• Pen.jpg
    Pen.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 812
  • Harley-'Pen'-Challenge.jpg
    Harley-'Pen'-Challenge.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 810
Last edited:
Hi Austin!

So glad to see you have an art thread here.

I like both of these pieces.

Are you going to put up your steampunk beetle?

Hi Austin!

So glad to see you have an art thread here.

I like both of these pieces.

Are you going to put up your steampunk beetle?

Hey Kiki,

Thanx, yeah, I was originally gonna make a separate 'steampunk' thread but I think I'll just do this one.

Gettin' the Plowin' Done!!

attachment.php

Back story:

This Illustration came about as a 'gag' between me, and a very 'special' friend.
It's also my first attempt at doing an illustration entirely with india ink and a brush.

Attachments

• Plowin'-Lit.jpg
    Plowin'-Lit.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,021

attachment.php

Back story:

This Illustration came about as a 'gag' between me, and a very 'special' friend.
It's also my first attempt at doing an illustration entirely with india ink and a brush.

:D
This one is great! You know you are from Texas when....

i look forward to seeing more of your work Austin!

attachment.php

Back story:

ALRIGHT!
AND you got the "Pen" images LARGE now that you have a scanner!

ha... I have a "plowing" image too! great minds. :D

ALRIGHT!
AND you got the "Pen" images LARGE now that you have a scanner!

ha... I have a "plowing" image too! great minds. :D

Hey T,

Actually the re-sizing was due to some awesome instructions from a fellow artist! ;)

I had to go back and re-size the originals.

I like this plowing theme! I also enjoy piggy back rides! :D

Hey T,

Actually the re-sizing was due to some awesome instructions from a fellow artist! ;)

I had to go back and re-size the originals.

I like this plowing theme! I also enjoy piggy back rides! :D

Heh heh. I'll update the challenge with the larger ones (done)...so people can see them there as well!.

I also posted my "field of Dreams" along with yours and link to your thread...on mine.

Last edited:
Heh heh. I'll update the challenge with the larger ones (done)...so people can see them there as well!.

I also posted my "field of Dreams" along with yours and link to your thread...on mine.

Very Cool, Thanx T

Much like the erotic illustration challenges... I think it is cool to see a variety of interpretations of the same theme or concept.

If the challenge were: "draw a man fucking a woman from behind as he plows the field with her." You would get as many varied versions as respondents.

Piggy Back Rides! I love um!

attachment.php

Attachments

• Giddy-Up!-Lit.jpg
    Giddy-Up!-Lit.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 797
Nov. 17 09

Ive been a huge fan of several underground illustrators for a long time Crumb and Harvey Krutzman to name two. We do share a fondness for piggy back rides, however my woman refuses to give them... Hahaha! With that said, through increased work I hope to find my own style. (Never actually had one.)

But with a new found interest in the brush and ink, I feel one coming on.
Thanx T. you have a 'style' as does kiki, and others whoz art is on display here. I think by developing one specific central character it may help, in this case that would be me... I hope everyone will enjoy stopping by and checking out my stuff. Perhaps it will develop over time. Alas, only time will tell... I think I spend to much time drawing coloring sheets for the kids...

Austin

Last edited:
Nice work, Austin...very nice in the classical vein. R. Crumb is there, too, but more in atmosphere than direct style. Keep up with the pen-and-ink; it's my favourite medium for drawing and for looking at (just can't get the old academic out of me...).

After Th' Plowin'

attachment.php

Back Story.

A friend haz ask me to draw a cute A/V for them...
may be to Cracker Barrel :rolleyes:

Attachments

• After-Th'-Plowin'.jpg
    After-Th'-Plowin'.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 683
Last edited:
Somedaze you got it, somedaze you don't...

Thanx kiki!

Last edited:
Albert King "The Velvet Bulldozer": 04 23 1923 / 12 21 1992
One of the "Three Kings of the Blues Guitar"

attachment.php

The first in a series of three.

crown.jpg

Attachments

• King-1.jpg
    King-1.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 645
Last edited:
Freddie King "The Texas Cannonball" 09 03 1934 / 12 18 1976
attachment.php

The 3rd King: Progress

bb1copy-thumbnail.jpg
bb2.jpg

bb3copy.jpg
crown.jpg

2​

Attachments

• freddie.jpg
    freddie.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 624
Last edited:
Riley "B.B" King 09 16 1925

attachment.php

crown.jpg

Attachments

• B-B-King.jpg
    B-B-King.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 597
man, is that impressive. I can't believe all of the different degrees of shading you got in the face alone. what a tremendous amout of work you've done since you first started posting pics. thanks for letting us see the progress. (hug):)

man, is that impressive. I can't believe all of the different degrees of shading you got in the face alone. what a tremendous amout of work you've done since you first started posting pics. thanks for letting us see the progress. (hug):)

:heart: Thanx Cutey! Your so welcome! If not for you, none of this would have ever happened! :heart:

I hadn't done anything for a long time. I thought once you've got it you never lost it... Not soooo....

Back