and bottled water (if she could find any).
 
John Collins

John went through his armament again just to make sure he had everything that he would need. Boot knife, machete strapped to the lower back, two .50 Desert Eagles with two spare mags each, one P90 SMG with three mags and one PSG-1 Sniper rifle with one spare mag. He knew that he looked like a walking arsenal, but with the Contams becoming more and more aggressive these days he didn't take any chances. Tearing a piece from the dried jerky in his hand, he stuffed the rest into his pocket and pulled on the black fingerless gloves, the only good they did was to help his grip on his weapons, but in this world every little bit helped.

Activating the scanners he watched as the guns tracked him and then stopped as the bioscanners deemed him save as he already programmed his bio signature into the scanners. He headed out, his rubber soled boots hardly making any sound as he decided to head East, last time he went that way he found the makings of clumps of vegetables and a waterfall that attracted a good amount of wildlife. Looking up at the clear sky he softly started to hum "Sweet child of mine", placed his sunglasses on his eyes he started the trek towards, his ears and eyes alert to any type of movement and his finger never moving away from the trigger of the PSG-1. It wasn't his favorite weapon, but the only one he had that didn't make mince meat out of any animal he shot.

After a few hours he came across tracks, from the size he could tell that it was Contams, at least 5 or 6 of them and they were heading in the way he was going, he found this very strange and starting following the tracks, making sure he kept a low profile, if any of that mindless beasts noticed him he would have had to kill them and in the process frighten the wildlife away.
 
Koda was dressed. She wore black combat boots, black tights that were ripped and scratched in a emo way. She was missing half her skirt on her right side only the band of the skirt kept the material in place. Where the material was missing was where her thigh holster was strapped. A combat knife to the front, back, and outside of her leg. Easy access. It was warm for this time of year so she wore a dark green spaghetti strapped shirt that had tears and holes. Strapped to her back was an old samurai-ish sword. She had sharpened it so that both sides of the sword were sharp instead of the standard dull sharp side. She also had an M-16, courtesy of a military friend, a desert eagle, and two more knives, one in each boot. She remembered once someone jooking about them always going out looking like gun fighters. They were attacked and half the party didn't make it home. Now she always went out with more guns and ammos than she would hope to need.

The last thing she did was tuck an empty pack onto her back and made sure she had enough pockets to carry at least one extra ammo cartridge of each gun. The gun was tucked in the boot, but the M16 was in her hands. She screwed a silencer on it: this would reduce the range, but in these woods she didn't want to alert anyone to her home. Sure this was a cheating way to hunt, but life sucked. Besides if a Contam came on her it would be just as useful.

Koda scanned her forest below seeing nothing. She made it to the base of the mountain, covered her one entrance, set a trip wire (it would just alert it if anyone had actually came into her home) and set off going west towards the city. She kept in the shadows to not disturb the animals hoping they'll be there when she got back. Fresh meat! She stopped as almost a sixth sense went off in her mind. She stayed still waiting for that fleeting moment of horror to pass her. Something was wrong, but she couldn't figure out what. Holding her gun up and scanning around her with it, her finger on the trigger, she waited.
 
John Collins

Being as careful and silent as he could John followed the tracks, they were fresh, only two to three minutes old, flipping the safety off the PSG-1 he kept moving forward. The sound of the waterfall came into range and John started to look around him even more, not being able to rely on his hearing anymore as he kept following the tracks. He came across a spot where the group split up and he went down on one knee, frowning. They are using...tactics? What on earth is going on? They used to lay in ambush or just rush their prey, but never before did they show this type of cunning. John felt a bit uncomfortable about this as he didn't know which group to follow. Scanning the area he notice that there was a slight movement in the shadows at the base of the small mountain. Lifting his gun he looked through the telescope and saw a woman, that would be the prey and judging from the angle of the tracks they are going to do a three pronged attack, the sides cutting off her escape and the frontal assault. Just before lowering his rifle he sees movement in the grass and studies it.

Contams, they were closing in on her, but moved almost...cautiously. He settled his sight on the leading Contam and gently squeezed the trigger. The PSG-1 coughed, the internal suppressor dampening the sound and he watch as the Contam's head erupts into a crimson mist. This brought the other Contams up and charging at the woman, calmly chambering another round he sights and fires, another Contam keels over as it's head erupts into blood and gore. John noticed that the woman was firing a weapon, yet there was no sound, must also have a suppresor, smart girl. Chambering another round, John set his sight on a Contam just as it launched itself at the woman, the round takes it high on the ribs and throws it aside.

