Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > BDSM Talk > BDSM Cafe

Old 08-25-2013, 01:51 PM   #1
DeepGreenEyes
Thaaat's it. Right there.

Songs of Summer

The last salty rush of summer is pulling across my sandsucking feet, back to sea.

But I don't want to let it go. Not yet.

What are some of your favorite summer-summoning songs, old or new?

One of mine.

"A little nonsense, now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
---Willy Wonka

~ Some poems

~ Save second base

Old 08-25-2013, 01:53 PM   #2
DeepGreenEyes

And thank you, to our friends on the other side of the globe, for tolerating my crass seasonism.

---Willy Wonka

~ Some poems

~ Save second base

Old 08-25-2013, 02:26 PM   #3
Sir_Winston54
Assume the position!

Showing my age by immediately thinking, "Beach Boys," but somewhat redeeming myself - I hope - by choosing this song, from 1988.

Legal Notice and Attorney's CYA Requirements: The author of this post is not an attorney, physician, or marital or sexual therapist or counselor (nor does he play any or all of the above on television). All opinions are offered only as the viewpoint(s) of an individual with a certain amount of life experience, and should not be considered to be legal, medical, or therapeutic/counseling advice.

Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.
[Jacked from Wenchie's friend's Facebook page. Thanks!]

If you or a loved one has been attacked by cancer
and you're not familiar with the "Fuck You, Cancer" thread,
please feel free to click the button above.

Old 08-25-2013, 03:04 PM   #4
Curious_in_Cali
~kind of wordy~

My newest one is John Mayer ~ Wildfire
A newer one for me is Zac Brown Band ~ Toes
An older one is Shaggy ~ In The Summertime

Last edited by Curious_in_Cali : 08-25-2013 at 03:08 PM.

Old 08-25-2013, 03:16 PM   #5
BiBunny
Spider...Bunny?

Almost everything by Jimmy Buffett or the Zac Brown Band. Also most of Kenny Chesney's later stuff.

There's a reason there's a quote from this song in my siggy.

As a dreamer of dreams and a traveling Bun,
I have chalked up many a mile
Read dozens of books
About heroes and crooks
And I learned much from both of their styles

Grammar is very important to the Nazi party.

Na razrusha'ya. E'ya razrushost.

Old 08-25-2013, 03:26 PM   #6
sereneone4u
exquisitely submissive

Lana Del Rey

Summertime Blues

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVjsGKrE6E8
I am your servant. I shall not be free. You will protect me; you will keep me safe; you will guard me. You will keep me sound; you will protect me from every demon. -- Ancient Egyptian woman's slave contract

The master of the garden is the one who waters it, trims the branches, plants the seeds, and pulls the weeds. If you merely stroll through the garden, you are but an acolyte.

Submission is not about being used, submission is about being of use. submission is not about what is done to you, submission is about what you do for others " "Strong men simply need women. This will never be understood by weak men. A strong man needs a woman at his feet, who is truly his. Anything else is less than his fulfillment.

ALWAYS

Old 08-25-2013, 04:04 PM   #7
midwestyankee
Perv on!

Summer in the City (Lovin' Spoonful)

Playin' With the Boys (Kenny Loggins via Top Gun)

Speaking of movies: American Graffitti opening sequence is the very essence of summer.

"I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit a better argument than that." Internet poster by your ecards.

Old 08-25-2013, 08:46 PM   #8
rekane
sa minette

This song always just struck a summer chord for me...
Beck - Girl

Old 08-25-2013, 09:41 PM   #9
firefighter12
Really Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiBunny View Post
Almost everything by Jimmy Buffett or the Zac Brown Band. Also most of Kenny Chesney's later stuff.

What she said! As a transplant from the Gulf Coast to the intemperate climes of Nova Scotia, Jimmy conjures up summer in the middle of January for me. I met him in the late '70's at Miami Marine Stadium, been to many of his concerts and hope, nay, pray, he'll perform here in the Maritimes. He sneaks up here to Lawrencetown Beach to surf on occasion, incognito, but the seaplane gives him away. Jimmy, come for a show, enjoy cheap lobster and help us keep Summer all year long....

