Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > General Board

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools

Old 01-07-2013, 07:16 AM   #27751
Bunny Slippers
Fluffy Nutter
 
Bunny Slippers's Avatar
 
Bunny Slippers is online now
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 35,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury14 View Post
Because finding your own information is the best way to obtain it. No conservative on Lit will ever read the text of an actual law because they know they'll encounter inconvenient facts.
BS

Nothing we said all along

Hasn't been shown to be TRUE and FACTUAL

The distortions are all from YOU

INCLUDING OBAMACARE BEING LAW OF TEH LAND FOR YEARS
__________________


“It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled”–Mark Twain
 

Old 01-07-2013, 09:27 AM   #27752
Bunny Slippers
Fluffy Nutter
 
Bunny Slippers's Avatar
 
Bunny Slippers is online now
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 35,546
HOW’S THAT HOPEY-CHANGEY STUFF WORKIN’ OUT FOR YA? (CONT’D): Beyond Discouraged, 3.3 Million Workers Are Hopelessly Unemployed. “An often overlooked number calculated by the Labor Department shows millions of Americans want a job but haven’t searched for one in at least a year. They’ve simply given up hope. They’re not counted as part of the labor force, the official unemployment rate, or the category the Labor Department refers to as ‘discouraged workers’ — those who haven’t bothered to look for work in the last four weeks. These hopelessly unemployed workers have just been jobless so long, they’ve fallen off the main government measures altogether.” How convenient.
__________________


“It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled”–Mark Twain
 

Old 01-07-2013, 09:55 AM   #27753
mercury14
Pragmatic Metaphysician
 
mercury14's Avatar
 
mercury14 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 22,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSYBODY-II View Post
BS

Nothing we said all along

Hasn't been shown to be TRUE and FACTUAL

The distortions are all from YOU

INCLUDING OBAMACARE BEING LAW OF TEH LAND FOR YEARS

Conservatives here routinely display a complete lack of awareness of Obamacare's features, goals, and funding. I link them to the source law and they shut their yaps, then they come back in a few weeks with the same misinformation like nothing ever happened.
 

Old 01-07-2013, 09:57 AM   #27754
Bunny Slippers
Fluffy Nutter
 
Bunny Slippers's Avatar
 
Bunny Slippers is online now
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 35,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury14 View Post
Conservatives here routinely display a complete lack of awareness of Obamacare's features, goals, and funding. I link them to the source law and they shut their yaps, then they come back in a few weeks with the same misinformation like nothing ever happened.
and we LINK you TO REAL LIFE HAPPENINGS
__________________


“It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled”–Mark Twain
 

Old 01-07-2013, 09:57 AM   #27755
Bunny Slippers
Fluffy Nutter
 
Bunny Slippers's Avatar
 
Bunny Slippers is online now
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 35,546
even your vaunted ZANDI says Obamacare is a JOBS KILLER
__________________


“It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled”–Mark Twain
 

Old 01-07-2013, 09:59 AM   #27756
JohnnySavage
scapolo
 
JohnnySavage's Avatar
 
JohnnySavage is offline
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: On the banks of the Potomac
Posts: 28,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSYBODY-II View Post
HOW’S THAT HOPEY-CHANGEY STUFF WORKIN’ OUT FOR YA? (CONT’D): Beyond Discouraged, 3.3 Million Workers Are Hopelessly Unemployed. “An often overlooked number calculated by the Labor Department shows millions of Americans want a job but haven’t searched for one in at least a year. They’ve simply given up hope. They’re not counted as part of the labor force, the official unemployment rate, or the category the Labor Department refers to as ‘discouraged workers’ — those who haven’t bothered to look for work in the last four weeks. These hopelessly unemployed workers have just been jobless so long, they’ve fallen off the main government measures altogether.” How convenient.
If they don't want a job, why should they be counted as unemployed
 

Old 01-07-2013, 10:02 AM   #27757
Bunny Slippers
Fluffy Nutter
 
Bunny Slippers's Avatar
 
Bunny Slippers is online now
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 35,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySavage View Post
If they don't want a job, why should they be counted as unemployed
they aren't



and WHO says they DONT want one?
__________________


“It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled”–Mark Twain
 

Old 01-07-2013, 10:07 AM   #27758
JohnnySavage
scapolo
 
JohnnySavage's Avatar
 
JohnnySavage is offline
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: On the banks of the Potomac
Posts: 28,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSYBODY-II View Post
they aren't



and WHO says they DONT want one?
I know, and your See and Pee took issue with not counting them




The See and Pee - said they haven't looked in at least a year. If you aren't looking, you must not want. No?


