Old 02-12-2011, 07:53 PM   #2501
dragonrazor
Boobies...BOOBIES....

Location: I don't want to get in your pants. I just want to steal them and run off with them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahren View Post
Nope.
Everyone whose opinion matters on the matter << >>

"So...all I am to you is...a blanket?" "Shhh, blankets don't bitch dear"--My warped, twisted mind.
If I can't drive you crazy, then Cthulu's got no chance.
Dragon's Dragony Ideas.
Pegasus' Wings
Guardian's Keep
"I pledge allegience...to a lantern...that I got from a dying purple alien"
So...how about them (insert sports team here)
"I don't know. There wasn't enough money in the budget for an ending either."
Heh. Well, keep in mind no one can truly know what the future holds. But I will one day prove that our future lies out there in space...flying giant robots and meeting hot alien babes....er << >>

Old 02-12-2011, 08:03 PM   #2502
Ahren
I am the one who knocks.

Yes, only the people who agree with you are the ones that matter. Good luck in the real world. If you ever get there.

Old 02-12-2011, 08:04 PM   #2503
dragonrazor
Boobies...BOOBIES....

Location: I don't want to get in your pants. I just want to steal them and run off with them.
Quote:
Yes, only the people who agree with you are the ones that matter. Good luck in the real world. If you ever get there.
Taking a cue from LI's delusions I see.

"So...all I am to you is...a blanket?" "Shhh, blankets don't bitch dear"--My warped, twisted mind.
Dragon's Dragony Ideas.
Pegasus' Wings
Guardian's Keep
Heh. Well, keep in mind no one can truly know what the future holds. But I will one day prove that our future lies out there in space...flying giant robots and meeting hot alien babes....er << >>

Old 02-12-2011, 08:05 PM   #2504
fr33ks33k
Mr. Dark and Brooding

Location: In the span between heartbeats...the eye of the needle...the second before sunrise...
"Can't we all just get along?......fat fucking chance of that!"

*sigh*

Something's gotta give...and if it's not my spine it will surely be my spirit. I only pray the splinters will shatter in such a way that every passerby takes a second to revel in my wreckage....

In the space between the sands of time and making sense he scribbles thoughts half-made and half-mad. He has written all his mind away and been left half-alive and mostly dead. His spark is the maker's forge, burning bright and hot. His soul is the flame that guides lost travelers on their wayward paths. In his thoughts he is whole, he is home, he is free. If only this poor poet's mental world were true reality...

Old 02-12-2011, 08:07 PM   #2505
dragonrazor
Boobies...BOOBIES....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr33ks33k View Post
"Can't we all just get along?......fat fucking chance of that!"

*sigh*
Didn't you hear? Intarnetz serious biznazz.

Dragon's Dragony Ideas.
Pegasus' Wings
Guardian's Keep

Old 02-12-2011, 08:08 PM   #2506
Ahren
I am the one who knocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonrazor View Post
Taking a cue from LI's delusions I see.
No, I came to the conclusion that you were a child entirely on my own.

Old 02-12-2011, 08:11 PM   #2507
dragonrazor
Boobies...BOOBIES....

Quote:
No, I came to the conclusion that you were a child entirely on my own.
You two seem to be about the only ones who think that. Pray tell thee, what dost that speak of thee?

Dragon's Dragony Ideas.
Pegasus' Wings
Guardian's Keep

Old 02-12-2011, 08:15 PM   #2508
Noon_Shadow
Corrupting Influence

Some people seem to go out of their way to argue. The internet is marvelous. Shrugs

There is absolutely nothing new beneath the sun.

Old 02-12-2011, 08:16 PM   #2509
Ahren
I am the one who knocks.

Quote:
You two seem to be about the only ones who think that. Pray tell thee, what dost that speak of thee?
Possession of common sense.

Old 02-12-2011, 08:17 PM   #2510
dragonrazor
Boobies...BOOBIES....

