Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > General Board

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 03:14 PM   #27951
vetteman
Forged In Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyer View Post
Just another spark that'll eventually help ignite the coming Constitutional War...

btw: it's not "HYPOCRISY.

The act of swearing an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution and then intentionally violating that oath and illegally circumventing the Constitution...

...is treason.
Not according to the only definition of treason applicable in Art. 3 Sec. 3. of the Constitution.

Old 01-13-2013, 04:21 PM   #27952
eyer
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteman View Post
Not according to the only definition of treason applicable in Art. 3 Sec. 3. of the Constitution.
Yeah...

...anyone constitutionally-charged to uphold and defend the Constitution who then proceeds to intentionally and purposely circumvent the Constitution is, in fact, waging an overt act of war against America.

If that is not, in fact, the case...

...then all who overtly rebel against such primary lawlessness, such tyrannical government, are the traitors.

Thus, in such a lawless scenario, whomever exhibits the most power will prevail...

...and the founders' and framers' glorious experiment with the rule of law - not men - will have failed.

Read much Sam Adams and Mason and Henry, vette...

...or are you much more of a statist-Lincoln kind of guy?

I'm a true liberal, vette...

...that's why "conservatives" and "progressives" despise statist-hating rebels like me.

And that's exactly what reaffirms to me every day that the side I stand firmly upon...

...is the right side.

Old 01-13-2013, 04:27 PM   #27953
vetteman
Forged In Fire

Quote:
Yeah...

...anyone constitutionally-charged to uphold and defend the Constitution who then proceeds to intentionally and purposely circumvent the Constitution is, in fact, waging an overt act of war against America.

If that is not, in fact, the case...

...then all who overtly rebel against such primary lawlessness, such tyrannical government, are the traitors.

Thus, in such a lawless scenario, whomever exhibits the most power will prevail...

...and the founders' and framers' glorious experiment with the rule of law - not men - will have failed.

Read much Sam Adams and Mason and Henry, vette...

...or are you much more of a statist-Lincoln kind of guy?

I'm a true liberal, vette...

...that's why "conservatives" and "progressives" despise statist-hating rebels like me.

And that's exactly what reaffirms to me every day that the side I stand firmly upon...

...is the right side.
You can say something is treason, I can even agree, but it isn't really treason for purposes of the law unless it meets the Constitutional test.

I do believe that any public official who willfully violates his sworn oath should face the death penalty, but we really ought to call it something else.

Old 01-13-2013, 04:43 PM   #27954
eyer
Literotica Guru

Quote:
You can say something is treason, I can even agree, but it isn't really treason for purposes of the law unless it meets the Constitutional test.

I do believe that any public official who willfully violates his sworn oath should face the death penalty, but we really ought to call it something else.
Come up with something more fitting than "treason" to tag not only the intentional usurping of the law but also violating the very spirit of the founding of this great nation...

...and I'll listen.

Old 01-13-2013, 05:00 PM   #27955
vetteman
Forged In Fire

Quote:
Come up with something more fitting than "treason" to tag not only the intentional usurping of the law but also violating the very spirit of the founding of this great nation...

...and I'll listen.
How about First Degree Willful Intent To Violate The Public Trust, or Capital Breach Of Oath?

Old 01-13-2013, 06:03 PM   #27956
eyer
Literotica Guru

Quote:
How about First Degree Willful Intent To Violate The Public Trust, or Capital Breach Of Oath?
Try again, please...

...without sounding like you're a member of some Obama-appointed Congressional committee.

Or...

...how 'bout we Amend to make the perfectly descriptive "treason" unquestionably applicable in your mind?

Old 01-13-2013, 06:39 PM   #27957
vetteman
Forged In Fire

Quote:
Try again, please...

...without sounding like you're a member of some Obama-appointed Congressional committee.

Or...

...how 'bout we Amend to make the perfectly descriptive "treason" unquestionably applicable in your mind?
Cuz you won't get 35 states to buy it off.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:47 PM   #27958
eyer
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Cuz you won't get 35 states to buy it off.
Why do you hate optimism?

Old 01-13-2013, 09:46 PM   #27959
vetteman
Forged In Fire

Quote:
Why do you hate optimism?
Called pragmatism.