Old 08-25-2013, 09:43 PM   #10
BonBon1976
Literotica Guru

Jimmy Cliff - I Can See Clearly Now.

The body heals with play, the mind heals with laughter, and the spirit heals with joy.

There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those

Old 08-26-2013, 12:13 AM   #11
DeepGreenEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Winston54 View Post
Showing my age by immediately thinking, "Beach Boys," but somewhat redeeming myself - I hope - by choosing this song, from 1988.
There really is nothing better than driving fast, windows down, humidity high, and the first licks of "I Get Around"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious_in_Cali View Post
My newest one is John Mayer ~ Wildfire
A newer one for me is Zac Brown Band ~ Toes
An older one is Shaggy ~ In The Summertime
Stellar. I dare anyone to be pissy while listening to "In the Summertime."

Quote:

Margaritaville is such a perfect beach song. I read some article awhile back about the way it endures and makes bazillions. But have you ever blown out a flipflop? How does that happen, and does it require a jack? Flares?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sereneone4u View Post
Lana Del Rey

Summertime Blues

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVjsGKrE6E8
Sultry, serene. Wait... 77 MILLION views?? MILLION??

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestyankee View Post

Playin' With the Boys (Kenny Loggins via Top Gun)

Speaking of movies: American Graffitti opening sequence is the very essence of summer.
That makes me wanna watch that movie. What a great film. Look at all the talent in that parking lot. Didn't Harrison Ford get his role because he was, like, George Lucas' gutter guy or something?

Love Summer in the City.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekane View Post
This song always just struck a summer chord for me...
Beck - Girl
It takes pop music to bring rekane outta hiding.

It's infectious. Was I alone in being lyrically schooled? First time I heard it, I thought it was "summer girl," then for months, "sun-eyed girl," and just googled it and found out it's "cyanide girl."

That's delicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter12 View Post
What she said! As a transplant from the Gulf Coast to the intemperate climes of Nova Scotia, Jimmy conjures up summer in the middle of January for me. I met him in the late '70's at Miami Marine Stadium, been to many of his concerts and hope, nay, pray, he'll perform here in the Maritimes. He sneaks up here to Lawrencetown Beach to surf on occasion, incognito, but the seaplane gives him away. Jimmy, come for a show, enjoy cheap lobster and help us keep Summer all year long....
He posts here occasionally, as Dianthus. If you PM him, he will respond as a really kind, kinky woman, but don't be fooled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonBon1976 View Post
Jimmy Cliff - I Can See Clearly Now.
Heck yes.

---Willy Wonka

~ Some poems

~ Save second base

Old 08-26-2013, 03:57 AM   #12
seela
רעד מיט מיר

Quote:
Danny - Kesäkatu

YouTube failed me miserably and didn't have my favorite summer song, which is not so much about summery themes and a lot more about a sense of freedom. I associate songs with certain moments and the favorite one was one of the songs I listened to in the summer when I was 18 and alone on an InterRail trip for 4 weeks. The world felt so, very open and like everything's possible.

Don Johnson Big Band - Running Man was one of my most favorites a couple of years ago, and every time I hear it now, I think of the one morning in August 2011 when I biked back home from a party at 5.30am. There was mist on the lake and I could ride my bike as fast as I wanted because there were no people walking their dogs or pushing strollers. I listened to Running Man and rode my bike like the wind. (The song kinda starts only at 0.30)

The Tallest Man On Earth is a summer staple for me. (check out the other Tiny Desk Concert videos, too, there's a lot of awesome stuff there)

Michael Teló - Ai Se Eu Te Pego was the last year's summer phenomenon, as a summer song definitely works. Besides Brazilian Portuguese sounds so pretty.