I don't have a job (in the conventional sense) nor do I want one. Am I unemployed

A U6'er perhaps?
 

Old 01-07-2013, 10:09 AM   #27759
Bunny Slippers
Fluffy Nutter
 
Bunny Slippers's Avatar
 
Bunny Slippers is online now
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 35,546
I don't have a job either

haven't had one since Sept 1995



and the SEE n PEE doesn't say what you say it says

re-read it
__________________


“It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled”–Mark Twain
 

Old 01-07-2013, 10:09 AM   #27760
vetteman
Forged In Fire
 
vetteman's Avatar
 
vetteman is offline
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: West Coast
Posts: 125,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury14 View Post
Your opinion piece is saying that the AARP is an anti-medicare lobbying group that exists to give seniors worse health care. And it pretends that the annual doctor fix which has happened every single year since Newt's speakership (and just got penciled in for 2013) will not happen and therefore Obamacare will scare off Medicare doctors.

Is this what you believe or are you just pulling a Vette/AJ weasel tactic and "reporting the report"?
AARP is a liberal lobbying group.
 

Old 01-07-2013, 10:12 AM   #27761
Bunny Slippers
Fluffy Nutter
 
Bunny Slippers's Avatar
 
Bunny Slippers is online now
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 35,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteman View Post
AARP is a liberal lobbying group.
CURRY lied about what the article said
__________________


“It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled”–Mark Twain
 

Old 01-07-2013, 10:12 AM   #27762
JohnnySavage
scapolo
 
JohnnySavage's Avatar
 
JohnnySavage is offline
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: On the banks of the Potomac
Posts: 28,607
The premise of the article: Beyond Discouraged, 3.3 Million Workers Are Hopelessly Unemployed.


The evidence supporting the premise: “An often overlooked number calculated by the Labor Department shows millions of Americans want a job but haven’t searched for one in at least a year. They’ve simply given up hope. They’re not counted as part of the labor force, the official unemployment rate, or the category the Labor Department refers to as ‘discouraged workers’ — those who haven’t bothered to look for work in the last four weeks. These hopelessly unemployed workers have just been jobless so long, they’ve fallen off the main government measures altogether.”


The conclusion: How convenient.
 

Old 01-07-2013, 10:13 AM   #27763
mercury14
Pragmatic Metaphysician
 
mercury14's Avatar
 
mercury14 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 22,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteman View Post
AARP is a liberal lobbying group.

The fact that they (tepidly) endorsed the Affordable Care Act doesn't make them liberal. Even if they warmly endorsed it it doesn't make them liberal any more than their EXTREMELY warm support for the Republican Medicare Part-D makes them conservative.
 

Old 01-07-2013, 10:15 AM   #27764
mercury14
Pragmatic Metaphysician
 
mercury14's Avatar
 
mercury14 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 22,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySavage View Post
The premise of the article: Beyond Discouraged, 3.3 Million Workers Are Hopelessly Unemployed.


The evidence supporting the premise: “An often overlooked number calculated by the Labor Department shows millions of Americans want a job but haven’t searched for one in at least a year. They’ve simply given up hope. They’re not counted as part of the labor force, the official unemployment rate, or the category the Labor Department refers to as ‘discouraged workers’ — those who haven’t bothered to look for work in the last four weeks. These hopelessly unemployed workers have just been jobless so long, they’ve fallen off the main government measures altogether.”


The conclusion: How convenient.

They think stay at home moms, college students, and people caring for their Alzheimer's baby boomer parent should quit what they're doing and join the work force. Then when the unemployment rate increases because of the flood of new workers they'll turn around and blame Obama for that too.
 

Old 01-07-2013, 10:15 AM   #27765
bra_man69
Literotica Guru
 
bra_man69's Avatar
 
bra_man69 is offline
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: in my cave
Posts: 7,468
By KATE BRIQUELET
Last Updated: 9:55 AM, January 7, 2013
Posted: 1:47 AM, January 6, 2013

EXCLUSIVE

They’re on the dole — and watching the pole.

Welfare recipients took out cash at bars, liquor stores, X-rated video shops, hookah parlors and even strip clubs — where they presumably spent their taxpayer money on lap dances rather than diapers, a Post investigation found.