Quote:
Possession of common sense.
If you say so. Though pretty much everyone agrees that there's no sense to go with your commonality.

Dragon's Dragony Ideas.
Pegasus' Wings
Guardian's Keep

Old 02-12-2011, 08:26 PM   #2511
Ahren
I am the one who knocks.

Hm, you're right. Sorry. I forgot you were the chosen to speak for everyone. Please, continue to talk about video games and anime. People are always so fascinated when you do.

Old 02-12-2011, 08:30 PM   #2512
dragonrazor
Boobies...BOOBIES....

Quote:
Hm, you're right. Sorry. I forgot you were the chosen to speak for everyone. Please, continue to talk about video games and anime. People are always so fascinated when you do.
I'm simply saying that you've been saying things that only you and LI seem to believe lately. Methinks you've been brainwashed. Of course, it's not like anyone actually cares. That, also, is a point that should be brought up. See, if we all treated the internet like it was as serious as you and LI want us to believe it is, well, the same sort of people who are trying to get the video game industry banned would be in charge of the country (and possibly the world). So I guess what I'm saying is...Quit bitching about what you THINK you know about me. If you don't like me, then you don't have to read what I say. Words cannot express the DUH inherent in that concept.

Dragon's Dragony Ideas.
Pegasus' Wings
Guardian's Keep

Old 02-12-2011, 10:40 PM   #2513
Noon_Shadow
Corrupting Influence

Seems like most people have better places to be on a Saturday night than here.

There is absolutely nothing new beneath the sun.

Old 02-12-2011, 11:28 PM   #2514
zydrate
Mean Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noon_Shadow View Post
Seems like most people have better places to be on a Saturday night than here.
hugs I'm here

Old 02-12-2011, 11:33 PM   #2515
dragonrazor
Boobies...BOOBIES....

Mmmm, classic Storm looks much better than Movie storm.

Dragon's Dragony Ideas.
Pegasus' Wings
Guardian's Keep

Old 02-13-2011, 04:23 AM   #2516
Britwitch
'Tis the season of giving

Quote:
Everyone agrees with Grant on this matter.
Honestly, the last thing I thought was... "NO, I don't and I don't want to be 'lumped in' with those that do as this is a topic that touches a nerve with me but if I say this I'm going to get a mouthful from those that do agree with him. I must be monster for having my own opinion."

You all accuse LI and Ahren of bullying but there is more than an element of mob mentality to those of you that jump on everything they say because it's not what you personally think.
They shouldn't judge, fine, neither should you.

Sticking up for friends is great, if someone attacks someone you like for no good reason then by all means, go at it. But just because someone makes a comment that, personally, they don't agree with your 'friend'...this is not an attack. It's a statement of opinion. Nothing more. Answering back on the defensive is what turns passing comments into fights like these.

And...statements like these...

Quote:
Everyone whose opinion matters on the matter << >>
...what impression do you think that gives off...? Do you not think it smacks a little of we're right, you're wrong. Oh yes, very mature given that's what you accuse LI and Ahren of doing on a regular basis. By this theory, am I to take it that my opinion doesn't matter? It might not matter to you, but it matters to me. And people who harp on about there being 'people behind the personas' should remember this.

Personally, I don't agree with Grant's sentiments. While I don't agree completely with what LI has posted, there are elements I have to agree with. Yes, online relationships can and do lead to real life commitments and friendships that last a life time. Heck, I'm attending a friend's wedding in the summer and, yep, they met online. But then they met offline. I'll say that again. They met offline.

I personally believe and will maintain that you can't love someone until you meet them, spend time with them, face the highs and lows with them in real life.
Yes I have friends here and in other online places that I care about, a lot about, who I don't like to see low, who I would try to help if I thought I could. I think lots of people do and that's awesome.

But...romantic online relationships that are just that, interactions online (and with that I include relationships that are conducted via the phone, via messenger and via email without meeting in real life) might make you feel good, being able to be lovey dovey when it suits, to have someone give you a compliment whenever you want one will probably make you feel very special, but, to me...they're not real...