"Fuck"

Quickly chambering his last round in the magazine, he sights and fires just as the Contam made it to it's feet. It fell backwards, half of it's head splattered behind him. John scanned the area, but found that the woman have killed off the remaining Contams, inhaling and letting out a deep breath.
 
Koda was reassuring herself that she was being crazy to get up and start heading into the city. When she saw blood to her right. A head just exploding? She didn't worry about an explanation as she realized she had been found out. She raised her M-16 and sprayed and prayed. She wasn't the best shot, but she could handle a gun. With her automatic fire she had gotten 3 of them before she looked up to see one right on her. She didn't have enough time to move her gun towards him. Koda stared at the thing still trying to bring her gun around when it was jerked to the side. A bullet. Since that one was down she had to get his 2 friends behind him and then worry about him later. She killed the others and when she turned back to him he was dead.

Koda knew the one helping her had to be human. The contams rarely used weapons. She would say never, but today proved a day for change. Who would have thought they would sneak up on her like that. It was almost like they were getting their brains back. She stood up, the blood splatters on her outfit didn't disturb her. She reloaded her M-16 then went to each of the contams and double checked they were dead. The ones she wasn't sure about she double tapped their foreheads. Better say then sorry. Only thing was her home was compromised and these fuckers smelled.

Koda was sure the man was still here and she turned towards where she thought he was at; from the way his shots hit the contams she was sure he was closer and had a much powerful weapon then she did. "I'm Koda. I won't shoot you unless you attack me." It was an old greeting that the world has develop. You give your name, nickname, something to call and then you state your intentions. It was what has helped civiliation thus far cut through the bullshit and get to the nity gritty of what was up.
 
John Collins

John reloaded his rifle, stashing the empty magazine as he would reload it later on. Using his scope he scanned the the area, it seemed clear and then he heard her voice floating on the slight breeze.

"I'm Koda. I won't shoot you unless you attack me."

He walked closer, staying in clear view as he approached her, his rifle's muzzle down, but his finger still on the trigger. This would not be the first time that a scavenge crew used bait to pull him into their trap.

"I'm Phoenix, I have no need to save you and then kill you"

He eyed their surroundings carefully, while he kept an eye on her. Just then the wind turned and he could smell them. What the fuck? Did they send out a scouting party? Pushing his immediate distrust of the woman aside he turned and lifted his rifle, the scope told him what he needed to know, it was a larger group of at least 26, closing in fast. He quickly swung the rifle onto his back and shrugged the P-90 SMG from it's shoulder strap, he cocked it and moved backwards towards the woman.

"There is more coming, it seems like this was a scouting party"

Standing next to her, he noticed that she had quite a lovely leg, but his attention turned back to the approaching Contams, pulling a suppressor from his belt, he screwed it onto the short muzzle of the SMG.

"Well Koda, now you will have to conserve ammunition, we have 26 Contams heading our way and we can't afford a single mistake."

He didn't wait for her reply, he just raised his weapon to his shoulder and waited as the lumbering forms drew closer
 
(sorry so long. i had an idea and it consumed me)

Koda watched the man. It has been a long time since she seen a man who wasn't salivating, had that crazy look in his eyes, and tearing at her and her clothes. It was weird and she almost wondered if she was in the twilight zone. Damn she missed that show. The remake, not the black and white. She could never get past the black and white. Phoenix was his name and boy was he fucking tall. Much taller than her 5'5 frame. This man had to have her beat by a foot and some. She almost had to crane her neck just to look at him, and there was a lot of him. Hearty, manly, thick, strong. A strange sensation came over her, but she shook it off and excused it due to almost being taken.

Damn, she had to move again.

Suddenly he was looking down his scope towards the city and Koda was automatically reloading her guns. "More? How many more?" Koda had been here for awhile. They must have noticed her, even stalked her for a while to notice her habits. She had gotten comfortable and hadn't grabbed as much ammo or all her weapons like she normally did. She stopped doing that about a week ago. Which meant they had kept down wind and been watching her for at least a month. Fuckers were getting smarter.

Phoenix moved closer and Koda froze. She didn't like him being so close. She knew he wouldn't harm her. Normal men didn't help the crazies. The crazies usually killed them or turned them. So she didn't have to fear him also he had just helped her kill the others, but she couldn't stop herself from freezing in terror at such a large man being so close. She couldn't move or speak. He was basically on top of her and she was going to be killed. She knew better and at the same time she didn't.