A database of 200 million Electronic Benefit Transfer records from January 2011 to July 2012, obtained by The Post through a Freedom of Information request, showed welfare recipients using their EBT cards to make dozens of cash withdrawals at ATMs inside Hank’s Saloon in Brooklyn; the Blue Door Video porn shop in the East Village; The Anchor, a sleek SoHo lounge; the Patriot Saloon in TriBeCa; and Drinks Galore, a liquor distributor in The Bronx.
The cover of today's Post

The state Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance (OTDA), which oversees the “cash assistance program,” even lists some of these welfare-ready ATMs on its Web site.
One EBT machine is stationed inside Club Eleven, an infamous Hunts Point jiggle joint known as much for its violent history as its girls in pink thongs.

Cops have been cracking down on the Bronx club since 2009 and shut it down temporarily in 2010. In July, five men were stabbed and two others shot outside after bouncers broke up a 4 a.m. brawl with pepper spray. The club appeared to be shuttered when The Post visited Thursday.

Club Heat, another Bronx strip club that dispenses EBT cash, is also no stranger to violence. A 33-year-old woman was fatally shot in the head outside the club in December 2011.

Critics blasted the government for turning a blind eye to welfare’s sleazy money.

“This is morally scandalous,” said Michael Tanner, a senior fellow at the Cato Institute. “I have nothing against strip clubs, but that’s not what benefits are for. I don’t blame [recipients]. If you are poor, it’s a crummy life and you want to have a drink or see a naked woman. I blame the people who are in charge of this.”

Welfare recipients receive food stamps and cash assistance under the federal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program. Both benefits are accessed through an EBT card, but only cash assistance — meant for housing, utilities and household necessities — can be accessed at ATMs.

A single-person household could receive a maximum $200 in monthly food stamps plus $158 in cash assistance. A family of four could get as much as $668 in food stamps and $433 in cash.

The food-stamp program prohibits the purchase of booze, tobacco and lottery tickets with an EBT card. But with the cash-assistance program, users can blow money on strippers or a six-pack and to tap welfare dollars from liquor stores, casinos and adult-oriented establishments.

The Post found dozens of pubs, nightclubs and tobacco shops where welfare dough was dispensed — and presumably spent.

The Boiler Room, a gay dive bar in the East Village, had $120 and $60 transactions a minute apart on Jan. 17, 2011. The bar is around the corner from a Bank of America that takes EBT cards.

West Village tobacco shop Shisha International had EBT transactions ranging from $40 to $180 in 2011. The store is near at least two EBT-friendly ATMs.

Legislative efforts to crack down on sinful spending have fallen short.

State Sen. Tom Libous (R-Binghamton) passed a bill in his chamber in June that would outlaw welfare withdrawals at gambling dens, strip clubs and other venues of vice, but the measure is gathering dust in the Democratic-controlled Assembly.

Libous is looking for a new Assembly sponsor to carry the bill in that house in the upcoming legislative session, after past sponsor George Latimer (D-Rye) was elected to the state Senate.

With only one of the city’s Assembly members, Nicole Malliotakis (R-B’klyn./SI), as a co-sponsor, the bill faces an uphill battle.

The Assembly typically doesn’t support welfare reform, because its more liberal members think the measures “hurt the poor,” Libous said. If the bill remains stalled, the state stands to lose $120 million in federal welfare funding.

The Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act, signed by President Obama last February, requires states to prohibit sinful welfare spending by 2014. If they don’t, they’ll forfeit federal cash.

“The people who are stealing from the program are the ones I want to go after,” Libous said. “Not someone who lost his job or a single mom who has to feed her kids. That’s what this program is supposed to be for.”

A spokesman with the US Department of Health and Human Services said states make their own rules on EBT cards.

Some states already limit where EBT cards can withdraw money.

A rep from OTDA, New York’s welfare office, said the state does not choose or regulate which retailers get ATMs that handle EBTs. Instead, retailers decide whether to use an ATM that accepts welfare cards.

Additional reporting by Susan Edelman and Brad Hamilton
__________________
Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.

If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.
 

Old 01-07-2013, 10:35 AM   #27766
mercury14
Pragmatic Metaphysician
 
mercury14's Avatar
 
mercury14 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 22,098
There are anecdotes of people spending their benefits unwisely. What would you like to do about it?
 