And I think they are kidding themselves if they think differently. My husband and I face the good times and bad, we have arguments and disappointments to go with all the good stuff. In my eyes people that have online relationships can avoid all that.

Now I know, you're going to tell me I can't judge other people by my standards and I'm not. I haven't named names. I'm just giving my opinion.

Read it or not, agree with it or not, that's your choice but I am entitled to give it.

And now, the last thing I thought was..."Jesus I've typed a lot...breakfast is needed, and it's needed now!"

Old 02-13-2011, 04:43 AM   #2517
SoulWeaver
Woot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britwitch View Post
Now I know, you're going to tell me I can't judge other people by my standards and I'm not. I haven't named names. I'm just giving my opinion.

Read it or not, agree with it or not, that's your choice but I am entitled to give it.

And now, the last thing I thought was..."Jesus I've typed a lot...breakfast is needed, and it's needed now!"
The real issue getting people excited here isn't even about the discussion topic. Dunno how many "regulars" there are in the lounge but I'd expect almost as many different opinions as there are people, that's human nature. This though, is just one of many occasions where an opinion doesn't have to be delivered in the manner it was. If it was done a little differently then that would be all it was, or ever is, just someone else's opinion. Interesting, maybe, or not depending of your own take on the point being made.

Old 02-13-2011, 07:49 AM   #2518
PenIsMightier1
Dripping with Sin

*sing song voice* Going to play my new game today..

With a whack-fiddle-do-diddly-iddly-ay, and so on

The pen is mightier than the sword, but they are equally phallic shaped.

The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword has a longer reach.

The Pen is mightier than the sword, but a gun stuffs them both

Old 02-13-2011, 07:57 AM   #2519
Vail_Indigo
Unsafe at any speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenIsMightier1 View Post
*sing song voice* Going to play my new game today..

With a whack-fiddle-do-diddly-iddly-ay, and so on
What game???

Kissing isn't prelude.

You are my liar, so I will be your thief

Language Of Angels 2

Earth 3

A couple solo threads:
Rebecca Garrote, P.I.: For hire. Mysteries, the lost, the missing, facilitation and all manners of unique services.
Everything Is Personal: Tales From Intersect City
The Unders: Darkness beneath Intersect City

All My SRP Information (Current and older SRPs, Notebook/Braindump, SRP Profile)
My SRP Profile

The Vortex Of Silk And Teeth

Old 02-13-2011, 08:50 AM   #2520
dragonrazor
Boobies...BOOBIES....

Quote:
Honestly, the last thing I thought was... "NO, I don't and I don't want to be 'lumped in' with those that do as this is a topic that touches a nerve with me but if I say this I'm going to get a mouthful from those that do agree with him. I must be monster for having my own opinion."

You all accuse LI and Ahren of bullying but there is more than an element of mob mentality to those of you that jump on everything they say because it's not what you personally think.
They shouldn't judge, fine, neither should you.

Sticking up for friends is great, if someone attacks someone you like for no good reason then by all means, go at it. But just because someone makes a comment that, personally, they don't agree with your 'friend'...this is not an attack. It's a statement of opinion. Nothing more. Answering back on the defensive is what turns passing comments into fights like these.

And...statements like these...

...what impression do you think that gives off...? Do you not think it smacks a little of we're right, you're wrong. Oh yes, very mature given that's what you accuse LI and Ahren of doing on a regular basis. By this theory, am I to take it that my opinion doesn't matter? It might not matter to you, but it matters to me. And people who harp on about there being 'people behind the personas' should remember this.

Personally, I don't agree with Grant's sentiments. While I don't agree completely with what LI has posted, there are elements I have to agree with. Yes, online relationships can and do lead to real life commitments and friendships that last a life time. Heck, I'm attending a friend's wedding in the summer and, yep, they met online. But then they met offline. I'll say that again. They met offline.