Luckily Phoenix took a step forward putting at least 3 feet between them. Probably to get a better shot and that gave Koda the freedom to move and finally speak. "26! I... I..." Koda looked at her home. "Come on. We run and live to fight another day. I cannot take out 26 contams without being overrun and I don't have enough ammo to continue. I think I would have enough to take out 5 maybe 7 more."

Koda didn't wait for Phoenix to follow. She moved the shrubs and the slab of rock to her home and entered the tunnel. She replaced it feeling that freezing start to come over her from being so closse to him. She ran up the steps almost as if he was the contam and into her home. That rock won't hold them for long, so she grabbed her emergency pack. It was littered with food, water, weapons, and ammo. She had more supplies around the home, but didn't have the time to grab anything.

"Out the back. I hope you have enough oil to clean your weapons, because we'll have to swim." Koda threw her guns into the pack, zipped it, and hefted it onto her back. All she had was her knives. Her pack was waterproof. As she ran towards the back of the cave, she grabbed a huge double sided ax. She would hold that and if she needed to would grab the samurai sword from her back. There was already so much on her back she wasn't sure she could get to the sword in time hence her running with the ax in her hands.

There was a black wall and the sound of rushing water. There was a screech as the rock was move. "They made it inside. We technically have to run past them to get to the back of the cave." Koda was still running while talking which probably made it easier for the contams to track them. She made it around the bend and down the hall just as she thought she saw a head coming up the stairs. She wasn't sure what Pheonix would see, but she was getting the fuck out of there.

The sound of water was getting louder and it was apparent it was alot more than the waterfall that made up her living room/bathing room. Koda looked back to see Pheonix and the contams on his ass before there wasn't anymore dirt under her feet. She hit air and was soaring. She flew out, but gravity grabbed her ass and sent her down. "Wheeeeeeee!" She pushed her legs together and slapped her hands at her side just before she hit the water. Even doing that it still hurt like a bitch. They had pretty much jumped from 20, 25 feet and doing a belly flop or having one arm not at your side could end up with a broken arm or death.

Koda swam hoping that Phoenix could swim too, because after that first breath there wasn't any other airholes. She motioned for Phoenix to follow her. She swam and just when she thought she was lost and going to drown she found the first airhole. She pushed up and the water was at your chin. She had to lean her head back to breathe in. She felt Pheonix come up beside her and though she could feel the freezing coming over brushing up against his strong form was also doing something else she couldn't name to her.

"Contams usually can't swim. We can catch our breath." If Pheonix was smart he would have caught that she said usually. She would have said couldn't except the last time she had went for a swim there was a contam swimming towards her. She got out of the water, grabbed her gun and killed him. He wasn't one of these. These were smart; a new breed. She didn't want to stay long... just in case.
 
John Collins

John loathed to run, but she was right, with insufficient ammo, they were sitting ducks. He had a hard time keeping up with her, she ran like a frightened gazelle and John had to run at a crouch to not get scalped by the rocks overhead. He followed her closely and didn't see the edge as he was looking back to see how far behind the Contams were. He barely had enough time to sling the P-90 across his back and tuck in his arms before they hit the water. He noticed that Koda showed for him to follow her and he did so. They surfaced in an air pocket and he looked at her, the water dripping from her face seemed to enhance her beauty.

"Contams usually can't swim. We can catch our breath."

John found this remark strange, but then again he saw them using tactics today, a scouting party and they used flanking maneuvers. Drawing the machete he wiped the water out of his eyes with his other hand.

"I think we will have to get..."

Something strong yanked him back into the water, luckily he was taking a breathe at that moment. Stabbing with the machete the sharp edge severed the fingers from his leg, then the Contam came at him, murder in it's eyes, but John just jammed the machete into it's open mouth and twisted the blade, he could feel the Contam's jaw break and the machete dug into it's neck, cutting right through and severing the spinal cord. John went back up and spat the water out of his mouth, he noticed that Koda looked slightly shocked, but not scared, good he liked a woman who can take care of herself.

"Get us out of here now"
 
Koda still had the axe in her hand when she saw Pheonix get yanked under the water. She tried to peer into the murky blackness, but couldn't see anything, but something dark fighting. She waited poised. If the contam came up she would assume Pheonix died and kill that thing. She took in a breath and felt something brush up against her. She locked her gaze, grew some steel, and sighed when it was Pheonix.