Old 01-15-2013, 04:37 AM   #27960
Bunny Slippers
Fluffy Nutter

Report: Obama officials issued $216 billion in regulations last year

The Obama administration issued $236 billion worth of new regulations last year, according to a report from a conservative think tank.

The analysis from the American Action Forum, led by former Congressional Budget Office Director Douglas Holtz-Eakin, found that the administration added $216 billion in rules and more than $20 billion in regulatory proposals in 2012. Complying with those rules will require an additional 87 million hours of paperwork, the report said.

The group put the total price tag from regulations during Obamaís first term at more than $518 billion.

American Action Forum credited the administration for erasing $2.5 billion in regulatory costs last year, but said that paled in comparison to $34 billion in regulatory compliance costs reported by top companies since 2009.

The Environmental Protection Agency racked up the most in regulatory costs last year, according to the report, issuing $172 billion worth of rules. Regulations from the healthcare reform law tacked an additional $20.1 billion in costs onto the economy.

The Dodd-Frank Wall Street reform law, several EPA clean air rules and the Affordable Care Act were the most notable regulatory expenses last year. But prison reform standards and conflict minerals regulation also cost a total of $10 billion in 2012, the report found.

Though the study lists the costs of regulations, it does not calculate any benefits that might have resulted from them.

The American Action Forum is the policy-focused sister organization of the American Action Network.

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/regwatch/ad...#ixzz2I2FtHO31

Old 01-15-2013, 05:20 AM   #27961
mercury14
Pragmatic Metaphysician

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSYBODY-II View Post
Quote:
Though the study lists the costs of regulations, it does not calculate any benefits that might have resulted from them.

I'm sure your conservative think tank will get around to doing this any day now though. It's a top priority for them right?

Old 01-15-2013, 06:32 AM   #27962
Bunny Slippers
Fluffy Nutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury14 View Post
I'm sure your conservative think tank will get around to doing this any day now though. It's a top priority for them right?
conservative think tank?

SOURCE?

Old 01-15-2013, 07:19 AM   #27963
mercury14
Pragmatic Metaphysician

Quote:
conservative think tank?

SOURCE?
Quote:
The Obama administration issued $236 billion worth of new regulations last year, according to a report from a conservative think tank.
Serious?

Old 01-15-2013, 07:22 AM   #27964
Bunny Slippers
Fluffy Nutter

Quote:
Serious?
yes, SERIOUS

that COMMENT is from the AUTHOR

so I axe again

SOURCE?

LINK?

Old 01-15-2013, 07:25 AM   #27965
Bunny Slippers
Fluffy Nutter

Opps

The American Action Forum is a forward-looking policy institute dedicated to keeping America strong, free and prosperous. It seeks to promote common-sense, innovative,

Yup RIGHT WING

Don't sound like an AMERICA HATING LEFTY

Old 01-15-2013, 07:53 AM   #27966
Bunny Slippers
Fluffy Nutter

OUR NATIONíS PROBLEMS, NEATLY ENCAPSULATED:

Under the law, President Obama must submit a budget by the first Monday in February, but he has met the deadline only once. The annual budget submission is supposed to start a congressional budgeting process, but that has also broken down. The Senate last passed a budget resolution in 2009.

Worst. Political. Class. Ever.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:54 AM   #27967
vetteman
Forged In Fire

Their biggest sin is they come up with the facts.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:55 AM   #27968
Bunny Slippers
Fluffy Nutter

Quote:
then they are ATTACKED

Old 01-15-2013, 07:58 AM   #27969
Naughtius Maximus
beyond lines of reason

Location: Don't let the sun burn a hole in your ass, William Blake: rise now, and drive your cart and plow over the bones of the dead!
Do you ever think about stuff?

I mean, sit down, and just think?