-Edith Södergran: Wandering clouds

Last edited by seela : 08-26-2013 at 05:32 AM.

Old 08-26-2013, 03:01 PM   #13
midwestyankee
Perv on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepGreenEyes View Post

That makes me wanna watch that movie. What a great film. Look at all the talent in that parking lot. Didn't Harrison Ford get his role because he was, like, George Lucas' gutter guy or something?
As I recall the story, Ford had done some carpentry for Lucas and got a chance to read for the part due to that connection.

"I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit a better argument than that." Internet poster by your ecards.

Old 08-26-2013, 08:06 PM   #14
rekane
sa minette

Sly is always, ALWAYS a good choice

Old 08-27-2013, 06:56 AM   #15
DeepGreenEyes

Chris Isaak: "Somebody's Crying."

(It's the video that does it.)

Ramones: "Rockaway Beach."

Bowling for Soup: "TGIS"

---Willy Wonka

~ Some poems

~ Save second base

Last edited by DeepGreenEyes : 08-27-2013 at 07:03 AM.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:35 PM   #16
gypsy*seer
Barefoot sage

Location: Near the lakes, forest, & ocean, on a river by the bay....
I know this is blasé, but...

"Summer Breeze"
Seals & Crofts

Oooo...Oh, "Stone Soul Picnic"

Icandigitshecandigitwecandigtheycandigit

Can you dig it, can you dig it baaaybee?

“Blessed are the weird people, poets, misfits, writers, mystics, painters and troubadours for they teach us to see the world through different eyes.” -Jacob Nordby

Last edited by gypsy*seer : 08-27-2013 at 10:38 PM.

Old 08-28-2013, 07:03 PM   #17
DeepGreenEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by seela View Post
Danny - Kesäkatu

YouTube failed me miserably and didn't have my favorite summer song, which is not so much about summery themes and a lot more about a sense of freedom. I associate songs with certain moments and the favorite one was one of the songs I listened to in the summer when I was 18 and alone on an InterRail trip for 4 weeks. The world felt so, very open and like everything's possible.

Don Johnson Big Band - Running Man was one of my most favorites a couple of years ago, and every time I hear it now, I think of the one morning in August 2011 when I biked back home from a party at 5.30am. There was mist on the lake and I could ride my bike as fast as I wanted because there were no people walking their dogs or pushing strollers. I listened to Running Man and rode my bike like the wind. (The song kinda starts only at 0.30)

The Tallest Man On Earth is a summer staple for me. (check out the other Tiny Desk Concert videos, too, there's a lot of awesome stuff there)

Michael Teló - Ai Se Eu Te Pego was the last year's summer phenomenon, as a summer song definitely works. Besides Brazilian Portuguese sounds so pretty.
YouTube wouldn't cooperate in letting me hear several of these, but dig the Tallest Man on Earth. Also, Michael Teló is infectious, as is all the crowd eye candy.

You make an interesting distinction: some songs are summery because of their obvious themes. But others I associate with summer because they were ubiquitous at a particular time in my life: like "Men in Black," which I will always associate with a friend's painful breakup, and helping him move out in the swelter.

Quote:
As I recall the story, Ford had done some carpentry for Lucas and got a chance to read for the part due to that connection.
Hokey religion and ancient weapons are no match for an oscillating spindle sander at your side, kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekane View Post
I want to take you higher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy*seer View Post
I know this is blasé, but...

"Summer Breeze"
Seals & Crofts

Oooo...Oh, "Stone Soul Picnic"

Icandigitshecandigitwecandigtheycandigit

Can you dig it, can you dig it baaaybee?

I most certainly can dig it, thank you very much.

---Willy Wonka

~ Some poems

~ Save second base

Last edited by DeepGreenEyes : 08-28-2013 at 07:05 PM.

Old 08-28-2013, 08:22 PM   #18
BiBunny
Spider...Bunny?

This one has been running through my head all day today while at the beach.