At his command she nodded and sucked in a breath just as she felt something brush her ass. She yelped went down with insuffiecent air and pushed away. She wasn't sure if the contams needed air. She assumed they did to some degree, but you never knew. They were mutated humans. What if... Koda didn't get a chance to finish that thought as something grabbed her and was dry humping her in the water. It was odd, but not odd enough for her to take the axe and slam it, as hard as it was to do in water, into his groin and pull up. His nails raked her neck and her blood mingled with his in the water before dissipating.

Koda felt like she was going to die. Fighting in the water wasn't doing a thing to conserve oxygen. She barely made it to the next air pocket. She took two breaths before pushing back down and swimming again. She didn't make it far before she was surrounded. She had managed to get one of them and was slowly turning in this fucking water to get the second when the third grabbed her from behind. She could feel him licking her neck and she knew he was going to bite down. She struggled, but there was nothing she could do.
 
John Collins

John saw her surrounded, he also noticed that they were going to drown her if he didn't make a plan. He found it weird that they knew of the escape route as it was obvious that she didn't use it much. Using what momentum he could gain he used the machete as an improvised lance and drove into the Contam holding her from behind. The machete ripped it's stomach open and using the bloody water as shield, he grabbed Koda and swam for all he's worth, he noticed that she helped him kick and then pulled upward. They surfaced into an airpocket and took deep breathes before going under the water and swimming further, John knew that the group they left behind would be on their tails and he hoped that they didn't have far to go. He could take on the 4 Contams, but he needed a bit of space and not be underwater.
 
Fighting in water was like fighting in super slow motion with force and gravity pushing against your arm to make punches, stabs, everything not as powerful as it would have been out of the water. Koda hated that. It was frustrating and worse. The contams didn't need to need as much air as Koda and Pheonix did. Luckily they were able to kill the 4 contams that had surrounded her and out swim the others. As she dragged herself out of the water and onto solid ground she figured there were still 20 or so contams after them or more than likely her.

She saw Pheonix rise from the water, but she didn't wait. She wasn't abandoning him. She had led him out of the cave, out of the watery grave tunnels, and now it was every (wo)man for themselves. So she did what any person would do. She ran. Contams usually got easily distracted and no offense, but Pheonix was a great distraction right now. She could make it to safety. She's done it time and again.
 
John Collins

John came out of the water and noticed that Koda was off and running, at least it seemed like she was heading in the direction of his place. He coughed up some water and swore in a low voice, he glanced over his shoulder and saw a Contam's head break the surface. He swung and cleaved the Contam's head in half

"Fucking meat bag"

John sheathed the machete and set off running after Koda, she was fast he had to hand that to her, but his longer strides ate away at her lead. He had to catch her, it was quite a way to go to his place and she wouldn't make it if she burned out all her energy. Finally catching up with her John wrapped his arms around her and yanked her off her feet. He knew it would shock anybody and he could feel her fighting back.

"Hold on Koda it's me John"

She slowly calmed down and he set her down on the ground again. He wasn't angry at her, he understood the fight or flee impulse and she actually had a smart idea there, they didn't have much weapons that worked.

"OK listen, they have better stamina, but is slower, they'll catch up with us if we keep this pace. I have a secured location, there is fresh water, food, weapons and enough space for you as well"

He took a deep breath and looked from where they came from

"You are welcome to join me, but I'm not going to beg you, if we stick together we also have a better chance against the Contams"
 
Koda heard the fighting and the thought thouge rude was a welcomed one, The longer they fight with Phoenix the better chance I have of fleeing. That was until she felt arms wrapped around hers trapping her. She struggled and prepared for the pain as they would use to subdue her. Hearing Phoenix's voice she stopped, but her look of being pissed didn't change. She actually walked up to him and punched him in the shoulder.

"You lied to me. You said your name was Pheonix not John." She punched him again for good measure. Though she had to admit not searching for another safe place then fortifying it did sound appealing. It was an already safe secure location. She heard a howl and jump. She nodded and took off at a jog. Fast enough to stay in front of the Contams and not tire out, but slow enough to conserve energy and keep going at a rate that she could do for an hour or so before needing to stop.