I am but mad north-north-west:
When the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:26 AM   #27970
Bunny Slippers
Fluffy Nutter

I blame SandyCliff Bush

Core Retail Sales Beat Despite Electronics And Appliance Sales Drop; Empire Fed Misses Big

Good news, bad news on the economic front this morning. The good news: December advance retail sales rising 0.5% on expectations of a 0.2% increase, up from a 0.4% revised November print. Excluding the volatile auto sales, the number was up 0.3% on expectations of a 0.2% increase, and up from a 0.1% decline. Excluding autos and gas, the print was 0.6%, on expectations of a 0.4% increase. The biggest increase in December retail sales by category was in food services and drinking places which rose 1.2% in December, the same as November. Strong numbers were posted at clothing and accesory stores (+1.0%) and health and personal care (+1.4%) - all very low margin sales. Yet where the report was undisputedly weak, and where many were hoping for a boost but did not get it, was in the higher margin electronics and appliance stores, which dropped -0.6% in December, down big from the 2.3% increase in November, and further weakness for those hoping that December saw a surge in spending over gadgets and gizmos.As for the bad news: it was all in the Empires State Manfuacturing Index which missed expectations big, and in fact posted a decline from the abysmal November miss, revised to -7.30, and now down to -7.78, the sixth negative print in a row, on expectations of an unchanged print. This was the 5th miss in the series in the last 6 reports, the worst miss in 4 months, and the lowest number in 4 months. Alas there was no hurricane in December to blame this major miss on. Oh yes, we remember, "the fiscal cliff."

Old 01-15-2013, 10:36 AM   #27971
mercury14
Pragmatic Metaphysician

Quote:
How do you know? All we're looking at is a headline of political hacks saying something political. Can we see some data please?

And then once we have the cost nailed down, let's factor in the benefit from those regulations.

Old 01-15-2013, 10:44 AM   #27972
mercury14
Pragmatic Metaphysician

Quote:
Core Retail Sales Beat Despite Electronics And Appliance Sales Drop; Empire Fed Misses Big

Good news, bad news on the economic front this morning. The good news: December advance retail sales rising 0.5% on expectations of a 0.2% increase, up from a 0.4% revised November print. Excluding the volatile auto sales, the number was up 0.3% on expectations of a 0.2% increase, and up from a 0.1% decline. Excluding autos and gas, the print was 0.6%, on expectations of a 0.4% increase. The biggest increase in December retail sales by category was in food services and drinking places which rose 1.2% in December, the same as November. Strong numbers were posted at clothing and accesory stores (+1.0%) and health and personal care (+1.4%) - all very low margin sales. Yet where the report was undisputedly weak, and where many were hoping for a boost but did not get it, was in the higher margin electronics and appliance stores, which dropped -0.6% in December, down big from the 2.3% increase in November, and further weakness for those hoping that December saw a surge in spending over gadgets and gizmos.As for the bad news: it was all in the Empires State Manfuacturing Index which missed expectations big, and in fact posted a decline from the abysmal November miss, revised to -7.30, and now down to -7.78, the sixth negative print in a row, on expectations of an unchanged print. This was the 5th miss in the series in the last 6 reports, the worst miss in 4 months, and the lowest number in 4 months. Alas there was no hurricane in December to blame this major miss on. Oh yes, we remember, "the fiscal cliff."

Everyone knew all along that the manufactured fiscal cliff "crisis" was having a negative impact on consumer behavior. Now it's no excuse?

Your paste left out good news about inflation being low and flat, and consumer prices dropped for most things. The price of gas dropped -1.7%, finished energy dropped .3%, and food (especially meat) dropped .9%.

Old 01-15-2013, 11:37 AM   #27973
Bunny Slippers
Fluffy Nutter

Quote:
Everyone knew all along that the manufactured fiscal cliff "crisis" was having a negative impact on consumer behavior. Now it's no excuse?
yup

6 months

in a row

DOWN!

I blame SandyCliff Bush

Old 01-15-2013, 11:54 AM   #27974
mercury14
Pragmatic Metaphysician

Quote:
yup

6 months

in a row

DOWN!

I blame SandyCliff Bush

Which metric?

Old 01-15-2013, 12:32 PM   #27975
Bunny Slippers
Fluffy Nutter

Quote:
Which metric?
As for the bad news: it was all in the Empires State Manfuacturing Index which missed expectations big, and in fact posted a decline from the abysmal November miss, revised to -7.30, and now down to -7.78, the sixth negative print in a row, on expectations of an unchanged print. This was the 5th miss in the series in the last 6 reports, the worst miss in 4 months, and the lowest number in 4 months.

BTW, had you decided to READ the PM, I woulda sent you

You woulda bought a stock, and it woulda been up 120% in 8 days and you woulda paid a BUNCHA taxes

But YOU didn't, so you didn't and you wont

Closed Thread