As a dreamer of dreams and a traveling Bun,
I have chalked up many a mile
Read dozens of books
About heroes and crooks
And I learned much from both of their styles

Grammar is very important to the Nazi party.

Na razrusha'ya. E'ya razrushost.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:04 PM   #19
Curious_in_Cali
~kind of wordy~

Considering the MWY nod to summery movie music... What about Grease? Like "You're the One that I Want" or maybe the more obvious "Summer Nights"?

Or maybe these need a nod here...
Summertime Summertime ~ The Jamies
Bananarama - Cruel Summer
Alice Cooper-Schools out
DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - Summertime
LFO~ Summer Girls (Yes, he really sings about a banana phone and Billy Shakespeare)
Sublime - Summertime

Oh, and this is one of mine.

Last edited by Curious_in_Cali : 08-28-2013 at 10:37 PM.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:15 PM   #20
DeepGreenEyes

Quote:
This one has been running through my head all day today while at the beach.
Classic. Beach as freedom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious_in_Cali View Post
Considering the MWY nod to summery movie music... What about Grease? Like "You're the One that I Want" or maybe the more obvious "Summer Nights"?

Or maybe these need a nod here...
Summertime Summertime ~ The Jamies
Bananarama - Cruel Summer
Alice Cooper-Schools out
I want Travolta to stab Olivia Newton John with a syringe to the heart to save her from her heroin-snorted coma. That'd be summery.

That Bananarama song always gets me: summer as a total drag.

---Willy Wonka

~ Some poems

~ Save second base

Old 08-28-2013, 10:21 PM   #21
DeepGreenEyes

Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers: Ice Cream Man

X: Fourth of July

The Surfaris: Wipeout

Weezer: Island in the Sun

Drifters: Under the Boardwalk

Rolling Stones: Summer Romance

B-52s: Dry County

Beach Boys: Surfin' USA

DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince: Summertime

---Willy Wonka

~ Some poems

~ Save second base

Last edited by DeepGreenEyes : 06-22-2014 at 06:11 PM.

Old 08-29-2013, 01:47 AM   #22
seela
רעד מיט מיר

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepGreenEyes View Post
YouTube wouldn't cooperate in letting me hear several of these, but dig the Tallest Man on Earth. Also, Michael Teló is infectious, as is all the crowd eye candy.
YouTube is silly like that sometimes. Oh well, they were really good.

The first one was a local 60's version of Summer In the City with awesome tambourine yelding dancers and a silly video of a "busy summer town". About 10 cars and no leaves on trees.

-Edith Södergran: Wandering clouds

Old 08-31-2013, 10:40 AM   #23
Curious_in_Cali
~kind of wordy~

Summer Vibe ~ Walk Off The Earth

Old 09-01-2013, 01:14 PM   #24
Sweetdaisymae
Owned and Collared

My summer song is Don Henley's" Boys of Summer"
Makes me want to get in a convertable, scream down to Brighton and hang out on the beach, playing music, drinking cold beer and eating chips (that's fries to the USers) it is simple perfection, the tune is so evocative of summers past in my late teens having carefree fun good times!

Hear me sing
http://www.tunescoop.com/play/313435...difference-mp3

Read my story
http://www.literotica.com/s/the-first-meeting-30

Please do not contact me for "cyber" it does not interest me.

Old 09-01-2013, 03:31 PM   #25
Stella_Omega
No Gentleman

SO many summer songs! Whole albums, really.From my teenage years, Bowie's "Aladdin Sane," and the Faces "Every Picture tells A Story" also the Beach Boys ... well, everything by the Beach Boys. Every. Damn. Thing.

Most recent Summer music would be the Gorillaz especially Plastic Beach...
Flaming Lips album Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, or anything by The Shins. fuck I don't know.

All about Stella; My AH profile
Stella's stories on lit

An essay for BDSM Newbies; Top, bottom, dominant, submissive-- and the differences thereof Now rewritten with extra sparkle!