"You and ... who else?" She asked between breathes. She wasn't going to trade getting raped by evil deranged men with getting raped by evil sane men. She would shoot and kill them all first. The only consolidation is that she doesn't die from the inside out from the sane men's sperm, so she could actually get revenge. But revenge would be her's.

She heard a voice and realized her rage was making her pick of speed. She was back to running all out. She nodded her apology and slowed down. She didn't even get his answer and she looked at him again to indicate for him to repeat his answer if he answered her at all. She wanted to know if it would be the two of them or more or what. She also wanted to know how long he's been there? What did he do to make is safe? If he had an escape plan? But those could wait. It was a long run and they had time.
 
John Collins

As they set off on a jog he decided that he should level with her, she did run like a rabbit, but she also had steel in her and that he respected.

"You and...who else?"

He was about to reply when he noticed that she had picked up speed again, he called her name, but softly as to not attract attention. She slowed down enough for him to catch up.

"Just me, I have been living there by my own almost three months after the attack"

He took a deep breath

"I've rigged the whole perimiter with machine guns which is linked to motion detectors and a bio scanner"

He adjusted his P-90

"I'm Sargeant John "Phoenix" Collins, Marines"

He gave a short laugh

"I was on leave and hunting out in the woods...when the shit struck the fan"

He glanced at her and noticed that she was attentive to his words, he truly did like the way her legs moved inside the skirt, but decided to keep his thoughts to himself.

"After raiding a gun shop, I got into a military base and secured amunition and more weapons...I have them stashed all over the area and also booby trapped them"

John looked over his shoulder and noticed that a lone Contam was chasing after them, it had a slight built and it was running on all fours, behind it followed another, slightly bulkier. The rest of the group was too far behind to be seen, he made his decision. Pulling the remote to deactivate his home perimeter, he tossed it towards Koda, who caught it.

"When you see a hill that looks like it's been cut flat, press that button until the LED above it turns red. Don't stop for longer than ten minutes, I'll be right behind you"

She looked puzzled at him and when he stopped she saw the Contams behind them and she understood. John unsheathed his machete and turned to the nearing Contam

"Come on big boy, daddy's got a surprise for you"

With a wicked grin John charged the leading Contam with his machete held high.
 
Koda was relieved. It was just him and he hadn't lived there too long. Hell he answered all her questions without her voicing them. He had all sorts of ammo and even had motion detectors. They could live for a long time only having to go out for food and the contams couldn't bother them. Sure they could try to swarm the security or catch them while they went out, but it was realitvly safe. Safe. A word she had thought back at her home. Escape plan. Oh she needed to ask him about that as well.

She caught the remote wondering what it was as he gave instructions. She stopped running and looked at the contams. They were huge and with their guns wet, probably rusting, he would only be able to use his huge knife. Koda sighed and watched as him and the first contam started dancing.

John or Pheonix or whomever seemed to handle his own, but Koda wasn't some girl to be protected. She could handle her own too. If she was going to accept his charity/home she was going to do it as a partner. Not as some squeamish, scared, little girl. She dropped her back, and her axe and pulled out her sword. She stayed behind John not wanting to get in his way. When the second came it ran past the two fighting and straight at her. Koda knew what she was going to do, she had a plan, she was calm.

It came straight towards her. She sidestepped and brought the knife right into his chest. She wasn't able to slice through, stupid ribs, but she hurt it. She twirled in a circle and brought her sword down sharply hearing the thing's howl of pain. The blood was thrown off her sword to puddle on the ground at her feet.
 
John Collins

John saw the second Contam rush past, he dodged a swipe at his head and brought the machete up and it bit into it's elbow, the razor sharp edge cutting through the muscles, sinew and tendons. The Contam's scream of pain is cut short when John brings the machete into a backhand swipe. How he longed for a proper katana, but the machete did the job for now. The Contam flailed at John with it's remaining arm, but John slipped past the side which he have just now cut the arm off of and pulled back the machete and aimed a chop at the neck. The shock wave it sent up his arm almost jarred the machete from his hand, but it had enough power behind it to sever through the bone, sending the head flying off of the body.

John focused his attention at Koda and saw her drive her sword into the Contam's back, straight through it's heart. John was impressed, he knew that she could handle her own, but he didn't think she'd disobey a direct order. He was glad that she did though, saved him a run and another fight. He now wanted to get home and get a weapon in his hands, he was sure that the weapons he had set up would take out anything but a tank and even then he didn't think any godamn Contam would be driving a tank. He walked closer to Koda and rested a hand on her shoulder

"Damn girl, you dance beautifully, seems like next time I can sit back with a Mojito and watch you cut them up"

He used humor to relieve the tension and maybe get her to trust him a little bit more.