Old 01-07-2013, 10:36 AM   #27767
Bunny Slippers
Fluffy Nutter
 
Bunny Slippers's Avatar
 
Bunny Slippers is online now
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 35,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury14 View Post
They think stay at home moms, college students, and people caring for their Alzheimer's baby boomer parent should quit what they're doing and join the work force. Then when the unemployment rate increases because of the flood of new workers they'll turn around and blame Obama for that too.
does ANYONE believe this shit?
__________________


“It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled”–Mark Twain
 

Old 01-07-2013, 10:36 AM   #27768
Bunny Slippers
Fluffy Nutter
 
Bunny Slippers's Avatar
 
Bunny Slippers is online now
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 35,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySavage View Post
The premise of the article: Beyond Discouraged, 3.3 Million Workers Are Hopelessly Unemployed.


The evidence supporting the premise: “An often overlooked number calculated by the Labor Department shows millions of Americans want a job but haven’t searched for one in at least a year. They’ve simply given up hope. They’re not counted as part of the labor force, the official unemployment rate, or the category the Labor Department refers to as ‘discouraged workers’ — those who haven’t bothered to look for work in the last four weeks. These hopelessly unemployed workers have just been jobless so long, they’ve fallen off the main government measures altogether.”


The conclusion: How convenient.
when you keep extending the 99 weeks

this is what happens
__________________


“It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled”–Mark Twain
 

Old 01-07-2013, 10:37 AM   #27769
Bunny Slippers
Fluffy Nutter
 
Bunny Slippers's Avatar
 
Bunny Slippers is online now
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 35,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury14 View Post
The fact that they (tepidly) endorsed the Affordable Care Act doesn't make them liberal. Even if they warmly endorsed it it doesn't make them liberal any more than their EXTREMELY warm support for the Republican Medicare Part-D makes them conservative.
STFU, LYING STOOGE
__________________


“It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled”–Mark Twain
 

Old 01-07-2013, 10:37 AM   #27770
bra_man69
Literotica Guru
 
bra_man69's Avatar
 
bra_man69 is offline
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: in my cave
Posts: 7,468
__________________
Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.

If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.
 

Old 01-07-2013, 10:40 AM   #27771
Bunny Slippers
Fluffy Nutter
 
Bunny Slippers's Avatar
 
Bunny Slippers is online now
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 35,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury14 View Post
The fact that they (tepidly) endorsed the Affordable Care Act doesn't make them liberal. Even if they warmly endorsed it it doesn't make them liberal any more than their EXTREMELY warm support for the Republican Medicare Part-D makes them conservative.
TEPID

you should be fucking ashamed of yourself
__________________


“It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled”–Mark Twain
 

Old 01-07-2013, 10:48 AM   #27772
mercury14
Pragmatic Metaphysician
 
mercury14's Avatar
 
mercury14 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 22,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSYBODY-II View Post
TEPID

you should be fucking ashamed of yourself
Tepid as the endorsement didn't come until the bill was already in the process of passing. They were mainly concerned with the peripheral issue of the Medicare doughnut hole since the law doesn't impact many of their members.
 

Old 01-07-2013, 10:49 AM   #27773
Bunny Slippers
Fluffy Nutter
 
Bunny Slippers's Avatar
 
Bunny Slippers is online now
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 35,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury14 View Post
Tepid as the endorsement didn't come until the bill was already in the process of passing. They were mainly concerned with the peripheral issue of the Medicare doughnut hole since the law doesn't impact many of their members.
I can smell your stinky shit thru the computer

STFU with the LIES, willya
__________________


“It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled”–Mark Twain
 

Old 01-07-2013, 10:55 AM   #27774
phrodeau
Literotica Guru
 
phrodeau's Avatar
 
phrodeau is offline
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Hobbiton, The Shire (away on business)
Posts: 43,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSYBODY-II View Post
I can smell your stinky shit thru the computer

STFU with the LIES, willya
Maybe you should stop posting lies yourself.
 

Old 01-07-2013, 10:57 AM   #27775
vetteman
Forged In Fire
 
vetteman's Avatar
 
vetteman is offline
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: West Coast
Posts: 125,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury14 View Post
They think stay at home moms, college students, and people caring for their Alzheimer's baby boomer parent should quit what they're doing and join the work force. Then when the unemployment rate increases because of the flood of new workers they'll turn around and blame Obama for that too.
Jesus, what a bullshitting machine.
 
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:32 AM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.