It's summertime! The weather's hot, so the stories in this Summer Lovin' Erotic Story Contest are bound to be even hotter!
This is only the second year we've run the Summer Lovin' contest. Its theme and title were chosen by Literotica authors, and its debut last year was a big success. We think this year the competition will be fierce. Be sure to submit your stories early!
If you'd like to participate in this contest, please read this entire post. If you don't read the whole thing, you may miss out on important rules and your story may not be eligible for the contest!
You can begin submitting on (or a little before): August 24
The last day day to submit is: September 9
Winners will be announced on: September 16
This contest will coexist with the usual monthly contest. Stories may only win one or the other, not both contests simultaneously. The prizes for the top 3 stories will be the same as those awarded in the monthly contests:
First Place: $150 Cash Prize
Second Place: $100 Cash Prize
Third Place: $75 Cash Prize
You can discuss this special contest at Ogg's Special Contest Support Thread(TM)
for the monthly contests are in place. The only exceptions to the rules are:
- All submissions must be stand-alone stories created for this contest theme. We will not accept individual chapters of a larger work submitted separately. If you have a multi-chaptered contest-themed submission, please submit all chapters together as one story submission.
- We will allow authors who have won in our monthly contests within the last 6 months to win in this special contest. However, if you have won a prize in another theme contest within the last 6 months, you are not eligible to win in this one.
- A story has only to accrue 25 votes to be eligible, rather than the 50 required for the monthly contest.
The following guidelines also apply:
- All contest stories must be submitted via our online form. If you are a WebTV user or have difficulty with the form, follow the instructions here.
- Author must copy and paste the phrase "SUMMER LOVIN' STORY CONTEST 2010" in the "Notes" field of the submission. Please do not forget to put this EXACT phrase IN THE NOTES FIELD - NOT the description field or anywhere else. If it is not in the NOTES field, we cannot easily find your story and it may not be approved in a timely manner to be entered into the contest!!
- Story must have a summertime theme: warm weather, vacations, summer activities, etc. Be creative! Please don't just submit a normal story, throwing in a barbecue or a bikini. That would not be in the spirit of the contest, and readers & voters would probably punish you for your trickiness.
Any story that meets the above criteria will be automatically entered into the contest. Winners will be decided by reader input (aka votes). The prizes for the top 3 stories will be the same as those awarded in the monthly contests.
: Once your story is submitted, it may take over 72 hours for it to be posted. We strongly
suggest that you do not wait till the last day of the contest to submit your story. The sooner you submit, the better chance your story has of accruing the votes necessary to be eligible.
The full 2010 Special Contest schedule can be found here
Good luck, and have fun!