"You keep the remote, let's keep moving, I don't think the other would be too far behind"
 
The contam laid dead at her feet. Her sword dripped it's blood. Her chest rose and fell from the fight. She wasn't out of breath or tired, but the concentration to strike, dodge, side step would make anyone breathe a little faster; deeper. The two contams were dead and never been a soldier she didn't realize that Pheonix had given her an order. She probably would have told him where he could shove that order once she realized he had.

She jumped slightly at his touch and his close proximity. She could feel the fear still trying to creep into her mind and take over her, but she pushed it down. He saved her life. He was helping her. He was friend. "Thanks. You're not so bad yourself." She tried to smile, but it trembled and she took a huge step back from him. She could breathe now.

"You're right. Let's go." She began that jog only to hear a howl, a growl, and more sounds of running. She glanced back and this time there was a pack. Only 5 and behind them maybe another 6 and behind them ... the rest. "They won't catch up to us, but they'll know where your place is if we just run there."

Koda wasn't sure what Pheonix wanted to do. Lead them to his home or try to kill them in pack. It was a crazy idea, but these were crazy times. Koda glanced at him not loosing a footing as she jumped over a small shrub and kept going.
 
John Collins

John noticed that she only calmed down when she stepped back. 'Too much issues with that one Johnny boy, rather not get involved there', he looked back when she did and they set off, he glanced over his back as she did and he started to think, almost not hearing her statement. It made sense, he could not lead them to his place, the downtime and warm up time of the system would be too long, they will get over run.

"Follow me"

Cutting their direction with a few degrees to their left he headed towards one of his first cache of weapons.

"We're heading for that small collection of rocks...there is weapons there...mostly M-4 carbines with ammunition...but I think it will work for now"

He decided to himself that she didn't need to trust him, if she wanted to stick to herself, she could do just that. He had the tools and the knowledge to kill these fuckers and survive them. He have heard that it seemed that the agent that have created the Contams died out, if he could outlive them the threat would pass. He looked up to see them drawing closer to the rocks, a glance over his shoulder showed that they have actually made ground on the pack of Contams. Coming to the rocks, he scrambled up to half way, using all his strength he muscled a rock away from the others and pulled an Army issue crate out of the hole, he flipped it open and pulled out a M-4, worked the action and jammed a full magazine into the carbine. After cocking the weapon he checks where Koda is, he finds that she is struggling to get around one of the rocks that he climbed up, he should have thought about the fact that his height gave him an advantage. When she looked up at him, he offered her his hand to help her up, he looked at the rapidly approaching Contams and then back at her. Decision time.
 
Koda nodded. She followed him to some jagged rocks and watched him climb up like he was born to do thus. Koda had to swing her pack behind her and sheath her sword to even get as far as she did. She managed to put the ax at Pheonix's feet, but she couldn't scramble up. She just couldn't find purchase for her feet. She was going to get dragged down. Panic was creeping in. She heard Pheonix check his gun and she would have cried for help if she wasn't trying to crawl up the fucking ledge.

She glanced up to see his hand held out towards her. She glanced back at the Contams as she placed her hand in his. She didn't hesitate though she realized this ledge wasn't as big as she thought. She picked up an M-4 and slammed a magazine in. She cocked it took aim and pulled the trigger. The kick back was intense almost as much as her M-16. She steadied herself placed the butt of the gun in her shoulder and shot again. This time she hit a contam in the chest and he went down.

"Thank you," she managed to say between shots. She wasn't an ace shot, but she was pretty accurate. Though even with them both shooting the contams made it to the ledge and were trying to climb up. Koda was shooting down, but they used the pile of bodies as a ladder even crushing some of the ones that were down, but not out.

"They really want your guns," she mumbled an attempt at a lame joke. She pulled the trick and heard the distinct sound of click. Usually she counted her shots, but wasn't sure how many rounds were in an M-4 mag. She was reloading her gun when a contam grabbed it and pulled. She started to go down, but felt Phoenix behind her pull her up. She managed to hold onto the gun and stand up. On the small ledge he was directly behind her, very intimate, she could feel him at the base of her back.