I personally believe and will maintain that you can't love someone until you meet them, spend time with them, face the highs and lows with them in real life.
Yes I have friends here and in other online places that I care about, a lot about, who I don't like to see low, who I would try to help if I thought I could. I think lots of people do and that's awesome.

But...romantic online relationships that are just that, interactions online (and with that I include relationships that are conducted via the phone, via messenger and via email without meeting in real life) might make you feel good, being able to be lovey dovey when it suits, to have someone give you a compliment whenever you want one will probably make you feel very special, but, to me...they're not real...

And I think they are kidding themselves if they think differently. My husband and I face the good times and bad, we have arguments and disappointments to go with all the good stuff. In my eyes people that have online relationships can avoid all that.

Yes, yes you did type a lot.

Dragon's Dragony Ideas.
Pegasus' Wings
Guardian's Keep

Old 02-13-2011, 09:18 AM   #2521
monique_minx
Passionate Disgrace...

Curiosity got me with Brit's post and I HAD to go read the last few pages and catch up on whatever she was talking about!

God, I wish I hadn't >.>

I'm not giving my opinion, I'm letting this constant argument die in the fucking ass like it should and as for you...

*Glares at LI*

...go fuck your girlfriend and stop scratching an old rash!

Happy Valentines Day Loungers, I love you ALL!

*Winks at LI, runs off giggling*

The Minx is BACK!!!.

James' beloved little bitch!

The Minx. Naughty nurse model for Special Ops photography shoot.

Mother of Twins, part time University student, CEO of her own cleaning company, submissive to Jayx = Very busy Minx!

PM me if you need/want to!

Minx's Current Threads and Ideas

Feel free to post any comments in my threads and ideas thread, I always welcome any feedback!

My Sex Map

Old 02-13-2011, 09:20 AM   #2522
Ahren
I am the one who knocks.

Good response, dragon. Did she use too many words for you?

Old 02-13-2011, 09:29 AM   #2523
grant_s

Quote:
Nope.
Quote:
Honestly, the last thing I thought was... "NO, I don't and I don't want to be 'lumped in' with those that do as this is a topic that touches a nerve with me but if I say this I'm going to get a mouthful from those that do agree with him.
(sorry, had to edit most of what you wrote, otherwise it would have been too long)

Personally I am glad not every one agrees with me, it would worry me if everyone did, however, Brit, I don't believe anyone has sad "Hey, lets get married" without ever meeting the other in RL.

Ahren, I have no problem if he says he doesn't agree with me, nor do I if you say that or anyone else, but, I do have a problem with LI calling people retards and liars.

Would you agree that a friendship is a relationship? I don't believe you are giving enough credit to the people on here, who I believe are intelligent enough to know the difference, between the real world and online.

Now this is in no way an attack on you or what you said, because everyone is entitled to their own opinion, my previous post that was directed at what LI was saying, because if he doesn't like the valentines threads, then why the hell read it, its simple, however he preferred to tell us we are retards and liars, and those in married lives he goes to question their partners value in the RW, well, quiet frankly, thats none of his business, and he has no right to question it either

If he feels the valentines threads are juvenile, just don't click on them, they are all labelled.

Last edited by grant_s : 02-13-2011 at 09:31 AM.

Old 02-13-2011, 09:32 AM   #2524
dragonrazor
Boobies...BOOBIES....

Quote:
Good response, dragon. Did she use too many words for you?
No, it just goes back to the most important point of the internet. It's the internet. No one's opinion matters, not even one's own. That's something you and LI still seem to need to learn.

Dragon's Dragony Ideas.
Pegasus' Wings
Guardian's Keep

Old 02-13-2011, 09:32 AM   #2525
Light Ice
A Real Bastard

I stand behind it. Of course, if people are going to justify lying to their real spouses for the sake of their E-spouses, I'd like to throw scumbag into the mix, too.

Closed Thread