"Don't let me fall." Koda reached down, her bum going into his groin, dropped the M4, picked up the axe and swung it, her stance opening wide as arms, and heads were chopped off. Koda counted as she dropped down to finish the rest. "We're still missing 12 of the original 26." She walked up to a contam that was missing his right wrist and partially half of his left fingers. She twirled and slam the axe into his belly and pulled up. His blood flew everywhere and yet even in dying throes he kept trying to grab her.

"No means no asshole."

She twisted the axe and jerked it free as his entrails came flying out. She turned to face the last few.
 
John Collins

John pulled her up and watched as she got a M4, loaded and cocked it. He caught her thanks between their shooting, but didn't reply, he just focused on shooting.

"They really want your guns"

John just had to smile at the remark, it was good to see that she at least had a sense of humor. It was the sound of a hammer falling on an empty chamber that made him look up at her, she was busy reloading when the Contam came over and grabbed the closest thing it could get it's hands on, which happened to be Koda's weapon, he saw Koda going towards the edge and he stepped up behind her and grabbed her around her waist, pulling her back, she managed to hold on to her weapon and John just calmly plugged the Contam between the eyes as it came back up.

"Don't let me fall."

She bent down and her bum pressed against his groin and even in their situation he enjoyed the feeling. He was still firing when she started swinging the axe and he had to stop shooting to make sure she didn't go over the edge

"We're still missing 12 of the original 26."

He watched her drop down and kill off the rest of the wounded Contams, he watched her body move and had to admit that he loved watching her in action. He reloaded his M-4 and made sure that the one she used was loaded as well.

"Judging from the basic tactics they used with their scouting party we may have 6 closing in from the sides"

He took two extra magazines and shoved the crate back into the hole, before covering it again. He picked up her gun and when she looked up again he tossed it to her along with the spare magazine. He clambered down and stood facing her

"I reloaded your gun, so it's ready to go. I think that between us two the 12 would not be a problem"

He motioned towards his home in the distance

"That is where we're heading, right now I can't wait to get warm food and have a warm shower"

He noticed her puzzled look and winked at her

"Solar power, you got to love it. Let's get going, maybe we can evade those pale bastards and get under cover"

John set off at a fast jog
 
Koda looked at Pheonix nodding her head. "When did they learn tatics?" She caught her rifle and was about to reload it when he told her he already done so. She nodded her thanks, picked up her pack, and was ready to go. "They used to be mindless, stupid, easy. Now it's like they remembered they have brains. I don't like it."

Koda followed where he pointed and she started to walk in that direction. When he picked up the pace she followed. Warm water. No more cold showers. Oh the luxuries Koda couldn't believe it and the warm food no more eating it cold or near raw. No more having to do smokeless fires, which she never perfected.

She was lost in the thought of how grand life would be. Almost like her old life when she was lifted off her feet and landed hard on her back. Something heavy landing right on top of her. A contam peered down at her and was screaming in her face. "Get. Off." Koda managed to get her gun up just between her and contam. "Of. ME!" She pulled the trigger and half his face was shot off. He fell to the side dying and Koda came up to see Pheonix shooting and a contam coming right at his back. She reached to her thigh, grabbed her knife, and threw it, right as Pheonix stared into her eyes. The knife breezed past him and hit the contam in the head.

She turned seeing Pheonix's eyes widen and he trying to raise his gun in time. She ducked and turned, falling onto her back as she pushed backwards. She skidded while firing hearing two gunshots though she pulled the trigger once. Her and Pheonix's bullet hit the contam and he flew off his feet.

She turned hearing an angry growl. It was the contam she had thrown the knife at. He pulled the knife out of his head and ran off. He turned back at stared at them. His stance promising death before he ran back. "Now that. Was fucking weird."

((sorry to godmode. if i'm doing it too much let me know and i'll stop))
 
John Collins

"Now that. Was fucking weird"

John have picked up her knife and handed it back to her

"You can say that again, the others is bound to have heard the shooting, let's get going"

They set off again and when they got to his perimeter, he motioned for her to press the button. Contam bodies laid strewn all around, he checked them and found that they were riddled with bullets. He motioned Koda forward and they moved cautiously forward, after having checked out his place and making sure that it was still secure, John reactivated the security system and checked that every gun still had enough ammunition. He came back to where Koda was standing and gave her a friendly smile before indicating everything around them

"Mi casa es su casa, make yourself at home, the shower is over there and I'll start on the food, I don't know about you, but I'm starving"

John turned to his little kitchen setup and started getting out the makings for a meal, after having everything set up and cooking, he sat down and started to field strip his weapos, he had others, but it was drilled into him to look after every weapon you have, because when you need them, they must be working. He heard the shower going and wondered how Koda looked naked under the falling water of the shower, firmly he shoved the thought away and checked on the food, before finishing cleaning and oiling his weapons. Suddenly the machine guns on the outer perimeter started to fire and then died down, John went to the entrance and scanned the outside with his binoculars. It was the remaining Contams, but John could not see the one that Koda winged with her knife. John had to disagree with Koda, if Contams were busy becoming smart, they wouldn't use basic attack formations. It was like they were being trained, but who would be able to teach a Contam anything?

John went back in to switch off the finished food, he heard a movement behind him. In one fluid movement he turned, palming the .50 Desert Eagle he carried, his finger squeezing the trigger, but stopping as he pulled a bead on Koda, her hair still damp from the shower. He imediately lowered his pistol and holstered it, giving her an apolagetic smile

"Sorry, I'm just so used to being alone, that the slightest sound means enemy. Don't worry I'm sure I'll adjust quickly. You look squeaky clean, the food is ready, help yourself"
 
They got to Pheonix's place and the yard looked like a Contam graveyard. "Awww, you decorated. For me?" She was cracking another joke as they worked through the dead. The remote was her friend and everytime she looked at a dead body she would look at the guns and then at the remote. She didn't want those things going off again. She would be a part of the contam dead society stretched on Pheonix's yard.

After the all clear she was told she could use the shower first. Her eyes lit up and she practically ran to the small room with the shower. She put her pack on the ground and placed her samurai sword on the counter. If the door opened it would push her sword back. She made a small mark to make sure she didn't miss it if it moved and turned on the water. Within moments it was hot and she was in heavy. She stayed a little longer than usual, letting the warm water caress her body. She arched her back, her face tilted to the skies, just standing there. She would have stayed if she hadn't smelled food. Turning off the water and finding a lone towel she dried off.

She hadn't noticed her sword move and when she checked the counter it hadn't. Pheonix was a trustworthy guy. She was sure he hadn't been with a woman in a long time her sex being scarce or endangered. Yet, he didn't try anything. That had to mean something, right? Grabbing her gear she returned to the dining hall and put her weapons down quietly. Pheonix was staring at something and she wanted to know what. As quietly as she could she walked up to the window or least she'll attrack attention of what she presumed Contams skulking outside their base.

Suddenly Pheonix turned with a gun in her face and she had no weapon. She saw his finger twitch and she gulped. The gun didn't go off and he immediately apologized. Koda nodded, but that scared her like nothing did today. She had no weapon and almost died. She trusted this man too quickly. She would not make that same mistake twice. She hurried to her things, sat down, and began unloading her weapons, oiling them and checking for rust.
 
John Collins

John was mentally kicking himself

'Fucking idiot! You should have remembered! The system has never failed ever since you installed it, why would a Contam be in your place AFTER you made certain it's clear'

John was busy cleaning his .50 M1A42 Sniper rifle and cursing himself under his breath. She looked so calm and relaxed when she came out of the shower and look at her now, all tense and suspicious again. If he was that type of guy he would have been beating himself literally, but he wasn't that type of guy. John assembled the gun, made sure that everything was in perfect working order and then got up and placed the cleaning kit next to Koda while she was inspecting her guns, he noticed that M-4 stood apart from her gear.

"You can keep the M-4 if you want it, it uses the same ammo as the M-16. I'll go grab a quick shower"

John walked to the shower room and closed the door, being used to the warm water his shower took a few minutes. He wraped a towel around his waist and headed for his sleeping quarters, he slipped into pants, socks and boots and decided to enjoy the cooler air as the sun was setting. He stashed his dirty clothes and picked up a spare camping matress. He went back to where Koda was seated and pulled on a cord which activated a series of LED lights, bright enough to operate by, but not too bright to be a beacon. He went over to the stove and noticed that Koda haven't eaten yet, well he wasn't going to force her either. He picked up one of the plates, ladled the food into his plate and sat down in his normal chair and started to eat. The breeze that played over his naked torso felt good after the long day and he brushed a hand through his hair, before going back to eat. He knew that he had to say something, she did save his hide with that knife she threw into the Contam, but he had no idea how to start a conversation with her at all.
 
Back
Top